Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Costa Conundrum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    Something other than the mail ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Everybody talking about Costa one way or the other and in reality:

V62xDne.png

For that reason I'm out....sometime, soon, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There is only one thing rivalling the costa conundrum and that's the Mr Prodston wildcard conundrum ☺

There is only one thing rivalling the costa conundrum and that's the Mr Prodston wildcard conundrum ☺

I'm so undecided it's beginning to get ridiculous :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Costa was out training today

https://vine.co/#/v/OMpWLewWPeF

Well he's at least walking, enough to score 6 vs QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Costa was out training today

https://vine.co/#/v/OMpWLewWPeF

Well he's at least walking, enough to score 6 vs QPR.

in my head the Darth Vader theme tune was playing as he walked out :D
    it's bizarre that captain Costa could be a big differential this week
    just seen the captain poll
    maybe not a differential after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    SlickRic wrote: »

Givin it socks too by the looks of it

:pac:

Selling for Aguero
    ooooohhhh yeah . hat trick incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

16417_10152909477997259_5451823284777563859_n.jpg?oh=d78c4fc658de7d5ee0ace779990d2d1d&oe=54F149EE&__gda__=1425213753_c47d09ae8eb56540f41960041dc26df0

//MOD

While I'm happy your excited to see him lets leave the visual queues on exactly how happy you are (though a Lolcat might have been accepted).

//MOD

• Advertisement

Selling for Aguero
    mourinho confirms Costa is available but will need "special care" from now on
    captaining tomorrow then probably selling him
    can't be dealing with this **** every weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mourinho confirms that Loic Remy and John Obi Mikel will both miss the match, but Ramires and Costa are both available for the game.

"It's good for us. It's difficult when you only have one striker available, but when you have two the situation improves."

"He played for the national team and we lost him for four matches: Crystal Palace, Maribor, Shrewsbury and Manchester United, four matches in three different competitions. Now he is again available but he needs to be under special care."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

"special care" probably means playing all league matches, but not playing cup games and dead rubber champs league games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah you know what, he's too much hassle.

Special care? What the fcuk does that actually mean. Will he be rested for the easier games? Will he train less? Will he break down after 20 minutes.

It's too much hassle to be honest. If I had him, I'd be worried every single week about him starting.

There are a ton of alternatives out there. Sure he'll score 2 some games but he'll probably get rotated when you want him to start at home to the weaker sides.

There are a ton of cheaper alternatives out there and Sturridge is not far off a return.

Selling for Aguero

Special care? What the fcuk does that actually mean. Will he be rested for the easier games? Will he train less? Will he break down after 20 minutes.

It's too much hassle to be honest. If I had him, I'd be worried every single week about him starting.

There are a ton of alternatives out there. Sure he'll score 2 some games but he'll probably get rotated when you want him to start at home to the weaker sides.
    There are a ton of cheaper alternatives out there and Sturridge is not far off a return.
    I'm almost 100% selling next week for all the reasons above
    gonna use the extra cash to bring in hazard instead

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Selling for Aguero
    I'll be keeping Costa and enjoying it all the more when he scores

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Almost certain I'll be getting rid after this week. He was the first so called must have of the season but there are lots of players performing now and most importantly lots of viable captain options.

I can understand where you are coming from, but I think its a 'monitor' situation. The guy scored and average of almost 8 points per game before the injury. I can live with a bit of uncertainty if that's what he does when he does play. Plus for the next while they have no need to play him in the CL or League cup so he'll get plenty of rest, and they will I'm sure try to pull some stroke to get him out of the Internationals.

I can see it being worthwhile to drop him over the Xmas period for the likes of Sturridge who is less likely to be rested after his spell out and Liverpools lack of alternatives.

FHFC wrote: »
    I can understand where you are coming from, but I think its a 'monitor' situation. The guy scored and average of almost 8 points per game before the injury. I can live with a bit of uncertainty if that's what he does when he does play. Plus for the next while they have no need to play him in the CL or League cup so he'll get plenty of rest, and they will I'm sure try to pull some stroke to get him out of the Internationals.

I can see it being worthwhile to drop him over the Xmas period for the likes of Sturridge who is less likely to be rested after his spell out and Liverpools lack of alternatives.

Chelsea have 3 league games in 7 days soon enough after the int break aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    special care is a not too subtle dig at Del Bosque and the Spanish set-up. i'm keeping him for now anyway. qpr and wba both at home in the next 3 gameweeks. after that i may re-consider as the amount of fixtures in quick succession becomes a genuine concern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    I'm keeping him until Mourinho actually starts implementing this policy of "special care". If that even ever happens I'll transfer him out then.

One thing to note:

Chelsea play WBA at home straight after the international break. What are the odds Costa plays 180 in that time and then gets a rest by a cranky Jose.

That worries me. Obviously I can't back it up with anything other than my paranoia but it adds to the growing list of concerns.

I could see myself going back to my original plan of Haz and Fab without Costa. Rooney slotting in up top then instead having replaced ADM with Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    One thing to note:

Chelsea play WBA at home straight after the international break. What are the odds Costa plays 180 in that time and then gets a rest by a cranky Jose.

That worries me. Obviously I can't back it up with anything other than my paranoia but it adds to the growing list of concerns.

I could see myself going back to my original plan of Haz and Fab without Costa. Rooney slotting in up top then instead having replaced ADM with Hazard.

Spain only have one qualifier and the other match is a friendly against Germany. Del Bosque can do whatever he wants with Costa, but I would assume common sense would prevail for the friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Diego who???

Get the gin ready comrades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

PARlance wrote: »
    Diego who???

It's times like this that makes me love FPL, can't handle the gin though after a few bad experiences in college:o

• Advertisement

Selling for Aguero
    As long as rooneys leg does not fall off I'm switching them tomorrow
    I'm not waiting till later in week anymore
    Patience has got me nowhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Selling for Aguero
    I'm going to give him a bit more time. It's only his first game back, can't see him firing another blank next week.

Selling for Aguero
    HighClass wrote: »
    I'm going to give him a bit more time. It's only his first game back, can't see him firing another blank next week.

look at it this way......he cost me 10.8 and has 3 blanks in a row now......united have 3 home games in 4 and whatever about their defence they will score goals

Getting rid of Costa 3 weeks ago.... priceless

Sanchez in: 13, 16, 16

I am a genius :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

km79 wrote: »
    As long as rooneys leg does not fall off I'm switching them tomorrow
    I'm not waiting till later in week anymore
    Patience has got me nowhere

Me too. Last two GWs have been very damaging to me and I've lost points I'll find very hard to claw back. I don't care how early in the season. My new wait and see transfer policy is costing me big time. I really feel like giving up already.
    Gonna switch off from here and FF for a while. Disaster after disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Selling for Aguero
    Getting rid of Costa 3 weeks ago.... priceless

Sanchez in: 13, 16, 16

I am a genius :):):)

My Ivanovich to Chambers transfer 2 weeks ago is feeling quite similar to that

Unfortunately only hopped on the Sanchez wagon for this GW, but better late than never ;)

Selling for Aguero
    G1032 wrote: »
    Me too. Last two GWs have been very damaging to me and I've lost points I'll find very hard to claw back. I don't care how early in the season. My new wait and see transfer policy is costing me big time. I really feel like giving up already.
    Gonna switch off from here and FF for a while. Disaster after disaster.

I've a feeling we have very similar teams as we were contemplating similar transfers
    the chambers one hurts
    hurts bad :(

thunderdog wrote: »
    My Ivanovich to Chambers transfer 2 weeks ago is feeling quite similar to that

Unfortunately only hopped on the Sanchez wagon for this GW, but better late than never ;)

Chambers... Sure I've had him from the start ;)

Sorry lads. I'm enjoying this.

Might switch over to supporting Arsenal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tempted to take Costa out for Rooney as well.

Diego who???

Tastes so good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Selling for Aguero
    another on the costa to rooney club here.

Park the bus vs Liverpool, take a 1-0 win while "resting" the man himself due to a "niggling injury" thus ruling him out of international duty..... Yes please Jose :)

He only has NTOs of 142 today so not the Costa out talk isn't matching up in reality. Get shipping folks ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Jose confirms Diego Costa will start against Liverpool and that Loic Remy is fit to be involved.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Selling for Aguero
    Well done to all who kept faith and held costa, a few nice fixtures coming up.

Arguable it's been successful (0,0,2,7) when a lot would have captained against QPR as well :p. I won't be ignoring him for much longer, but will also hope gets the 5th yellow in the next couple matches.

• Advertisement

I have had a nightmare with costa. Ive had him for 6 out of his 10 gws but have missed his 3 biggest scores the 12 v leicester the 17 v swansea and todays 7. The fact he is now on 4 yellows Im debating whether to bother getting him back plus the gw after next there is 3 league games in a week.

9 points in 4 weeks, the opportunity cost of keeping him, the fact that he has nearly dropped to most peoples selling price...Hardly worth a well done in fairness.
    I would say a lot will be bringing him back for WBA.

I have had a nightmare with costa. Ive had him for 6 out of his 10 gws but have missed his 3 biggest scores the 12 v leicester the 17 v swansea and todays 7. The fact he is now on 4 yellows Im debating whether to bother getting him back plus the gw after next there is 3 league games in a week.

That's a great point. That midweek match is Spurs which I assume he starts; Sunderland and Newcastle either side of it if Jose doesn't think he can start three times in a week.

Arguable it's been successful (0,0,2,7) when a lot would have captained against QPR as well :p. I won't be ignoring him for much longer, but will also hope gets the 5th yellow in the next couple matches.

It's been a spectacular success for me anyway.
    534k when I dropped him. 8k now.

Keeping Costa meant that a lot couldn't get on the Sanchez bus. The opportunity cost of keeping him was massive. As long as there's no operation, hopefully he'll be back with a bang.

That's a great point. That midweek match is Spurs which I assume he starts; Sunderland and Newcastle either side of it if Jose doesn't think he can start three times in a week.

He may be told to get a yellow vs WBA?
    Getting his suspension out of the way before Spurs.
    Sounds like a Jose plan

He may be told to get a yellow vs WBA?
    Getting his suspension out of the way before Spurs.
    Sounds like a Jose plan

I remember reading somewhere that Suarez was on 4 yellows last season (or maybe the one before) and then went 10 matches before his next yellow. However, Costa is a nutter so can't see him making it 5 matches.

He will probably play the schalke away game which is midweek between wba and Sunderland as if schalke beat Chelsea they will more than likely top the group. We will finally find out if mourinho is spoofing or not with his 3 games in a week thing.

Selling for Aguero
    I kept him but wish I sold him to be honest as I'd have had pelle and quite possibly Sanchez

I remember reading somewhere that Suarez was on 4 yellows last season (or maybe the one before) and then went 10 matches before his next yellow. However, Costa is a nutter so can't see him making it 5 matches.

Not sure that was Suarez last season anyway. I do remember Silva was a big talking point last Dec.

An important factor is Jose. If he plans on resting him and sees Sunderland as a good opportunity then I would say he'll instruct Costa to get one against WBA. Costa would prob pick one up anyway :)

• Advertisement

....whereas Suarez was.......????

Advertisement