Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

All new signings from yesterday are below. As expected Daley Blind comes in at £5.5m, but it appears Falcao has come in a bit cheaper than expected on £11m. Possibly worth a gamble this week over Rooney!

wsw9xd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

roryc wrote: »
    All new signings from yesterday are below.....Falcao has come in a bit cheaper than expected on £11m. Possibly worth a gamble this week over Rooney!
    Nice price. I have Aguero at the moment but an easy transfer if Aguero gets crocked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

8-10 wrote: »
    Ward-Prowse on my watchlist now, great set piece delivery in that 1st half, really whips it in!
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    James Ward Prowse with two assists this week and on all set pieces could be a good cheap 5th option.
    manual_man wrote: »
    Sadio Mane, midfielder, has signed for Southampton. 22 yrs old, 45 goals in 86 appearances for Redbull Salzburg

JWP could be the one to miss out here. I'm thinking of removing him with my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

LVG has just made my life harder i have no idea what to do with Rooney and Mata now. I wanted to keep both at home to QPR before using my wildcard but now Falcao has made it impossible to know if both will start.

What's peoples opinions on Wellbeck never really got a shot up front at United when he did last season he got 8 in 9 with little or no service. He is 6.9 and should be the main striker for a team in the top 4 getting service from Chamberlain, Walcott, Ozil and Sanchez. He is surely worth a gamble at that price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DD401A70E6BA4A55A84C42378046259C_zps9f02899f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd go Rooney to Falcao straight away if not for the international break. Anybody know where Colombia are playing? (On phone. Difficult to check myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'd go Rooney to Falcao straight away if not for the international break. Anybody know where Colombia are playing? (On phone. Difficult to check myself)

Miami against Brazil I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Miami against Brazil I think.

So, travel and potential aggro after the WC game. I'll wait until he returns anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Who needs Falcao when you have Ivanovich :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So, travel and potential aggro after the WC game. I'll wait until he returns anyway.

They only play once though some teams are playing 2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

will welbeck start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    will welbeck start?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Only plays this Saturday while for example Rooney is going to be playing again next week (Monday i think).

Read somewhere that Falcao is still waiting on a working visa but they are going to sort that in Miami! Either way I had 0.5 spare so swapped Rooney with him :)

Tempted to also bring in Di Maria for Ramsey but i'll hold off on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

A player who seems to be permanently on my watchlist - Mirallas. He's gone under the radar on here a bit compared to last year, but has 2 goals scored already. A lot of us got burned by him early on last season but he still had a good season overall.

Zaha another one firmly on my watchlist. There's a good chance he'll find his form again at Palace as he'll be the main man again. Always the risk that he'll be another Taraabt but he has looked decent in his first two games back. Alas, 5.4m is a bit of an awkward price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdamD wrote: »
    Jack Wilshere 6.5m

On paper he doesn't look like a guaranteed starter yet always seems to get minutes when fit. Decent shot at playing 10 with Ozil likely to be rested at the start of the season. Very cheap for an attacking midfielder at Arsenal if he stays fit and gets enough playtime.

Hasn't been playing 10 but Arsenal's change in formation to 4141 looks like an attempt to get Ramsey and Wilshere playing together every week. His form is improving and he got a goal and an assist versus City yesterday, I still think he could be a potential bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Matt Phillips looked decent today for QPR @ 4.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Gatame wrote: »
    Matt Phillips looked decent today for QPR @ 4.9

Thought Traore looked great today. Arguably QPRs best player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Morgan Schneiderlin is getting harder to ignore but for me (and many) he'd be taking the Siggy spot...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

tom_k wrote: »
    Morgan Schneiderlin is getting harder to ignore but for me (and many) he'd be taking the Siggy spot...

He's already scored more goals than he got for the whole of last season. Can't see this purple patch continuing and Siggy should easily outscore him over the course of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mo Diame us at Hull now and Bruce has set his team up to suit him.

Playing in the hole and priced at 5.4,definate potential there imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He's already scored more goals than he got for the whole of last season. Can't see this purple patch continuing and Siggy should easily outscore him over the course of the season.

Different manager and style of play plus he's fired up over the ****e during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ozil has to be watched if he retains the No.10 role behind Wellbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Ozil has to be watched if he retains the No.10 role behind Wellbeck.

Went onto my watch list last night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

After this week, Arsenal have an epic run of games, pretty much all the way up until Christmas.

Considering either bringing in Oxlade-Chamberlain as a cheap way into their attack (instead of Welbeck), or possibly hanging on until Walcott is fully fit and bringing him in.

EDIT: Rotation on Ox may be the problem though so may need to go with Welbeck.,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Thought this would be the most appropriate thread and was also interesting just how right and wrong we got things only just a couple of months ago :pac:

Anyway Geoff Cameron might be getting gametime in midfield now. Started the last game and with Bardsley on 4 yellows could slot in to RB for a game too. He's just 4.2 now so worth keeping an eye on

Thought this would be the most appropriate thread and was also interesting just how right and wrong we got things only just a couple of months ago :pac:

Anyway Geoff Cameron might be getting gametime in midfield now. Started the last game and with Bardsley on 4 yellows could slot in to RB for a game too. He's just 4.2 now so worth keeping an eye on

This is very very interesting to me. I know their fixtures are a bit poo, but playing oop (see what I did there :)) and 4.2m....http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Cameron-role-key-Stoke-s-success/story-23648173-detail/story.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Rolando Aarons. teenage sensation for newcastle. scored and assisted on his debut but got injured a couple of days later in training and was out for 5/6 weeks. Its his first senior game back now tonight and hes after scoring away at man city. newcastle have nice fixtures for the next couple of months and look to be after improving a bit latley. worth watching in my opinion anyway for what its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Rolando Aarons. teenage sensation for newcastle. scored and assisted on his debut but got injured a couple of days later in training and was out for 5/6 weeks. Its his first senior game back now tonight and hes after scoring away at man city. newcastle have nice fixtures for the next couple of months and look to be after improving a bit latley. worth watching in my opinion anyway for what its worth

Indeed he is. He's only a 5million midfielder too. If he can nail down a spot he'll be a good option, he looks lightning quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Silva injured. Activate Nasri watch. 8.2m at present

• Advertisement

Advertisement