Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pokemon General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Just playing through Soul Silver right now. I find it kind of funny that the rival keeps calling me weak despite losing convincingly every time I meet him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The rival in GSC was by far and away the best one. He starts out an absolute ass and actually gets character development along the way. I really dislike the best friends route they went almost directly after. Give me someone I can enjoy beating! Not someone I don't care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 weakid13

Hey there,
    Not really sure if I'm posting in the right area and what not...but just ya know wondering if anybody knows if those lovely people at Nintendo are going to be super nice and give us the upcoming Gengar and Diancie events or do I need to start spamming relations in England to pick me up codes in Game.
    Cheers for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

It was possible for us in Ireland to get the UK event Charizard at GAME by turning your phone into a wifi hotspot with a particular name, so it may work again with those 2 events, we'll just have to wait and see!

Don't think we'll actually get our own one though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Where would the cheapest place to get a 3DS, HG/SS and X/Y ?

I'm looking into getting one soon, and getting through them games before OR/AS and then maybe selling it all on again before christmas.

Would adverts be the best or is there somewhere online that gives the best prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Where would the cheapest place to get a 3DS, HG/SS and X/Y ?

I'm looking into getting one soon, and getting through them games before OR/AS and then maybe selling it all on again before christmas.

Would adverts be the best or is there somewhere online that gives the best prices

If you're looking for something just to play those games and then sell on then yeah picking one up secondhand is probably your best bet. You should be able to get a non XL console for < €100. There's one here for €65 with a dodgy battery so obviously wouldn't be portable but should do the job if you're not fussed about that. HG/SS still tend to command high prices though so expect to pay €40+ for those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you're looking for something just to play those games and then sell on then yeah picking one up secondhand is probably your best bet. You should be able to get a non XL console for < €100. There's one here for €65 with a dodgy battery so obviously wouldn't be portable but should do the job if you're not fussed about that. HG/SS still tend to command high prices though so expect to pay €40+ for those.

Does 3D add anything to the pokemon games really ? 2DS consoles seem to be a few euro cheaper, but mightn't sell on as easily again.

Really didn't expect HG/SS to be at that price. Can't find anything less than €40, same with X/Y but I expected that

Does 3D add anything to the pokemon games really ? 2DS consoles seem to be a few euro cheaper, but mightn't sell on as easily again.

Really didn't expect HG/SS to be at that price. Can't find anything less than €40, same with X/Y but I expected that

No, it doesn't really add anything to the games and 3D is only available in battle, during evolution, and certain scenes so go for a 2DS if it works out cheaper. The price of HG/SS is ridiculous and I've no idea why it's holding it's value. Then again pokemon games generally do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Doing a Randomized Yellow Nuzlocke and had an awful time today.

1. My starter died.

2. Got Cut and literally nobody can learn it. Due to being Randomized I found a Soda earlier and was able to access Saffron City (and therefor Celadon and Lavender too) but have only the Fighting Dojo left to check. Haven't done it yet because I'm too under levelled for it.

3. The Mr. Mime trade has been Randomized. He now wants a Kakuna for his Mewtwo! Problem? I can't find a Kakuna or even a Weedle!!!! Metapod everywhere!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mewtwo for Kakuna? Sounds like a normal day on the GTS :pac:

• Advertisement

Hi guys, bit of a long shot but does anyone know where I might get a Pokémon themed birthday card in Dublin? Nephew's birthday is soon and Pokémon is about the only thing I have to bond with him over! :p

Hi guys, bit of a long shot but does anyone know where I might get a Pokémon themed birthday card in Dublin? Nephew's birthday is soon and Pokémon is about the only thing I have to bond with him over! :p

Smyths maybe? I know they have birthday cards. Or get one printed. Or else get him one of these! http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Pokemon-Card-Birthday-Pikachu-24-WOTC-Black-Star-Promo-Rare-NEAR-MINT-/191611591531?nav=SEARCH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was looking to get a Liepard with Copycat and from what I understand Purrloin gets it as an egg move. Problem is I'm not sure who you breed it with to get the move. Anyone know?

I was looking to get a Liepard with Copycat and from what I understand Purrloin gets it as an egg move. Problem is I'm not sure who you breed it with to get the move. Anyone know?

Skitty or spinda should transfer it over

Cheers for that. Now I just need Purrloin's hidden ability Prankster and I can begin breeding for it. I saw some videos on Youtube and it looks tremendous fun to use.

If anyone has a Friend Safari with Purloin let me know please. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I believe I have a Prankster Liepard, so I can breed one for you.

Angron wrote: »
    I believe I have a Prankster Liepard, so I can breed one for you.

That would be a great help, thanks. Do we have each other's friend codes? I know I added a bunch from this forum once.

Possibly, I'm not sure. Mine is 4957-2772-6929 if not.

Yes I have that one. Mine is 3969-5252-7239.

Got it. Just working on the breeding now, and I'll pop online as soon as I have one.

• Advertisement

Right, I've bred nearly a full box and none of them have come out with Prankster yet because apparently the game hates me tonight. I'll try again tomorrow, but I really have to go to sleep now.

No worries, man. Very good of you to try. I appreciate it. Go get some sleep. :)

Finally I got a 5IV one hatched. Because it took so long, I've also bred Copycat onto it for you.

I'll be online this evening if you still need it.

Angron wrote: »
    Finally I got a 5IV one hatched. Because it took so long, I've also bred Copycat onto it for you.

I'll be online this evening if you still need it.

Wow that's super nice of you, cheers. Yes I will be on later this evening myself.

I'll send you a shiny as a thank you.

Nah, you don't have to send a shiny, I have enough of those :pac:

To be honest, I have no idea why it took so long in the first place. Female with the HA just would not pass down Prankster for whatever reason, I had to get a male parent with it and then the majority were showing up with it. Quite odd.

Well, I'll look for something decent to give you. I appreciate your efforts. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I doubt anyone has a spare Mew lying around do they? :pac:

I'm in the process of building a trick room team and I'm looking for the following pokes if anyone has either available for trade:

Natu or Xatu w/ Magic Bounce
    Gothita or Gothorita w/ Shadow Tag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm in the process of building a trick room team and I'm looking for the following pokes if anyone has either available for trade:

Natu or Xatu w/ Magic Bounce
    Gothita or Gothorita w/ Shadow Tag

I've a Shadow Tag Gothia. Lvl 22 and Japanese so can't name him. Presume you'll breed him?

If you've any really rare Pokémon I'd appreciate it, completing the National Dex, and Hoenn has been thoroughly cleaned of Pokémon to catch. If not I don't really care, can import anything from Gen 5 anyways at some stage.

• Advertisement

I've a Shadow Tag Gothia. Lvl 22 and Japanese so can't name him. Presume you'll breed him?

If you've any really rare Pokémon I'd appreciate it, completing the National Dex, and Hoenn has been thoroughly cleaned of Pokémon to catch. If not I don't really care, can import anything from Gen 5 anyways at some stage.

Yeah I'd look to breed a traded one.

I'm not sure if I have any rare pokes but I can check. My dex tells me I've 394 at the moment. What sort of ones are you hunting down currently?

Advertisement