Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

• 19-08-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

crest_waterford1.gif

2009 - 2011 thread here

This is our year :)

Will Waterford Win Waterford? 13 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,471 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Was the threshold not meant to be 10K posts? Might have made more sense to start the 2012 thread when the 2011 season ended no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Just 5 more months to the Waterford Crystal tournament! :P:pac:

Cake Man wrote: »
    Just 5 more months to the Waterford Crystal tournament! :P:pac:

Going for the big 3 in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

KevIRL wrote: »
    Was the threshold not meant to be 10K posts? Might have made more sense to start the 2012 thread when the 2011 season ended no?

Mods were told it was a pretty urgent matter so we couldn't wait around unfortunately. Also I was told the old thread could still potentially cause problems since it was so much larger than the rest of the threads in the forum. I'm not sure how that's the case tbh and I would've liked to have kept the old one going till the end of the year myself, but so be it.

I'll edit the OP in case people think it's suddenly January 1st :P

• Advertisement

Next weekend's fixtures copied over from the old thread.
    Round 4 of the Senior Hurling Championship;

28/08/2011

group 1;

DLS V Fourmilewater 15:30
    Abbeyside v Lismore 18:30
    Ballyduff Uppr v Stradbally 14:00

All games in Fraher Field

group 2;

27/08/2011

Ballygunner v Tallow 18:30 @ Fraher Field

28/08/2011

Roanmore v Passage 14:30
    Mount Sion v Dungarvan 16:00

Both games at Walsh Park

The last round of the championship will be played on the following weekend.

http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/

Daysha wrote: »
    Mods were told it was a pretty urgent matter so we couldn't wait around unfortunately. Also I was told the old thread could still potentially cause problems since it was so much larger than the rest of the threads in the forum. I'm not sure how that's the case tbh and I would've liked to have kept the old one going till the end of the year myself, but so be it.

I'll edit the OP in case people think it's suddenly January 1st :P

Ah no biggie dude. Out of your hands and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Daysha wrote: »
    Next weekend's fixtures copied over from the old thread.

Gonna go to the FMW v DLS game, and might hang around for the Abbeyside v Lismore game. Nothing else seems that enticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tomkelly99

Never going to give you up , never going to let you down, never going to turn around and desert you....never going to make you cry never going to say goodbye never going to tell a lie and hurt you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭deisedude

tomkelly99 wrote: »
    Never going to give you up , never going to let you down, never going to turn around and desert you....never going to make you cry never going to say goodbye never going to tell a lie and hurt you

Is that the latest tune that you have blaring out the Datsun?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

tomkelly99 wrote: »

Didn't Rick Asshole warble that dross

Déise rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Sadly i think Waterford reached there peak in 07.They had the players from the 98-07 era to at least win one all ireland but they ended up with none.Post 07 i think Davy has bought Waterford backwards while you could say there the third best team in the country i think it's more like the best out of a bad lot.At the moment Waterford have no trouble getting to all ireland semi finals but they can't seem to win them for love nor money.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    Didn't Rick Asshole warble that dross
    what a crock of s;'#.e

Tried to check the results on the county website of the football today and I'm being told 'The competition doesn't exist'. Well that concerns me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Tried to check the results on the county website of the football today and I'm being told 'The competition doesn't exist'. Well that concerns me!

You could say the county board have the same attitude some of the time too.:pac:

Which competition in Particular. Most of them are up there. I would love to see someone come up with the idea to have the Ladies Football and Camogie results put up as well.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Which competition in Particular. Most of them are up there. I would love to see someone come up with the idea to have the Ladies Football and Camogie results put up as well.

Think it was just it hadn't fully loaded or whatever. Thought it was funny though like, as opposed to it saying error or something "This competition doesn't exist". Well, las time I checked we did have a senior football championship in this county.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Still wish Waterford GAA had an official twitter like most other counties have, the amount of convenience it would ensure...

deise_girl wrote: »
    Still wish Waterford GAA had an official twitter like most other counties have, the amount of convenience it would ensure...

Who runs these twitter pages?

• Advertisement

Who runs these twitter pages?

The people that run the websites I assume?
    http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialCorkGAA
    http://twitter.com/#!/LimerickCLG
    http://twitter.com/#!/TipperaryGAA

Maybe a job for yourself? :P

Maybe a job for yourself? :P

But then I'd have to find out the results to give them to others, and thats part of the problem, I wanna find out results :L

But then I'd have to find out the results to give them to others, and thats part of the problem, I wanna find out results :L

As they happen? The website is kept reasonably up to date for Senior games.

Guess its a lack of man power.

Munster Council also has a page, and i think Kerry has one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Well done to the junior Camogie team for their great win yesterday. Best of luck in the All Ireland. Waterford women showing the men how its done again.

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    Well done to the junior Camogie team for their great win yesterday. Best of luck in the All Ireland. Waterford women showing the men how its done again.

3rd time lucky hopefully

I've been saying the same thing about Twitter for a long time as well. It doesn't require any extra manpower, just a case of giving the waterfordgaa.com webmaster a brief lesson on it. You'd lose count on the amount of new GAA info you'd find on the site if you follow the right people, and I know it's the first port of call for many CB's when announcing teams.

• Advertisement

For an intercounty Twitter site you do need man power. You need to have their laptop or what ever at games across the county hitting in info every few minutes. If you had games say at Walsh park, Fraher Field, Cappoquin, Lemybrien and one or two other venues going on at the same time it is a lot of work for the one person to try and gather it all and then put it up in a short space of time. If you have a few people as they do i believe in Cork, they all could have the pass word, be logged in and hitting in the info at whatever game they are at and people would be gettiing updates as they happen etc. For an inter county game you need the one person who can do it from the stand, press box, side line or where ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement