Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Any speculation on what the UFC's big announcement is going to be?

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/ufc-teases-cant-miss-event-announcement-on-nov-17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That_Guy wrote: »

Either gsp or lesnar returning, couldn't care about gsp coming back tho. I'd say lesnar wouldn't have much chance but the state of HW division at the moment, i can see him making the hw div interesting (ie popular) again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Conor has said he will wear a dress for 3 months then have a go at Rousey for the Female Bantamweight belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    Conor has said he will wear a dress for 3 months then have a go at Rousey for the Female Bantamweight belt

I think he'd look great as the new female champ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

alot of UFC special turn out to nothing really, my guess a UFC network or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

GSP vrs Gina Carano with Brock as special guest referee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Have a feeling its the new UFC uniforms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Its either TUF Coaches or Brock i recon, but i dont think his WWE contract is close to being up yet. Itd say its until wrestlemania atleast. GSP is back in the gym and all according to MMA Fighting so it could even be that, hes on Chaels podcast today so that should be good which will be up here ina few hours if anyones interested - http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen . First one with Helwani is good if you havnt heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

With that much hype, I bet it's something like the next Mighty Mouse fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Very Surprised the co-main in the next event in Brazil on 8 Nov isn't McCall V Lineker as thats surely a #1 contender fight, instead its 2 lads coming off losses and OVP's last fight was one of the worst main events all year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

...and Charlie Brenneman is fighting. How was he not cut?

Very Surprised the co-main in the next event in Brazil on 8 Nov isn't McCall V Lineker as thats surely a #1 contender fight, instead its 2 lads coming off losses and OVP's last fight was one of the worst main events all year!

Yeah Unclecreepy went mad about it on the MMA hour, ridiculous really.

He was cut he got brought back which was more than likely for a few fights deal (lost 2 since coming back)
    ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah Unclecreepy went mad about it on the MMA hour, ridiculous really.

Thanks Listening to it now

Woah Myles Jury Vs Donald Cerrone just announced on the Conor/Siver card in Boston!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Can't believe he's still in the UF

As much as I like the guy. Also can't believe he was in the same cage as rumble ffs. Rumble is a GOOD size Light Heavy.

Looks like Uncle Creepy will get to be co main now against Lineker more than likely as again this year main event hit with injury Manuwa out. Shogun now fighting OVP instead.

Spider and Shogun coaching Brazil TUF 4. How the hell is Silva spose to use up the fights in his contact if he will be filming tuf and then waiting for the for the finale.

Edit - turns out they won't even fight at the end...

Looks like Uncle Creepy will get to be co main now against Lineker more than likely as again this year main event hit with injury Manuwa out. Shogun now fighting OVP instead.

I heard Uncle Creepy took out Manuwa with a baseball bat to the kneecap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Parke fighting Masvidal in Boston.

Tough one for Parke I think, but he certainly has ways to win. They haven't held out on giving him big opponents like Sanchez and now Masvidal. lI hope he can pull it off, it'd leave him in a very strong position.

Benderson v Alvarez just announced also, sick card would love to get over for it! Cards shaping up nicely if all bouts come together this is likely the main card.

McGregor v Siver
    Cerrone v Jury
    Benderson v Alvarez
    Parke v Masvidal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Cerrone vs Jury was taken off it and moved to UFC 182.

Another one on the Boston card is Costa Philippou vs Uriah Hall. Seriously good fight I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Shaping up to be a better card then UFC 182 itself. Defiantly would be if Cerrone Alvarez was on it.

Any word on when Dillashaw Cruz will be?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Spider and Shogun coaching Brazil TUF 4. How the hell is Silva spose to use up the fights in his contact if he will be filming tuf and then waiting for the for the finale.

Edit - turns out they won't even fight at the end...

In two minds about this. Prime Shogun v Prime Anderson is my all time dream match up. Shogun is well out of his prime now and Anderson has a huge question mark over him following the last two loses and the leg break.

In around 05/06 though would have been incredible. Striker's delight as I would have called it.

Well GSP has more or less alluded to why hes such a good athlete on Chaels podcast this week... He was abducted by aliens :pac:

http://www.podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

ASOT wrote: »
    Well GSP has more or less alluded to why hes such a good athlete on Chaels podcast this week... He was abducted by aliens :pac:

http://www.podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

He spoke about this on the JR podcast too. Said when he's travelling long distance in the car it'll feel like he's there in 2 hours instead of 12 and he thinks he's losing time by his consciousness drifting away. Pretty dangerous if he's actually serious, could be head trauma related tbh.

He spoke about this on the JR podcast too. Said when he's travelling long distance in the car it'll feel like he's there in 2 hours instead of 12 and he thinks he's losing time by his consciousness drifting away. Pretty dangerous if he's actually serious, could be head trauma related tbh.

That was the first thing that came into my head, if hes losing all this time it sounds very serious and not alien related.

What fight is at 0:42

dave1982 wrote: »
    What fight is at 0:42

Not sure who he's fighting but that's Shinya Aoki. I'd recognise those pants anywhere ha.
    EDIT: It's Aoki vs Mizuto Hirota.

that was dirty

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    that was dirty

Hirota and many other Japanese fighters find it dishonourable to tap out so Aoki broke it to force the stoppage. (don't ask why :confused:) But yeah what Aoki did afterwards was disgusting as he went up to him and flipped the bird in his face. Being humble in victory is lost on him as it seems. Would have liked to see Aoki in the UFC but he's not getting any younger.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hirota and many other Japanese fighters find it dishonourable to tap out so Aoki broke it to force the stoppage. (don't ask why :confused:) But yeah what Aoki did afterwards was disgusting as he went up to him and flipped the bird in his face. Being humble in victory is lost on him as it seems. Would have liked to see Aoki in the UFC but he's not getting any younger.
    Melendez destroyed him a few years back I remember and since then he has made no effort to move beyond being a big fish in the small japanese/asian pond.

Aoki is one if the best grapplers in MMA.
    Never been submitted, except for the time he fought Fedor. :eek:

I love watching Aoki fight, he'd be an interesting addition to the UFC imo. He's apparently on a 6 fight win streak according to wiki so we'll see how that plays out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I love watching Aoki fight, he'd be an interesting addition to the UFC imo. He's apparently on a 6 fight win streak according to wiki so we'll see how that plays out.
    I'd be very surprised if we do, I'd say he is making far more money in One FC than the UFC would be willing to pay him and he has often said in interviews about how important that is to him

Honda Housey, Dustin Poirier and Rory McDonald on the mma hour tomorrow, could be an interesting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭crybaby

Rory McDonalds comes across as a mixture of a simpleton and a psychopath actually reminds me of a guy I work with who is a fighter as well, softly spoken and comes across like he is lacking a soul.

i think i'll have to cheer him on in his next fight

crybaby wrote: »
    Rory McDonalds comes across as a mixture of a simpleton and a psychopath actually reminds me of a guy I work with who is a fighter as well, softly spoken and comes across like he is lacking a soul.

Rory i think looks like the most relaxed fighter in the UFC, even more than Gunni. So calm and collected its ridiculous. Great fighter and will without a doubt be world champion at some stage! Cool the way he said he would come all the way to Ireland to train with Conor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

crybaby wrote: »

There's something very out of place with him anyway. Maybe he's just a quiet guy, not that comfortable in front of the camera's but there's something a bit creepy about him. Some very awkward moments in yesterdays interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Apparently the UFC are going to announce the entire event list for 2015 on November 17th. It's not the big announcement planned for that day, but it will be announced in the same day.

An interesting move. I'm guessing some of the fight nights will allow some wiggle room if any issues arise. It will be good to see if Dublin gets a fight night or a numbered event.

Edit: A link for anyone interested:

http://on.ufc.com/1x9wDvU

Apparently the UFC are going to announce the entire event list for 2015 on November 17th. It's not the big announcement planned for that day, but it will be announced in the same day.

An interesting move. I'm guessing some of the fight nights will allow some wiggle room if any issues arise. It will be good to see if Dublin gets a fight night or a numbered event.

Edit: A link for anyone interested:

http://on.ufc.com/1x9wDvU

Hmm, not sure how I feel about that, its good in that I can book my flights home sooner knowing what a dublin event will be.
    But it means they are less likely to book a stadium event in Dublin with McGregor fighting Siver.

Best case scenerio will be something like "UFC 189 - Dublin" Location TBD

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Nice interview with Chris Fields talking about the TUF house and training during the show.

https://soundcloud.com/setantammashow/ep62-fields-mulpeter-forsyth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Civil Case against Anthony Johnson is dismissed- Cleared to Resume Competition

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/11/6/7170635/anthony-johnson-cleared-for-ufc-return-after-dismissal-of-civil-case

Civil Case against Anthony Johnson is dismissed- Cleared to Resume Competition

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/11/6/7170635/anthony-johnson-cleared-for-ufc-return-after-dismissal-of-civil-case

Absolutely delighted, love Rumble, he has a great chance of going for the belt at 205, has looked insane at this weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

his fight against Phil Davis was wonderful, so one sided. usually fights like that are boring but it was exciting to watch him dominate. Rogan during commentary mentioned a few times how Johnson changed his life around, so hopefully now he can grow even more as a person and a fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

There's something very out of place with him anyway. Maybe he's just a quiet guy, not that comfortable in front of the camera's but there's something a bit creepy about him. Some very awkward moments in yesterdays interview.
    havent seen the interview but Ive always thought he was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

How the hell did he ever fight at WW? Even weirder to think that he started his career there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Mellor wrote: »

I managed about 2 minutes of this. WTF???

Baffles the mind how Charlie Brennamen ever fought Rumble.... He gives LHW's nightmares. Never mind someone at Welterweight.

It's like me weighing in tomorrow (11 stone) and fighting a middleweight ++

weemcd wrote: »
    Baffles the mind how Charlie Brennamen ever fought Rumble.... He gives LHW's nightmares. Never mind someone at Welterweight.

It's like me weighing in tomorrow (11 stone) and fighting a middleweight ++

Madness isnt it, for a guy that big and powerful who was AAs last loss at heavyweight could have fought at Welter. Hes a hero, i hope he gets a shot at the belt, as much as i love Gus this is a different type of fight to Jones and i could see Rumble taking it. He is a nasty athlete, has looked like champ material, especially dominating Davis making him look so average.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement