Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

what i cant stand is my family always proding and poking for info if im with someone and when i say im single they just look down on me in pity!
    its like they are thinking "oh poor little single girl....will grow into a cat lady"
    Annoying relatives will always be annoying and nosy, unfortunately - we all have them! Trust me, if you had a boyfriend you'd be getting "When will you be giving us all a day out?", if you were married you'd be getting "When will we hear the patter of tiny feet?" and if you had a baby you'd be getting "When will you be giving him/her a little brother/sister to play with?"

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Acoshla wrote: »
    but the fact that my peers are now getting married and planning them is a shock to the system.
    This... this is scary. :eek: Particularly when it's the ones who were always the life and soul of the party in college that are married and having planned babies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

This... this is scary. :eek: Particularly when it's the ones who were always the life and soul of the party in college that are married and having planned babies...

Yep. One friend's weekends used to be a bottle of vodka and a few lines of coke (and that was a sedate weekend for her), now it's going to feed the ducks with the baby, must be a shock to their system never mind mine! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Feeling a little sad about sitting alone on the couch, except for the cat cuddled in beside me. I'm missing male company, think I've been single for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Fishie wrote: »
    Annoying relatives will always be annoying and nosy, unfortunately - we all have them! Trust me, if you had a boyfriend you'd be getting "When will you be giving us all a day out?", if you were married you'd be getting "When will we hear the patter of tiny feet?" and if you had a baby you'd be getting "When will you be giving him/her a little brother/sister to play with?"

When at funerals, you need to start telling them that they'll be next;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pembily wrote: »
    You're 20??? Tell them they can start hassling you in a decade!! I'm 28, single and no kids and I love, love, love the FREEEEEEEDOM :D

hahaha i know im only a baba!! but you are dead right Pembily! I dont need a boyfriend to define myself! im not saying i dont want one it would be nice to have one as long as they were not really really clingy!
    A few girls I went to school with have 10/11year old children (I'm just gone 27), two have 4 kids, one had 4 by the time she was 23, so I got used to people having kids pretty young as it happened all the time, BUT, the big difference is the babies around me are now being PLANNED! :D:pac: I'm deadly serious about that, people had babies by accident all the time when I was in school, but the fact that my peers are now getting married and planning them is a shock to the system.

jesus bit young to start planning them?? i would have thought they wouldnt start until at least early 30s!! :eek: in fairness my cousin is 28 i think? she is 7 years older than me and its kinda scary that she is getting married!
    although there is a girl at home who is 22 this year her little sister has a baby and now she is engaged and wants to have a baby....she is actually trying for one! its crazy....enjoy your 20s ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yes actually!! im only 20 but i know 4 girls my age having babies!!
    and my little cousin on my mams side already has one and is living with the boyfriend she just turned 18!!

what i cant stand is my family always proding and poking for info if im with someone and when i say im single they just look down on me in pity!
    its like they are thinking "oh poor little single girl....will grow into a cat lady"

how insulting?!! it brings up self esteem issues that i thought i got rid of!
    its just ridiculous...it my own life not theirs if im single then im single who gives a fcuk!!!

just tell them that you've yet to meet a guy who can keep up with your voracious sexual appetite, that'll shut em up, it'll be worth it just to see the looks on their faces.

jesus bit young to start planning them?? i would have thought they wouldnt start until at least early 30s!! :eek: in fairness my cousin is 28 i think? she is 7 years older than me and its kinda scary that she is getting married!
    although there is a girl at home who is 22 this year her little sister has a baby and now she is engaged and wants to have a baby....she is actually trying for one! its crazy....enjoy your 20s ffs!

In an ideal world people should start having them in their mid to late 20's, leaving it til early 30's is cutting it fine if you want a few of them, for the woman anyway. It's fine for people in their early 20's to plan babies...as long as they're not my friends and make me feel old :p

Fishie wrote: »

God ya'd swear the only thing you should do in life is to settle own at as early age as possible! its like as soon as someone in your family close to your age gets partner then the focus turns to you until you find someone before the next unsuspecting singleton is targeted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

krudler wrote: »
    just tell them that you've yet to meet a guy who can keep up with your voracious sexual appetite, that'll shut em up, it'll be worth it just to see the looks on their faces.

or say maybe it's not a guy I'd like to meet! I have to admit I did say that in a jokey way but the questions stopped for a very long time!

• Advertisement

Or that you prefer anal....

....or that you're trying hard but the sperm never seems to make it past your tonsils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Woo-hoo, looks like I'll be heading to London for a few days in June with a group of my college friends for my friend's 21st. :D I've never been before and it's somewhere I've always wanted to visit so this will be amazing. In fact, I've been thinking more and more about maybe living there in the future when I'm finished college and stuff, it'll be interesting to see what it's like. It'll make researching law firms there even more exciting, even if not any more realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Me and the OH are actually arguing because he thinks that eating biscuits/sweets is better than eating fruit because you can read on the pack exactly how much sugar is in it and with fruit you never know..... close to banging my head off the wall.

God ya'd swear the only thing you should do in life is to settle own at as early age as possible! its like as soon as someone in your family close to your age gets partner then the focus turns to you until you find someone before the next unsuspecting singleton is targeted!

Last week at my boyfriend's nieces christening we got lots of comments about our wedding, just people looking forward to it etc. But one relative said "We'll have another christening soon enough from ye!", I just laughed hysterically and said "Jaysus it's 2 years til the wedding, wait for that at least before ye harass us for a christening!". People are funny, but to be honest I find a lot of it comes from people just wanting you to be happy and them to share your happiness, some of them can be a bit premature or misplaced in this idea but mostly it comes from a good place.

Edit: Say what I say "Oh we can't have kids, because we hate them".

bahahahahahahahahahaha!!! EPIC!!! defo using that!
    In an ideal world people should start having them in their mid to late 20's, leaving it til early 30's is cutting it fine if you want a few of them, for the woman anyway. It's fine for people in their early 20's to plan babies...as long as they're not my friends and make me feel old :p

well thats new info for me!! suppose i never really though of it coz i genuinely do not want kids! but if i get preggers its not the total end of the world! ill either keep it or there is adoption! i dunno i just the freedom!

Last week at my boyfriend's nieces christening we got lots of comments about our wedding, just people looking forward to it etc. But one relative said "We'll have another christening soon enough from ye!", I just laughed hysterically and said "Jaysus it's 2 years til the wedding, wait for that at least before ye harass us for a christening!". People are funny, but to be honest I find a lot of it comes from people just wanting you to be happy and them to share your happiness, some of them can be a bit premature or misplaced in this idea but mostly it comes from a good place.

Edit: Say what I say "Oh we can't have kids, because we hate them".

fair point actually! im sure they mean it in a nice way but the way they go about it is just ridiculous!! :p

Lads I actually can't tolerate wedding forums. They are so vapid and annoying, you can't have an opinion other than what the majority want to hear, and they get so focused on one day of their lives. None of them seem to realise they are all planning the exact same cookie cutter weddings, plus or minus a few acres of satin (must have ALL the satin in the world in your dress, or else it's not wedding-y!)

I fear for humanity reading some online stuff, not just wedding related, I honestly do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Or that you prefer anal....

....or that you're trying hard but the sperm never seems to make it past your tonsils.

I tried to keep it classy, I doft my cap to you

I had a look at that weddings online site after we got engaged....yeah...I didn't go back :pac:

I would like our wedding to be about us, not satin taverymuch. I couldn't give a flying swear word what the Jones' think:D

I tried to keep it classy, I doft my cap to you

I r lady....honestly....:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I had a look at that weddings online site after we got engaged....yeah...I didn't go back :pac:

I would like our wedding to be about us, not satin taverymuch. I couldn't give a flying swear word what the Jones' think:D

But Lucyfur, it's not a real wedding if you don't have a satin meringue with ruching up it, your hair in an upstyle and 5 bridesmaids in the same lilac/soft pink/purple satin dress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i finally watched game of thrones and i approve

and everyone was cast perfectly

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

That's not totally fair...
    Both my mum and her sister had their first child at 36. My mum ended up with 3 (the last at 42) and my aunt with 4 (but unfortunately the first baby died) at around the same age. And I know plenty of other similar stories.

30s is no longer considered to be old when planning children

That's not totally fair...
    Both my mum and her sister had their first child at 36. My mum ended up with 3 (the last at 42) and my aunt with 4 (but unfortunately the first baby died) at around the same age. And I know plenty of other similar stories.

30s is no longer considered to be old when planning children

Biology wise I'm just saying that's the age most people should be starting at if they want a few, obviously there's always exceptions, I know women myself who had their first kids at 42 and 44, not everyone would be that lucky.

My aunt was 38 having her 5th child recently and was referred to by the staff as a geriatric mother, in baby making terms that is the older end of the scale.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Biology wise I'm just saying that's the age most people should be starting at if they want a few, obviously there's always exceptions, I know women myself who had their first kids at 42 and 44, not everyone would be that lucky.

My aunt was 38 having her 5th child recently and was referred to by the staff as a geriatric mother, in baby making terms that is the older end of the scale.

I don't know, times have changed, biology wise as well thanks to improvements in medicine. "Older" women aren't at such a great risk as they used to be, and as such women are waiting longer and longer before they start to have children.

But Lucyfur, it's not a real wedding if you don't have a satin meringue with ruching up it, your hair in an upstyle and 5 bridesmaids in the same lilac/soft pink/purple satin dress.

Well we're gonna have a really amazing pretend wedding if that's the case!! Lilac /soft pink make me want to vomit. A meringue is bad enough but a satin one??? UUGGGGHHHHHHH. And FIVE bridesmaids??? haa I'm having one:D

Apparently I will have to have an upstyle cos it'll be too hot to have my hair down....so maybe I could fit in with the bridezillas on that score? I'd probably cancel out that brownie point by needing a dress to go with my gigantic tattoos:D:D:D

Well we're gonna have a really amazing pretend wedding if that's the case!! Lilac /soft pink make me want to vomit. A meringue is bad enough but a satin one??? UUGGGGHHHHHHH. And FIVE bridesmaids??? haa I'm having one:D

Apparently I will have to have an upstyle cos it'll be too hot to have my hair down....so maybe I could fit in with the bridezillas on that score? I'd probably cancel out that brownie point by needing a dress to go with my gigantic tattoos:D:D:D

Yeah hair down in heat is pretty awful, an updo could be a good idea for you. I'm having two bridesmaids, in different colours, gasp!! Soft pink is my idea of hell.

I haven't picked the bridesmaid colour yet. I don't really know what to go for. I want something light and summery that she'll be comfy in.

Oh, and I'm wearing flip flops :D:D:D Pretty, summery ones, but flip flops none the less:D:D:D:D

I haven't picked the bridesmaid colour yet. I don't really know what to go for. I want something light and summery that she'll be comfy in.

Oh, and I'm wearing flip flops :D:D:D Pretty, summery ones, but flip flops none the less:D:D:D:D

What kinda colouring has she got? Have you seen weddinggawker.com, not sure if I've mentioned that website here already...

• Advertisement

She's stunning, seriously stunning, I know she'll look amazing in a bag. She naturally blonde/brown but she goes red at times...amazing figure and just the nicest person ever. I'm not in the slightest bit worried about finding something for her.

Haven't looked at that site, must have a nose...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement