Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote: »
    only dissapointed in cody vs kota seems a waste of kota for me as cody is just not that good however over he somehow is

I was thinking maybe Suzuki but he only just lost the IC match so it's not good to move him to that. Maybe ZSJ or Evil?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Even add him to jay white/tanashi if there trying to get white over

This is all probaly down to my dislike of cody as a wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even add him to jay white/tanashi if there trying to get white over

This is all probaly down to my dislike of cody as a wrestler

There ain't no probably about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Power Struggle was a great show. I loved the last three matches. Omega vs Beretta was wild.

That Wrestlekingdom line-up is a bit mad. I was really hoping for Omega vs Ibushi, but I guess we'll get it at some point next year. Difficult to get excited about Jericho after his last WWE run, but he's in there with Omega so it should be fine. A bit disappointed Ibushi has been stuck with Cody as well. With the talent involved in the Jr 4 way it should be great, though I usually prefer 1 on 1 matches, and was disappointed Ospreay lost the title so quick. I hope Cobb and Elgin win that tag league.

Looking to sign up to NJPW world over the next couple of days and having never watched Japanese wrestling before just wondering if anyone could recommend some must watch matches on the site?

Thanks

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Having just watched Kairi Sane and with Asuka being n Raw, I was just wondering why doesn't NJPW have a women's division. I've only seen a few of the big NJPW events lately and noticed they didn't have any women's matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Having just watched Kairi Sane and with Asuka being n Raw, I was just wondering why doesn't NJPW have a women's division. I've only seen a few of the big NJPW events lately and noticed they didn't have any women's matches.

It's just the mentality they have in Japan. They feel the women have their own stage to wrestle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hi,
    Does anyone use an amazon fire stick on their TV to watch njpw world?

Also, does anyone have buffering issues? I have experienced a few.

• Advertisement

Very good free match. These disappear over time but they usually upload good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That match shouldn't be as good as it is, it's incredible.

https://streamable.com/tc0h9

This match is going to be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/tc0h9

This match is going to be incredible.

That was amazing wasnt expecting jericho before wrestlekingdom

im not expecting the match to be amazing as i dont think jericho can go in the ring anymore but i think this might be a match like rock/hogan where atmosphere and big match feel makes it special

That was amazing wasnt expecting jericho before wrestlekingdom

im not expecting the match to be amazing as i dont think jericho can go in the ring anymore but i think this might be a match like rock/hogan where atmosphere and big match feel makes it special

Even though the whole card for the show hasn't been announced yet, it'll be worth getting up early the morning of Friday January 5th.

Which reminds me, got to re-sub to New Japan World this weekend.

Nice surprise at the Tag League today!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Even though the whole card for the show hasn't been announced yet, it'll be worth getting up early the morning of Friday January 5th.

Which reminds me, got to re-sub to New Japan World this weekend.

The morning of Thursday January 4th lad. That angle this morning was brilliant, gives the match a great story to work with now.
    Okada vs Naito has also gotten the added story of Naito having to come up with a counter for Okada’s new submission.
    Also this morning Goto said he’d put his hair on the line for a shot at the NEVER title. I hope they don’t add any more teams to the tag title match, but I’ll believe it only when the bell rings.
    Hard to see the show matching the last four matches from last year’s Dome show, but there’s lots of great storylines and a very fresh feel to the card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Imagining a bald Goto is a weird image to me.

I don't think the show will be as good as previous years, but I am still expecting an extremely good show.

Wrestle Kingdom 12 Press conference.

Jericho has gone from the Gordon Ramsay hair to the Kevin Bacon look

5b85857540d360c4453d9f167f66e4d7--actor-kevin-bacon-the-movie.jpg

• Advertisement

Okada vs Naito is going to be incredible.

The card so far is as follows:
    • Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Heavyweight championship
    • Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho for the IWGP United States championship
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White for the IWGP Intercontinental title
    • Marty Scurll vs. Hiromu Takahashi vs. KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title
    • Roppongi 3K vs. The Young Bucks for the IWGP Junior tag team titles
    • Cody vs. Kota Ibushi for the Ring of Honor World title
    • Minoru Suzuki vs. Hirooki Goto in a title vs. hair match for the NEVER Openweight championship
    • Killer Elite Squad vs. WTL 17 Winners
      EVIL and SANADA
      for the IWGP Tag Team championship

They stressed during the press conference that the top two bouts count as a double main event.

Interestingly Jericho let it slip when talking about Wrestlemania, that it was going to be a double main event too.

You don't think...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Interestingly Jericho let it slip when talking about Wrestlemania, that it was going to be a double main event too.

You don't think...?

Go on.... I don't know what you're getting at

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Go on.... I don't know what you're getting at

Are they suggesting Kenny v Jericho in a rematch in Wrestlemania? I would be shocked tbh.

You don't think...?

Vince would be mad enough to put the Universal & WWE Championships on Roman :pac::pac:

Exactly what I was thinking. Kenny's contract is up in January. It could be the sweet deal to make him go. Just what I was thinking is all. Anything is possible when it comes to Jericho now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Exactly what I was thinking. Kenny's contract is up in January. It could be the sweet deal to make him go. Just what I was thinking is all. Anything is possible when it comes to Jericho now.

I just couldn't see Vince, from all I've ever heard about him, giving a co-main spot on his biggest stage to a guy who is only in the door 5 minutes!

I'm hoping Kenny stays where he is.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I just couldn't see Vince, from all I've ever heard about him, giving a co-main spot on his biggest stage to a guy who is only in the door 5 minutes!

They need something big. This years Mania is nearly skippable so far with what's rumoured.

Advertisement