Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

15678911»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Was at Paintball today in Bray.

I've bruises all over :P

Think that was the last TY activity for me, I'm finished next Tuesday I think and I don't have school on Fridays meaning just 4 days left!

Done now!

Had a graduation and all! Was a great year and I'm definitely gonna miss it.

Now to go on the Summer Job hunt! :P

Anyone else finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

I had my graduation yesterday too, weird to think we're going into 5th year!

But it's still a while away yet for me, I'm not back to school until the middle of September :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Had my graduation today as well! Got a trophy for Pupil of the Year :rolleyes:

Looking forward for 5th year! People keep saying I'm gonna be lazy at the start of 5th year, but I feel more motivated than ever to do work and do well! Anyone else on the same boat? :D Can't wait to move onto the Leaving Cert forum but wouldn't say I'll be checking boards.ie as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DaniellaG726

Hi everyone :) My name is Daniella (probably evident from the username) and since all of you have done TY I was wondering if you would be able to help me find inspiration for work experience :D Where did you all go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Hi everyone :) My name is Daniella (probably evident from the username) and since all of you have done TY I was wondering if you would be able to help me find inspiration for work experience :D Where did you all go?

When is your work experience on? You could do some TY programmes hosted by a few colleges that give insight in stuff like science/engineering jobs and so on.

I did two weeks at a charity, a week at a App Development Company and a week at a bakery :p try get a taste of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DaniellaG726

When is your work experience on? You could do some TY programmes hosted by a few colleges that give insight in stuff like science/engineering jobs and so on.

I did two weeks at a charity, a week at a App Development Company and a week at a bakery :p try get a taste of everything.
    Work experience is every Wednesday from August till December then there will be a block just before Christmas exams. Thanks for your help :D

Work experience is every Wednesday from August till December then there will be a block just before Christmas exams. Thanks for your help :D

My work experience was every Friday from Sept to Dec then every Friday from Jan until May.

I was at a restaurant/family entertainment centre and a wood yard!

Get as much exposure to the working environment as you can.

The more the merrier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Mine was two weeks in October and two weeks in April/March. I worked in a chemist, spent two days with a solicitor and three with a barrister, I worked in a cafe and did a week in a radio station. Try and pick whatever you think you'd be interested in doing when you leave school :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement