Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Bet of the tournament is Ireland to win the triple crown. Got it at 4/1 yesterday in mulhollands (betpack) and now 7/2. Wales struggling with injuries and I expect us to beat England. Their new captain got owned by muldoon twice and mul is now our 8th choice backrower!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

France to win the championship at 6/4 isn't great value, but I think 4/1 for the Grand Slam is a good price. They have their bogey team England at home this year, they won't fear Ireland in Paris or Scotland at Murrayfield.

I agree with d_gal too that Ireland for the TC is a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

robbie1977 wrote: »
    16/1 no tryscorer in the Scotland v England game might be worth a few quid.

The last 3 fixtures between the two in the 6 nations when Scotland have been at home have all had no tries.
    I think I flagged it up 2 years ago :D.

Worth keeping an eye on the weather early forcast has rain on saturday.

PP are the only bookies with odds up so when others price up the tryscorer market bigger odds might be available.

Im also looking at Italy +20 and Wales +5.

Bloody PP have cut the odds into 12/1 :rolleyes:.
    They are still the only ones to price up the market so far.
    I should of took the 16/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

France to win the championship at 6/4 isn't great value, but I think 4/1 for the Grand Slam is a good price. They have their bogey team England at home this year, they won't fear Ireland in Paris or Scotland at Murrayfield.

I agree with d_gal too that Ireland for the TC is a good bet.

yep the TC and either lein/mun to win HC is a great bet I think and very doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Anxious's bet of the decade is England -2 half time and England -3 fulltime both 10/11 with paddypower. Lump on.

• Advertisement

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Anxious's bet of the decade is England -2 half time and England -3 fulltime both 10/11 with paddypower. Lump on.

I'd say your a bit anxious about your bet now after the team was announced.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

ANXIOUS wrote: »

Did you say 'lump on' thats all the reasoning I need to follow you in blindly !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

With the rugby forum going into overdrive over his selection, Earls 1st try scorer 16/1, 12/1 for 1st for their team or 7/2 any time is worth a cheeky punt..

yep earls and sob are good odds for first try scorer

France by 1-7 at HT at 13/5 with PP.

noice

Also, PP refunding tryscorer bets if the last score in the game is a penalty.

Going to take a look at the England Scotland game for some free interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Did you say 'lump on' thats all the reasoning I need to follow you in blindly !

Thank you for the blind faith, keep lumping on. Scratch half time and -2 fulltime at evens.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Am I the only eejit that went for France -20?

beertons wrote: »
    Am I the only eejit that went for France -20?

-20 isn't looking unlikely now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

France more than 28.5 points in total - squeeky bottom time. :D

Monkey off my back as well as France's. Phew!

16/1 no tryscorer in the Scotland v England game might be worth a few quid.

The last 3 fixtures between the two in the 6 nations when Scotland have been at home have all had no tries.
    I think I flagged it up 2 years ago :D.

Worth keeping an eye on the weather early forcast has rain on saturday.

PP are the only bookies with odds up so when others price up the tryscorer market bigger odds might be available.

Im also looking at Italy +20 and Wales +5.

Brain fart from Parks ruins a brilliant bet jasyus:mad:

duckysauce wrote: »
    Brain fart from Parks ruins a brilliant bet jasyus:mad:

Yea Im bloody sick :(:mad: .
    I checked betting in running at half time and it was 2/1 for no 2nd half try
    and I taught that was about right after the first half.

When your lucks out its out.

I dont bet on no tryscorer much but my last 5 bets on it as far as I remember where.

1.Today was one of them had it at 14/1.

2.Argentina v Scotland in the 2011 world cup. got 14/1 the conditions where bad and 1 lateish try in the game when Argentina had a penalty advantage ruined the bet.

3.Ulster v Munster in 2010 had 30 quid at 18/1 when Pieneer missed a easy enough penalty to draw the game late on he then threw an intercepted pass in the last minute or two for the only try of the game.:mad:

4.In 2009 I got 18/1 I think from a local independent for no try in this game between Edinburgh and the Dragons,a friend told me it had been raining bad all day and conditions were very bad
    and looked all set for no try till a late try in the last 15 minutes.
    http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/4262.php

5. The only winner in 2010 in the Edinburgh v England game 6 nations at 16/1.

I suppose one 16/1 winner out of 5 is good but it does'nt feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Andrew Trimble - Man of the match @ 33/1

Worth a quid or two at that price based on current form and his performances for Ireland previously. He'll probably be out to show he's there on merit and not because Earls was chosen elsewhere.

Poor weekend in every respect but a disloyalty bet on Wales took the sting out of my splurge on Ireland. At least there's the Heineken Cup to look forward to. :D

PP%2BFeb.JPG

• Advertisement

yep disaster of a weekend between Park's dopey kick and Ireland not doing the basics aggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

duckysauce wrote: »
    yep disaster of a weekend between Park's dopey kick and Ireland not doing the basics aggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

Same for me.

Me too - had Irl ht/ft at 11/10 & Scotland in the hcap

Had a quick look at next week
    England -8 - seems a great bet - I know Italy will be strong at home but England should cover 8 pts
    France -9 - if france get in the mood could win handy against Ireland
    Scotland +12 - a big handicap - Wales not quite as good as they are made out to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Plus 10 wrote: »

England -8 - seems a great bet - I know Italy will be strong at home but England should cover 8 pts
    Scotland +12 - a big handicap - Wales not quite as good as they are made out to be

Italy 3/1 catching my eye. If England send over a team anything close to what they put out against the Scots they could get done.

France -9 at the moment looks like a decent bet. Cant see Ireland being upto much.

Scotland +12 sounds ok but its Scotland, you never know how abysmal they will be on the day. Wouldnt touch em personally.

Plus 10 wrote: »

I could'nt back either England and more so Scotland after that match yesterday they were both awlful.
    I agree with France -9 looking good.

Italy 3/1 to beat England next weekend, with their handicap at +8.

I really think they are great bets, England were poor against an even poorer opposition in Scotland. Italy showed good signs against a very good France side. I was really impressed with their pack in the first 40, lots of good phase play and particularly mauling.

Added to that, the game is being played at the Stadio Olimpico which will be a big occasion. Italy came pretty close to beating the All Blacks (albeit not at full strength) when they played in front of a packed house at the San Siro a few years ago.

Italy will see this as their best chance of beating England for the first time. They may not win but it will be very close.

Italy are +9 with Bet365 I just done them with France -9 in a double.

Italy are +9 with Bet365 I just sone them with France -9 in a double.

:confused:

In a double? Doesn't that mean you're guaranteed to lose no matter the result? I assume you've made a mistake in that post.

In a double? Doesn't that mean you're guaranteed to lose no matter the result? I assume you've made a mistake in that post.

Its two different matches.

Italy +9- England
    France -9 - Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Why would he be guaranteed to lose? If France win by 10+ and Italy don't lose by 9+ both parts of the double win?

Advertisement