Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hubba_bubba

CoDy1 wrote: »
    ;)

Where are these odds on PP , cant find them??.....probly a stupid question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

1/2 on bet 365
    oddschecker.com for best odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Where are these odds on PP , cant find them??.....probly a stupid question?

On the rugby match coupon, there is a green tab showing an amount of other bets you can choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hubba_bubba

CoDy1 wrote: »
    On the rugby match coupon, there is a green tab showing an amount of other bets you can choose from.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Starting my weekend off with Connaught +9 and Toulouse -5 double. Sneaky few quid on Connaught to score 12.5+ points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

wprathead wrote: »
    Just looking at Toulouse -4 away to Gloucester

Gloucester at home this season:
    Sat 10/09/11 AP Gloucester Rugby 29 - 8 Worcester Warriors (21 win)
    Sat 24/09/11 AP Gloucester Rugby 23 - 6 Bath Rugby (17 win)
    Sat 01/10/11 AP Gloucester Rugby 33 - 30 London Irish (3 win)
    Sat 29/10/11 AP Gloucester Rugby 17 - 19 Saracens (2 loss)
    Sat 19/11/11 ERC Gloucester Rugby 9 - 28 Harlequins (19 loss)
    Sat 26/11/11 AP Gloucester Rugby 14 - 19 Leicester Tigers (5 loss)

Sat 17/12/11 ERC Gloucester Rugby 23 - 19 Connacht (4 win)
    Mon 26/12/11 AP Gloucester Rugby 39 - 10 London Wasps (29 win)

Lost 2/8 games at home by 4 or more points- Quins and Tigers

Toulouse away this season:
    Fri 26/08/11 T1 Bayonne 18 - 13 Stade Toulousain (5 loss)
    Sun 04/09/11 T1 Lyon OU 9 - 19 Stade Toulousain (10 win)
    Fri 23/09/11 T1 SU Agen 23 - 24 Stade Toulousain (1 win)
    Fri 14/10/11 T1 Castres Olympique 24 - 3 Stade Toulousain (21 loss)
    Sat 19/11/11 ERC Connacht 10 - 36 Stade Toulousain (26 win)
    Sat 26/11/11 T1 Brive 9 - 9 Stade Toulousain (0)
    Fri 09/12/11 ERC Harlequins 10 - 21 Stade Toulousain (11 win)
    Fri 23/12/11 T1 Montpellier 25 - 45 Stade Toulousain (20 win)

Toulouse won -4 on 4/8 away games - against Lyon, Connacht, Quins and Montpellier

6/16 the handicap was bet- 37.5%

gonna pass

your stats are king at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Well done Toulouse. Couldn't be arsed to turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Wiped out tonight in the Connacht game...more than 15.5 points in the 1st half (14), Connacht -12 points and more than -9.5 ...but who cares it was a great game to watch. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Connacht at +9 at 10/11 and to win at 7/2 so happy with that.

I've also gone for
    Ulster +12
    Glasgow +5
    Northampton -5

I also threw 50cent on Afoa to score two tries at 500/1 and 50 cent on Ferris to score two tries at 90/1.

Toulouse at 4/9 is an absolute steal.

Ignore the handicap. That's a 45% almost guaranteed return.

Sometime you don't mind being wrong

• Advertisement

I was going to have a punt on Gloucester but didn't get round to it. Talent rich French teams can almost be guaranteed to choke these days - on paper Toulouse should have run away with it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

wonder what odds Zebo was for a hatrick. All the irish teams beat the handicap and I didn't back any of them no wonder they all did well :D.

duckysauce wrote: »
    wonder what odds Zebo was for a hatrick. All the irish teams beat the handicap and I didn't back any of them no wonder they all did well :D.

Don't talk! At halftime in the Leinster game I looked at Cian Healy for a try (13/2) and said no - went for Leinster to get more than 30 points instead. I had no bets on the Munster game but did indeed look at Earls and Zebo hat tricks but decided against. I hope Zebo realises how much he owes me. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I had no bets on the Munster game but did indeed look at Earls and Zebo hat tricks but decided against.
    What were the odds on zebo hatrick?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What were the odds on zebo hatrick?

I dunno but Eli Walker is 75/1 to get three tries tomorrow for the Ospreys. The Ospreys are +6 which is similar to what Munster were today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Treviso +10 :cool:
    Podge_irl wrote:
    I like the look of Treviso +10. The only time Saracens have won by 10 points or more on the road all season was away to Leicester during the world cup.
    cheers for the heads up

unfortunately Carcassonne losing and Dax drawing ruined a Pro D2 accum (a league which is usually so predictable) so the profit was diluted a bit.

Connacht +9
    Gloucester +5
    both came in but I didn't bet on either in the end (don't think my heart could have taken the added pressure of money on the Connacht game haha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

thinking of two 20 euro doubles.first on leinster to win heino and ireland to win triple crown.returns 270.second on munster to win heino and ireland to win triple crown returns 405.opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

thinking of two 20 euro doubles.first on leinster to win heino and ireland to win triple crown.returns 270.second on munster to win heino and ireland to win triple crown returns 405.opinions?

Both seem like good bets at the moment but with the 1/4 finals three months away and an entire 6 nations to go before hand the form of the 8 remaining teams can change dramatically. I'd nearly stick Ulster in that as well and do the three accums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Edinburgh +7 vs Toulouse??? not going to bet as form for both sides could change, depending on Scotland and France's 6N- but if match was next week I would snap it up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

wprathead wrote: »
    Edinburgh +7 vs Toulouse??? not going to bet as form for both sides could change, depending on Scotland and France's 6N- but if match was next week I would snap it up

Eh thats a strange one. If I was backing Edinburgh I'd probably take them outright. I see them winning if Toulouse are off colour again or getting hammered if Toulouse are playing well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

France are 4/1 for the Grandslam. I think that's pretty decent, but more importantly the game they're most likely to lose is the Welsh game away which is their last up. The odds will have massively shortened by then so you could back Wales at that point to make a guaranteed profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

Podge_irl wrote: »
    France are 4/1 for the Grandslam. I think that's pretty decent, but more importantly the game they're most likely to lose is the Welsh game away which is their last up. The odds will have massively shortened by then so you could back Wales at that point to make a guaranteed profit.

I agree I think they are completely overpriced - I will definetely be throwing a few quid on them at 13/8 or 7/4 to win the championship (they have 3 homes including England and Ireland) - think that is probably a better bet as 4 wins will probably win it for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Juwwi

16/1 no tryscorer in the Scotland v England game might be worth a few quid.

The last 3 fixtures between the two in the 6 nations when Scotland have been at home have all had no tries.
    I think I flagged it up 2 years ago :D.

Worth keeping an eye on the weather early forcast has rain on saturday.

PP are the only bookies with odds up so when others price up the tryscorer market bigger odds might be available.

Im also looking at Italy +20 and Wales +5.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    16/1 no tryscorer in the Scotland v England game might be worth a few quid.

The last 3 fixtures between the two in the 6 nations when Scotland have been at home have all had no tries.
    I think I flagged it up 2 years ago :D

I recall someone pointing it out two years ago and a lot of boardsies making a lot of money. I, like an idiot, didn't get on it! Definitely worth a shot this year if it's raining. England look more likely to score tries then in previous years I think, but it'll be the first one in this fixture at Murrayfield since 2004, which is an absurd stat. The odds were exactly the same two years ago too.

Wouldn't touch the Italy or Welsh handicaps. France, first game up with a new coach, at home against Italy. I imagine it could be close til half time - that's where I would look for value. I wouldn't be surprised to see France blow them away second half though.

Ireland - Wales, I just have no idea how it will go.

I'm having a splurge on Ireland -5 and will be keeping well clear of the other two games. :D

I'm having a splurge on Ireland -5 and will be keeping well clear of the other two games. :D

I have some money on it too. Wales are struggling with injuries at the moment and I think if they win they'll win reasonably well.

The only downside I see to that is that Wales are 4/7 against France in the last game. France are 4/1 for the GS. If you bet €100 at 4/1 you'd have to bet €175 on Wales just to cover you initial €100 bet.Not much margin for guaranteed profit there.

Think you'd be better off taking them on the 13/8 for the Championship. Also you have the possible security of France losing a game before they get to Cardiff but still winning the title on the last weekend.

The only downside I see to that is that Wales are 4/7 against France in the last game. France are 4/1 for the GS. If you bet €100 at 4/1 you'd have to bet €175 on Wales just to cover you initial €100 bet.Not much margin for guaranteed profit there.

Think you'd be better off taking them on the 13/8 for the Championship. Also you have the possible security of France losing a game before they get to Cardiff but still winning the title on the last weekend.

I've never bet €100 on anything in my life!

If France go 4 games unbeaten I think the odds on them beating Wales will shorten. I think expectations on Wales tend to be too strong at the start of a tournament.

I've never bet €100 on anything in my life!

If France go 4 games unbeaten I think the odds on them beating Wales will shorten. I think expectations on Wales tend to be too strong at the start of a tournament.

True enough, but I'm always afraid of how France get on against the English. They have a real mental block there and their GS hopes could be over by the time they get to Cardiff.

I'll be taking the 13/8 but thats just a personal choice

• Advertisement

Honestly, I think I might put a sneaky bit on France just for the championship as well. I too worry about their form against England. But they've won a GS 3 out of the last 5 even years. Their schedule really suits them.

Advertisement