Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

D.I.T Newbies - 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

:eek: I didn't think anyone could hate DIT :P

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Just saw my timetable for semester 2.

5/6 hour break on Thursday. Well done DIT :rolleyes: I hate this college

Timetable is SH*T this semester! :( - especially for those of us who have to commute a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I thought mine wasn't too bad, then they changed it so I have to come in one or two days just for one lecture... what is even the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

how do we check newer timetables?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

how do we check newer timetables?

Enter week 23-37 on webtimetables.dit.ie

• Advertisement

is there a golf soc lads? the societies web page wont let me see the list.....

Student timetables down for anyone else? It's been down for me since Sunday :/

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hojphotography

Just wondering would there be many really reeaalllyy old people (40's) there as students in DIT. Half thinking about the VisComm course there, especially with the Back to Education allowance.
    Thanks

im not THAT old :)
    but i am a mature student also on the btea. great scheme, they have you jump through some hoops for it but without it i wouldnt be in college!

Just wondering would there be many really reeaalllyy old people (40's) there as students in DIT. Half thinking about the VisComm course there, especially with the Back to Education allowance.
    Thanks

There's a guy and a girl in my class both in their 40's or there abouts. They get on great with all of us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 RoseanneB

Thanks
    Two mature students in my course in their 40s :) we all get on grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hojphotography

Ok, interesting, so I wouldnt be the only one with a zimmer frame :D. Unfortunately I found out about the scheme to late for the Feb 1st CAO deadline, and especially with that particular course VisComm DT545 it has a restricted entry so NO late applications. Typical:rolleyes:

Is that a good practical course or is it a lot of arty stuff. Ive done a Fas Fetac Level 5 in Graphic Design before so it would be interesting to know how they would compare and here from those that have done or are on the course.
    Thanks,
    J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Thanks

Jaysis if 40's is reaaaaallllllyyy old then we're all buggered! :P My roommate is doing viscomm, he always seems to be working on arty stuff but I wouldn't know the ins and outs of the course at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Could someone give me a little help please?

I got a result from one of my CA's the other day and I know it is far higher than I deserve. I have the exam for that subject tomorrow. Is it possible that my CA grade could be lowered after I have taken the exam? Just wondering as it could be annoying going in thinking I need a lower grade than I actually do!

Could someone give me a little help please?

I got a result from one of my CA's the other day and I know it is far higher than I deserve. I have the exam for that subject tomorrow. Is it possible that my CA grade could be lowered after I have taken the exam? Just wondering as it could be annoying going in thinking I need a lower grade than I actually do!

Don't think they can change grades once you've gotten them unless you appeal them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Don't think they can change grades once you've gotten them unless you appeal them.
    I don't think that is the case at all. Afaik all grades including CA are provisional until seen by the external examiners.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Got accepted into DT080 a couple of weeks ago...I've been kinda worried that I was gonna be the old chap (I'm 23) surrounded by 17/18 just finished their Leaving Cert :D Pretty happy after reading this thread...it seems there's a nice mix of age groups :)

Looking forward to getting started in there now :D

P.S I think this was earlier in the thread but i didn't see an answer...Does anyone know what are the Boxing and Judo clubs like?? Wouldn't starting back training while I was out there. :)

Im also looking to see what people think of this course, i will be startin this sept

Are the modules though ?

Is there any mathsey modules ? ( main concern )

Whats DIT kevin st campus like for socials and sports and stuff ?

Is there any girls that take up this course ?

DIT is getting alota of bad flac on this for poor SU an no events or socials

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Got accepted into DT080 a couple of weeks ago...I've been kinda worried that I was gonna be the old chap (I'm 23) surrounded by 17/18 just finished their Leaving Cert :D Pretty happy after reading this thread...it seems there's a nice mix of age groups :)

Looking forward to getting started in there now :D

P.S I think this was earlier in the thread but i didn't see an answer...Does anyone know what are the Boxing and Judo clubs like?? Wouldn't starting back training while I was out there. :)

Im looking to see what people think of this course DT080, i will be startin this sept

Are the modules though ?

Is there any mathsey modules ? ( main concern )

Whats DIT kevin st campus like for socials and sports and stuff ?

Is there any girls that take up this course ?

DIT is getting alota of bad flac on this for poor SU an no events or socials

Do you have to go into DIT to pay for your repeats? Or can you do it online?

Do you have to go into DIT to pay for your repeats? Or can you do it online?

You can do it through the post with a postal order. Don't think you can do it online though.

• Advertisement

You can do it through the post with a postal order. Don't think you can do it online though.

Would it be too late to send it today in order to avoid the late fee?

Would it be too late to send it today in order to avoid the late fee?

Emm I dunno. When does the late fee start? I have till the 26th. It'd get there by then.

Emm I dunno. When does the late fee start? I have till the 26th. It'd get there by then.

I have until Friday. Probably won't risk it

I have until Friday. Probably won't risk it

Might as well go in just in case. Theres also a fee for a postal order so it's handler just to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Can we get a new one of this for DIT Newbies 2013/14? :p

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Can we get a new one of this for DIT Newbies 2013/14? :p

Make one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Make one :P

Did :p

Now how to get a sticky to usurp this threads position? hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

I am starting Vis Comm in September. Excited and terrified! I am a mature student (32) I am a little nervous. Slightly disappointed with the location in mount joy square, is there still a college feel from the place? Given its size? Also dreading having to get the bloody bus as I am driving since I was 17!

Is there a larger ratio of women in Vis Comm? Hopefully we can start this blog back up for this years newbies!

Jo

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

Jayla13 wrote: »
    I am starting Vis Comm in September. Excited and terrified! I am a mature student (32) I am a little nervous. Slightly disappointed with the location in mount joy square, is there still a college feel from the place? Given its size? Also dreading having to get the bloody bus as I am driving since I was 17!

Is there a larger ratio of women in Vis Comm? Hopefully we can start this blog back up for this years newbies!

Jo

Hey Jo,
    I'm doing Vis comm there too. I'm a mature female student and there is a roughly equal ratio of females to males and about 20% matures to immatures ;) There isn't a great college atmosphere as there isn't a proper rec space so I'd highly recommend you join a society. There are a tonne of fun and interesting societies and you get a lot more out of them for the time you put in. I happen to run the Photo society if you're interested - https://www.facebook.com/DitPhotoSociety?ref=hl

And as for the location, you might find it preferable to the old mental institution we will be moving into in Grangegorman :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

Hi :)

Thanks for replying :). I thought they weren't moving out to Grangegorman for a while yet? Do you enjoy the course? I am, as i said excited, it is just a little daunting, I'm not that shy though so I'd say I will be ok. Gonna have a look at your link now.

Advertisement