Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules of Dating

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

irishbird wrote: »
    The Book is called "The Rules". it's about 10 years old, we bought it for a ex-friend for her birthday because was/is a mess when i comes to men, she turns into a bunny boiler and stalks them until they have to get restraining orders (i am serious)

Its actually the funniest book Ive ever read in my life.But its the bigggest selling self help/dating book of all time :eek:
    It says that you cannot visit the guys house until you get a ring on your finger. Oh and you cant call/email/text him first until you get a ring on your finger.
    It basically tells you to act like a completly differnet person all demure and shy until your engaged and then you can show your true colours to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

panda100 wrote: »
    Its actually the funniest book Ive ever read in my life.But its the bigggest selling self help/dating book of all time :eek:
    It says that you cannot visit the guys house until you get a ring on your finger. Oh and you cant call/email/text him first until you get a ring on your finger.
    It basically tells you to act like a completly differnet person all demure and shy until your engaged and then you can show your true colours to him.

That's pathetic! Why would you want to be with a man who wants a woman like that? urggh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

watna wrote: »
    That's pathetic! Why would you want to be with a man who wants a woman like that? urggh!

Personally, the whole shy and demur thing is not my cup of tea. Give me a lively woman with soul and character.

The Maxx needs his Jungle Queen*

* Undying respect for anyone who gets that without Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

watna wrote: »

The funny thing is the two authors of the book are now divorced and single.I think that says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Anyone ever read "He's Just not that into you"? utter tripe and common sense to anyone woman not blinded by love/lust.

• Advertisement

The funniest thing is all these books are written by men for men or by women for women.

Would be nice to see someone write a book to help out the opposite sex. It might be a bit more realistic?

"Hi, my name is Dragan. Here are some simple and easy things to remember when your looking for a partner. Don't read any bull**** books and just be yourself.

Yours.
    Dragan"

End.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ValleyoftheDoll

panda100 wrote: »

+1 i thought this was a joke when I read it, it's so funny, all I can remember is that it recommends you wear short skirts and do a lot of sit ups while your waiting for the man to ring you, you can never ring the man first :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Dragan wrote: »
    The funniest thing is all these books are written by men for men or by women for women.

Would be nice to see someone write a book to help out the opposite sex. It might be a bit more realistic?

"Hi, my name is Dragan. Here are some simple and easy things to remember when your looking for a partner. Don't read any bull**** books and just be yourself.

Yours.
    Dragan"

End.

You could put in on a fridge magnet intead of in a book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Anybody got a copy of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus i could borrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

ya but what if she is all ways what here franands

• Advertisement

netopia789 wrote: »
    ya but what if she is all ways what here franands

do you speaka ze Inglish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dave5

Donie75 wrote: »
    Ladies,
    I'm looking for some help, as a guy who is useless at this dating & relationship stuff.
    Do women have dating rules? I was talking to a group of friengs (guys) recently who said that there is a book (probably American) detailing the techniques and rules of dating and finding the right man. Apparently it covers stuff like time schedules in a relationship, not being too clingy or available... and lots of other stuff.
    What do the Ladies of TLL think?
    Donie, would you not just use your common sense, when you're going on a date with a girl?

What people are posting is dead right, but most of it is obvious.

Rules? as the lyrics from that BelllX1 song go '...would you go away and ****e.' I think you're watching too much Oprah Winfrey.

This is Ireland mate, chances are you'll both be half cut when you both end up at the local boozer at the end of the night...locked.:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Holy necrophiliac threads Batman!

We've been doing fine without it all this time, so no real need to keep it open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement