Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

CianRyan wrote: »
    I want your job.
    Seems no one wants a 21 year old baker with no experience though. :/

is your Almera a 3 door? i've a set of windvisors here for one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want your job.
    Seems no one wants a 21 year old baker with no experience though. :/

is your Almera a 3 door? i've a set of windvisors here for one :pac:

GIZ THEM!!
    How much you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

gollywog wrote: »
    Got some stuff to give the car a good clean lads, but im very new to this and wouldnt mind a few pointers off some of the deatiling enthusiasts here, metzermeister, eringobragh etc! I got CG maxi sudds, clay bar, Cg blacklight and hybrid v7. Any pointers or tips you guys can give me? I'd really appreciate it! :D

Are you just sealing it up or doing any correction work?...Haven't familiarised myself with LSP techniques yet but Vectra or MM are good allrounders and should be able to point you in the right direction.

GIZ THEM!!
    How much you looking for?

Whoops, they're actually for a 4 and 5 door, my bad:o

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Whoops, they're actually for a 4 and 5 door, my bad:o

How different could they be?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How different could they be?

Lenght? 3 doors have bigger doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Indeed, the length of the doors on a 3 door would be a good but longer than the 5 door front doors.

Oh wind deflectors, I saw visors and thought you meant visors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

gollywog wrote: »
    Got some stuff to give the car a good clean lads, but im very new to this and wouldnt mind a few pointers off some of the deatiling enthusiasts here, metzermeister, eringobragh etc! I got CG maxi sudds, clay bar, Cg blacklight and hybrid v7. Any pointers or tips you guys can give me? I'd really appreciate it! :D

Are you just sealing it up or doing any correction work?...Haven't familiarised myself with LSP techniques yet but Vectra or MM are good allrounders and should be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm just sealing it up.
    I'm gettin a gift in two weeks, a one day correction in spirit detailing so gonna let him get at it first and hopefully get some pointers!

Oh wind deflectors, I saw visors and thought you meant visors

Bah, i don't know what to call them.

The entrance in the boot of the Jag is noticeably smaller than the Golf. Still can fit in just about enough but it's slightly more awkward.

Practicality has to be compromised for looks, i suppose.

• Advertisement

Practicality has to be compromised for looks, i suppose.

I dunno, the back of the x type estate is pretty clumsy looking, could be a 90s civic aerodeck.

No offence like

I dunno, the back of the x type estate is pretty clumsy looking, could be a 90s civic aerodeck.

No offence like

Or Volvo S40 -02/03 ish.

Yeah, there's a hint of that alright, lovely car on the whole, just all wrong from some angles

Yeah, there's a hint of that alright, lovely car on the whole, just all wrong from some angles

i like it from every angle, but i do think our bulldog is cute :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

There will be a new member (jamie MK2 or something similar.) joining tomorrow, so lads just try and make him feel wecome.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Anyone going to C&C tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Jemmy wrote: »
    Anyone going to C&C tomorrow?

Just looked out the window at the weather to decide if I'll head up. Still can't decide :pac: I'll probably head up for a while tbh

There will be a new member (jamie MK2 or something similar.) joining tomorrow, so lads just try and make him feel wecome.

Thanks. :)

He doesn't happen to drive a fiesta does he?!

He doesn't happen to drive a fiesta does he?!

Naw, A sexy mk2 punto. ;) He said he would drop in today, I dont know where he is though. :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The ears are blasted off me, who does Jensen Button think he is, driving like a hooligan around Dublin City Centre :pac:

My first time ever to see an F1 car in the metal and I wasn't disappointed, nothing can describe the noise

Naw, A sexy mk2 punto. ;) He said he would drop in today, I dont know where he is though. :confused::(

Oh yea sorry meant punto, mixing them up. Think I met him at a meet the other night.

Oh yea sorry meant punto, mixing them up. Think I met him at a meet the other night.

Dont worrie, I can see how the punto and fiesta are so similar. :P

Ya he was telling me, There was a poor turn out and there was 3 garda cars aswell.

Dont worrie, I can see how the punto and fiesta are so similar. :P

Ya he was telling me, There was a poor turn out and there was 3 garda cars aswell.

He arrived with a fiesta & then drove off without saying hi. And there were no guards so wrong meet!

He arrived with a fiesta & then drove off without saying hi. And there were no guards so wrong meet!

Had the fiesta got german plates?

Had the fiesta got german plates?

No idea it didn't stay long enough to notice! Lol

No idea it didn't stay long enough to notice! Lol

Oh, Right.

Oh, Right.

Lol he drove in parked up for a second walked over behind the group looked at the cars & hopped back in & drove off. Jamie came back later & said hello but loads had come & gone at that stage.

Lol he drove in parked up for a second walked over behind the group looked at the cars & hopped back in & drove off. Jamie came back later & said hello but loads had come & gone at that stage.

I see, A bit of conundrum that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The stink has been killed... :eek: Its a different car inside! I may finish the interior off next week and start on the mechanical side :)

Now how to wire up this clock, elec mirrors and trip computer...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement