Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

German plates or not?

On the Jag? No would be my opinion, only for German cars, but then again I'm sure Jags in Germany have them on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its 728 right? as much as i can see, there is not that much of difference between 728 and 740 powerwise ( in real world ). i know V8 rumble is awesome, but i would not write off 728 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

My BMW failed the NCT for corrosion on the brake line, there was tiny spec of rust about 1cm which was so tiny, it cost me €150 to have them renewed and my mechanic said they were nothings by a shower of @%$£;'s to fail the car on it and the reason I failed it was because I hadn't left something in the ashtray.

called my insurance just to ask for qoutes.

i thought there will be changes when i am 26 with 5 ncb! i was wrong :D

not a single car they will insure me on. pure refusal or have to be 30. i even told them that you told me that twice already when i got mx5 and skyline, but you still insured. his answer was: we cant give qoutes, with no reg bla bla.

so its once more buying a car and calling to "update" my policy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Hey all, was just wondering if any of you's could help me out with regards to a slight bit of a pickle I am in..

During the week, I booked my mothers car in For an NCT test in Blarney (Cork) for tomorrow (Sunday) @ 11.15... The problem is, I have ripped the house apart over the last 2 days looking for the Vehicle Registration Cert, but with no joy. :confused: I was just wondering if there was anyway else I can get the test done, or am I up the proverbial creek without a paddle?? Tried ringing last night and this morning to cancel before the 24 hours, but of course the call centres are closed for the weekend -_-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Dercola wrote: »
    Hey all, was just wondering if any of you's could help me out with regards to a slight bit of a pickle I am in..

During the week, I booked my mothers car in For an NCT test in Blarney (Cork) for tomorrow (Sunday) @ 11.15... The problem is, I have ripped the house apart over the last 2 days looking for the Vehicle Registration Cert, but with no joy. :confused: I was just wondering if there was anyway else I can get the test done, or am I up the proverbial creek without a paddle?? Tried ringing last night and this morning to cancel before the 24 hours, but of course the call centres are closed for the weekend -_-

I dont really understand your puns. up a creek without a paddle? Anywho AFAIK They might not ask for the VRC, But if you could find it. It would be better....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I dont really understand your puns. up a creek without a paddle? Anywho AFAIK They might not ask for the VRC, But if you could find it. It would be better....

Up **** creek with out a paddle.

You do need your VLC and a form of ID. They've asked the last three times I've brought a car for the NCT

BX 19 wrote: »
    Up **** creek with out a paddle.

You do need your VLC and a form of ID. They've asked the last three times I've brought a car for the NCT

Oh....

Well, My mother brought the car in to get a N.C.T the tester never asked for a VLC, I.D. yes but not a vlc.... I dont know so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

its 728 right? as much as i can see, there is not that much of difference between 728 and 740 powerwise ( in real world ). i know V8 rumble is awesome, but i would not write off 728 :D

Having had a 530i which was more powerful than the 728 and having a 540i now, I can assure you there is a world of difference between the two. If you are happy with a 728 (and that 6pot is a good motor dont get me wrong) dont spoil it by driving a V8 (ever)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The Saab has 105k on it. Does anyone know the service schedule for imwhats due at 100/110k miles on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

More news on the stench issue...

Got this stuff today :)
    Odour_Eliminator_z.jpg

It seems to be doing the business! All sorts of brown ooze dripping from the plastic trim :eek:

Time will tell if it's worked...

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Could be innocent op or maybe his bank fcuked up. I lodged a cheque for 25k a few weeks ago and when I looked at the lodgement slip after she had 2.5k on it. Sh1t like this happens all the time.

Why such people even aloud to work in bank?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Why such people even aloud to work in bank?!?!

Well its one of the reasons our little country is fcuked..:)

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Well its one of the reasons our little country is fcuked..:)

I did not wanted to steer the thread to "damn banks bla bla", but banks here are really damn useless!!

2.5k instead of 25k... Did they fixed it?! A lot of hassle?

For me so far:

Applied for car finance once and was told I will be contacted same day. 3 days later I came in to the branch with "wtf?!?! Attidute". Answer was great: no one called you? Oh very sorry, but it was declined.

Other situation: applied for small loan. I was told money will be transferred in x days. In about x + 5 days no money and no contact. Walked in to the bank with "wtf attidute " again. The answer was priceless: " oh sorry, we lost your documentation and forms ". We can fill that in again now...

How the feck can people who are responsible for money be so **** at it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

They sorted it straight away. I dont want to go ot but it happened a friend of mine who lodged a cheque for 40k and she put 40 euros on the slip. He wrote a good few cheques and they bounced too so maybe this is what happened to the op. Still though I would ring Shannon Tuesday morning just in case.

Oh just to add:

We were doing life insurance in bank too ( when buying a house )So one day she came and told me: sorry, but your policy will be higher then we quoted you before, because both of your parents died from cancer.
    I was like: WTF?! They are both alive and kicking! One is in Sweden other one in Norway!
    Oh sorry, it's different person. Your goes up, because of you being overweight.

She told me that my parents are dead and then called me fat. Great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Oh just to add:

We were doing life insurance in bank too ( when buying a house )So one day she came and told me: sorry, but your policy will be higher then we quoted you before, because both of your parents died from cancer.
    I was like: WTF?! They are both alive and kicking! One is in Sweden other one in Norway!

and are you fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Got some stuff to give the car a good clean lads, but im very new to this and wouldnt mind a few pointers off some of the deatiling enthusiasts here, metzermeister, eringobragh etc! I got CG maxi sudds, clay bar, Cg blacklight and hybrid v7. Any pointers or tips you guys can give me? I'd really appreciate it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anybody going to C&C tomorrow morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

There's a big EG Civic meet tomorrow evening... I left my car in work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Oh just to add:

I think you are great shadowhearth, you always make me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

dgt wrote: »
    More news on the stench issue...

Got this stuff today :)
    http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Odour_Eliminator_z.jpg

It seems to be doing the business! All sorts of brown ooze dripping from the plastic trim :eek:

Time will tell if it's worked...

What? Did you try actually cleaning it first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

audi a4 tdi s line or bmw 320d m sport???

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on your priorities

I'd be going with the BMW

and are you fat?

I am chef. Ofc I am fat :D . You would not trust a skiny chef! :D

Oh, I just had a great brain wave. SH, could cook us dinner at the motors meet. I like food, especialy food cooked by a professinal chef. :)

Oh, I just had a great brain wave. SH, could cook us dinner at the motors meet. I like food, especialy food cooked by a professinal chef. :)

No way I am cooking on my day off! On my day off others coo for me! :)

Btw, to make it worse I am baker/pastry chef now :D

:D Your dead right!

Pastry is a cnut to work with. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I'd trust a skinny chef to cook my food, certainly Marcus Wearing, Kevin Thirnton or last noght's experience Philip Howard. Other than that, I am with Julius Caesar.... "let me have men about me who are fat as they can be trusted".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want your job.
    Seems no one wants a 21 year old baker with no experience though. :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement