Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Happy birthday The Lovely Muffin :)

Links glad you are feeling so positive about things.

I had a weird night last night. I'm prob going to get slated for this, but I'm relatively anonymous here and I really need to say it to someone.

This married man that I work with came onto me at a work do. He was very obvious about it so def no mistake. Now I wasn't even tempted for a sec because he's married and i was really shocked. Buy I was also really really flattered. He's an attractive bloke and if he was single I def would have gone out with him.

Today i feel really icky about it, I mean I should have walked away after he propositioned me but I kept talking to him and my other work colleagues and while I told him no way no how, I didn't exactly discourage the flirting apart from that.

*sigh*

You did nothing wrong! You said no and weren't even tempted, so you've nothing to feel bad about. Be proud of yourself for doing the right thing and don't beat yourself up. *hugs*

Happy birthday muffin!!! Have lots of cake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

So in typically saturday fashion, I've been doing little around the house and had love songs on in the house. Had to turn them over cos I was getting upset. The whole long distance thing with my boyfriend is getting to me big time. I really miss him. I miss coming home to him, laughing with him, waking up in bed with him.

I know it's only a month I have to wait to see him but I had to tell someone how I felt about it. I know it could be much worse but still! Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

careymary wrote: »
    So I am away and am staying in a hostel at the min, some of the people in the hostel have been keeping a cat, I amnt a fan of cats but they have been keeping him downstairs so I have kept out of it
    Yesterday I was on the loo and the cat came darting under the door, stared at me and ran away, I thought that was a bit mad, then this morning the fecking thing was shoved under my shower door, while I was in the shower, it got water on it and went beserk, not fun
    I think the are pushing the poor cat into places and thats not fair, I dont even like cats but thats not on............
    I think I am going to speak to the hostel manager in the morning, any time I talk to anyone here they all pass it on oh no that's Sarah's cat, or Jane's cat or whoever, I dont want to be involved but I dont want the cat being treated like that, people are strange

So I spoke with the hostel manager and he said he would speak to the people staying here about how they are treating the cat and on Monday he is going to re-home the cat to a shelter place,
    feel bad for the cat but its being mistreated here,
    Now the cat seems to think I want to be its friend, I have been letting it hide in my room,(the others dont mind) but I have no interest in petting it and it keeps jumping up on my bed giving me a mini heart attack! Thats what I get for a good deed, tormented by a cat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Mollikins wrote: »
    Thanks musical.x. :)
    Don’t have her e-mail address so can’t send her an email. I think it’s more of a case of me just getting over it and letting it go because if I did approach her and ask her to clarify it she would ignore me in lecturers from now on and wouldn’t answer my questions about assignments and stuff. I told her about how he died and she said ‘Are you serious?’ and from the way she said it and her facial expression it really sounded like she thought I was lying which is insulting towards me and also insulting my poor uncles memory. :(

The only reason I was speaking to her about him was because I was asking her would she like to buy a little badge in support of a organisation that works to prevent deaths from the condition he died from. Really regret ever saying anything about him, even though I was only trying to raise some money for a great facility which doesn’t get any government funding at all. :( She never even bought a badge after all that and they were only €2! :rolleyes: Maybe I picked up on the situation wrong, since it’s such an emotional topic, but I’ve had this tutor since last September and I see her for at least a couple of hours every day so I think I know her fairly well at this stage. At best you could describe her as being dismissive of what I saying about my uncle, which is totally uncalled for. I think I’ll just keep my head down and ignore her for the rest of the year.

The Post your Pet pics thread over in Animals and Pet Issues has some great pics atm that have cheered me up a bit. :)
    the least she could do was buy the badge :rolleyes: at least then her snide remark could be passed over.
    i think you are right to just keep your head down. at least you won't be stuck with her for much longer :)

Happy Birthday Muffin :D

I ate too much pizza, but damn it was delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I ate too much pizza, but damn it was delicious.
    Are you heading out tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going to see safe house tonight,hope its good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

The ads are certainly rather impressive. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The ads are certainly rather impressive. :)

Indeed :).........It was either safe house or some chick flick my friend was pushing for called "the vow" :-|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Thanks guys, I was just so surprised at a seemingly dedicated family man being such a creep, anyways...

Going out tonight to have some fun. Woohoooo.

Sephiroth dude the trailer looks brill, hope its good.

Mollikins maybe your tutor felt awkward talking to you about your bereavement, some people are terrible at this, and come across as being dismissive. I'd hate you being upset over her reaction. Good luck with sellling all the pins.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Happy Birthday, Muffin! Hope it's a good one.

I barely slept at all last night, it was horrible. Have to buck up and go out for a friend's birthday in an hour or two though. Going to a fancy-pants restaurant. So fancy that there's only like 3 things on the menu. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

2 days to Rammstein :D

I am getting super excited! ;)

have to decide on what I'm wearing.

Kiera wrote: »
    Are you heading out tonight?
    I am, I'm going for dinner with my family, my boyfriend and my boyfriends family.

They should be arriving at my house soon.

I'm so nervous right now, I'm actually shaking and I don't know why. :(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Happy birthday Muffin!! Hope you enjoy your meal and get lovely presents xxx

I'm tired and irritable and feel like crap today. BF was flagging me bout something when he came in, nothing huge, but I got all upset about it. I'd like to go back to bed and hide from the world, but I need to make dinner :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Indeed :).........It was either safe house or some chick flick my friend was pushing for called "the vow" :-|

I actually really want to see both of them.. :D

I decided that I'm going to walk to the shop to get pancake mix to see if I can make better pancakes than I did on Tuesday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Feel like poooooo :(

What are we all at tonight?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy birthday Muffin! Glad you enjoyed your birthday pizza. :)

Mollikins, she sounds like a bi-atch. Try not to be too upset, some people are just rude/insensitive and there's no rhyme ir reason behind it.
    And Tigger +1 to you not doing anything wrong! You were flattered but said NO, there's nothing wrong with that scenario that I can see!

Aw, what's wrong Pixie? Or is it a general 'blah' feeling? I hate those! :(

Feel like poooooo :(

What are we all at tonight?

Like poo sad or like poo sick?

I'm sitting in tonight cant do two nights in a row anymore :o

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I actually really want to see both of them.. :D

I decided that I'm going to walk to the shop to get pancake mix to see if I can make better pancakes than I did on Tuesday. :D

Maybe you can drag your b/f to see the vow ;-)

Posy wrote: »
    Aw, what's wrong Pixie? Or is it a general 'blah' feeling? I hate those! :(
    Like poo sad or like poo sick?

I'm sitting in tonight cant do two nights in a row anymore :o

Poo sad. Just feel like crap today.

Poo sad. Just feel like crap today.

Awww, why dont you have a "me" night? Jump into the bath and get all comfy on the couch :)

united_lmc wrote: »
    Out in the car with my mom last night and a woman crashed straight into the back of us.
    And she got away before we could get her insurance details. Not the best start to the weekend.
    That is unbelievable. But then again, some people seem to have no problem mowing down a pedestrian and driving away so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. Some people clearly have no morals and no conscience.

I'm glad you're both okay! xxx

Awww, why dont you have a "me" night? Jump into the bath and get all comfy on the couch :)

Just making the dinner and having a tasty beverage, should cheer me up :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sure you can get a large pizza for the same price the papa john's guy said, you're better off the papa john's guy said.

yeah, i ate ALL the pizza..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That is unbelievable. But then again, some people seem to have no problem mowing down a pedestrian and driving away so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. Some people clearly have no morals and no conscience.

It is awful. But it's hardly surprising that someone would (likely) get so terrified of the consequences and run.

It is awful. But it's hardly surprising that someone would (likely) get so terrified of the consequences and run.
    True, I just don't get how you could live with yourself after potentially leaving someone to die by the side of a road. At least call the person you've mowed down an ambulance, you shit!!

Oh, and when I say 'you' that's the universal you, not you personally, WesternNight! :o

True, I just don't get how you could live with yourself after potentially leaving someone to die by the side of a road. At least call the person you've mowed down an ambulance, you shit!!

I agree with you. But we don't know how they feel now. They could be getting on with life as if nothing happened, or they could be freaking out in their living room wondering what the hell they did. Y'know?

• Advertisement

Oh, and when I say 'you' that's the universal you, not you personally, WesternNight! :o

Haha, no worries, I got that ;)

I'm already bored of my vegitarian curry :o

maybe if I cook some noodles to have with it tonight, it'll be less boring.

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm already bored of my vegitarian curry :o

maybe if I cook some noodles to have with it tonight, it'll be less boring.

A yummy garlic and coriander naan will sort that ;)

hmm, yes that does sound good, but I've got very little food in the house :o

honestly, I'd murder some fish and chips right about now :p

A yummy garlic and coriander naan will sort that ;)
    Nom nom nom! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I'm getting a fish and chippies right now! yay!

My sister is making her confirmation tomorrow and I'm her sponsor. She really made me smile and get out of my little mood from earlier!

Aaaah, to get all dolled up and have to sit through mass! LOL

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I'm getting a fish and chippies right now! yay!

:(

bored bored bored and too much stuff to do :(

431225_3150602800324_1122742369_33130922_400179959_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Slightly tipsy and now headed to a party where I'm debating going for it with the guy who's been flirting with me for three weeks.... what've I got to lose yeah? nerves though.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Go for it lilmiss! Good luck & let us know how you get on :)

Had such a crap afternoon in work today :( really busy, and two people on who don't pull their weight. Glad I wasn't on til close, but I'm on til close with them both tomorrow evening, think I'm going to have to be medicated before I go in tomorrow :( I know I'll end up doing at least 75% of the work tomorrow.

Maybe you can drag your b/f to see the vow ;-)

Ooh good idea.. Unfortunately I don't think I'm very persuasive.. :o

My pancakes were very successful despite getting off to a very rocky start.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Ooh good idea.. Unfortunately I don't think I'm very persuasive.. :o

My pancakes were very successful despite getting off to a very rocky start.. :D

send him here. we'll sort him out for ya ;)

go for it lilmiss i'm sure he'll be delighted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

UGH got the Facebook Timeline. Hate it.

musical.x wrote: »
    send him here. we'll sort him out for ya ;)

Noted. :D
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    UGH got the Facebook Timeline. Hate it.

I hate it too!

• Advertisement

I don't understand facebook timeline, it's horrible! This may push me further towards being exclusively a twitter person.
    Also, the giant profile pic at the top does not do anyone any favours! :eek:

I wish I could change back to the profile... Don't like timeline at all! The only reason I changed to it was because I thought everyone was going to be changing to it anyway.. Now I'm stuck with it. :o

The thread is so quiet tonight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I love the timeline! I think it's way better.

Sitting here at a friends 21st all alone. Whole everyone sits at the other side of the table ignoring me. As usual so

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Exactly what I thought musical.x! There’s only about 7/8 weeks left in the course anyway so hopefully I won’t have to talk to her too much.

I understand what you mean Tigger99 but she asked me why I was selling them. So she must have expected me to say someone I loved had been diagnosed with the condition or died from it. I wasn’t going to mention my uncle at all but she asked why I was collecting for the organisation so I felt I had to tell her then. Think I was only so upset about it because I couldn’t talk to anyone at home about it because it would upset them too. Ended up having to have a little cry in the shower because I didn’t want my Mam to know and get upset about it too. :(

Thanks, I’ll need a bit of luck selling them. They sent 20 each to me, my mam, my brother and my sister (as we were all tested for the condition by them) and none of them seem too bothered about selling the pins so basically it’s up to me to sell 80 of ‘em! A lot of my coursemates were out on Friday so I’m gonna bring some in on Monday and hopefully I’ll get a few takers. I’m not much of a salesperson though! :o

Thanks Posy. Wouldn’t normally let someone get to me like that but she is normally quite a kind, sympathetic person so her reaction really shocked me then. I don’t think she likes me, even though I have never given her a reason not to. That’s fine, she doesn’t have to like me, but she also doesn’t have to disrespect my uncle, especially since he’s not here to defend himself. It’s her problem, not mine.

Gave myself a day off from college work. Most of the work I should’ve done was for the tutor in question. She’ll get her essay drafts when I’m good and ready! Watched some new episodes of my usual programmes and ‘J. Edgar’ which was brilliant. :) The dinner scene near the end was so sad though.

Hey Jane! Yeah, it is fairly quiet here tonight. What ya up to? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just in from the pub, caught up with my best friend who's home from Wales :) Had a great night, tired now though! Hope everyone else is having a good night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement