Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 20th July, 9lbs 10oz
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz

Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July *Girl* - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz

Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July *Boy* - BORN 19th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl* - BORN 21st July, 6lbs 6oz
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July - BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Three new babies this weekend & we're probably not done yet!!!
    Congrats to mmm...chicken, java & saurelin. Well done girls!!

I think that's 16 babies born :eek: and there are 10 of us left still preggers. Oh I'm nervous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

baby zoe is back in the room with me now, she's awesome!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Awhhhhhhhhh she is seriously cute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats mmmn chicken... I don't know what I did with my time before hand either! I hope you get him home soon x must have been awful leaving him behind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Congrats mmmn.chicken :) must be awful to have to go home without your little boy! Hopefully he will be home with you soon & you can enjoy settling into family life at home together :)

Java I know you don't want to be without Zoe for a second but make sure you get plenty of rest! You have been through a lot & need to let your body recover :)

Congrats Saurelin :) A delicate little girl for her pretty name :) We are still deciding if our Zoe will also carry Alice as a middle name along with Lily or to keep it for if we have another girl in the future - Lily was my partners gran, Alice was my grans name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

spend the night with zoe after all. she is a great little sleep. feed,sleep,feed sleep,poop, getting so excited to take her home.
    there is one midwife here obsessed with her and keeps asking can she bath her and give her a bottle feed,bless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Congrats to all the new babies, mmm chicken, java and saurelin!!!

Hope those headaches jave cleared up and you get to go home today Kash!

I don't know what the food situation is in Cork... I better check it out, I need my food like! And finishing eating at 4.30 is not good. Although it might be good practice for afterwards when I'll be on major slimming down regime! I have a sex and the city themed hen party in 6 weeks. Never watched the show but I know none of them were fat and wobbly.

Anything stirring yet Fri.day?? I hate people asking me that question but I feel it's ok for me to ask!
    I wonder did your walk and curry work?

I'm finding it hard to go for long walks , definately feeling the pressure alot more and I can feel the arse acorns starting to get a little sore, so I'm trying to rest so they don't come back...oh the pain!

I go to bed each night thinking...this is the night, and baby is pushing down do much I can hardly walk so I'm thinking my waters will surely give way...
    But I wake each morning... Baby still firmly intact.

40+4 :(

Baby decided they were hungry at 7:30! Booooo!!!

Congrats to the 3 new mammies!! Hopefully Mmmmhmmm Chicken you'll get your little man home soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Congrats Saurelin and mmmm...chicken!!! Great news!!

(Yippy list is going the right way :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congrats mmm.chicken,java and saurelin! :D

Hope u get babs home soon mmm.chicken, must be hard I'm sure he'll be home soon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Congrats Mmmm...chicken. exciting times :-)
    Is he coming home today? Has he name?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Java 9lbs10oz :eek: Good woman yourself, wow!
    More Mammies, congrats mmmm...chicken and Surelin too!!

Silly Ive been answering the phone with "NO" then see who it is then...:D
    Ive also been saying "this is the night" every night lately..
    Ive a lot of pressure too, on my pelvic bone and (tmi) feel like I need a poo.
    Had my bath y/day, don`t like having baths but thought it might do something. NOT! All that happened is my mp3 fell in and died!!! :rolleyes: After spending monday and tuesday loading it up for a long labour...

Had my hot indian but hubby had too much wine/food and wasn`t bothered after :o

btw my hubby says my farts smell like baby`s smelly nappies but Ive no sense of smell...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Java 9lbs10oz :eek: Good woman yourself, wow!
    More Mammies, congrats mmmm...chicken and Surelin too!!

Silly Ive been answering the phone with "NO" then see who it is then...:D
    Ive also been saying "this is the night" every night lately..
    Ive a lot of pressure too, on my pelvic bone and (tmi) feel like I need a poo.
    Had my bath y/day, don`t like having baths but thought it might do something. NOT! All that happened is my mp3 fell in and died!!! :rolleyes: After spending monday and tuesday loading it up for a long labour...

Had my hot indian but hubby had too much wine/food and wasn`t bothered after :o

btw my hubby says my farts smell like baby`s smelly nappies but Ive no sense of smell...:D
    You're like my twin. I hate baths too! I only have them now so I can shave my legs comfortably.
    I tried to update music onto my iPhone during the week and lost most of my music. I now have 39 songs. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Congrats to all the new mammies, fast getting throught the list now!!

Just a quick thing.... I hated using the cotton buds and water to clean baby's bum and the nurse said you can get water wipes (99% water) in boots. I went and bought them for €3.75 and they are grand. Went shopping in Dunnes this morning and they are in there for 2 euros!! So if anyone is using them, go to Dunnes or if they're cheaper somewhere else let me know ;)

RobinC they are good but you have to watch for them on offer...€2 is very good for them - not standard price even in Dunnes so if you plan on using them go grab a few packs to keep you going :) We have them & swap between them & the flat cotton wool sheets...couldn't be doing with actual cotton wool although it's more cost effective than the sheets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Robinc thanks I must check dunnes I paid 6e for 2 packs in boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I've just checked my Dunnes receipt incase I got it wrong but I didn't, the wipes were 2 euro.. I got them in Dunnes in the Swords Pavillions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

thanks all
    baby jakeb-leigh is still in:( just home from long day at hospital...wrecked but miss him already but i guess as long as he is well looked after i guess i shouldnt complain he is flying it now though just need the 48 hour observation period. and we will be getting him back good and healthy then.

just been having a quick read thru javag 9lb10 ....eeeek:eek:
    holy moly how did ya do it ....big congrats!!! any wonder she was in no hurry out the grub must have been fantastic inside;)

saurelin congrats ...ill have to check list again to see your weight(baby brain)
    well done anyway:D

so who is next???
    after 48 hours of pretend labour i went fro pregnancy massage just to get out of house .i cried when she touched me and i couldnt sit or stand(i say i drove her mad) about half hour in i ended up throwing up all over the place ......best 60euro i ever spent as two hours later im officially in labour ....7 hours after that i was a mammy:D

oh ya anyone with the dreaded"a,a's" the first times the worst and try to rotate between using anusol and sudocream as the anusol can be a bit sore after a while,hope this helps.

also nurse told me that if u are breast feeding that you shouldnt use epson salts in bath as it makes the milk too salty for bubs, tried and failed at the bf so am sitting here with my giant feet soaking and its brill

by the way day 4 sucks as much as day 3 ,i told my hubby i was gonna thump him with my giant dollypartons if he spoke to me again today
    poor creator has been brill all along so im feeling guilty now but am still to hormoney to apologise yet. ah well give it five mins and ill prob be thick over something else .......any advice for day 5?? before hubby selotapes my mouth shut:rolleyes:

You must miss him like mad but he's getting great care and hopefully be home to mommy & daddy very soon. And you're getting to rest and recover and sleep a bit too...I know ud prefer to have him with you but you'll have so much more energy for him when he is home :-)

Still feel weak when I think of javagal...what a woman!

I'm next HOPEFULLY. section on wednesday...starting to feel v anxious now but just want it over and aching to have my baby in my arms.

Did laugh a little at the puking sorry...alto maybe it's happened her before with almost there mommies. I had a sweep on saturday morning and got the worst leg cramp in back of my thigh during it, my leg shot out and I almost kicked the m/w in the head!!! Believe me, she got me back...

Thanks for heads up on the creams. Will have to stock up, sitting sideways on chair typing this...ouch...

Hope you haven't smothered your hubby overnight and feeling a bit less hormonal today...

Enjoy seeing Jakeb today...great name!
    x

WWC1 are you going for a section Wed if you don't go into labour yourself or is a scheduled section? Would they not induce you first?
    Fri.Day wrote: »

Lovely, yeah mine start getting bad the later in the day it is. Both me and OH had serious attack of the farts last night, his were rotten. I don't know what we ate that made it happen. The cats stayed out of the bedroom needless to say.
    silly wrote: »
    I tried to update music onto my iPhone during the week and lost most of my music. I now have 39 songs. Boo!

This happened to me the other week when I was syncing it with iTunes. It's some setting you have to change, or you have to set up playlists on iTunes. To be honest, I lost it completely and made my OH fix it as I was demented with it. You may need to nominate someone to sort it for you if you're like me.

Just over my first week on maternity leave, I could get used to this! I've managed to become really lazy, going to bed at 1 and not getting up til about 11 :eek: But I don't care, I'm going to get as much sleep as I can before baby gets here & I'm not going to feel bad about it!

Finally got out of the house yesterday, we went driving around the Dublin/Wicklow mountains, Glendalough etc. Just spent the day together, not doing jobs to get the house ready or house work, was definitely needed.

• Advertisement

massage just to get out of house .i cried when she touched me and i couldnt sit or stand(i say i drove her mad) about half hour in i ended up throwing up all over the place ......best 60euro i ever spent as two hours later im officially in labour ....7 hours after that i was a mammy:D

I have a voucher for a pregnancy massage but not sure if should do it. Did she have one of those special cushions with the hole in it so you could lie on your front?

Hope your wee man gets home soon & that your boobs go back to normal!

Now that some of you new mammies are experienced in it, any recommendations for nursing bra's, any to avoid?

Mink my lactation consultant told me to carry on with my maternity bras to start with, it's a good quality non underwired ones from debenhams & that you only really need a nursing bra after a couple of weeks if you intend to nurse in public etc. As I'm pumping I won't now have any need for one. One midwife said shaws (do you have them in Dublin?) do a good one that's based on s,m,l etc rather than sizes but she recommended (tried & tested) the Elle McPherson nursing bras - she said they are €50 but totally worth it - I think they are a BT exclusive but I'm sure you would get them online :) possibly cheaper!

Mink wrote: »
    WWC1 are you going for a section Wed if you don't go into labour yourself or is a scheduled section? Would they not induce you first?

Just over my first week on maternity leave, I could get used to this! I've managed to become really lazy, going to bed at 1 and not getting up til about 11 :eek: But I don't care, I'm going to get as much sleep as I can before baby gets here & I'm not going to feel bad about it!

Finally got out of the house yesterday, we went driving around the Dublin/Wicklow mountains, Glendalough etc. Just spent the day together, not doing jobs to get the house ready or house work, was definitely needed.

Mink - They can't induce me as such as my little girl was a section delivery two years ago. I've had two unsuccessful sweeps so far, one last Thursday and one on Saturday morning. If they had been able to sweep me then they would try to break my waters first on Wednesday morning and start me on the drip. No sweep + no access to break waters. Seeing as I'll be 41+5 on Wednesday they're not going to wait any longer

Def take as much rest as you can now and enjoy it. You dont have to justify it here of all places :):):) Day out together sounds lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm using the mothercare ones and am happy with them!

I have some Mammas and Papas ones maternity and nursing bras, the soft cotton ones are sooooooooooooooooooo comfy!!
    Got my 39+6 appointment tomorrow, I reckon I'll get nothing done, just sent home to wait...:( booooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

WWC1 wrote: »
    Mink wrote: »

Mink - They can't induce me as such as my little girl was a section delivery two years ago. I've had two unsuccessful sweeps so far, one last Thursday and one on Saturday morning. If they had been able to sweep me then they would try to break my waters first on Wednesday morning and start me on the drip. No sweep + no access to break waters. Seeing as I'll be 41+5 on Wednesday they're not going to wait any longer

Def take as much rest as you can now and enjoy it. You dont have to justify it here of all places :):):) Day out together sounds lovely

Can you not be induced after a section? Feck that, Crusty Joe can be an only child so. Sections and I have fallen out never to be friends again. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Mink my lactation consultant told me to carry on with my maternity bras to start with, it's a good quality non underwired ones from debenhams & that you only really need a nursing bra after a couple of weeks if you intend to nurse in public etc. As I'm pumping I won't now have any need for one. One midwife said shaws (do you have them in Dublin?) do a good one that's based on s,m,l etc rather than sizes but she recommended (tried & tested) the Elle McPherson nursing bras - she said they are €50 but totally worth it - I think they are a BT exclusive but I'm sure you would get them online :) possibly cheaper!
    Hi guys, just be careful with Elle McPherson sizes as i find their non maternity bras on the small side.They do seem to be really nice bras though!

Can you not be induced after a section? Feck that, Crusty Joe can be an only child so. Sections and I have fallen out never to be friends again. Fact.

You can and you can't. They don't induce with the the gel as they can't control how much goes in to you. If the membrane sweeps had worked and they were able to break my waters then I could have being induced with the drip. Lots & lots of women go into natural labour on second pregnancys after sections. My cervix for some reason has decided to not to play fair:(

Not the best mates with sections either and officially booked in for one on Wednesday. Just back from the hospital (refused a third membrane sweep). Met with the anesthetist and got bloods and consent done. Have to be in hospital Wed morning at 7.15...hopefully baby with me by lunch time:):) AGH.....starting to freak out...

Have to fast too from midnight (I LOVE MY FOOD) so a big fat durty chinese for me tomorrow evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

WWC1 wrote: »

You can and you can't. They don't induce with the the gel as they can't control how much goes in to you. If the membrane sweeps had worked and they were able to break my waters then I could have being induced with the drip. Lots & lots of women go into natural labour on second pregnancys after sections. My cervix for some reason has decided to not to play fair:(

Not the best mates with sections either and officially booked in for one on Wednesday. Just back from the hospital (refused a third membrane sweep). Met with the anesthetist and got bloods and consent done. Have to be in hospital Wed morning at 7.15...hopefully baby with me by lunch time:):) AGH.....starting to freak out...

Have to fast too from midnight (I LOVE MY FOOD) so a big fat durty chinese for me tomorrow evening :pac:

Ugh, poor you :( That's now my worst fear. If i ever have to do it again, I'm asking for the general anesthetic for the week. The whole week. My delicate psyche isn't cut out for that craic at all tall. <\pathetic> Best of luck with it lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Ugh so annoyed another night in here!! Poor bubs has been unsettled all day feeding nearly every hour. the midwife took pity on me and has given me a bottle to give him later if he doesnt settle. I'm exhausted.

Advertisement