Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Patchy~ wrote: »
    You're a cat?!
    PUSSAYYYYYYY :pac:
    Nope, c'est moi!

wolf.jpg

Be careful of those teeth!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    AFAIK, you have to have gone into your branch during the "technical glitch" more than you normally would have, and you have to have made a transaction to claim it.
    But how would they even know that? I was in several times, but they couldn't do anything because the system was down so I got sent away without so much as my name or account number being taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lawliet wrote: »
    But how would they even know that? I was in several times, but they couldn't do anything because the system was down so I got sent away without so much as my name or account number being taken

Don't quote me on this, but I heard that you only get the 25 quid if you did a transaction with them. Weren't they letting people withdraw 100EUR to tide them over or something? Think you only get it if you did that.

On the plus side, you won't be paying bank charges for a while, and interest rates on deposits increase.

The whole thing's been a disaster though. I wouldn't go near UB with a 10 foot pole now. Not so much because of the system going down, but because of the way it was handled by their PR guys and CEO.

AIB mightn't be great, and they may be closing our local branch next year (even after the bank manager told us they "definitely wouldn't" :mad:), but whenever I've needed money my account has worked! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

This should cover you (and me):
    What are you doing to recognise the inconvenience caused to customers?

An automatic one-off payment of €25 to those Personal Current Account customers who visited and transacted at a branch during the period of the incident (19 June - 18 July 2012) more frequently than in the equivalent period before the incident (19 May - 18 June 2012).
    What if I don't have any original paperwork?
    If you don't have any original paperwork, please drop into your local branch and speak to a member of staff.

Don't quote me on this, but I heard that you only get the 25 quid if you did a transaction with them.
    What counts as a transaction though? I had money put into my account by someone else, but if you wanted to do anything with the money you were told to go to an ATM and take the cash to the relevant bank.
    Weren't they letting people withdraw 100EUR to tide them over or something? Think you only get it if you did that.
    First I heard about that, could have used that during the three weeks they took to put money in my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Buy a Car you become Sexier......
    Its the Stupid things you do you cant forget.
    Being a Teenager is an option.
    taking a life is not human.
    Getting mad is just an expression of failure.
    Money can buy limited happiness.
    To not drink tea is not an option.
    Luck comes when you least expect it.
    Dont look for something. Be thankful it found you.
    You can be your own worst enemy.
    Religion can sometimes be a false sense of security.
    Will power is always with you, you just need to learn how to use it.
    Everything you see is really upside down, back to front in life. Your eyes are magic.
    You have always had the power to control you body, Even the parts you think you cant.
    The world is only dangerous because of our teachings.
    Love... its a hell of an emotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Jhcx wrote: »
    Buy a Car you become Sexier......
    Its the Stupid things you do you cant forget.
    Being a Teenager is an option.
    taking a life is not human.
    Getting mad is just an expression of failure.
    Money can buy limited happiness.
    To not drink tea is not an option.
    Luck comes when you least expect it.
    Dont look for something. Be thankful it found you.
    You can be your own worst enemy.
    Religion can sometimes be a false sense of security.
    Will power is always with you, you just need to learn how to use it.
    Everything you see is really upside down, back to front in life. Your eyes are magic.
    You have always had the power to control you body, Even the parts you think you cant.
    The world is only dangerous because of our teachings.
    Love... its a hell of an emotion

You alright there?

You alright there?

The question is am i ever alright? ha ha. But ya im top notch. :D.

Danke für die Nachfrage. .... Wish i could speak fluent in Deutsch with out a dictionary

Did you know that there is 1,996,300 people the age of 17 and over on facebook .... In Ireland. Although the ratio of male to female is a bit wired not alarming
    Males 916,660
    Females 1,044,000

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im writing this here and now. Im writing it and its gonna stick like glue. Its gonna friggen happen.
    I am ****ing going to bed between 11 and 11:15. No later. Cant deal with laterz.
    I WILL DO IT DAMNITTTTTTTTTT

deise_girl wrote: »
    Im writing this here and now. Im writing it and its gonna stick like glue. Its gonna friggen happen.
    I am ****ing going to bed between 11 and 11:15. No later. Cant deal with laterz.

I predict:

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh
    GOD DAMN IT, I'M UP! I SAID I'D GO TO BED!
    Posted by deise_girl @ 02:29 in Clearasil and Hormones 6 Billion views 5 replies

• Advertisement

Best Irish sketch ive seen in ages. :pac:
    Although Awful Sad is good watch as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

deise_girl wrote: »

You better be in bed bitch!!!

I should be feeling sorry for everyone in school but Im enjoying the sun. Even at 4 the sun goes in. Tis a very strange set up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I should be feeling sorry for everyone in school but Im enjoying the sun. Even at 4 the sun goes in. Tis a very strange set up

Spare a thought for those of us stuck in college, drowning in assignments already!

How come C&H is gone so quiet?

How come C&H is gone so quiet?

Everyone's going back to school and/or college I'd say, and they're in that early semester/school year period where they're "going to study every night and not procrastinate on boards", which should wear off by mid-October. :P

No more 12 hour days on boards for me after Monday. :(

Lads,

2165795575.png

*drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

2156675129.png

Fine by me :cool:

Edit: wnolan, how is the upload speed that high?! :eek: Is that just what you get with the internet provider you're with?

2156675129.png

Fine by me :cool:

Edit: wnolan, how is the upload speed that high?! :eek: Is that just what you get with the internet provider you're with?

It's the UL Network which is wired directly into my bedroom. :cool:

It's probably inflated a bit seeing as it's Friday evening and there's very few people around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

2165856782.png

Soooooooo slow :( </3

Since the new update of Google maps. Ennis looks so wired :pac: looks big or something.. or lots of streets... just wish there was more to do.. driving around and no body to see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Meowth wrote: »
    2165856782.png

Soooooooo slow :( </3
    2165934431.png
    I win!

It feels so good to not have one of the slowest connections. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

2074409599.png

Eat your words, UL scum.
    Eh, this was on a day there were a ton of people in registering their repeats, and it was wired into my laptop, which I think may actually have capped the speed as might not be able to handle 100mb/s+. I'll go in on a quiet day and test it with one of the newer computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

wnolan go host some sort of servers in your place with that kinda upload speed in your room... actually if you could let me broadcast RadioColm through your computer that'd be sound.

• Advertisement

2074409599.png

Eat your words, UL scum.
    Eh, this was on a day there were a ton of people in registering their repeats, and it was wired into my laptop, which I think may actually have capped the speed as might not be able to handle 100mb/s+. I'll go in on a quiet day and test it with one of the newer computers.

Whoo. Gwan DIT. :pac:

2074409599.png

Eat your words, UL scum.

Yeah, but that's Dublin, so it automatically loses 50% of it's coolness factor. :P

Although, on a related note, there're rumours that UL's speed should increase in the next few weeks.

Either way, it's >30 times faster than what I've had all summer, so I'll take this any day of the week. :)

Yeah, but that's Dublin, so it automatically loses 50% of it's coolness factor. :P

Your just Jealous :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I see the annual comparison of measurements has commenced among the lads! :cool:

Wait ... QoL?!! :eek:

377669_276426992465855_2040950219_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

2074409599.png

Eat your words, UL scum.

Gave it a go in ucc earlier and the numbers were pretty much like these... I felt like Flash...

Zoom zoom, zoom zoom, zoom zoom!!!

Edit - but that's from the college computers. In our college house we have no internet... Or space.... Or a tv............ zoom.. :-(

I must stress that one of the worst things about growing up is the fact ya have to shave near everyday. and when you go manual holy ....... like i dont understand what i done wrong but ow my face is on fire . :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

The touchpad on my my new laptop is an annoying piece of sh1t, and I was trying to move the mouse over to one of my bookmarks but it got stuck over C&H and started clicking it like 3 times.

My laptop is possessed.

My pampered little house kitten met his first feral tom cat today. I had him out in the back yard for a while not realizing that there was a Tom sleeping in the long grass. Kitten spotted him eventually and went over to investigate, he got quite scared and offended at this strange cat in his territory, he puffed himself up, had all his hair standing on end and was doing this lash out and retreat thing. The Tom cat's face was priceless, he was just sort of looking round, bewildered like 'Why is this child bothering me?'
    I was worried the Tom would get annoyed and take a lump out of my kitten, so I was calling and walking towards them, the Tom got a bit freaked by me and decided to leave. It was the most ridiculous thing, this huge Tabby strolling out of our garden with a tiny Tabby snarling after him. The Kitten seems to think he got rid of the Tom himself, god help that cat when he hits puberty, the next male he meets will eat him alive.

My pampered little house kitten met his first feral tom cat today. I had him out in the back yard for a while not realizing that there was a Tom sleeping in the long grass. Kitten spotted him eventually and went over to investigate, he got quite scared and offended at this strange cat in his territory, he puffed himself up, had all his hair standing on end and was doing this lash out and retreat thing. The Tom cat's face was priceless, he was just sort of looking round, bewildered like 'Why is this child bothering me?'
    I was worried the Tom would get annoyed and take a lump out of my kitten, so I was calling and walking towards them, the Tom got a bit freaked by me and decided to leave. It was the most ridiculous thing, this huge Tabby strolling out of our garden with a tiny Tabby snarling after him. The Kitten seems to think he got rid of the Tom himself, god help that cat when he hits puberty, the next male he meets will eat him alive.

You know can't help but read this and first instance is it should be on reddit. honestly its like something off reddit.

if it shall be ur cat can join my stray cat. Seems he has his own family in the forest and a lot of female company. Me thinks he's a playa. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Does anyone here know how much it would cost to replace the keyboard on a Samsung laptop?

Does anyone here know how much it would cost to replace the keyboard on a Samsung laptop?

What model of laptop?

And what's wrong with it, just keys missing (as in the caps on the keys with the letter/the little rubber cup/the bracket) or when you press keys does nothing happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Spent the last hour watching Boyfriend Does My Makeup videos on youtube (JennaMarbles's boyfriend, ooft). I'm having a hell of a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AvAv

Namlub wrote: »
    Spent the last hour watching Boyfriend Does My Makeup videos on youtube (JennaMarbles's boyfriend, ooft). I'm having a hell of a Saturday night.

Thank you so much for this, Its made my night. :D

Quiet lonely. I miss my friend(s)(If i have any left). Nothing to do either. Done 3 laps of the town and one trip out to the motorway and back into town before heading home... :( Where all the boy racers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

What model of laptop?

And what's wrong with it, just keys missing (as in the caps on the keys with the letter/the little rubber cup/the bracket) or when you press keys does nothing happen?

Its an R530. I spilled a small bit of water on it and now several of the keys aren't working.

Do you ever get those moments in life when you come to a conclusion about yourself but choose to ignore it?

Like i think im kinda fooked in life. Im very indecisive. I want everything and i want it now type of way.

Dropped out of college, want to go back to college. :confused:
    want to stay at home, Want to get a job and do things:confused:
    Dont want to go out, Want to hang with friends out :confused:
    Want to sleep , dont want to sleep :confused:
    Want to post this now, Prolly decide i want to delete it later.
    Gets committed to a relationship, wants to flirt with others cause im taken. (WTFCH on that one?) :confused:

Im ready to strangle myself. :pac: Ha ha the pacman is clickable :cool:

My course director basically let me do the exact module I had wanted to to replace one that's no longer running...

So I will only have three hours college per week until January. All three can be done on Thursday.

Not sure whether this is an Argh or a Yah so I'll just leave it here...

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Taking a study break after 6 minutes of starting a new topic. I almost wish my wifi would stop working, I'm way too easily distracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

My course director basically let me do the exact module I had wanted to to replace one that's no longer running...

So I will only have three hours college per week until January. All three can be done on Thursday.

Not sure whether this is an Argh or a Yah so I'll just leave it here...

Try nab a job!! Use this year to cv build and make dollas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

We need these over here. Even if it means sacrificing that moment of absolute glory I experience by crossing the road a second or two earlier than everyone else.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Try nab a job!! Use this year to cv build and make dollas!

Sin é an phleán. :)

Think ill take a spin to ul.. just for the craic ha ha. Boredom at its best

Think ill take a spin to ul.. just for the craic ha ha. Boredom at its best

Down to take advantage of all the Fresher Freebies? ;)

• Advertisement

Down to take advantage of all the Fresher Freebies? ;)

I wasnt aware till i was given a flyer. buy one get one free. didnt really see any freebies :(

Advertisement