Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paully D wrote: »
    APTOPIX%20Patriots%20Ravens%20Smith%20Football.JPEG-08f1c.jpg

What an absolute legend. Inspirational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Great game, pity about some dodgy reffing but man can Ed Reed lay you out? Yes he can!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

That was a total rollercoaster of a game. Torrey Smith put in an amazing performance considering all that has happened.
    The refereeing was questionable at times. Haloti Ngata is now my hero. The man is a beast.
    I am going to watch the game again now for the third time.

That was a total rollercoaster of a game. Torrey Smith put in an amazing performance considering all that has happened.
    The refereeing was questionable at times. Haloti Ngata is now my hero. The man is a beast.
    I am going to watch the game again now for the third time.

You've really got the bug haven't you :pac: might watch the game again myself. Smith is my favourite player after that game, some hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Very hard to dislike the ravens I gotta say, so many characters on the team and any team that beats the patriots is A ok with me.

As long as you aren't playing the broncos or colts ill be rooting for you's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Missed the game Sunday night, fell asleep :o

Look at the superfan above going to watch it a third time.
    Now there's a fan :cool:

Downloaded it yesterday and watched it this morning

Cary Williams is trash!!
    And to think he was offered a 15 million dollar extension....which he then rejected.
    Good luck getting another lucrative offer :pac:

Ah now, not for me to focus on the negative, great win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joe Flacco now has the most wins by a quarterback since 2008 with 46.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Joe Flacco now has the most wins by a quarterback since 2008 with 46.

Its rings, not wins, he wants!! :D

Another game to look forward to tonight. Hopefully we can get a good win against the Cleveland Browns.
    It seems the Ravens have a good record against the Browns but have been close games.

• Advertisement

Feels like I've just about got my breath back from Sunday nights game and we're back on the field again tonight. I can only imagine how the players and coaching staff feel!

We should win tonight but I said that 4 times last season after beating tough opposition the week before and it didn't happen. That said, even on a short week our offense is on fire and should have far too much for Cleveland. I'll be interested to get a proper look at Trent Richardson too. Really liked him in college but haven't got the chance to pay much attention to him in the NFL yet. Always a fiery atmosphere too so it should be a good one!

Anyone staying up for it? I'm up early tomorrow so may try and avoid the score and watch it on GamePass sometime during the day, but I'll probably end up fighting sleep through the first half anyway and see how I go from there :)

I'll do the same as you I think, I'll watch it on the tablet in bed and see how I go. I don't think it'll be a blowout but we should put up some points. Excited to see Richardson and Weeden, who I like.

Anyone staying up for it? I'm up early tomorrow so may try and avoid the score and watch it on GamePass sometime during the day, but I'll probably end up fighting sleep through the first half anyway and see how I go from there

Yeah I will be staying up for it for sure. Should be a good game. I am pretty addicted to the NFL and the Ravens at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Normally one could be critical of Ravens with that performance - they should have put it out of sight, but with their recent schedule and all the emotion of the Smith situation it's hard to criticise.

Weeden did a great job, all things considered - all he needs now is Little to put superglue on his gloves and they're a good team.

I've really enjoyed the Baltimore crowd the last few games, great atmosphere!

Glad the Ravens got over the line and won the game. Was always going to be a close game.
    Very happy with the start to the season. 3-1 seems good to me.
    Did not realise Haloti Ngata played rugby union when he was young. Explains why he is so explosive and quick for such a big man.

Only got to watch the condensed version of the game earlier. Fell asleep before kick off last night but managed to avoid the score all day. I think I need a new pair of underpants after that last series which included the penalty and another shot into the end zone for Weeden :pac: I got flash backs to the Packers/Seahawks game but thankfully we held out.

As Kevo says the recent record between the two teams showed it would be a close game and thankfully we came out on top once again. I'd have taken 3-1 after 4 games at the start of the year so I can't complain at all. Very positive so far.

Bring on the Chiefs next week :cool:

• Advertisement

So we're at the Chiefs this weekend, an interesting match up. I see the Chiefs have the #1 ranked run O in the NFL this season to date but it looks like our lads will be targeting the Chiefs centre, Ryan Lilja:
    “As a D-line, we looked at it, and whoever lines up in front of him has to win that one-on-one matchup, and that’s what we’re going to do,” Cody said.

Interesting insight from Shaun O'Hara on what we will probably do against Lilja:
    The Ravens are probably one of the savviest defenses in the league,” O’Hara said. “It starts with their veteran leadership in [inside linebacker] Ray Lewis and [free safety] Ed Reed and [defensive tackle] Haloti Ngata. So those guys know that when they have a young guy in there – whether it’s at center or at quarterback – and their No. 1 job is to confuse the blocking scheme and try to make you think that they’re blitzing when they’re not and try to make you think that they’re dropping when they’re blitzing. So that mental aspect of it is going to be a challenge not just for the center, but for all the linemen. A lot of times, the center is the one that makes the calls, but if it’s a new guy not comfortable with making the calls, then sometimes the guard can make the calls. But that brings together all new challenges because now it’s the guard that has to relay it from one side to the other and it’s a little easier if the center is doing it because he’s in the middle. So I’m sure their defense will look to take advantage of that and try to create some different looks and confuse the center and the quarterback.”

Interesting stat from last week, the Browns only had 8 or more players in the box 21% of the time but that figure is usually expected to be nearer 60% because of Ray Rice's threat. I read that Flacco has a bit of a minor ankle injury which makes me wonder if Sunday will see Ray Rice take over. Defences seem to be taking our run game more lightly this year because of how well Flacco is doing through the air, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us pound the rock more this weekend.

This is one of those games I get a bad feeling about (momentum is good, game against a team we should beat; see Jaguars, Titans, Seahawks games last season) but overall we should have enough to win and I think the -6 points spread is about right.

Justin Tucker seems to be loved in the locker room :)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Justin-Tuckers-Lovable-Weirdness-/48f2d57c-a59a-4a0e-985d-73ae03707e59
    The Ravens have a tradition of embarrassing their rookies.

One by one, the newbies march in front of the entire team during training camp meetings and sing, tell a joke, or something of the sort to entertain the vets.

Kicker Justin Tucker saw it as an opportunity to impress.

He had already done a Christopher Walken impersonation near the start of camp. After watching terrible after terrible performances from his fellow rookies, Tucker decided to volunteer for another round on the final day.

Nobody volunteers for public ridicule. But Tucker’s not your typical rookie, or kicker, or player, or person in general.

“I decided to put myself out there,” Tucker said. “These vets, they deserve more.”

Tucker told the team he was going to sing opera. He even gave them three options: sing in Italian, Russian or Latin.

In a packed auditorium of veterans and coaches, Tucker belted out famous Italian aria, O Sole Mio, as if he were in a grand concert hall.

“Everybody’s jaw hit the ground,” linebacker Jameel McClain said. “Man, he’s pretty good!”

Since that day, Tucker hasn’t ceased to amaze and entertain his teammates.

He’s quickly become one of the biggest characters in the locker room, and a player that has seamlessly assimilated into the team unlike your average NFL kicker – especially for a rookie.

Everybody – from linebacker Ray Lewis to punter Sam Koch – has taken a liking to Tucker.

“He just fits our mold,” Lewis said. “He’s so laid back, so confident and he’s just having fun. That’s one thing he does very well.”

Tucker calls himself a renaissance man.

He went to the University of Texas and majored in music, specifically recording technology, because he “wanted to go to school without feeling like I was going to school every day.” Tucker said he was one of maybe two or three athletes at Texas who majored in fine arts.

He studied all types of music, from opera to hop hip hop and country to dubstep.
    He especially likes making electronic dance beats.

Much like he did in Baltimore, Tucker debuted his skills at Texas in surprising fashion. It was in his freshman year, during a tradition called the “Soul Train,” which is essentially a dance and freestyle rap party held in the weight room the day after a win.

Tucker jumped in the middle of the large group and started freestyling. Ravens outside linebacker Sergio Kindle, who was a couple years ahead of Tucker at Texas, said Tucker was the only white guy with the nerve (or talent) to participate.

“Once that happened, everybody just fell in love with him,” Kindle said.

Kindle and Tucker started making music together in Tucker’s dorm room. Tucker crafted a makeshift recording studio, and he and Kindle recorded a seven or eight club mixes. They rapped about “the struggle,” Kindle said with a laugh.

Tucker also sang opera in the Texas locker room, as if he was serenading his teammates. Long snapper Alex Zumberge, a close college friend of Tucker’s, said hearing
    the bellows eventually just became normal.

“It was kind of a way to unwind after a long, hot practice,” Tucker said. “My teammates seemed to appreciate it.”

The singing is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Tucker’s uniqueness.

Before games, he laid out his entire uniform on the floor in the shape of a person. It looked like a cardboard cutout. He then walked a few laps around the locker room before putting it on.

“So that was pretty weird,” Zumberge said with a laugh. “He’ll joke about stuff very seriously and you won’t really know for a little bit until he starts laughing. He’s definitely very comfortable in any situation.”

That includes the high-stakes NFL. When Tucker came to Baltimore, he was an undrafted rookie scrapping for a job from former Pro Bowler Billy Cundiff.

Tucker’s a player fresh out of college who slept on a mattress on his apartment floor for a couple weeks until he bought his first piece of furniture – a rug that he proudly invited teammates over to see.

He was focused on improving, on making field goals and winning the job. But he was also going to be himself in the process.

“I’ve dreamt about playing in this league my entire life,” Tucker said. “So I’m not going to come in here and not have fun when I’m doing it.”

Tucker sings his opera, and he still does plenty of impersonations including team favorites from “South Park” and of Turtleman from “Call of the Wildman.” He still lays out his uniform before game days, asking Cox to guard it to make sure nobody messes with it.

The other day in the locker room, safety Ed Reed (Tucker’s cornhole partner) walked up to the kicker and made the discount double-check sign from the popular State Farm commercials. Without any words exchanged, Tucker mimicked Packers linebacker Clay Matthews’ flex move.

Speaking of cornhole, Tucker is already one of the best players and even talks smack to one of the team’s kings of smack talk, safety Bernard Pollard. Tucker spent several days crafting cornhole power rankings, including write-ups and scouting reports, for all the team’s players.

He wrote this of reigning Defensive Player of the Year Terrell Suggs:

“Undoubtedly the worst Cornholer in the building. Displays horrible fundamentals. Sloppy delivery only leads to problems. Simon Cowell of American Idol and X-Factor has said of Sizzle's technique: ‘Appalling with a capital ‘A.’ Positively dreadful.’”

“Tucker’s different from every other kicker,” Pollard said. “He belongs in this locker room.”

It’s that fun personality that has endeared Tucker to his Ravens teammates – just as it did in Texas.

“I feel like everybody embraced him so soon because he’s just a guy you have to like,” Kindle said. “There’s no way around it. He’s like a magnet; he draws people to him.”

The Ravens locker room is already full of characters. And Tucker is near the top. McClain said he would rank the top three characters in the locker room as Suggs, Terrence Cody and Tucker.

“Tucker is super weird,” McClain said. “He’s the only person I know that can have a full-on conversation with himself that you can jump in at the end of and start laughing. The guy is weird, man – but a good weird, a funny weird.”

Even wide receiver Jacoby Jones, who is constantly clowning around and dancing in the locker room, says Tucker is neck-and-neck with him in oddness.

“He’s one of the silliest guys I’ve ever met in my life,” Jones said. “He’s a live wire, that’s for sure.”

Tucker’s only a couple months into the job, but he’s already somebody players not only laugh with, but respect.

Tucker’s locker is located in the power corner. He’s just a couple spots down from Lewis, Ray Rice and Michael Oher. The team calls that section of lockers “Fifth Avenue,” after the glitzy section of New York City.

I’m in the high-rent district,” Tucker said. “This is Park Place and Boardwalk over here.”

As outgoing as he is, Tucker’s also letting his performances talk.

He hit a game-winning field goal against New England that left Suggs dumping Gatorade bottles of water on his head after the game.

Heading into Sunday’s game in Kansas City, Tucker has hit eight of nine field-goal attempts and has the fifth-most points in the NFL (37). He’s already tied the Ravens franchise record for longest field goal at 56 yards.
    “I think he’s going to be a future star,” linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo said. “To see him shining amongst Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Joe Flacco and Ray Rice, see him holding his own next to those guys, I just think he’s a [dang] star. I’ve never really seen that in a kicker I’ve played with before.”

Well, Tucker isn’t your average kicker.

06_Tucker_instoryB.jpg

Great read Paully, Tucker sounds like a great man to have a pint with

Could be the new Matt Stover!!

Though Stover wasn't like that, you'd find him reading the bible instead of joking with teammates

Hey, whatever works.
    He still lays out his uniform before game days, asking Cox to guard it to make sure nobody messes with it.

That was the best bit
    The long snapper has got your back :cool:

Phew! That wasn't pretty to say the least but a win's a win.

• Advertisement

Great to get the win today. The turning point was when the Chiefs fumbled the ball on the line when they looked certain to score.

Fair play to Ed Reed to recover the ball and run it up the field.

Sign of a good team really. Did not play well but still got the right result.

M&T Bank Stadium voted toughest NFL venue by ESPN after polling NFL players, coaches, GM's, scouts and writers.

545440_10151099553821229_1975467729_n.jpg

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1011-ESPN-Declares-MT-Bank-Stadium-Toughest-NFL-Venue/76be94c8-afcc-4b0f-9baa-899d1bce2793
    ESPN Declares M&T Bank Stadium Toughest NFL Venue

All fans think their team is toughest at home.

But not all fans have ESPN’s latest study backing up their bragging.

M&T Bank Stadium is the toughest NFL venue, ESPN declared after polling more than two dozen NFL players, owners, general managers, scouts, analysts and writers. But it’s the numbers that hoisted Baltimore to the top.

A simple way of looking at home-field advantage is to look at the home record (the Ravens rank second behind New England over the last decade), but looking at the stat alone usually skews toward the best teams that also win on the road. So ESPN’s Greg Garber looked at the difference between teams’ home winning percentage versus that on the road.

“The numbers are, quite frankly, astonishing: In 14 seasons at the building now known as M&T Bank Stadium, the Ravens are a giddy 84-31 (.730),” Garber wrote. “The road record in that time is a less-than-stellar 50-64 (.439). No NFL team in recent years has had more dramatic Jekyll-and-Hyde mood swings.”

Baltimore also has the greatest point differential over the past decade at home (plus-756) versus away (minus-77), a swing of 833 points.

Center Matt Birk says that team strength and fans are two leading factors in determining a tough venue. In Baltimore, fans are making “separation anxiety” work of them. Charm City lost the Colts to Indianapolis in 1983, and they know what it’s like to be without a football team.

"This city lost its football team," Birk said. "The Ravens filled the void for them, and the fans are really into it here. That makes for a loud stadium on Sundays."

Longtime Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi was asked about tough places to play, and pointed to the Ravens-Patriots Monday night game in 2007.

"It was five years ago, and I can remember everything – it made that much of an impression," Bruschi said. "Sometimes when you play in certain venues you feel the audience. The electricity they have, the energy they're giving the team. You feel that in Baltimore.

"It's like the fans and the defense are in perfect sync together."

The Ravens work hard at keeping their fans involved, holding monthly offseason meetings attended by the team president other top executives to discuss the gameday experience. Those meetings increase to several times a month before every home game during the season.

Public relations guru Kevin Byrne said the team’s goal is to make the in-stadium experience more compelling than watching from home. How do the Ravens make the sale?

"We invite the fans to help. We're saying, 'You can help us win. You can be a factor,'” Byrne explained. “Let's not guess what they want – let's ask them.

"We spend a lot of time and effort on it. We're pretty good at it, I have to admit."

Here are the top six toughest places to play in the NFL, per ESPN:

1) M&T Bank Stadium

2) CenturyLink Field in Seattle

3) Lambeau Field in Green Bay

4) Heinz Field in Pittsburgh

5) Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver

6) Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City

@JasonLaCanfora
    Ravens fearing a torn ACL for top CB Lardarius Webb. Further testing will determine for sure but it does not look goof at all I'm told

LaCanfora works nationally but he's from Baltimore, he'd have reliable info for his home town team

Our second best player on defense gone for the season :(

Oh man, I feared the worst when it happened. Not good news especially given our struggles on D :( Always a tough injury to come back from, get well soon Ladarius. :(

With regards to the game, great to get the win but completely undeserved. Refs bailed us out a couple of times too and we still couldn't get stops. T-Sizzle can't come back soon enough!

4 of the next 5 away now which includes Texans, Steelers and Chargers. We'll beat the Browns (away) and Raiders (home) but could quite easily lose all of the aforementioned road games unless the D steps up.

Any reasons why our D is struggling so much? Is it Pees play calling? Suggs missing? Lewis not big enough after the weight loss to make as much of an impact? Older players running out of gas? Younger players not experienced enough yet? Or perhaps a combination of all of the above? It's so frustrating for a team who pride themselves on solid D.

In my opinion, in this order
    1. Player not replaced, not just Suggs. Kruger & McPhee are nowhere near JJ and Redding's level. Hard-working players who never got enough credit.
    2. Pagano was a legend and is badly missed, his agressive style just worked, around 60 sacks as I remember.
    3. End of an era: Ray Lewis is a liability out there and Reed is being laughable with his talk of a new three year deal :rolleyes:
    4. Kemoeatu is very poor, why is he getting playing time over Cody? Cody is no pro-bowler but he's solid at least

That's about it :D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    In my opinion, in this order
    1. Player not replaced, not just Suggs. Kruger & McPhee are nowhere near JJ and Redding's level. Hard-working players who never got enough credit.
    2. Pagano was a legend and is badly missed, his agressive style just worked, around 60 sacks as I remember.
    3. End of an era: Ray Lewis is a liability out there and Reed is being laughable with his talk of a new three year deal :rolleyes:
    4. Kemoeatu is very poor, why is he getting playing time over Cody? Cody is no pro-bowler but he's solid at least

That's about it :D

Interesting read Mike, cheers for that. Still I guess we're still 5-1 despite our struggles but these next 5 games will tell us a lot.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Haloti Ngata on giving up 227 rushing yards, franchise record: 'I think it's disgusting. We need to fix it right away.'

Great to get the win. Was such a tense game. The kick at the end was pretty close.

The Cowboys seemed to have really done their homework on the Ravens defence.

Webb is a big loss. He was playing great over the first few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Not just a torn ACL for Webb, but a torn triceps for Lewis.

Oh Jesus, Houston might not be pretty.

• Advertisement

As expected, Harbaugh has just confirmed Webb (ACL) and Lewis (triceps) will miss the rest of the season. :(

As expected, Harbaugh has just confirmed Webb (ACL) and Lewis (triceps) will miss the rest of the season. :(

That is really terrible news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Last game for Lewis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Crap! Huge loss to the league not to have Lewis playing for the rest of the year. hopefully he'll be back next year but it will be interesting to see if he uses this as time to test the water with the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

M&T Bank Stadium voted toughest NFL venue by ESPN after polling NFL players, coaches, GM's, scouts and writers.

545440_10151099553821229_1975467729_n.jpg

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1011-ESPN-Declares-MT-Bank-Stadium-Toughest-NFL-Venue/76be94c8-afcc-4b0f-9baa-899d1bce2793

It's a ridiculous way to measure where is the toughest place to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's a ridiculous way to measure where is the toughest place to play.

That's not the measure. It's the home record compared to the away record. The Patriots would surely have a better home record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

matthew8 wrote: »
    That's not the measure. It's the home record compared to the away record. The Patriots would surely have a better home record.

That's what I'm talking about. Because Baltimore are poor away from home but good at home it makes it the toughest place to play? :confused:

That's on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

SantryRed wrote: »
    That's what I'm talking about. Because Baltimore are poor away from home but good at home it makes it the toughest place to play? :confused:

That's on the team.

It sort of does. If there was a formula for home field advantage it would probably be something like home winning percentage minus away winning percentage.

• Advertisement

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Source with knowledge of the situation predicts Terrell Suggs will play Sunday

The less said about that game the better I feel. The only thing I'd say is that we have to stop abandoning the run when we go a few scores down. I have faith on Flacco, but it just puts needless pressure on him. Rice is a monster, give him the ball!

Also Suggs was magnificent, for someone who wasn't expected back until December to play most of the game at that level was unbelievable. Legend.

The bye week has come at a good time, we have 2 weeks to sort out the issues, followed by two winnable games.

Suggs is back and is ballin :cool:

Webb is done for the year :(

Lewis is on IR but can be activated in December but tbh I think he's done for the year also

Michael McAdoo is on IR

Tommy Streeter picked up a mysterious injury that only happens at the end of training camp to high potential rookies ;)
    This mysterious injury also put Damian Berry RB on IR ;)

David Reed started the season on PUP. This last 6 weeks. He has until Week 9 and then the team must either activate him (and so cut someone else) or cut Reed or put him on IR.
    IR beckons I think

Ngata is healing up this week, bye week came at a good time. Rest easy big man

Ryan McBean NT is on IR. He was signed from the Broncos and our boardsie for the Broncos spirialism assures me he is trash and no loss

Also on IR is Emmanual Cook SS who was signed from the Jets last season and did special teams with the odd snap on D. Not a huge loss

Finally Ricky Brown LB is on IR and tbh I don't know anything about him. He's bounced around a few teams, Raiders, Patriots and now in Baltimore

That's about it

What do you all think for the Browns game this weekend? Coming off a bye especially I think we'll have too much for them, but it will be a typical AFC North game. Plenty of field goals and tough D. I think we'll use Rice a lot more this gameweek.

Ravens by a touchdown. :D

Hopefully the Ravens can get back to winning ways this weekend. I think they will.
    Looking forward to seeing more of Terrell Suggs.

I want to see our run defense fixed!

Yeah get the win but I'll be disappointed if we give up more then 100 yds rushing

And Browns are very run heavy so it's a good test

• Advertisement

Bobbie Williams has been a disapointment and an expensive one at that

Ramon Harewood did ok, he's been in the league three years but realy he's a rookie, he was injured last two years.
    He will develop and get better

The rumor mill has Jah Reid for left guard this week, he has been practicing for it

120675413_display_image.jpg?1312963412jah-reid.jpeg

6 ft 7 in, 324 lbs,

This could mean good things for our run game!

Good little watch on the below link, Biscotti talks about Flacco and how Ozzie and co convinced him they should get Joe rather than ''giving away the whole draft'' to get Matt Ryan, as Steve wanted:

http://russellstreetreport.com/baltimore-ravens-owner-describes-what-lies-ahead-for-ray-lewis/

It's Steelers weekend!!!!!!

How do you all see this one going?

Jah Reid did a fine job in Oakland, he can be our new left guard. :)
    Sorry Bobbie Williams, you're washed up

Prediction time

Ravens 13
    Steelers 10

Yes, as low as that!
    Nervous, tight and edgy. AFC North football!

Ray Rice with 1 TD following a monster block by Leach, best fullback in the league!

Tucker, the kicker with the most swagger in the league :cool: gets two FG's

Ravens passing offense is pathetic all game until Boldin shows some leadership in the 3rd quarter. He steps up when things look bad

Ike Taylor to lock down Torrey Smith, sorry but he's a quality cornerback

Heath Miller will score 1 TD, Ravens has a serious problem with TE's in the middle of the field :(

Leftwich will be sacked 6, yes 6 times :pac:

Suggs will get player of the game with 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 batted down passes and 2 tackles for loss.
    He eats quarterbacks for a living :D

Casual fans will look on and say 13-10 pathetic game but those of us who love the AFC North would not have it any other way ;)

We know there is nothing greater then well executed sacks, brutal hits and furious defense :eek:

No Big Ben for the Steelers so that can only be good news from a Ravens point of view.
    Will not get to see the game tonight as I am up early in the morning.
    I think the Ravens have a great chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement