Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options
  • 17-03-2015 10:45am

Shiny new thread \o/

I know how much ye all love rules so I've put them in a safe place here.

Go forth and be annoyed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Shiny new thread \o/

I know how much ye all love rules so I've put them in a safe place here.

Go forth and be annoyed!

TA'd that your link doesn't work! ("Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator")

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    TA'd that your link doesn't work! ("Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator")

whoooooosh

*shakes fist angrily at woops*

Don't know what ye are talking about

>.>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Whoever writes the timetables on behalf of Bus Éireann deserves a nomination for the Pulitzer Prize for fiction writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My trivial annoyance for the day, is that my husband promised me a breakfast roll and now he's cooking me breakfast instead. He thinks this is even better :(

I just realised how ungrateful that was, god what is wrong with me? He's doing something nice! I'm no longer annoyed! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

TA'd that my insect bites are so itchy and no matter what I put on them, Antihisan, After bite, even taking Piriton only takes the itch away for a little while.:(

Lapin wrote: »
    Whoever writes the timetables on behalf of Bus Éireann deserves a nomination for the Pulitzer Prize for fiction writing.

Don't even get me started on those so called 'real time' signs at bus stops.:mad:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

My dishwasher tablet got stuck and now the stuff isn't clean and there's soggy tablet mess on some of the plates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I just put on a wash and emptied my housemates washing into the washing basket/crate thing we have. However, I just realised that he forgot to turn on the washing machine and I just handled all his dirty jocks :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that someone promised to visit us at 9:30. Still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TA that someone promised to visit us at 9:30. Still waiting.
    Dont you just hate that..some people are such bad time keepers..Id text them and tell them to forget it now as youre heading to the pub/parade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

When you're halfway down the stairs and remember that you meant to bring something down with you. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Relaxed, feet up, iPad, and coffee.
    Put on hand cream, way too much, and couldn't pick anything up, or get near a box of tissues to wipe off some of it. Had to wait for it to dry. T/A'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Don't even get me started on those so called 'real time' signs at bus stops.:mad:

"4 mins"
    *3 mins later*
    "4 mins"
    "3 mins"
    finally!
    "4 mins"
    "20 mins"
    oh **** this im walking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Was going to do a bit of painting outside, windows and entrance walls, but it looks like it'll rain. Ah well, I'll have to sit down and watch the telly for the afternoon so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Something that has annoyed me (and probably others) for thirty odd years now is something I am afflicted with.

Colour blindness.

I've went though life constantly mistaking brown for red and red for brown (snooker, love it, but keep having to track the brown ball so as not to give my opponent 4points for a foul is areal pita) . Blues and greens are also quite iffy for me (my wife gets good milage from it though). Navy and blacks I also can't tell the difference in.

Apparently I'm crap at choosing shirt colours too as they always tend to 'clash' according to my better half.

Lots of jobs have been out of reach for me, electrician and pilot to begin with and I cannot really be involved in choosing colour schemes for the house (painters just actually finished in our house) the only input I had was wanting the front door black.

I don't see in black and white, I just see colours differently from what non colour blind people see, and in fact I once even had a lecturer in college argue with me that (despite numerous colour blind tests) I wasn't colour blind, but I "just hadn't learned my colours" :confused:

What's most amusing about being colour blind though is when you're explaining to people that you're colour blind is roughly 90% of them will point at a random object and ask "what colours that?"

Michael D speaking Irish at the parade. Yes, it's Paddys day, yes Irish is the native language, but no, most of the country doesn't speak it so most of us have no idea what he's saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've been wasting the morning watching programmes like Criminal Minds, SVU, Criminal Intent. On these programmes, when the cops break into an apartment or house looking for a suspect, why do the always have to use their torches for the first few minutes? Eh, there's a light switch just inside the door which will help to see the full set up straight away, and will give the suspect less time to hide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

When your wifi keeps stopping working and you've to rely on the 02 network while living in the backarae of nowhere :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Michael D speaking Irish at the parade. Yes, it's Paddys day, yes Irish is the native language, but no, most of the country doesn't speak it so most of us have no idea what he's saying.

Would it make much difference if you did know what he's saying?

Its only Paddy's day guff anyway. He's not declaring war on France.

Is he :confused:

Lapin wrote: »
    Would it make much difference if you did know what he's saying?

Its only Paddy's day guff anyway. He's not declaring war on France.

Is he :confused:

No, he's not declaring war on France, then again neither was Enda when he so rudely used the Irish language to score points against the Mick 'the hippie' Wallace in the Dail during the week. The point remains that the man is a paid representative of the electorate, the least he could do is speak in a language we can all understand. Maybe Kevin could translate for us.;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My bfs unsociable job :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    My bfs unsociable job :(

Chef?

1. The parade passes close to our house so the street has just become an undesignated car park for the day.

2. Some fcukwit has put their dog out in the back garden and with all the noise of the parade the poor thing is barking it's head off. Annoyed by the incessant barking but more annoyed that they've put the dog out in all the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that I am watching Monsters inc for the 15th time this year.
    At least it is not Peppa pig I suppose....but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Gwynplaine wrote:
    Chef?

Farmer! Can't plan holidays, can't take a random day off, can't celebrate any day without some form of work! Ah well could be worse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

When you're walking down the street and there's someone in front of you, and out of nowhere they suddenly just STOP walking... and you almost collide into them... or have to walk round them...

If you're gonna randomly stop walking in the street, can you not just stop first and turn round and see if there's anyone behind you? feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Someone in my estate keeps leaving little bin bags full of dog sh1t on the footpaths, drives me crazy! Why go through the trouble of picking it up in a bag, only to then leave the bag behind or put it on someone's wall?! What do they think is going to happen with the bag?

Also TA that I forgot to buy bread for lunches tomorrow and I don't know if the shop down the road is open today. :( can't be bothered to walk there only to find it closed.

• Advertisement

The AA ad with the car broke down in the desert. Two different shots show the car is left hand drive, then right hand drive. Also, that model of car hasn't been made since 2002, but the car has a 2011 number plate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement