Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta taking over my relationship!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

GMCED wrote: »
    Haha that was tried, he said ' I've 20 mins before a heist lets go upstairs! 👊men

Christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nothing beat's using the hookers services and then killing them to get your investment back

Yeah, but what about playing gta?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GMCED

Christ....

Exactly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Umm, just get another television?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Haha that was tried, he said ' I've 20 mins before a heist lets go upstairs! 👊men

Wait. He turned down stockings and suspenders for a freakin' games console? :eek:

Sh1t just got real, real fast! Nothing for it OP but to get your ass down to a Hardware store in the morning and pick yourself up a sledgehammer, that PS4's gotta go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Buy another PS4 and a cheap monitor that accepts a HDMI connection. Get your own copy of the game. Continually join the server he's on. Kill him. Over and over. Eventually he'll stop playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GMCED

Buy another PS4 and a cheap monitor that accepts a HDMI connection. Get your own copy of the game. Continually join the server he's on. Kill him. Over and over. Eventually he'll stop playing.

I like ur way of thinking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

What's the hubby's psn name he can join the brd's crew. most of us are on nearly every nite a great bunch of lads never on too late and great way of getting to know people from different parts of the country. conversation is intellectual and intriguing and we do interesting and fun activities. my girlfriend swears by it she gets few hours to enjoy looking at online shopping and looking up holls and girlie stuff like so. while I chat and have fun with the lads great way to unwind after a hard day.Plus having few hours 2-3 days during the week to play makes me appreciate her more.Win win on both parties Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

It's a fact of life that GTA is better than any relationship. Effectively, all partners are redundant. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm a stay at home mummy :(
    pharmaton wrote: »
    Have an emotional affair with somebody you work with, fixed. As a bonus you won't really want to watch much tv.

I'm free for affairs. Don't be shy other women have called it liberating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

This happened to me. My advice :D get yourself a console and a tv and game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Reminds me of that dad in China who actually paid people to kill his son in-game. :D

http://kotaku.com/5972406/father-hires-in-game-hitmen-to-deter-son-from-playing

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Stockings and suspenders will have him putting down the controller very quickly...and he'll have already warmed the couch

Yes he is turning into a kid, so get them boobies out, kids love boobies.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hell yeh! What about my soaps?! Lol, ah no, we've kids too there missing out on daddy time!
    Get them all GTA. GTA family LAN?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If it's an online game you could hire someone to kill him every time he respawns.

or put jam on the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Continually join the server he's on. Kill him. Over and over. Eventually he'll stop playing.

It'll be like the plot of Inception with a few changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Nothing beat's using the hookers services and then killing them to get your investment back

Indeed! What's GTA by the way?

Indeed! What's GTA by the way?

Grand Theft Auto is an action-adventure video game series created by David Jones and Mike Dailly the later titles of which were created by brothers Dan and Sam Houser, Leslie Benzies and Aaron Garbut. It is primarily developed by Rockstar North (formerly DMA Design), and published by Rockstar Games. The name of the series is derived from a term referring to motor vehicle theft.

Most games in the series are set in fictional locales modelled on American cities, usually either Liberty City, Vice City, or San Andreas, which are stand-ins for New York City, Miami, and Southern California, respectively. The first 2D titles encompassed three fictional cities, while 3D and HD titles tend to emphasise a single city and its outlying areas. Gameplay focuses on an open world where the player can choose missions to progress an overall story, as well as engaging in side activities, all consisting of action-adventure, driving, third-person shooting, occasional role-playing, stealth, and racing elements. The series also has elements of the earlier beat 'em up games from the 16-bit era. The series has gained controversy for its adult nature and violent themes. The series focuses around many different protagonists who attempt to rise through the ranks of the criminal underworld, although their motives for doing so vary in each game. The antagonists are commonly characters who have betrayed the protagonist or his organisation, or characters who have the most impact impeding the protagonist's progress.

Video game developer DMA Design began the series in 1997; as of 2014 it has eleven stand-alone games and four expansion packs. The third chronological title, Grand Theft Auto III, was widely acclaimed, as it brought the series to a 3D setting and more immersive experience, and is considered a landmark title that has subsequently influenced many other open world action games and led to the label "Grand Theft Auto clone" on similar games. Subsequent titles would follow and build upon the concept established in Grand Theft Auto III. Film and music veterans have voiced characters, including Ray Liotta, Burt Reynolds, Dennis Hopper, Samuel L. Jackson, Debbie Harry, Phil Collins, Axl Rose, and Peter Fonda.The series has been critically acclaimed and commercially successful, having sold more than 150 million units, as of September 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Farty88 wrote: »
    Grand Theft Auto is an action-adventure video game series created by David Jones and Mike Dailly the later titles of which were created by brothers Dan and Sam Houser, Leslie Benzies and Aaron Garbut. It is primarily developed by Rockstar North (formerly DMA Design), and published by Rockstar Games. The name of the series is derived from a term referring to motor vehicle theft.

Most games in the series are set in fictional locales modelled on American cities, usually either Liberty City, Vice City, or San Andreas, which are stand-ins for New York City, Miami, and Southern California, respectively. The first 2D titles encompassed three fictional cities, while 3D and HD titles tend to emphasise a single city and its outlying areas. Gameplay focuses on an open world where the player can choose missions to progress an overall story, as well as engaging in side activities, all consisting of action-adventure, driving, third-person shooting, occasional role-playing, stealth, and racing elements. The series also has elements of the earlier beat 'em up games from the 16-bit era. The series has gained controversy for its adult nature and violent themes. The series focuses around many different protagonists who attempt to rise through the ranks of the criminal underworld, although their motives for doing so vary in each game. The antagonists are commonly characters who have betrayed the protagonist or his organisation, or characters who have the most impact impeding the protagonist's progress.

Video game developer DMA Design began the series in 1997; as of 2014 it has eleven stand-alone games and four expansion packs. The third chronological title, Grand Theft Auto III, was widely acclaimed, as it brought the series to a 3D setting and more immersive experience, and is considered a landmark title that has subsequently influenced many other open world action games and led to the label "Grand Theft Auto clone" on similar games. Subsequent titles would follow and build upon the concept established in Grand Theft Auto III. Film and music veterans have voiced characters, including Ray Liotta, Burt Reynolds, Dennis Hopper, Samuel L. Jackson, Debbie Harry, Phil Collins, Axl Rose, and Peter Fonda.The series has been critically acclaimed and commercially successful, having sold more than 150 million units, as of September 2013.

I realise most of my jokes aren't funny but surely they're not hard to get?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Get another PS4 and play with him. I'm not joking either.

Stand between the Controller and the PS4, block off the Bluetooth.

Failing that, drive a garbage truck in the front window proclaiming his cajones are yours now.

I don't think you know how Bluetooth works.

• Advertisement

I realise most of my jokes aren't funny but surely they're not hard to get?

We're both on the same page :D I knew all along April fools :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

That game is old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Damien360 wrote: »
    Buy another TV. Set a game time (just like with kids) of 2 hours.

I set this limit on myself or I would never go to bed. :)

Buy another TV set and after his allotted time keep talking to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Now I know how my wife feels.

I won't go on it for long today so, I might just go on and do my dailys! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Always loved his games, but I'm hoping this new ps4 is just a phase, spends all his spare time on it! I never had a problem with it before!

If you make it a choice between you and the PS4, the PS4 will win. You've been warned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Ok folks on a moan here, my husband recently got ps4 and plays gta... I don't get a look in a the the TV anymore, all our latest arguments are over the ps, it's really starting to piss me off!!

Put a couple of quid into a piggy bank, save up and get a decent flat screen TV, a better one than you already have, and purchase it for him, turf him into the spare room, and there you are, both are happy

None of this time limit toss.He ain't a child. If he doesn't want to spend quality time after a hard days work, maybe there is something wrong, with you? (tongue in cheek there)

Seriously though, it's not like the soaps are doing you any good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If the issue is the TV then why not get him a PS Vita? He can then do remote-play from the PS4 onto that and play GTA whilst you sit next to him watching Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If the issue is the TV then why not get him a PS Vita? He can then do remote-play from the PS4 onto that and play GTA whilst you sit next to him watching Corrie.

Don't do this. Vita is only so-so for remote play online.
    Buy a 2nd TV, they are cheaper :P
    So cheap that they are like €100 2nd hand for a decent one, no excuses really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

Beefy78 wrote: »

Something tells me that whatever issues their relationship has, they won't be solved by sitting at opposite ends of the house burried in glowing screens.

What the OP needs to do is go completely Trevor on his ass, of course she's gonna have to play GTA5 to know what that is.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

spanish fly

Advertisement