Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta taking over my relationship!

Options
  • 31-03-2015 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Ok folks on a moan here, my husband recently got ps4 and plays gta... I don't get a look in a the the TV anymore, all our latest arguments are over the ps, it's really starting to piss me off!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Why haven't you brought him a cold beer and a sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Simple solution to your problem.

1) Get some cash, a lot of it.
    2) Build an amazing gaming PC with a 4k monitor.
    3) Install Steam and pre-order GTA V for PC.
    4) Play it when it's out in a few weeks.
    5) Watch him cry in peasantry as your glorious master race gaming PC absolutely decimates his PS4.
    6) Dump him and keep playing GTA V on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

Nothing beat's using the hookers services and then killing them to get your investment back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Damien360

Buy another TV. Set a game time (just like with kids) of 2 hours.

I set this limit on myself or I would never go to bed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Put a child lock on the console. He gets 2 hours after washing up and 3 hours on Saturdays.

edit lol Damian had same idea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Nothing beat's killing hookers

all dat bull shark testosterone

I'm more of a drug wars man myself.

Officer hard ass and I have had a few ding dongs over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Scratch the disc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Stand between the Controller and the PS4, block off the Bluetooth.

Failing that, drive a garbage truck in the front window proclaiming his cajones are yours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GMCED wrote: »
    Ok folks on a moan here, my husband recently got ps4 and plays gta... I don't get a look in a the the TV anymore, all our latest arguments are over the ps, it's really starting to piss me off!!

Has he just recently turned into a manchild?
    If not, then you know what you were signing up for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 GMCED

Scratch the disc

Not looking for a divorce lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

This.

There's an easy way or a hard way..your call :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Has he just recently turned into a manchild?
    If not, then you know what you were signing up for.

Always loved his games, but I'm hoping this new ps4 is just a phase, spends all his spare time on it! I never had a problem with it before!

He doesn't like to drink! I have a drink watching him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Drive over him with your car and take his wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

So the problem really isn't that the arguments are caused by your husband spending all his free time playing games; your problem is that he's hogging the tv?

Least you have your priorities in order :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I agree with the building of a gaming machine and ordering GTA V.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Burn the house down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Get some games you can both play together?

Girlfriend and I played Borderlands 2, Payday 2 and some other stuff together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Have an emotional affair with somebody you work with, fixed. As a bonus you won't really want to watch much tv.

• Advertisement

So the problem really isn't that the arguments are caused by your husband spending all his free time playing games; your problem is that he's hogging the tv?

Least you have your priorities in order :pac:[/

Least you have your priorities in order :pac:[/

Hell yeh! What about my soaps?! Lol, ah no, we've kids too there missing out on daddy time!

pharmaton wrote: »
    Have an emotional affair with somebody you work with, fixed. As a bonus you won't really want to watch much tv.

I'm a stay at home mummy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

It's best to try to speak with him when he's not playing (if that actually happens!!) like at breakfast/after a morning shower when he might be more refreshed. Unfortunately interrupting the game will almost certainly cause tension. Evening fights are the worst.

Be prepared and be calm. Don't immediately bring up the PS, instead mention the TV. It's a shared TV and you both should get a look in. That way he won't feel his precious console is threatened. Maybe try to agree on a timeframe when the TV is yours, even if you decide to turn it off for that period.

Ultimately, if he wants to play so badly then he should get his own television. Do ye have a spare room? For the playstation, not him (presumably)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Stockings and suspenders will have him putting down the controller very quickly...and he'll have already warmed the couch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Try postman, delivery guy, local shop worker/stores person. Failing that, join some clubs, library, find new hobbies and things that might get you out of the house, keep fit classes or something that provides access to a "personal" trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mummy. *shudders

Stockings and suspenders will have him putting down the controller very quickly...and he'll have already warmed the couch

Haha that was tried, he said ' I've 20 mins before a heist lets go upstairs! 👊men

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The PS4 is the one thing in the house that's mine, you simply just don't feck with a mans PS4....

My missus is sitting beside me playing Destiny on my PS4... ;(

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Mummy. *shudders

🙈🙉

Advertisement