Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Would it not be better if we PM'd you this week with our weight, and then from next week we PM you with our losses? It means it would all get kicked off a week quicker! (Sorry I'm not trying to take over or anything, just a suggestion!)
    i was just trying to give everyone a chance to be in from the first week. Some might only come on here once/twice a week and mightened have seen the league thingy yet

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    2.25 LBS down! that 4.75LBS in 2 weeks, 2 weeks during which I haent been able to excersise at all!!!

I have now officially lost 2 Stone in 14weeks!!!!:cool:

0nly .8 away from nolonger being rated obese on the BMI scale :D

I love this game!

thats awesome well done you :), can't wait to get to thats stage, have a long road ahead of me, but beginning to see light at the end of the tunnell

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

i was just trying to give everyone a chance to be in from the first week. Some might only come on here once/twice a week and mightened have seen the league thingy yet

Oh yeah, good point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

Hey there all, I'd love to join the league as well!

Basically I'm a girl who weighed in at an incredibly horrible 18st 3 and I've managed to lose 5 stone so far (since Aug 09) with healthy eating (used to have a food diary and stuff)!

I need a bit of a kick start though to see bigger losses more consistently as I want to lose another 4 stone (to get me to 8st 11) and WW Pro Points seemed the right way to go!

I previously lost a good deal of weight on WW before being stupid with food and putting on a ton of weight so I'm determined to do things right while I'm still young and in my 20's!

So can't wait to get my WW home pack in the post and start!

So at the moment I'm 12st 10ish...look forward to joining the league with you all!:)

Tmeos wrote: »
    Well to be fair only about 2 stone is baby weight, the rest is Christmas 2010 weight, Christmas 2011 weight, holiday weight, general being a greedy pig weight. Can't use the poor baby to explain it all, it does feel great to be doing something about it though

Sure dont i know it, i think firstly being unemployed, then in a job a hated lead to alot of my weight gain, eating out of pure boredom, my daughter was only a small percentage of it. your right it feels great to finally have my head around losing weight for my self-esteem and my health :)

• Advertisement

the follwoing people are interested so far:

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat[/QUOTE]

Put me down too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

2fat wrote: »
    had to put down on my ticker i lost 3lbs instead of 2and a half , anyone know how to do half on keyboard

0.5 or 1/2? Not sure if this is what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Ok figured out how to put half symbol on computer (alt 0189) , but when i update my ticker its not adding half, anyone know how to do this

You've lost me, sorry. Don't know what platform the ticker is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MrsMoneypenny

ok so my nephew is making his holy communion on Saturday and stroganoff is on the menu. I can point the rice but no clue about the main part. So anyone have any idea what sort of points I'll be looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat

Put me down too :)[/QUOTE]

And me!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kashmir wrote: »
    OMG! Adorable....I want one. Although I already have two dogs and a cat, would take one of them in an instant if I was allowed.

lol i have 3 dogs, a cat, a parrot and two budgies already :P haha

SCHOOOOOOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    SCHOOOOOOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!

I'm sure you're relieved. Have a sleep in tomorrow morning & then it's time to enjoy the holidays. Hope the exam went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

hey all, god the feed is moving fast these days!!

was down 2 pounds and delighted!! felt like taking a night off from exercise but then talked myslef into it!! only 5 weeks to hols after all!!

gym again tonight!! now all i need to do is stop my late night munching even if within points or "healthy"....i just looooooove munching!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

fofany wrote: »
    I'm sure you're relieved. Have a sleep in tomorrow morning & then it's time to enjoy the holidays. Hope the exam went well.

i feel like i should still be cramming. i get to stay up late tonight :P no school in the morning.....i'm like a kid! haha!

Just going to relax for few days. not go mad on food.....but just relax with some good food in moderation.

Saturday my game face back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Hiya

Just wanted to share my newest WW friendly recipe.

Lentil curry

Ingredients
    100g red split lentils (8 pp)
    1 Red onion
    2 tsp of curry powder
    i tin tomatoes
    3 cloves of garlic
    i stock cube- chicken (1 pp)

softened onion and garlic in spray oil and drop of water. washed the lentils a good few times. dissolved the stock cube in a litre of water, added this, tomatoes, the lentils, and curry powder to the mix. Let simmer for about 30 mins, had to add a bit of cornflour at the end to thicken.

Overall 3 portions at 3 pp isnt bad and its divine with rice, or im just having it with half a breast of chicken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Lainy I'm so jealous!

Blaaaaaagh I've been eating crap all day.

I'm gonna be out of points at this rate before Saturday (which is going to be a major session).

I'm thinking I might just start again from next week :-/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Put me down too :)

And me!:D[/QUOTE]

Great name!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Woop Woop WI tonight and was down 1.5 :) and am now down 2 stone since joining last november exactly 6 and a half months ago!! :D:D

Got a little stone from my leader which I thought was really cute and a good reminder/motivation to keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

we're doing a bit of a 'league' thingy, starting from tomorrow, if you're interested, just have a look thru som e previuos post.

I personally find this kinda thing very motivating

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat

I'm in for joining too!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

newbee22 wrote: »
    I'm in for joining too!

can I join too please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

24 peeps have confirmed they are interested in the 'league'!!:eek:
    I had allowed for 30slots on my spreadsheet :rolleyes:, I might expand it a bit:D

How to join WW 'League'
    • PM me your current WW WI weight(not your WW starting weight) before midnight Fri (starting from Sat 14/05) if you want to take part in the 'League'
    • Continue to PM me your weight every week
    • I will post the results on a weekly basis(Sun or Mon), this will contain the number of weeks since you joined the league, weekly % lost, overall % lost(since joining the league)
    • if you miss a week, i'll use your previous weeks weight (i.e. you will show as 0% lost)
    • Anyone can join at any stage.

Whoop down 1.5 so that cancels out my gain last week of 1.5 and I'm back on track, defo need to increase the exercise again, keep bread and biscuits to a minimum. Stocked up in some low PP goodies there, skips, readybreak, Jaffa cakes, dunnes waffles, stuffed mushrooms. Ready to go!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Great news lil KC I knew that gain would come off quick! Well done & fair play to you on sticking with it this week, stocking up on low pp snacks & thinking ahead! :)

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Great news lil KC I knew that gain would come off quick! Well done & fair play to you on sticking with it this week, stocking up on low pp snacks & thinking ahead! :)

Ah thanks Kay, I was a bit negative last week, have to just realise that there will be gains some weeks and that is natural on 'the journey'! I was acting like I had gained all the weight I lost! :rolleyes:

First weigh in = -2.5

Im happy with that considering i cheated twice so i figure if i stop messin about and stick to it , then the loses will be greater and the benefits:D

Congrats on your loss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Wohoo!Down 4!Finally the kick I needed!:D

ShindyB wrote: »
    Wohoo!Down 4!Finally the kick I needed!:D

well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mollyban2

Hi all. i've been following this thread since Jan, I find it very motivating (especially Lady lainey - thank-you!) I'd also like to join the league. I'm currently weighing in at 15st6, down from 16st13 since january. Its a bit slower than I'd like but to be fair I'm not killing myself either and have taken a few nights "off" from pointing. I think the league is a great idea.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

Thats great, thanks so much :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

mollyban2 wrote: »
    Hi all. i've been following this thread since Jan, I find it very motivating (especially Lady lainey - thank-you!) I'd also like to join the league. I'm currently weighing in at 15st6, down from 16st13 since january. Its a bit slower than I'd like but to be fair I'm not killing myself either and have taken a few nights "off" from pointing. I think the league is a great idea.:)

Its sooo cheesy but...slow and steady wins the race. The slower it comes off the more chance you have of it staying off. My average weightloss over the last 10 weeks is 1.7lbs a week and that is perfect for me. I can see it moving and the last thing I want is to have dropped a load of weight in 4 or 5 months and then put it all back on 4 or 5 months later. You're doing brilliantly, keep at it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement