Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Congrats on all the losses everyone great to read & welcome to all the newbies :)

To all the exam ppl best of luck with the last few exams & don't stress about what you ate/ binged on you gotta do what you gotta do when studying!

So WI tomorrow & I'm hoping for a loss I had a sneaky look this morn & it looks good! Only prob is I've had strep throat all wk so not really had much of an appetite but I've almost forced myself to eat my daily points each day so I don't end up with a false loss! I made a rather scrummy chicken veg & rice soup last night to do yest today & prob tomorrow too I put 200g of wild & basmati rice in & with all the nummy chicken veggies, ginger garlic & herbs was really tasty, delish & the first soup I've eaten in 5 months which has pp in it! God how I live chicken soup when sick!! ;)

Anyway just wanted to say hi I've been lurking & thumbs upping all wk but not had alot to say, best of luck with WI today ppl & no matter the result don't lose heart! Remember we can do it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Right my 'holiday' is over! I've been really bad for the last week or so, not tracking,planning etc. So I'm back as and from today. I didn't make my meeting this week due to my graduation, but I might weigh in down at the chemist to see what damage there is.

Flurry wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know the pp values for any of the M&S's fuller for longer range?

I have exams coming up, so will be short on time some evenings, so I thinking of getting a couple of ready meals in, so that I am not tempted to eat something even worse.

Would the Fuller For Longer range be the best idea points-wise? I tried one or two ww meals before and found I was hungry shortly afterwards, so was hoping the F-F-Longer range might be better?

Hi ;) I wouldn't say any ready meals are great BUT when you're under exam stress & in need of a quick dinner & as long as it's an odd time I'd say they'll be okay. I've had some of this range & I personally find it better than the M&S count on us range - I find all the WW ready meals bleugh! I've not pointed the full range but what I have had from the 'stay fuller gor longer range which is tasty & filling is...

Steak, mushroom & mash pie 11pp - really big tasty portion & if bulked out with lots of green veg is really tasty & filling

Thai green chicken curry with rice & veg 10pp

Thai massaman Chicken curry with rice 12pp

Thai Red chicken curry with rice 13pp

To be honest I'd only go for the pie or the Thai green curry again best value pp wise & very tasy too. I get the curry rather than making my own which I love because even my own recipe tweaked is way to high in pp & if I had a massive pan of it, it would be so easy to Pick!

I'm not sure if you like fish? But alot of the M&S lightly dusted fish (cod, haddock etc) is 4-5pp per piece & you can freeze & cook from frozen for 18mins in oven & is a handy standby dinner with salad or spuds & veg Just make sure it's lightly dusted not battered! The seeded dusted ones are nice too & are usually 1 pp more.

also there are lovely Thai fish cakes in one of the ranges (can't for the life of me remember the name of it though?? Finest or something??) whole range is in White boxes with either red, green or a blue coloured box with the txt of the name in it at the front) The range has lamb, chicken, beef, fish & veggie options.

Anyway half of the pack of Thai fish cakes is 6pp which is one fish cake & half a pack of delish soy, honey chilli glaze & with some M&S medium nest noodles (2 pp make sure medium though fine ones are way higher!) & lots of free stirfried veg is a tasty filling dinner for 8-9 pp ( I allow 1pp for oil to fry fish cake & stir fry veg)

Anyway hope that helps? & best of luck with the study & exams! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hi eveyone...
    Im going to a communion sunday and im looking for some ideas for something to bring with me, im doing a mars bar cake for desert (5pp per slice) but need something finger food type or dish (low in pp) was thinking quiche but any other ideas.. Thanks:)...

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Raaaah what is it about exams that give you such a appitite....fecking hell!

Thank god there over tomorrow...From this saturday (wi day) going to get my act together.

Exercise 3 days cardio, 2 days weights, 2 days rest
    get back to the Wii Sports

And i think of getting a new puppy! So he'll keep me busy! toilet training, lead training, and maybe enter a few shows :) and he's from a great breeder so he may actually WIN! :D Little Red Setter...

If the date goes well... i'll talk him into taking me up to Laois in a few weeks to see the pups

Dont have any holidays planned for the year....so the last few weeks has been kinda semi holiday from ww rules...like i'm eating healthy....just eating HUGE amounts of healthy foods LMAO

http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=6226589&ad=2118289

OMG the puppies look adorable:D... I love doggies have a little Jack Russell myself Cassie she is 12 this year and my baby we bred from her a few times and i miss the puppies around the place.. So cute:D

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    Right my 'holiday' is over! I've been really bad for the last week or so, not tracking,planning etc. So I'm back as and from today. I didn't make my meeting this week due to my graduation, but I might weigh in down at the chemist to see what damage there is.

Welcome back m'lady & no matter what the scales says I'm sure the week off did you the power of good, you'll be mentally in the right place now to jump on the wagon & stay motivated! Congrats on Your graduation :) I hope you had fun celebrating?!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

I would be interested in joining the league too!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Flurry wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know the pp values for any of the M&S's fuller for longer range?

I have exams coming up, so will be short on time some evenings, so I thinking of getting a couple of ready meals in, so that I am not tempted to eat something even worse.

Would the Fuller For Longer range be the best idea points-wise? I tried one or two ww meals before and found I was hungry shortly afterwards, so was hoping the F-F-Longer range might be better?

Best thing is to bring your chart or calculator with you. I like the Count on Us range as the PP value is on the back and there are some lovely dishes if you're in a rush, MUCH better than the WW ready-meals, but the Fuller for Longer has a much better range...I just rarely buy them because usually forget to bring my calculator in with me and don't want to risk buying something and then bringing it home to find it's about 20pp!!
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    we're doing a bit of a 'league' thingy, starting from tomorrow, if you're interested, just have a look thru som e previuos post.

I personally find this kinda thing very motivating

the follwoing people are interested so far:

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat

Count me in! Do we PM you this week? And do we send you our starting weight from this week and how much we lost, or our starting weight from when we started?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

good few interested in my proposal, I'll start building a fancy excel sheet ;)...

I propose:
    • people send me their weekly weight figure prior to Saturday.
    • I'll use 00:00 saturday as the cut-off point(i.e. friday is last day of one week, saturday is the start of the next), any weights that come in after this will be used for the next week.
    • if you miss a week, I'll use your previous weeks weight (i.e. you will show as 0.00% lost for the week in question), but you will still be in the league
    • newbies are free to join at any time
    • I will post No.Weeks active(how long are you in our little league), % lost that week. % lost since joining the league.
    • To give people a chance to join from the start, cut off for the first weigh-in figures is midnight Fri 21/05/2011(so your WI weight between this saturday and friday week)
    Hope everyone thinks this is fair

I think its a really good idea, I would love to do it but am nearly at goal and its taking me WEEKS to get there so I would STS every week. Fair play to you though taking it on, I'd crack keeping track of everyone elses progress :)

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Welcome back m'lady & no matter what the scales says I'm sure the week off did you the power of good, you'll be mentally in the right place now to jump on the wagon & stay motivated! Congrats on Your graduation :) I hope you had fun celebrating?!! ;)

Thanks Kay, I am more annoyed with myself than anything. I actually didn't eat that much, but just didn't track,plan, drink water or go to the gym! Didn't even celebrate graduation, it was a long time coming, and due to them messing us around it wasn't much of a celebration! I only went cos I wanted a pic of me in my cap and gown!

I hope I'm not up too much, I don't think I really am to be honest. I'm just more annoyed at myself for going off track, as I'm just afraid I'll just give up altogether, and that wouldn't be good. I keep reminding myself how good I feel with 13lbs off, what will it be like with more off etc . God I sound like a nut job there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Count me in! Do we PM you this week? And do we send you our starting weight from this week and how much we lost, or our starting weight from when we started?

Too all those interested in the 'league, PM me your WI figures for next week, i.e. between saturday and next friday.

The first time someone sends me their current WI weight that weight will be used as their starting weight for the league

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Too all those interested in the 'league, PM me your WI figures for next week, i.e. between saturday and next friday.

The first time someone sends me their current WI weight that weight will be used as their starting weight for the league

So next week we send you our weight we are before WI and then how much we've lost? Sorry, I'm so dense :o lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So next week we send you our weight we are before WI and then how much we've lost? Sorry, I'm so dense :o lol

no just give me you WI weight next week, and every week after that, Ill calculate the losses and convert them to %s:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

I'd love to join the league too :-)

With regards to the 'count on us' range, do they not have the point value on the back? I'm almost certain they do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

First weigh in = -2.5

Im happy with that considering i cheated twice so i figure if i stop messin about and stick to it , then the loses will be greater and the benefits:D

2fat wrote: »
    First weigh in = -2.5

Im happy with that considering i cheated twice so i figure if i stop messin about and stick to it , then the loses will be greater and the benefits:D

Well done! That's a great loss. I'd kill for that loss right now lol.

anyone have a pp recipe for quiche??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

we're doing a bit of a 'league' thingy, starting from tomorrow, if you're interested, just have a look thru som e previuos post.

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat

Can you count me in on that aswell? Thanks- will PM my details later J :)

Well done! That's a great loss. I'd kill for that loss right now lol.

thanks , do ya know how to put a half on the computer

• Advertisement

had to put down on my ticker i lost 3lbs instead of 2and a half , anyone know how to do half on keyboard

With regards to the 'count on us' range, do they not have the point value on the back? I'm almost certain they do..

Yep they do indeed some have the pp value & some have the old points on them - a bit like WW products not all having pp on them. The only thing I would say here is that I pointed some products on the COU range on my electronic WW calculator & got slightly different results - only 1pp in the difference but something to be mindful of.

The fuller for longer range doesn't have the pp on them though.

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat

Hi do ya know how to add half pounds on your ticker. I know how to update it but its not reading the half

Ok figured out how to put half symbol on computer (alt 0189) , but when i update my ticker its not adding half, anyone know how to do this

Thanks Kay, I am more annoyed with myself than anything. I actually didn't eat that much, but just didn't track,plan, drink water or go to the gym! Didn't even celebrate graduation, it was a long time coming, and due to them messing us around it wasn't much of a celebration! I only went cos I wanted a pic of me in my cap and gown!

I hope I'm not up too much, I don't think I really am to be honest. I'm just more annoyed at myself for going off track, as I'm just afraid I'll just give up altogether, and that wouldn't be good. I keep reminding myself how good I feel with 13lbs off, what will it be like with more off etc . God I sound like a nut job there!

Aww m'lady bummer about graduation but at least you got that picture - I didn't go to any of mine! ( I had 2 & my mum is still pi**ed at me for it!!)

Don't be mad with yourself mentally you needed the break from tracking, I doubt you've put on any actual weight you probably made good decisions from pure habit now, possibly you might look like you have a gain due to fluid retention if you've not drank alot of water? Your body will have gotten used to all the chugging so if the scales look like a gain don't stress out it'll come off really quickly again if it's water weight! For the record I don't think you will have a gain! I'm just putting it 'out there' based on what you said :)

You are so right though having the 13lb off is a major achievement & it feels so good not carrying the extra around, I also think what the hell could I have put on in the last few mths if I'd have not done WW, so it's not just what you've lost, it's also the potential for a gain & the difference in our choices & how we feel about ourselves now! :)

Best of luck & you can do it - you ARE already doing it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

2fat wrote: »
    Hi do ya know how to add half pounds on your ticker. I know how to update it but its not reading the half

It depends on what format you have it in, but mine has starting weight, current weight and then it shows the loss, just put in the info, as in your current weight will be something.5 if you started on a full lb.

Am I making sense? and well done :)

Fully regretting the chipper, I went to bed feeling so full and icky.

My ready brek is in the microwave for breakfast, and thinking of 0pp soup and a wrap for lunch today.

Chicken pasta bake for dinner this evening.

Now I have to stop myself picking between meals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey everyone, have a week off from work, so haven't been near the computer. Keeping up too date with the thread through the phone but it's really awkward to post from.

Was down 2lbs at WI last night (that's over two weeks as I missed WI last wk). really happy with that coz I haven't been eating very much over the last week. Half afraid to eat incase it flares up the gallstones or whatever it is that's causing the pain and on the other hand I just don't know what to cook.
    My doc recommended high fiber, low fat but my OH can't have fiber, :confused: so I just don't know what to cook!

@Lady Lainy...congrats on the date! I love that first date feeling :D, even tho we're together five years, every so often we'll have a little dinner and cinema date.
    Best of luck with the dog grooming business, if I was near Cork, I would definately be taking my two to you, I can't handle all the hair!!!
    Things are definately going in the right direction for you, and I'm so happy for you. I think you really deserve it.

@m'lady....good luck with your WI. Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think. I think we all need to fall off the wagon to refocus ourselves, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Good luck with the "league thingy". I'm in two minds whether to join or not. I think I'm uncomfortable with the league references, even tho I know it's not a competition. But I think personally, if I seen my name at the bottom of the table, it might just demotivate me even more.
    Maybe I'll get the health stuff sorted first, and if it's ok I might join in with the rest of ye in a few weeks.
    Good luck with it tho, and fair play to you for taking it on :pac:

Okay I'm a rabid poster today so apologies & also this one is going to be a bit TMI for some!

But can I ask is it a by product of WW or a change in our diets that are causing us to ' be backed up' to steal Lainey's polite way of putting it?? I've experienced it occasionally before But never ususlly longer than a day or two but in the last wk it's been a major problem no movement since Saturday & even then it had been a prob for 3 days before that. ( I'm soooo sorry for sharing that info!) its Extremely uncomfortable & causing pain so i got Dupolex (sp??) Which Kildareash posted about a while ago & that has helped. I'm beginning to think that it's actually too much fibre that's causing the problem ??? I eat alot of veg & fruit & brown rice pasta & of course porridge :confused:

I'm getting a bit concerned & don't know if I should talk to my Dr about it I posted it here cos I know at least 4 ladies here have had similar problems. And I want to know is this an ongoing problem for ppl or a one off or what? I'm beginning to freak myself out thinking it might be more than it actually is or actually a food intolerance or allergy? :(

Again sorry for the TMI aspect of the post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Kay - my leader said the same thing on Tuesday - that a lot of people are experiencing this for that very reason - the high fibre diet.
    She said to be sure you drink lots of water.
    When I was pregnant with my little boy I know that prune juice worked wonders for me and my sister swore by linseed!

• Advertisement

Thanks bubbaloo I'll try both of those ( well the linseed first! I don't want the prob going the other way!) hopefully that will help I don't like the idea of taking a laxative & certainly not on a long term basis! Thanks a mill for replying :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement