Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

And let me add Michael O'Regan as another contributor who tries to hard to be humorous.. Heard him this morning on another show... very similar to Drennon.. same long winded metaphors.. same facetious, jokey tone. Befitting of that description I heard of John Murray a while back .. "Jokey without being funny"

And Mick Clifford was even starting to go the same way, but I think he nipped it in the bud..

Oh Mick, just stop talking... you're making it worse.. I knew immediately by his reaction the other night that the incident did actually happen... He now suddenly remembers... And Shatter is a disgrace as well.. And we have Niall Collins from FF calling for Shatter to resign, when his own Minister for Defence signed a false affidavit against a Shinner yet this was apparently okay with him?

What a embarrassing bunch of fkn clowns, the lot of them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

does wallace remember it now then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

They really do take us for a bunch of idiots.

Maybe we are for continually voting them in.

How Mick Wallace hasnt been pulled over by the fashion police before now is probably the most curious thing..

Good work from Pat Kenny again today.. He's a class act..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

MLOD Alert .... I'm gone :mad:

Mother Goose is in studio again.. :(

Marie Louise O'Dramatic on about flipping shíthouses.

Lapin wrote: »
    Marie Louise O'Dramatic on about flipping shíthouses.

I dont see how she puts the perils of falling in to the swimming pool after a tipple ahead of being shoved in by somebody who sick of listening to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

MLOD is an expert in building standards by the sound of it.

• Advertisement

Dundalk, Cavan, Mullingar, Wexford.

She covered some ground. Some feat for someone with 3 jobs to keep her busy.

Did she say snug or smug?

Is she related to Marie Louise ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Is there a reason why we're supposed to care why this wan is trying to buy a house? Cos I can't see it.

Is there a reason why we're supposed to care why this wan is trying to buy a house? Cos I can't see it.

I couldnt see the point in anything during that interview.

Who was she?

Lapin wrote: »
    I couldnt see the point in anything during that interview.

Who was she?

Seemed a pointless interview IMO .. no idea who she is

Minister Shatter has made his statement and said that the Mick Wallace incident was something that was effectively "brought to his attention" at a recent meeting with the Garda Commissioner... Newstalk are portraying him as this being Shatter pushing it back on to the Guards, that THEY volunteered this information. The statement is being replayed on NT..

I think Alan Shatter has parted ways with his brain..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Minister Shatter has made his statement and said that the Mick Wallace incident was something that was effectively "brought to his attention" at a recent meeting with the Garda Commissioner... Newstalk are portraying him as this being Shatter pushing it back on to the Guards, that THEY volunteered this information. The statement is being replayed on NT..

I think Alan Shatter has parted ways with his brain..
    Alan Shatter's brain resides in a exalted place far above the common brain.

Did I hear Shane Ross TD give the name but also the family home location of the individual whose heating oil was stolen .... surely an invasion of privacy to make a political point!

Now, how did both Shane Ross & Pat Kenny become aware of this private, personal information I wonder :rolleyes:

I really dont see the point in this hero worship for people who go climbing dangerous mountains, risking their own lives (many of whom have families), the lives of the Sherpas and the rescue teams who lives they also risk... and for what? Climbing a mountain..

I think they deserve as much respect as those people who go mountain walking in the snow, get stranded, and inevitably end looking sheepish on the RTE news after being rescued explaining how it "wasnt such a clever idea to go up on a mountain in the snow and wont be doing it again". ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

I really dont see the point in this hero worship for people who go climbing dangerous mountains, risking their own lives (many of whom have families, the lives of the Sherpas and the rescue teams who lives they also risk... and for what? Climbing a mountain..

I think they deserve as much respect as those people who go mountain walking in the snow, get stranded, and inevitably end looking sheepish on the RTE news after being rescued explaining how it "wasnt such a clever idea to go up on a mountain in the snow and wont be doing it again". ..

Mountain climbing is the type of "sport" that people on Pats salary can afford to do. Dont think Ive ever heard of a Deco from Darndale having been the first tracksuit wearing, bareback pony riding Dub to have climbed Everest or K2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

and that music is ear piercing. Pat really should have been born in alabama chewing on a corn stalk banging his banjo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

neris wrote: »
    and that music is ear piercing. Pat really should have been born in alabama chewing on a corn stalk banging his banjo

Its very rare that I hear a tune I like on the PK show.:confused::confused::confused:

Greenman wrote: »
    Its very rare that I hear a tune I like on the PK show.:confused::confused::confused:

tbh, I didnt think it was very good either.. Nice guitar playing, but the singing really wasnt that good. Surprised she chose to continue doing this, it's a tough game, and I dont think she's a strong enough singer..

I really dont see the point in this hero worship for people who go climbing dangerous mountains, risking their own lives (many of whom have families), the lives of the Sherpas and the rescue teams who lives they also risk... and for what? Climbing a mountain..

Absolutely agree .... if there are any heroes it's the Sherpas not these over equipped, publicity seeking ego trippers. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Callan57 wrote: »
    Absolutely agree .... if there are any heroes it's the Sherpas not these over equipped, publicity seeking ego trippers. :cool:
    Why don'tyou just say Pat Falvey??;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The Minister for Corporate Shills doesn't sound too convincing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Jesus, how is she supposed to be informing us if she mixes up use by and best before herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

They rehash this feature on every radio show and newspaper at least 3 times a year.

Survival of the fittest tbh if people haven't figured it out by now.

• Advertisement

Jesus, how is she supposed to be informing us if she mixes up use by and best before herself?

Dreadful as usual.. I mean who doesnt know the meaning of "Best Before" and "Use By" dates... After Tina's report, I'd say a few people are confused now all the same..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement