Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Razmael

9bred4 wrote: »
    40 inch pure steal! Delighted with the impulse buy :P

if you change your mind let me know :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Ive added the 159 gbp 40 inch tv to basket. How do i get it delivered to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Razmael

Corholio wrote: »
    Where can you see it?

Its showing this:

100% Claimed
    Ends in 05h 18m 52s
    You are on the waitlist for this deal
    Learn more

and thats all.

it only shows the first time you click it, join the wait list, in the pop up box that comes up, after that i don't know where to check it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Jeez, there's some junk on offer on the UK site.
    Gaudy costume jewellery, mediocre grooming accessories, and for some reason, creepy plastic animal figurines.

I thought that last year wasn't very good (with the exception of a few items), but this year sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Jeez, there's some junk on offer on the UK site.
    Gaudy costume jewellery, mediocre grooming accessories, and for some reason, creepy plastic animal figurines.

I thought that last year wasn't very good (with the exception of a few items), but this year sucks.

Ye get what you pay for, be it a cheap brand, or an old model.

I've had a search on a load of sites. Noting i fancy.

I'm not an inpulse buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EdragonXX

Amazon Black Friday UK is always terrible.

Why? Always? Hmmm..

I do not call Amazon deals terrible if I can buy october and november games around 20-30 euros. <- I call it good deals. Also cameras and tablets 50% chaper than any local shops selling in Dublin. But yeah maybe you are looking something else and they never list these things. Then yeah it may be terrbile for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Nabbed the Ultimate Ears MINI BOOM Bluetooth Speaker just now...

vDpB0OTl.jpg

Was looking for a Porrtable Bluetooth speeker for my tablet for a few months, and this is a good one according to Wirecutter.

My first buy this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If someone seens the Wacom Intuos tablet coming up again Holla here please, particularly on the .de site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Delivery is always a bit arsey on Amazon I find.

All goes well until checkout and then there is no delivery to Ireland. Parcel Motel is a workaround but you'd rather you were prevented from putting an item into the cart from the off if it doesn't deliver to your location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Just reserved the Sony KDL40R483 for €390.

Was looking for a 32" and had my mind made up on a Samsung 5500 for €369 from Currys but this looks like a real bargain for an extra €20.

Anyone seen them in action?

Sorry - wrong site - Argos not Amazon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

All goes well until checkout and then there is no delivery to Ireland. Parcel Motel is a workaround but you'd rather you were prevented from putting an item into the cart from the off if it doesn't deliver to your location.

It's a pain. I find it inconsistent - sometimes they tell you, sometimes you only find out when your hopes have been built up. Parcelmotel is the workaround, but you need to mind the size of the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You need to look at who the order is fulfilled by. If it's anyone other than Amazon then that's where you may hit problems regarding large delivery charges or no delivery at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

vienne86 wrote: »
    It's a pain. I find it inconsistent - sometimes they tell you, sometimes you only find out when your hopes have been built up. Parcelmotel is the workaround, but you need to mind the size of the item.

Yep. It's the primary reason why eBay and other sites get my custom online. Not gone on the website's interface as well. Just a bit too cluttered. Anyway, I'm going off the point..

Yep. It's the primary reason why eBay and other sites get my custom online. Not gone on the website's interface as well. Just a bit too cluttered. Anyway, I'm going off the point..

Like ThisRegard already wrote. Next time check who is selling. Use Amazon offers with FREE DELIVERY. <-- No problems at all.

About eBay, there is same problems. Many sellers may not sell to you, or would ask huge post fee. And do we nood mention that buying from eBay you probably do not have any quarantees to get right thing and get money back if you are not happy with the goods you got.

With Amazon you can open package, find out that ouch this is not the right thing you wanted, and you can send it back (without paying any post fees) and get full refund. Used that option once with capture card. Amazon have BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT ever!

But it's your choice where to buy. I prefer anytime Amazon.co.uk for anyone. At least I know when something happens it will be resolved without fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Went on to Adidas.ie was scrolling around for a few deals. I didnt see any. So a quick google of Adidas Black Friday deals and clicked onto this http://www.retailmenot.com/view/adidas.com. Clicked the first thing and nothing happened. A few minutes later I get a email from adidas saying here is a free gift. They gave me a promo code for 30% . Tried it out and it works on sale items. BARGAINS!

I got that email too but it didnt work for the .ie site, is it only for .com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

I got that email too but it didnt work for the .ie site, is it only for .com?

Working fine on the .ie site for me.

Says code is unkown for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Have Amazon removed the xbox one with cod from the 10:30 sale? Was listed night and before the sale began it was switched to unavailable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Have Amazon removed the xbox one with cod from the 10:30 sale? Was listed night and before the sale began it was switched to unavailable

Its' there and live for me right now, includes Forza too. £299 (9% off)

EDIT: Once I refresh the page it disappears though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

retro sweets r a rip off

Its' there and live for me right now, includes Forza too. £299 (9% off)

EDIT: Once I refresh the page it disappears though.

Thanks.. It wasn't showing up for me for some reason. No interest at that price anyway. Had an alien bundle for 269 sterling. Cancelled it to find one with a game I'd play. Shopto are selling a bundle with gta for 289. Might go with that one

Am I Evil? wrote: »

It still there but why you do not buy same thing from Argos.ie, they have Black Friday deals too, and you can get same thing with €30 cheaper than Amazon offering.

EdragonXX wrote: »
    It still there but why you do not buy same thing from Argos.ie, they have Black Friday deals too, and you can get same thing with €30 cheaper than Amazon offering.

I'd no idea. I'm on my phone. Any chance you'd have a link handy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

EdragonXX wrote: »
    Like ThisRegard already wrote. Next time check who is selling. Use Amazon offers with FREE DELIVERY. <-- No problems at all.

About eBay, there is same problems. Many sellers may not sell to you, or would ask huge post fee. And do we nood mention that buying from eBay you probably do not have any quarantees to get right thing and get money back if you are not happy with the goods you got.

With Amazon you can open package, find out that ouch this is not the right thing you wanted, and you can send it back (without paying any post fees) and get full refund. Used that option once with capture card. Amazon have BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT ever!

I never had an issue until recently with amazon, over 50 plus items delivered within last 6 months, last 8 items ordered only got 2, Amazon don't care, lack ANY kind of service, emailed, phoned, online chat to no avail.

Never had to use their customer service more than once in 19 years, which is a good thing, but recently it's put me off shopping. I got a message to tell me I must have moved house, that's it, end of, still waiting for supervisor to phone me back in 2 hours more than a week ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

P_Cash wrote: »
    It's only worth 250

Was still £90 off and gets decent reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I thought free delivery if you spend £25 or more? Only saying for UK for me (Chromecast & two books)

Edit: it's ok I proceeded through check out and selected free super saver delivery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Waiting for deal on xbox to start countdown clock reached 01 sec ready to click (checking status deal) then instantly 100% claimed? How is that possible so quickly after starting? What am i missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Waiting for deal on xbox to start countdown clock reached 01 sec ready to click (checking status deal) then instantly 100% claimed? How is that possible so quickly after starting? What am i missing?

Your processor is too slow, your internet ping is too high or you,are using a slow browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

GarIT wrote: »
    Your processor is too slow, your internet ping is too high or you,are using a slow browser.

Yeah likely a slow processor was to blame, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I worked out that with the £200 cashback and allowing for Amazon's disgraceful currency conversion, the Panasonic GH3 camera would have been €350 at 10am this morning.

This camera is still about a grand in some places, it would have been an amazing deal so I'm mad tempted to get on the waitlist for even a shot (pun FULLY INTENDED because its gotten me hot and bothered over the saving :D ) of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Are prices different across different Amazon sites- .ie. co.uk, .de etc.

If buying from outside of Europe I presume you have higher delivery prices & import tax so better to look within Europe.

I'm looking for a 10 inch tablet for an 8 year old, ideally €150 max.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Logitech G27 wheel 48% off! Thank you very much.

Do you really need it though?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

dinneenp wrote: »
    Are prices different across different Amazon sites- .ie. co.uk, .de etc.

If buying from outside of Europe I presume you have higher delivery prices & import tax so better to look within Europe.

I'm looking for a 10 inch tablet for an 8 year old, ideally €150 max.
    It's a pain to even have to buy in the EU.

The new Kindle Paperwhite is now $99 on Amazon.com - but they won't ship to here. Amazon.co.uk will sell you one for £109 - the equivalent of $171!!

Don't think I'll be upgrading this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Claimed xbox one aliens bundle, now there's a better bundle later should I cancel the order and hope to get the halo bundle later or just trade in the rubbish game when I get it?

Claimed xbox one aliens bundle, now there's a better bundle later should I cancel the order and hope to get the halo bundle later or just trade in the rubbish game when I get it?

Cex are giving 35euro for it. Basically getting an xbox one for 310 euro. Great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

any 3d tv offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

deepsilent wrote: »
    any 3d tv offer?

Looking for one of these myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Don't have time to search through all the Flash sales but has anyone saw a good pair of headphones/earphones discounted?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Dades wrote: »
    It's a pain to even have to buy in the EU.

The new Kindle Paperwhite is now $99 on Amazon.com - but they won't ship to here. Amazon.co.uk will sell you one for £109 - the equivalent of $171!!

Don't think I'll be upgrading this time.

If you buy on Amazon.co.uk and the vendor does not ship to Ireland then just use this little trick:> http://www.parcelmotel.com/MyParcelMotel/Registration

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

Don't have time to search through all the Flash sales but has anyone saw a good pair of headphones/earphones discounted?

I'm looking at the same. Sorry for the cross over but came across this.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1909306/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7C19780826%7CHeadphones+and+earphones%7C14419643/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419643%7CIn-ear+headphones%7C14419650.htm

Site has been down all day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Too late now but I picked up a pair of these earlier in the week for £25:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-High-Performance-Headphones-In-line-Microphone-White/dp/B00BEDSZ9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417182124&sr=8-1&keywords=akg+k452

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

HobbyMan wrote: »
    If you buy on Amazon.co.uk and the vendor does not ship to Ireland then just use this little trick.

In other words, use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

happened me as well on a computer deal.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Amazon Prime members get anywhere up to 30 minutes before regular users.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ranleth

Not sure what type you're looking for but I've tried many "sports" headphones and was very happy with some Sennheiser but they recently fell apart (after about 6 years).

I picked up these today for £19
    amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0094R4PBU?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Does anyone know if this is a Black Friday discount for the weekend or is it the regular price?
    Thanks.

amazon.co.uk/GoPro-Silver-Edition-Camera-Camcorder/dp/B00F3F0EIU/ref=pd_sim_ce_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0XDBXBSVAVZT2K0FJ73F

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

If someone seens the Wacom Intuos tablet coming up again Holla here please, particularly on the .de site
    There's one coming up in 35mins on .co.uk

barneyrub wrote: »
    There's one coming up in 35mins on .co.uk

Much appreciated! Im after the Small non pro version though I should have said, it was 55e on.de with software but missed it during work.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement