Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

its working now... i had it screw into the 510-ego adapter too tight and it wouldnt fire

so I guess center post issue on either the adapter or the RDA

thank **** I didnt break it again like the other one..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

@Bubba

Use same set up as RDA, 6 turns of .20 Nichrome will give you 1.5/6 with Andreis wick. About 10cm of Bulli wick in that pic below....
    That will work very well dripping.

30w2kxj.jpg

its working now... i had it screw into the 510-ego adapter too tight and it wouldnt fire

so I guess center post issue on either the adapter or the RDA

thank **** I didnt break it again like the other one..

The adapter i reckon, hit and miss with a couple of atties i had before. Just would'nt fire with it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Holy cow! Got my RDA about half an hour ago and didn't have time or patience to go through the you tube video........... Got a length of wick and wire, used a thin needle and gave it 6 turns. Wet the wick with juice and gave it a go.

Fantastic....don't know what ohms I have and dont know if wick length is correct or anything but it aint too far off either cos this is great!

Must borrow a multi-meter to check resistance and must look at the you tube video but delighted with this. Took about 5 mins to put it together.

Flavour is fantastic, heat is perfect, vapour is okay to good so very happy with my first pass. Some kick off it too! I wont be chain vaping this cos a few toots will be enough. I'm only using 9mg at the moment anyway.

Stinking carto filler taste non existent!! Yahoo!

Got mine back this morning, he done a major job on it so hopefully later i will get a chance to play with it later.
    Good day in the post, adapter from america, RDA back, eGo twist and eGo C batteries along with a couple of drip tips, happy days.

@greenhornet

Could be just the air hole positioning regarding the vapour.

With the RDA on the table in front of you, and the outer terminal in the 9 o'clock position, the coil should be on the far side of the terminals, away from you.

Fit the tube so that the air hole is pointing at 11 o'clock. The hole should be closer to the top of the tube.

• Advertisement

derra wrote: »
    Got mine back this morning, he done a major job on it so hopefully later i will get a chance to play with it later.
    Good day in the post, adapter from america, RDA back, eGo twist and eGo C batteries along with a couple of drip tips, happy days.

@greenhornet

Could be just the air hole positioning regarding the vapour.

With the RDA on the table in front of you, and the outer terminal in the 9 o'clock position, the coil should be on the far side of the terminals, away from you.

Fit the tube so that the air hole is pointing at 11 o'clock. The hole should be closer to the top of the tube.

Bang on Derra. Discovered that a bit earlier. Huge difference in vapour. I'm absolutely blown away by how fantastic this thing is. For months I was intimidated by the thoughts of building my own but I should have taken the plunge months ago instead of wasting money on disposables.

Measured my resistance and it's actually a bit high @ 2.3 ohms corrected but it's working out lovely for me so thats the most important thing. Might try 5 turns over the weekend but I like it as is.

Holds a hell of a lot of juice too doesn't it?

Bang on Derra. Discovered that a bit earlier. Huge difference in vapour. I'm absolutely blown away by how fantastic this thing is. For months I was intimidated by the thoughts of building my own but I should have taken the plunge months ago instead of wasting money on disposables.

Measured my resistance and it's actually a bit high @ 2.3 ohms corrected but it's working out lovely for me so thats the most important thing. Might try 5 turns over the weekend but I like it as is.

Holds a hell of a lot of juice too doesn't it?

Been saying it for months now :D

2.3 Ohms is fine, whatever works to get the vape you want.
    Ask him what resistance wire he sent you.

Yeah it holds a fair bit of juice and it goes fast as well, reason being it's hard to put down when ya have it firing the way you want it too !

my RDA arrived today too.. i'd gotten so used to the silver satin anodized version that my black anodized version looks kinda silly

although I guess it suits the ego battery better. looks pretty sweet on it.

pondering ordering some .13 nichrome from wires.co.uk but with shipping it's 16 euro for 10metres. more than enough for a long time but still.. 16 euro.. euch

i much prefer the draw on the rda with the ego batteries.. quite a bit easier than on the throathit.

actually now I need a black drip tip

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

my RDA arrived today too.. i'd gotten so used to the silver satin anodized version that my black anodized version looks kinda silly

although I guess it suits the ego battery better. looks pretty sweet on it.

pondering ordering some .13 nichrome from wires.co.uk but with shipping it's 16 euro for 10metres. more than enough for a long time but still.. 16 euro.. euch

i much prefer the draw on the rda with the ego batteries.. quite a bit easier than on the throathit.

actually now I need a black drip tip

I have a couple of Delrin ones here i can fire off to you?

nah yer grand. ill be ordering a twist next week anyway most likely so I'll just toss one into an order.

I should have 2-3 black drip tips here somewhere I've just lost all the bastards

did you hear back from clockworks about when your RDA will be ready?

• Advertisement

He said i'm "on the list" and that " no money until it's ready, i'll PM you when it's ready to be sent out, thanks "

:D

ah right. 2-3 weeks so probably

I kind of always though that you'd need a VV for the likes of the RDA and other rebuildables but my eGo is working great with it.

i still kinda prefer the warmer vape from a higher voltage but it destroys my wicks

im going to compare and contrast coils in my Rdas to see which lasts longer. I'm able to get my perfect vape now with a 3'ish ohm coil but it nevcer lasts very long. Still ends up very cheap to repair it every day but when I hear everyone else getting weeks out of their setups, it annoys me that I have to do this :)

ah right. 2-3 weeks so probably

I've only gone for the RTA...so 2 months i'd say...

seriously can't stand dripping...

oh, thought you were going for the RDA too

im not a huge fan of dripping either but the RDA is basically a tank. I dripped into it about half an hour ago and still dont need to refill it. I have to top up my cartos more often :)

oh, thought you were going for the RDA too

im not a huge fan of dripping either but the RDA is basically a tank. I dripped into it about half an hour ago and still dont need to refill it. I have to top up my cartos more often :)

Yeah, it holds a lot alright. Actually, if you make the wick longer, I assume it can hold even more?

yeah, i dunno what the X limit is though where the longer the wick is the more juice gets wasted as it makes its long long journey up to the coil
    I think the wick should be able to loosely wrap around the posts when the coil is up, touching itself

you can also stick a bit of fluval in there behind the posts so it will hold up to 2ml

or you can do this
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/12531-rda-monstermiser-mod/page__st__20#entry367852

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Finally got a chance to try the RDA yesterday. First coil wasn't good, it read at 1.1ohms and the lavatube refused to fire, tried it on an eGo and the coil popped after a second or two, so I'm guessing I had a short somewhere in it. Made up a second coil, 9 turns only got me 1.9ohms which I was surprised by. But it's vaping pretty well. If I take a long hit I get a dry-burnt taste, I guess that's from having so many winds close together in the coil. But if I stick to shorter hits it wicks really well.

Taste is really good and clear, there's a good amount of vapour and tons of TH. It's almost entirely silent though which is funny after every device hissing and spitting at me :)

stevenmu wrote: »
    Finally got a chance to try the RDA yesterday. First coil wasn't good, it read at 1.1ohms and the lavatube refused to fire, tried it on an eGo and the coil popped after a second or two, so I'm guessing I had a short somewhere in it. Made up a second coil, 9 turns only got me 1.9ohms which I was surprised by. But it's vaping pretty well. If I take a long hit I get a dry-burnt taste, I guess that's from having so many winds close together in the coil. But if I stick to shorter hits it wicks really well.

Taste is really good and clear, there's a good amount of vapour and tons of TH. It's almost entirely silent though which is funny after every device hissing and spitting at me :)

Is that with the 0.13 nichrome supplied? At 6 turns I had 2.3.
    Surely 9 should be much higher then no?

• Advertisement

When I was getting dryish hits on long drags it was because I'd made the coils too loose

what are you using as a splint when you're making the coil? if you use a sharp needle from one of the syringes im sure you have somewhere (cos of carto tanks, not cos i think you're a junkie) as a splint, when you're making the coil tug the absolute **** out of the wire as you're making each turn on the wick. it will look way too tight when you attach it to the posts but when you pull the splint out (pressing gently down on the coil so it maintains its shape) it should end up pressing firmly but not too tight on the wick

although I guess it depends on what wick you have.

also im not sure if this is true or not but ive been noticing better performance over all if I run the coil at a lower voltage than i'd normally do for the first day or two. I have a 1.9 ohm coil here I was running at 4.2-4.3V for the last couple of days, yesterday I bumped it up to 5v and wasnt getting any burnt taste unlike the first day when I tried it at 4.7V and it glowed red after a couple of seconds.

Going to buy some wick and wire from Andrei.

0.13 Nichrome was supplied with the RDA but he only has 0.15, 0.16 & 0.2. 5 Euro for 10M. I assume 0.15 would just provide a bit higher resistance per unit length?

He supplies 10M wick for 10 Euro too.

When I'm at it...he also has nicoptine 50mg/ml 200ml 22 euros if anybody is interested.

a bit lower resistance, not higher.

.13 is higher res than .15, which is higher than .16 and so on so forth

a bit lower resistance, not higher.

.13 is higher res than .15, which is higher than .16 and so on so forth

Oh right, just as good I asked! I'll get some 0.15 anyway, should do me for years!!

yeah, it's not exactly a great industry to get into .. sell to the customer once, never hear from them again for 4 years

Is that with the 0.13 nichrome supplied? At 6 turns I had 2.3.
    Surely 9 should be much higher then no?
    I'm using the 0.20 nichrome from Andrei, I guess it must be lower res than the 0.13 you are using.

I'm using his wick as well, folded twice so it is three strands thick (kind of like this pic that derra posted before, except I made the coil at on end instead of in the middle).
    Digby wrote:
    what are you using as a splint when you're making the coil? if you use a sharp needle from one of the syringes im sure you have somewhere (cos of carto tanks, not cos i think you're a junkie) as a splint, when you're making the coil tug the absolute **** out of the wire as you're making each turn on the wick. it will look way too tight when you attach it to the posts but when you pull the splint out (pressing gently down on the coil so it maintains its shape) it should end up pressing firmly but not too tight on the wick
    Good point, I used a shirt pin as a splint, I thought it would be thinner than the needle but it was probable a little thicker if anything, and it pulled out very easily, so the coil probably is a little loose, I'll keep that in mind next time.
    (cos of carto tanks, not cos i think you're a junkie)
    lol, I think I look like one anyway when I open my ego case and it's full of syringes and odd looking bottles of liquid :)

hehe, yeah i got some funny looks when I asked mam to get me a few syringes in work

shirt pin should be thin enough.. if I can remember what a shirt pin is.... try coiling it really tight anyway, see if that helps. once you pull the splint out it should be fine
    try 2 strands of the wick too. just cut a long bit off, fold it in half and then snip the loop in the middle so it's just two long strands. then coil around that.

I tried 3 before and I think 2 is performing a little better..although I doubt there's a huge difference. the 3rd strand will mean a higher resistance coil though with the same amount of turns as there's more area for it to coil around.

2 strands sounds good. It might be a little easy to manage as well, it was a pain trying to fold in that loop I had with the 3 strands when I was putting the casing back on.

Would be a lot easier if everyone mentions the set up they are using..
    • Resistance wire make and resistance (Nichrome or Kanthal)
    • How many turns
    • Ohm measurement
    • Voltage from PV
    • Strands of wick...just say if it's 2,3, or 4GF like in the picture below and where you sourced the wick

dxehyt.jpg

Have my RDA at 1.7 Ohms at the moment with 7 turns of .2 Nichrome.Using the wick Andrei is currently selling 4GF
    Vaping that at 3.7 - 4v on the Twist. It's good but not great, just not getting the TH i had before and vapour could be better. It's performing well but the Bulli is ticking all the boxes each time.

Is anyone getting the air hole clogged up with liquid?, probably need to move that around to find the best position.

• Advertisement

that seems like too much wick for the RDA, try it with 2gf and the coil at the end

also no.. cant say I got liquid in the hole, you putting too much in? or leaving it down with the hole facing down?
    yeah I've been fiddling with what location the hole is best at.. I dont actually think 11 o clock is best i'm leaning more towards 10 or in between 10 and 11.. have to kinda look at it and try to imagine where the air will be sucking in when i'm taking a drag and how I can get it to cover the most coils at a time

Advertisement