Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

?ui=2&ik=6335da75e2&view=fimg&th=1445e4a46b751626&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ8-o_Z3_mgGHzST4qsELNpAcVExgC-I6V5v3zRF70CQBg374XeMuMdsx4ErEjeOVlZut8YT__Puj8eFR3Uwgz1k7Px4lRpgfAMj2nGdBu618WGzUPAlY-F5A38&ats=1393230636172&rm=1445e4a46b751626&zw&sz=w1488-h692
    ?ui=2&ik=6335da75e2&view=fimg&th=1445e4a46b751626&attid=0.5&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ8Bf5ygXzW5rfq4QYW16A3nOkiCH7ayLpAV1bnEHnwKHAFO2l5hn6O8FGu7I1_ThPMSCBekCAAri20-huV-SKkJDxZsnElTlKwBfC7BQhcLoTZwOISGVapYAeY&ats=1393230636172&rm=1445e4a46b751626&zw&sz=w1488-h692

Not great pics because taken on my phone. And please excuse the general state of my nails. Variety of polishes here, from pinky to thumb: Essence (not sure now that shade it is, and can't find it online), Zoya Hunter, Catrice Genius in the Bottle, Rituals Rusty Red, China Glaze IX. With Anchor basecoat and Armour topcoat from Zoya.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Bought Wet n Wild, I need a refreshmint. Here with Barry M mushroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Essence - Deep Sea Baby

Bildschirmfoto+2013-08-22+um+13.33.18.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

This is some random Rimmel coral and the tips are Topshop Heart of Gold. I used Essence French manicure stickers to do the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Twee. wrote: »
    This is some random Rimmel coral and the tips are Topshop Heart of Gold. I used Essence French manicure stickers to do the tips.

Love those Essence tip guides. They always come out perfect. I got something very similar to this done with gel colours, loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

How long do ye wait before applying the tip guides? Do ye wait until the next day? I always fook my nails up when I try using them

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

Long time lurker and first time poster! Decided to go pink:) base coat is Sally Hansen as is too coat. Colour is Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish - Pop Your Pink.

I used Avon cuticle oil on top also:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

How long do ye wait before applying the tip guides? Do ye wait until the next day? I always fook my nails up when I try using them

I use a quick dry top coat, have OPI at the moment. I don't stick them down too hard so they're easy enough to get off. And I just do a light coat with the tip colour, when I went too thick I ended up dragging it all over when taking the tips off!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

What are people's thoughts on those nail polishes that are base, colour and top coat in one? Like the Sally Hansen ones? Are they any good?

Sometimes I don't have time to do a proper full mani and I can't abide just throwing on a colour, I need my base and top coat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I was in my local chemist and since they are getting rid of the Essence and Catrice stands they had some polishes half price. Couldn't help myself. I bought these three (pics not mine):

Catrice Salmon & Garfunkel:
    catrice_sang001.jpg

Catrice I Am A Lob-Star:
    Catrice+I+am+a+Lob-Star+swatch.jpg

Catrice Grey's Kelly:
    IMG_8105.JPG

• Advertisement

Salmon and Garfunkel is one of all-time favourites... May grab a couple more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

2d0c3d0.jpg
    Excuse the sloppy paint and the flooded cuticles, and the wonky smile line but I'm sick, in hospital, so just goofing around instead of doing a proper job.
    Loved this look for ages, finally bought the matt top coat. Black is just an essence polish

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Love it, I'm dying to try that look as well, feel better soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

That is beautiful :) Feel better soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

bnagrrl wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on those nail polishes that are base, colour and top coat in one? Like the Sally Hansen ones? Are they any good?

Sometimes I don't have time to do a proper full mani and I can't abide just throwing on a colour, I need my base and top coat! :)
    I have used Sally Hansen's double duty for a top/base and found it grand.

Hope you feel better soon Lexie! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 copea2

Tried Sally Hansen Sugar Coat -Bubble Plum- that I got in Dealz for €1.50. The textured look takes some getting used to but I like the colour

296709.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I love super dry clothes but wasnt sure if their make up would be any good. Picked up nail polish in punk pink the other day and I love it! It was about 6 euro - lovely colour, nice thick texture that was opaque in just two coats, dries fast and no chipping after several days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Finally tracked down a really opaque neon yellow! Apparently it's flourescent as well so if I can go back in time to 1996 and go to a rave I'll look the business

d14747a7-6e69-4775-a645-9b0cd0b364c2_zps4da7ec0a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I bought an NYC polish in Raindrop yesterday, such a gorgeously summery baby blue colour :)

NYC-Raindrop-Swatch.jpg

Not my photo

Finally tracked down a really opaque neon yellow! Apparently it's flourescent as well so if I can go back in time to 1996 and go to a rave I'll look the business

I had a fluoro yellow varnish at one stage! My inner rave child was obsessed with it. It didn't look nice in a non-disco environment though :/

What brand is that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

What brand is that?

Claire's Accessories (€3.50), they had a really good selection of opaque neons. Possibly will buy myself a green after work today and have a full set of highlighter coloured nails for the weekend - classy!

Claire's Accessories (€3.50), they had a really good selection of opaque neons. Possibly will buy myself a green after work today and have a full set of highlighter coloured nails for the weekend - classy!

Nice one! After two weeks of work-appropriate neutrals, I'm going MAD for the weekend. Mad, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Was at the beauty show in the RDS at the weekend ... Would have taken one of each home with me but settled for spending about a years worth nail polish in 20 minutes! No polish for at least 6 months now ...

fkEVc8W.jpg?3wembbon.jpg?1

And was in paris over the weekend with my sister so treated myself to Marc Jacobs ... wish we'd get a Sephora over here!

GqhDzs3.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Ohhh Orlee, what are those OPIs? They look lovely..Plus there was a thread somewhere here saying sephora ship to Great Britain now. This may or may not be good news for your wallet but Marc Jacobs pretties a-gogo..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Ohhh Orlee, what are those OPIs? They look lovely..Plus there was a thread somewhere here saying sephora ship to Great Britain now. This may or may not be good news for your wallet but Marc Jacobs pretties a-gogo..

Saw about Sephora ... must have a look :)

Top row
    Gargantuan Green Grape, Don't Pretzel my Buttons, Where did Suzi's Mango, Amazon Amazoff
    Left
    Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, Mod About You, Over & Over A-Gwen,
    Right
    Kiss on the Chic, Hey Girl, Alcatraz Rocks
    Essie
    Splash of Grenadine, Tart Deco

Popped into Dealz today - big mistake :o
    KA5B7TF.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Pastel polka dots

f3aqsi.jpg

Pastel Polka Dots too. Weekend nails

Love the pink, Lexie - what is it?

Ill dig it out tomorrow IWMD. I have no idea off hand it's a brand I wouldn't usually buy

• Advertisement

No panic Lexie - it's just nice and opaque for such a lovely pale colour!

Advertisement