Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Outings 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    christ who'd have that lad?!! Unless she wants to be a caddie!!!!:P:P:P:D:D:D

get married to Fixd... get a job for life :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

stevieob wrote: »
    get married to Fixd... get a job for life :)

here, carry that love. How many yards to that bunker?!!

:D

charlieIRL wrote: »
    here, carry that love. How many yards to that bunker?!!

:D

she'll only be complaining though if she gets sand in her nickers again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Getting married to a bandit for the jug if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just as long as she isn't a LaserBeam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking forward to paulos updating the required points ahead of Mount Juliet. If i make it there, i'll need a top 4 to sneak in i reckon after my 4th place today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

Will do that during the week after Charlie and ssbob have the updated table ready :)

I'm feeling nervous suddenly.

Was in a similar position last year and ended up 11th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

I'm feeling nervous suddenly.

Was in a similar position last year and ended up 11th :(

D,ont worry fixit i believe paulos is looking for a caddy :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Ya he can take my job

• Advertisement

:cool::cool::cool:
    recycled wrote: »
    Ya he can take my job

recycled wrote: »
    :cool::cool::cool:

Jaysus - all these lads when they get to the top - forget their friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Success can always change a person. Its important to remain humble and not forget the little people.

Jaysus - all these lads when they get to the top - forget their friends :D
    Not having visited the podium for such a long time, you could call it stage fright if I failed to mention everyone. I played in a few society's over the years, but never had to drive as far to play. Its the welcoming nature and good will in the society - even from the long hitters!! ;)that brings me back again. If it was performance related , my exit would have been very swift a long time ago. Bye the way have you still those illegal clubs.:p:p:p

again, many thanks to SSBOB for updating the results table and for Keano, Kiers etc for taking care of business on saturday.
    Without further delay, here is the updated GOTY table, man its getting tight at the top!!

319638.jpg

After all was said and done . Going into last day 4 can win.
    Great year.

I'm not liking my spot again. Play poor your out simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

Looks like the top 8 have their spots secure for the Ryder Jug. If 450 points is good enough to take the last 2 spots then this is what the chasing pack need to do.

Needs a Top 2: shane007, barnaboy, the big easy, roadrunner, ballyk
    Top 3: scubapro, holeinone
    Top 4: bobster453, Keano, kiers47
    Top 5: Tony O'Reilly, charlieirl, golfgraffix, stevieob
    Top 6: Rikand, parlance
    Top 11: FixdePitchmark
    Just needs to turn up but won't be attending: ssbob

A lot of guys in contention so every chance that more than 2 of them will pass the 450 mark.

Nice piece of work paulo,

But the 450 was an assumption.

You could do a bit more work on it now. But it simply is not possible to say.

Interesting end.

Well done all above . They can have a few pints before they go out on last day. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

I think the changes for the points in the POTY and Ryder jug have worked great this year. Loads up for grabs right up to the late minute. I think it will make the captains day even better. Fair play to the committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Lads in fairness it is tight at the top and at the business end of the Ryder Jug qualifying.

Paulo fair play for the updates.

Can I ask everyone who is in the reckoning for a Ryder Jug Spot or potential Ryder Jug captains pick to verify their availability for Saturday October 11th with Charlie, it will help make his decision a little easier.

• Advertisement

At this point last year I needed a top 2 to make the team, I felt good and talked my game up ahead of time.... and duly shot 36 to win.... so guys, it can be done.

This year, I should only need a top 5.... not feeling as confident though this time around as I know I won't get much golf in between now and Captains day. But I called my score last year so this year I'm going to say the same, I'll shoot 35 points in MJ :rolleyes: and see how I fare with that :)

If Paulos is correct in his calcs, it is interesting that top 8 this year are secure, as it was the same last year. Last year though anyone outside the top 10 had to either win or come second, so things are definately more open this time around, quite probably due to the change in points distribution... rightly so if you ask me, makes things a lot more interesting

273892.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm,

It might be interesting to note that although he is well up the leaderboard in 5th position at the moment, recycled is not actually guaranteed his place on the team.

Currently only the top 4 have guaranteed a team spot, so well done lads and enjoy the Jug.....and for the rest of you.........

Kieran and below, sorry guys, but the only way you can make the team, will be a captains pick, with the exception of athlone99 who must win to have any kind of a chance.

There are of course so many permutations and combinations we could be here till this time next year working them all out, but depending on the way results fall for the final outing, it is possible that 537 points will be required to make the team. If you get there, then you are guaranteed, so now you know for definite what you have to do.

I have looked and realised that a second spot at MJ would get me to 535. If one particular challenger wins & depending on how others do, this is not enough to actually guarantee I make the team.

Of course, I have been looking at very specific results, most of which would see none of the top 4 featuring in MJ, so if these guys steal a few of the larger points on offer, this will tighten things up considerably.

In realistic terms, I imagine 475-500 could well be the required number, but isn't it great to see it going down to the wire like this with 23 guys still having a chance to make the team. So different to last year where there was 8 guaranteed and only 4-5 guys in with a shout for the last 2 spots.

Of course, there is the (single) wildcard slot on offer. I don't think Charlie is daft enough not to pick himself ;)

Always think the wildcards should go to the people who played the most events personally. So that's you guaranteed imo Stevie ;)

Rikand wrote: »
    Always think the wildcards should go to the people who played the most events personally. So that's you guaranteed imo Stevie ;)

Thanks for the vote Ricky, but my plan is to play well and make the team on my own merits ;)

Updated Final table ? :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Updated Final table ? :)

If i can get excel to stop crashing i'll post it now.

Lads, Athlone Golf Club have a society invitation day if anyone is up for it. Chance to play a fantastic course.

323091.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen (well lads!) without further delay, here is the Final GOTY standings after our final round of the year in Mount Juliet. Again many thanks to SSBOB for his stellar work making sure the points were added up correctly and everything is in order.

When the top 10 have confirmed their availability, I'll announce the wild card pick and pairings.

Thanks again for a great year lads.

323101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CharlieOFloinn

Hi all
    Just wondering if this thread suited someone like me that trying to get back into playing golf.
    Im a +90's player and was looking to see if there was a society I could join ( I know its late in the year) or if
    anyone would be interested in a game .... maybe this sat morning - anywhere in Dublin.
    Im keen to get regular games in in order to see improvement!
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Hi all
    Just wondering if this thread suited someone like me that trying to get back into playing golf.
    Im a +90's player and was looking to see if there was a society I could join ( I know its late in the year) or if
    anyone would be interested in a game .... maybe this sat morning - anywhere in Dublin.
    Im keen to get regular games in in order to see improvement!
    Cheers

Boards outings are now finished for 2014 but you will be very welcome next year. In relation to playing informally, there is a thread called 'Arrange a game/open events' - put something in there and I'm sure someone will be up for a game.

Advertisement