Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

13spanner wrote: »
    winteragehay.jpg
    Feeding Hay in the winterage, February 2011

I thought we had all the blacthorn cut out of yer place:p...If you are who I think you are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

img2845qn.jpg
    A wide baler or a narrow road? Both maybe :D

Wheel bearings on the way out on the baler?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

img2702fz.jpg
    Last one for today. North Clare baking during the madness of first cuts 2011. Photo's like these keep the winter short for me :D

do you mind me asking where you farm? live in gurrane just outside ennistymon myself, looks like likeen lake in foreground?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I thought we had all the blacthorn cut out of yer place:p...If you are who I think you are!!
    And if you're who I think you are, you know our place well enough! Never again want to see a hazel bush :D
    Wheel bearings on the way out on the baler?
    I think they've been done before, not sure. But yeah there's a serious kick out in the bottom of them. Not healthy! :)
    DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    do you mind me asking where you farm? live in gurrane just outside ennistymon myself, looks like likeen lake in foreground?
    I do not mind at all :) We're in Kilfenora, but that photo was taken in Rah, just outside Corofin. Lovely spot on a fine day!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

I do not mind at all :) We're in Kilfenora, but that photo was taken in Rah, just outside Corofin. Lovely spot on a fine day!

more than likely that zetor and kubota came from tj garrihy's? like the kubota now aswell as the zetor the forterra are a gud machine.

• Advertisement

Image020.jpg

Tasty bit of parking:D

Image050.jpg

And a not so tasty bit of parking:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

hmm cool photo, what kinda trees are those I wonder

They are Beech trees, in the month of Feb in Co Antrim. A couple more of the same here..........

One of our quieter cows
    Photo0039.jpg
    Edj heifer last winter
    Photo0050.jpg
    Day old rocky bull calf
    Photo0078.jpg
    A suprise...courtesy of the neighbours bull:rolleyes:
    Photo0103.jpg
    Weanling heifers last winter
    Photo0105.jpg

Heifer out of our stock bull a few months ago
    Photo0113.jpg
    Day old limo heifer happy out resting in the winterage:)Photo0108.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

photostreamhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/blue5th/6131036739/in/photostream[HTML][/HTML]

trying to load a photo of blonde bull, here goes.......

too late for this crack, will try again later,

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

My first champion winner!

dsc10762.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And also, the definition of not giving a f**k this morning!

imcrueltocows.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

About to let the cows into this paddock soon .....any one any ideas of its KG/DM at the moment 600/700 maybe ?

scaled.php?server=263&filename=grass002.jpg&res=medium

Hmm think im just getting the hang of uploading photos :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i tag my calves as soon as they are born... alot of the pictures on this thread the calves have no tags, when do ye tag them?... find it alot easier to tag the sucklers when they are born as it would be hard to catch them after

whelan1 wrote: »
    i tag my calves as soon as they are born... alot of the pictures on this thread the calves have no tags, when do ye tag them?... find it alot easier to tag the sucklers when they are born as it would be hard to catch them after

We try to tag every week if possible, along with the online events. Of course it depends on work etc. But it's rare for our farm to miss anything. Liking that calf off Rocky redzerologen!:D Any more recent pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

fr217.jpg

in calf heifers
    fr219.jpg

always last out the gap, ran this chap with heifers
    fr213.th.jpg
    black morning this morning

fr217.jpg

in calf heifers
    Lovely heifer there on the far left, how is she bred. Great topline for a heifer:)

new shed construction
    013uoi.jpg
    By vanderbadger at 2011-09-11
    011xs.jpg
    003mlwu.jpg
    013tpz.jpg
    001edm.jpg
    001xcx.jpg

Karen112 wrote: »
    fr217.jpg

in calf heifers
    Lovely heifer there on the far left, how is she bred. Great topline for a heifer:)

no particular breeding there, her mother was a grand cow, black angus type cow, that heifer would have been from a stock bull from cf52, still have the cow but she got bad mastitis after weaning last year and has no milk this year so will have to move her on, I have a nice yearling heifer from the same cow that i might keep on as well..have kept on a good few heifers from that stock bull from 52 and they have worked out fairly well and no milk shortage. will be interesting to see how the PT calves work out when they arrive

no particular breeding there, her mother was a grand cow, black angus type cow, that heifer would have been from a stock bull from cf52, still have the cow but she got bad mastitis after weaning last year and has no milk this year so will have to move her on, I have a nice yearling heifer from the same cow that i might keep on as well..have kept on a good few heifers from that stock bull from 52 and they have worked out fairly well and no milk shortage. will be interesting to see how the PT calves work out when they arrive

Hope they work out very well for you:D
    I do fancy that heifer though, a similar cow had a few prizewinners for me with TZA.

• Advertisement

:D:D
    new shed construction
    013uoi.th.jpg
    011xs.th.jpg
    003mlwu.th.jpg
    013tpz.th.jpg
    001edm.th.jpg
    001xcx.th.jpg

That a new workshop ya put up there VB ?

And also, the definition of not giving a f**k this morning!

imcrueltocows.jpg

Thats a wee pet there :D

polod wrote: »
    Thats a wee pet there :D

Wee?? 700kg+ with a button tag, not doing too bad for her years!

polod wrote: »
    :D:D

That a new workshop ya put up there VB ?

ya mostly just for putting in machines, jeez getting these pictures to show up is a bit of effort

Wee?? 700kg+ with a button tag, not doing too bad for her years!

I could only see her head ;)

ya mostly just for putting in machines, jeez getting these pictures to show up is a bit of effort

I know what you mean, a lot of c+p but you do have a lovely set up there. Making me feel small with the same sort of set up for 15 head (ish)of sucklers:confused:

I know what you mean, a lot of c+p but you do have a lovely set up there. Making me feel small with the same sort of set up for 15 head (ish)of sucklers:confused:

When i was in ag college a few *cough* years ago :D the books where saying the average size suckler herd is 8 to 10 cows and were and prob will be continued to be housed in cow byres :D .........id still say its about average and right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

Can I ask you what kind of money you paid to get the shed walls shuttered? Fella offering to do them for me for e10 a foot, n I pay for the concrete after that. He reckons he's doing me a great deal, but it pays to be suspicious!!

johnpawl wrote: »
    Can I ask you what kind of money you paid to get the shed walls shuttered? Fella offering to do them for me for e10 a foot, n I pay for the concrete after that. He reckons he's doing me a great deal, but it pays to be suspicious!!

60x30 shed, 2500 euro walls and floor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

60x30 shed, 2500 euro walls and floor

if you dont mind me asking, what was the finished cost of the shed, and how much of it did you do.

fine job, nice and snug for the long winter evenings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement