Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Marathon - new registration procedures

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

From 2:03 => possible 2:13 in 12 months shows how brutal marathons can be...

Hope peckham is feeling ok, slowed right donw prob a smart move to just enjoy the last few miles I hope.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Itziger wrote: »
    Carnage among the elites. Fellas dropping out all over the shop.

Peckhams pace has just dropped massively. :(:(

No sign of KC through the next checkpoint yet either. :(:(

robinph wrote: »
    Peckhams pace has just dropped massively. :(:(

No sign of KC through the next checkpoint yet either. :(:(

he's jsut through now, 7:17 for the last 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Oh dear, I was really suffering in Boston 3 years ago due to the hills alone. I can only guess how the boys must be feeling in that heat! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not even watching a stream of it, but this is horrible just watching the timing page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

If KC runs sub 3 today that will be close to one of his best runs to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

If KC runs sub 3 today that will be close to one of his best runs to date.

Not worth it, he should ease off and prevent any damage.

If hartmann holds it together could be on for a great finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

2:12:41 for winner. says it all

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    If hartmann holds it together could be on for a great finish.

4th. Great run! Did not think he had that in him.

4th. Great run! Did not think he had that in him.
    Was watching his splits from about 10k , only a slight drop off over the course of the race, seems to have gotten almost perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Reading the last few pages of this thread have removed from my mind(at least for a few days) any thoughts of racing a marthon anytime soon!

Hope all hang in there and get through as best they can in the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Women's race won by Kenyan Sharon Cherop 2.31.52, 2nd place (Sumgong) only 2 seconds behind, it would have been super to see this live.

Fingers crossed for a safe finish for KC and the gang

Not worth it, he should ease off and prevent any damage.

Will place him well up the field. The marathon is a race as well as a personal time trial :)

The Kenyan Olympic selectors will have a hard time to select runners after the last 2 weeks. Mosop "only" 3rd in Rotterdam and then G Mutai (a dead cert up to now IMHO) DNFs in Boston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

The Kenyan Olympic selectors will have a hard time to select runners after the last 2 weeks. Mosop "only" 3rd in Rotterdam and then G Mutai (a dead cert up to now IMHO) DNFs in Boston.

Those running London hold all the Ace's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Kentucky Pete keeping things going nicely in the conditions. Peckham suffering more it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was thinking that as well - they'll have to start picking names out of a hat :)

The guys doing London next week must be pretty chuffed - good chance for them, weather looking good for decent times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

KC has upped the pace a bit, and is 2:52:07 after 40k. C'mon man, dig deep! Get in under that 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

I don't know Peckham from Adam, but my heart goes out to the bloke now. He's obviously staying in it out of pride. Take it easy lad.

KC 3:03:54 finish- awesome running dude, kept us all on the edge of our seats. Can't wait to read that report. Enjoy the beers!

Kentucky Pete home in 3:14:24, well done. Steadiest splits of all the three lads on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

It's 3 hours into the race for the third wavers. Temperature is now 89F ( 102F road temperature ).
    The TV coverage is shocking. Not a patch on RTE's Dublin coverage. We only saw the first two women finishing and the winning man. They didn't even get the first American finishers.

Peckham 3:52:16 at the finish. Fair play on sticking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Well done everyone, sounds like a truly horrible day out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I almost died yesterday on a 16 mile run in the slightly increased temperature we had here, can't begin to think how these guys feel in 30+ degree heat. Fair play to you all, savage running.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Peckham 3:52:16 at the finish. Fair play on sticking it out.

$hit he'll obviously be very disappointed but hopefully he was able to put the time to one side and enjoy the course. Glad the lads finished as disappointing as it is not to have run their times, it would have been way worse not to finish. The other thing is that the Boston marathon is 116 years old and I can guarantee this one will be remembered for a long long time.

The hottest I've ever ran in was 25ish degrees Celcius and that was for the last 10k. It was incredibly tough. The lads had that to contend with from the start so they have my respect. They aren't the pack of pussies I though they were ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    KC 3:03:54 finish- awesome running dude, kept us all on the edge of our seats. Can't wait to read that report. Enjoy the beers!

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Hats off to the lads... terrible shame that after the time and effort they put into the training not to mention the expense this happens... hopefully they enjoyed the experience as best they could given the circumstances..... I wonder how the pacers ( if they have pacers )got on??

Advertisement