Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Ah that's ok so hopefully its be sorted quick enough! You were getting the bumpers done weren't you can do it all now maybe at same time like.

Yeah I wanted to get the front done anyway along with the boot rust so it's not overly terrible timing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Let me know where you get it done and what they like etc too as looking to do my front bumper some stage too!!

Let me know where you get it done and what they like etc too as looking to do my front bumper some stage too!!

Will do, but I am slow to move on things :o

MuppetCheck, clear your inbox :P

Owen hodder and John Harrington are both meant to be very good on tramore road! Last place I had body work was Waterford after a ""work colleague" hit my car and drove off! Luckily caught the git on cameras! Was good job too and reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Would mobil one oil be as good as castrol edge or has anyone used Mobil one used Mobil 3000 in my focus before and found it good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Bpmull wrote: »
    Would mobil one oil be as good as castrol edge or has anyone used Mobil one used Mobil 3000 in my focus before and found it good.

I use it in my car, seems grand!

Owen hodder and John Harrington are both meant to be very good on tramore road! Last place I had body work was Waterford after a ""work colleague" hit my car and drove off! Luckily caught the git on cameras! Was good job too and reasonable

Our family use Kenny brothers usually as he's my dad's best friend so it's handy out, all their stuff has been great.

Might call to a few places tomorrow if there open get a few quotes on tramore road so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

If either of you are near Charleville a fellow local to me is very good and not expensive.

• Advertisement

nd wrote: »
    If either of you are near Charleville a fellow local to me is very good and not expensive.

Cheers but no where near there unfortunately!

Shure that's the Shticks, what would I be doing down there :pac:

It would also require traversing the hell that is Buttevant or Donneraile, feck that!

And the fellow I know is actually a few miles inside the Limerick border, so wild country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So yeah, that's broken.
    Link to pic, it's a bit graphic.
    SNAP

Surgery tomorrow, could certainly use an auto for a few months. :p

CianRyan wrote: »
    So yeah, that's broken.
    SNAP

Jaysis you rightly wrote that off!

Hope it heals as quick as it can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

So yeah, that's broken.
    SNAP

Jesus that's a clean break. What you do punch the wall or fall over skipping or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus that's a clean break. What you do punch the wall or fall over skipping or something?

Threw a big hook to the body, lad I was sparring with threw his elbow up to block, my forearm hit smack dead centre on his elbow... He is a BIG guy. Anyone else I'd say is have been grand. Haha

Waiting to talk to the doctors one last time I think and then I'll be off to sleep.
    Had a quick nap but jaysus I'm wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

ouch!

Worth calling into Forge Hill Motors, great outfit and won't rip you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

And the fellow I know is actually a few miles inside the Limerick border, so wild country!

I may have had work done by him before, through somebody else. Far better than the donkeys in limerick city that did a similar job recently. Pm on its way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ok, i'll put this in the right place this time!!

Had the experience of driving my mates dads 2009 s320 merc. 3.2 diesel, oh mah gurd. 0-60 in no time. Completely different animal to any other car I've driven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Had the experience of driving my mates dads 2009 s320 merc. 3.2 diesel, oh mah gurd. 0-60 in no time. Completely different animal to any other car I've driven.

Torque and a smooth autobox can make any car feel fast :)

But not (no time) fast :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Torque and a smooth autobox can make any car feel fast :)

But not (no time) fast :p

+1
    It's a big lazy executive car with a torquey engine, most certainly not "no time" fast!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So yeah, that's broken.
    SNAP

Ouch hope it heals fast

10390248_800894909976348_8001849069007999490_n.jpg?oh=c1cb2e4f8a0580194198350de245d8a4&oe=555B0549&__gda__=1428452032_138618d57ebe691f2a2a2b6f0169f816

+1 It's a big lazy executive car with a torquey engine, most certainly not "no time" fast!

Ah ya, but compared to what I drive day to day, 1.8 diesels with 125bhp... it's fast. Leave me alone, I hadn't the privilege of driving a 535d daily :pac:

3.0 OM642 powered presumably?

Augeo wrote:
    3.0 OM642 powered presumably?

That's what I thought, but he was sure it's a 3.2. Still on english plates (has beem for the last 2 years!) so can't remember the reg to check!

Sure from the introduction of the w221 there was no 3.2 diesel!
    It only came with a 3.0 diesel

If it's a 2009 and a 3.2 diesel I'll eat my hat.
    And post photos of it, with a custard pot or whatever.

I tried saying that very point, but he's the sort of old fella that his way is right, and no one else could possibly be right. It's a 3.2 and that's that! I'll take a few snaps next time I'm near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I tried saying that very point, but he's the sort of old fella that his way is right, and no one else could possibly be right. It's a 3.2 and that's that! I'll take a few snaps next time I'm near it.

No such a thing. OM642 was a 3.0

I should know, was on for buying a set of turbos from one. Untill I saw how much they were!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just throw the plate into a site and find out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Old diesel wrote: »
    Best of luck with the new job.

But you don't have to leave us :eek: (the forum)

Ah I'm not leaving at all :D
    Sure who would be here to tell ye nothing but bad luck stories? :D

So I'm selling my 9-5 and getting one of these utter beasts :D

daewoo_2004_matiz_2.jpg

daewoo_2004_matiz_2.jpg

Set off alloys, cut springs, sun strip, tinted windows, Nuremberg sticker, big exhaust pipe hanging out the back, wind deflectors and ridiculously blue bulbs.

She'd be some yoke then :pac:

I've been having strange dreams of tiny 4 wheel drive hatchbacks with huge engines lately for some reason.

Just a reminder to folks that c+c various places is on tomorrow.

Set off alloys, cut springs, sun strip, tinted windows, Nuremberg sticker, big exhaust pipe hanging out the back, wind deflectors and ridiculously blue bulbs.

She'd be some yoke then :pac:

She'd go like the clappers lawd! :pac:

I've been offered one for 150ish, needs a head gasket, but from looking at the workshop manuals online its as easy as changing a tyre it seems!

She'd go like the clappers lawd! :pac:

I've been offered one for 150ish, needs a head gasket, but from looking at the workshop manuals online its as easy as changing a tyre it seems!

Sure the whole engine probably weighs about the same as a bag of flour :pac: ah no seriously I'd imagine they would be straight forward enough to do a hg on and most mechanical work in general. Are you thinking of fixing it up testing it and flogging it on ?

Sure the whole engine probably weighs about the same as a bag of flour :pac: ah no seriously I'd imagine they would be straight forward enough to do a hg on and most mechanical work in general. Are you thinking of fixing it up testing it and flogging it on ?

Pretty much yeah! parts are cheap as chips, the most expensive thing seems to be getting the had skimmed like, 70 euro all in!

Pretty much yeah! parts are cheap as chips, the most expensive thing seems to be getting the had skimmed like, 70 euro all in!

Sure why not even if everything went wrong you could still scrap it and wouldn't loss much. And it will give you a bit of experience on doing a head gasket and working on something different.

• Advertisement

Sure why not even if everything went wrong you could still scrap it and wouldn't loss much. And it will give you a bit of experience on doing a head gasket and working on something different.

Exactly my thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭Dartz

Cars and Coffee was interesting.

Some nice cars.

****e Coffee though.

daewoo_2004_matiz_2.jpg

My sisters first car. I still have nightmares about it 15 years later. A pipe somehow managed to burst and leak into the passenger footwell destroying a brand new pair of shoes I was wearing.

My sisters first car. I still have nightmares about it 15 years later. A pipe somehow managed to burst and leak into the passenger footwell destroying a brand new pair of shoes I was wearing.

How ghastly was the experience? I sat in it the other day and thought "my god" :o

How ghastly was the experience? I sat in it the other day and thought "my god" :o

Horrific is an understatement. The thing would tend to brake down in the worst possible places. The Conor pass, the m7, tarbert to killimer car ferry etc

Horrific is an understatement. The think would tend to brake down in the worst possible places. The Conor pass, the m7, tarbert to killimer car ferry etc

Nothing im not used to so! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wonder if we will have meet any time soon. I can actually afford petrol and get someone to fully clean my car now. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I wouldn't recommend crashing one either! :eek:

cheryqq_cheryqq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I wonder if we will have meet any time soon. I can actually afford petrol and get someone to fully clean my car now. :D

I think we are due one alright but when people constantly pull out, it ends up being 2 or 3 people left and that's just sh!te.

This forum used have a great buzz about it and that was normally down to loads of people going to the meets and putting faces to names etc. The last couple that have been organised at Midway at least, have been utter washouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

It's been 3 years and a week since the first major motors meet in midway with the largest turnout.

I remember because the penalty points i got on the way down to it are coming off the licence in the next few weeks.

Also is my car advert reasonable ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think we are due one alright but when people constantly pull out, it ends up being 2 or 3 people left and that's just sh!te.

This forum used have a great buzz about it and that was normally down to loads of people going to the meets and putting faces to names etc. The last couple that have been organised at Midway at least, have been utter washouts.

Well, we had a lot of fun that time. I dont know about other meets as I just pretty much could not afford it. :o

Worth giving it a shot again though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement