Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Bay Packers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

not really considering he is one of our few D players who show up to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

not really considering he is one of our few D players who show up to play

You are not wrong there

Maybe the D line could take an example .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

cosatron wrote: »
    looks like ted Thompson and mike McCarthy are going shopping. according to nfl.com we have 30m in free cap space and they are looking into the free agency market to strengthen the defence. Looks like there is a big push for a sb, if true, considering our offence can be special if they stay healthy. will capers still be the stumbling block or is it just a case for a few more body. Michael Bennett would be awesome to get but he won't face to his brother twice a year. who would you like to see come in.

And then Free Agency comes along...

tumbleweed.jpg

We are shipping em out quick enough at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭cosatron

And then Free Agency comes along...

tumbleweed.jpg

why do they constantly get my hopes up. There was so many players I was hoping they would go for that would improve our D but unfortunately they didn't bite. Imagine the damage Demarcus ware and Matthews would do.

cosatron wrote: »
    why do they constantly get my hopes up. There was so many players I was hoping they would go for that would improve our D but unfortunately they didn't bite. Imagine the damage Demarcus ware and Matthews would do.

As good as ware is he is getting old....Build in the draft or trade up for clowney!! (never ever going to happen!!

No news on Free Agency again today apart from Owen Daniels making a visit and Finley visiting Seattle.

Early days yet but we're going to have a ****load of gaps to fill if we get FA wrong.

We kept raji but lost EDS

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭darklighter

We kept raji but lost EDS

Rodgers won't be happy losing EDS!

• Advertisement

Rodgers won't be happy losing EDS!

I suspect the poster "Evan Dietrich Smith" here may also be miffed!

Disappointed EDS is gone, he's been excellent since beating out Jeff Saturday for the starting role.

Raji's contract is a plus though. Has to earn himself a decent this season coming.

As I said before, we've quite a few gaps to fill and we're only likely to get 3-4 starters at a push from the draft. Surely Ted is going to have to make some moves especially seeing as McCarthy is said to prefer a vet at center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

So, Julius Peppers. Not bad at all.

I suspect the poster "Evan Dietrich Smith" here may also be miffed!

:eek:

For sure....emmm how do you change a handle round here?:confused:

Only kiddin, now what are the Pack gonna do at C..

JC Tretter.. Don Barclay ? TJ lang.. Or import one.

Thought that ******** Dietrich Smith would stay.

We've signed Letroy Guion, a DT from the Vikes.

But gone is James Jones to the Raiders.

We've signed Letroy Guion, a DT from the Vikes.

But gone is James Jones to the Raiders.

Jones clearly is cashing in one last time to head there tbh.

I think we'll probably sign a vetern for little money and draft a centre project

• Advertisement

Jones clearly is cashing in one last time to head there tbh.

I think we'll probably sign a vetern for little money and draft a centre project

Jones is right ,good player and has a bit of class,I wish him well .

Packers are good at WR with Nelson/Boykin/Cobb/myles White plus what're re they can get in the draft.

How ti me flies though, not long ago Driver/ Jones/Jennings were the big three,now all gone.

Oh I've no problem with him going my point is Raiders have nobody that can throw him the ball!

Oh I've no problem with him going my point is Raiders have nobody that can throw him the ball!

Only have to look at Jennings to see how pointless it is to pay big money to a receiver coming from the likes of Rodgers, Brady and Manning going to a mid level to poor QB. They can't throw the ball to themselves!

Marshall Newhouse has departed for the Bengals.

Aaron Rodgers will sleep a little easier tonight.

So our draft picks have been finalised with the compensatory picks thrown in (until Ted trades back the way for more picks!)

Round: Overall
    1: 21
    2: 53
    3: 85
    3: 98
    4: 121
    5: 161
    5: 176
    6: 197
    7: 236

Any ideas on what people would like to see drafted? I know Clinton-Dix is top of a lot of peoples list, but it's very possible he will be off the board when it comes to our pick and given Micah Hyde is being touted as a possible move to safety then it may be worthwhile picking up a safety in rounds 2-4?

The consensus top ten-fifteen draft picks look likely to be any order of Bortles, Clowney, Bridgewater, Manziel, Mack, Watkins, Robinson, Lewan, Evans, Matthews, Ebron, Gilbert, Jernigan, Donald, Barr, Clinton-Dix.

After that you have the following possibilities:

WR: Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Marqise Lee.
    LB: CJ Mosley, Kyle Van Noy, Ryan Shazier, Chris Borland.
    DE: Kony Ealy, Trent Murphy.
    DL: Stephon Tuitt, Rashede Hagemann.
    TE: Jace Amaro.
    CB: Darqueze Dennard, Kyle Fuller, Bradley Roby, Marcus Roberson.
    S: Calvin Pryor.
    OT: Zack Martin, Cyrus Kouandjio.

Feel free to add your own, but who would you go with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'd go for Pryor if he's there. If not, I'd try to move back and maybe pick up another 3rd if possible. They could then package a third and their 2nd to move up in the 2nd round. That would give them the chance to pick up 2 of your list there which I think would be a very good haul.

Hmmm seems to be a bit of a change in the Packers D-Line.

CJ Wilson gone to Oakland and with free agency leaves only one road grader in there BJ Raji and he is only on a one year!

Seems they are going for more mobile DLinemen,Datone Jones,Worthy,Daniels, etc all a tad undersized for the run stuffing operation.

Aimed at Kaepernick..... Is it:D

Will be interesting.

Going for a more athletic approach alrite. Hopefully it clicks.

As for the draft I would go for Pryor as we really suffered in ss and fs last year. So that needs to be addressed.

What's the story with FB are we going to keep Kuhn or will we pick up somebody in the later rounds?

I worry about having undersized guys on D. Only need to look at the likes of Hawk and how they've been batted aside by RB's and receivers. Now I guess part of that is down to tackling technique (look at the likes of Kyle Van Noy in college wrap up guys in tackles and he's quite small for a linebacker) but it's not all that long ago we couldn't stop teams running all over us - we were giving up 4.7 and 4.5 yards on average in 2011 and 2012 respectively.

I worry about having undersized guys on D. Only need to look at the likes of Hawk and how they've been batted aside by RB's and receivers. Now I guess part of that is down to tackling technique (look at the likes of Kyle Van Noy in college wrap up guys in tackles and he's quite small for a linebacker) but it's not all that long ago we couldn't stop teams running all over us - we were giving up 4.7 and 4.5 yards on average in 2011 and 2012 respectively.

Someone said it best. After the draft we will have all the talent available that Capers will have nowhere else to hide if our D is **** this season

Nice to see Kuhn re -signed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

I would not quite agree with that assessment,certainly the first bit of it.

Is rated very highly as a pass protector by most analytic sites.

Not a threat in short yardage goaline situations anymore but as you quite rightly say signed for just above the NFL minimum and a year contract.

Good move in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Patww79 wrote: »

Bollix FB is the most under-rated position in modern football. Its akin to a "special" situational player on off, when you have a truly great FB it can create a psychological flux on the D and also bring a great package play that can question the D at a front level. Watch Kuhn plays v 49ers for some basic creative plays. Plus just for pure brute force on short down situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Reassuring to have Flynn back as replacement QB.

Flynn fits well into McCarthy's offense and with a full pre-season behind him he gives Green Bay a back-up as good as, or better, than most NFL teams.

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Reassuring to have Flynn back as replacement QB.

Flynn fits well into McCarthy's offense and with a full pre-season behind him he gives Green Bay a back-up as good as, or better, than most NFL teams.

Will be interesting to see what we do in the draft regarding a QB. There was talk a while back that Thompson was looking at drafting a QB somewhere in the mid to late rounds but that'll surely go by the wayside now that Flynn is resigned and Tolzien is also there as a development QB?

As a backup, we couldn't do much better than Flynn given the scheme etc.

Packers Regular Season Schedule (All times Eastern)
    Week 1: Thursday, Sep. 4, at Seattle, 8:30 PM
    Week 2: Sunday, Sep. 14, NY Jets, 4:25 PM
    Week 3: Sunday, Sep. 21, at Detroit, 1:00 PM
    Week 4: Sunday, Sep. 28, at Chicago, 1:00 PM
    Week 5: Thursday, Oct. 2, Minnesota, 8:25 PM
    Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 12, at Miami, 1:00 PM
    Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 19, Carolina, 1:00 PM
    Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 26, at New Orleans, 8:30 PM
    Week 9: BYE
    Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 9, Chicago, 8:30 PM
    Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 16, Philadelphia, 1:00 PM
    Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 23, at Minnesota, 1:00 PM
    Week 13: Sunday, Nov. 30, New England, 4:25 PM
    Week 14: Monday, Dec. 8, Atlanta, 8:30 PM
    Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 14, at Buffalo, 1:00 PM
    Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 21, at Tampa Bay, 1:00 PM
    Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 28, Detroit, 1:00 PM

Pretty good schedule for us tbh expect at most 4 losses if AR isn injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In Chicago until October 1st this year. I'm gonna do everything in my power to get a ticket to the week 4 game against the Bears in Soldier Field. That or I'll head north for the Jets game :D

Didn't expect to get Clinton-Dix but happy with that.

Where do people see our next pick coming from?

seiphil wrote: »
    Didn't expect to get Clinton-Dix but happy with that.

Where do people see our next pick coming from?

Happy Haha day everyone! :D

Hopefully he doesn't pick up the watery tackling bug that plagues our defence. Massive to have him and Burnett there now with some good corners.

As for the next pick - BPA from TE, ILB and WR for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Any of Noy, ASJ, Nix, and to lesser extents Bortland or Amaro would be a dream.

My take on our draft...

1 (21). Haha Clinton-Dix: Over the moon about this pick, A+. Going into this draft there was literally almost nobody in the entire draft I wanted more, top 10 picks included (when you factor in need). Obviously I would have taken Mack or Clowney over him but they were not happening for a number of reasons and were not of need. I was certain he was not going to make it near us, but he just kept on slipping... watching the draft from the Rams second pick on was absolutely nerve-jangling, all the way down to the Saints trading in above us despite their quality Vaccaro/Byrd pairing there.

There was debate over Pryor, Ward and Clinton-Dixon and it all came down to need. Personally I rare Haha the highest overall, but the other two are stronger around the box. Thing is, this IS NOT what we needed. Burnett is decent in that SS role, what we needed was someone to take the Nick Collins role of covering the deep ball, and we needed it possibly worse than any team needed to fill any defensive position in the entire league. Say goodbye to being 100% definite that in third and long, we will give up the first down (and always over the middle)!

Also despite the criticism of our secondary, the corners are very good - Shields, Williams (he got a bit better again last year), Hyde, Hayward returning, and though not great House and Bush offer ok depth as the 5th and 6th choices (and Bush is a ST beast, not to be underestimated).

I am generally not a big fan of 40 times and here is why... a good few think he dropped due to timing at 4.58. Who cares? Ed Reed, in my opinion perhaps the best deep zone safety of all time had a 4.57.

A+

• Advertisement

2 (53). Devonte Adams: When this pick came in I was not delighted as I didn't know too much about him, and because I thought other needs were higher (with Rodgers, our passing game will always be dangerous regardless of the WRs). But after looking into it more, I am happier now.

He has been described as both "a poor man's Crabtree" and "James Jones with better hands". He is a bit slow and sometimes struggles with separation, but with our 3, 4 and 5 WR sets I would not worry much at all about that, particularly as Rodgers is as good as anyone ever at spreading the ball around and finding the open man when they get open. Also, he has the knack those two guys to come up with contested balls time and again, and almost never makes those Jones-esque infuriating drops. Oh, and here are his numbers from the last two seasons... 2012: 102 catches, 1312 yards, 14 TD... 2013: 131, 1718, 24 TD!! :eek:

With Rodgers back, Lacy as well and now this guy should make us one of the very, very best teams in the redzone. I am also generally a big fan of a versatile receiving corps, and he very much gives us that. I like Bodmin, but he is just a solid guy who will make some catches, he doesn't have a standout attribute. With Nelson it is his speed and being maybe the best in the league at circus catches by the sidelines, with Cobb it is YAC and having that sneaky a lot ability to get open in tight spaces, and now with Adams much like Jones it is physicality and toughness, again with more steady hands.

I would put this pick at a B+.

3 (85). Khyri Thornton: I am not so sure of this pick, and really wish the Texans had not traded up ahead of us for Nix here. Nix has some red flags that do worry, but I would love to know if we would have gone for Thornton over him or not. Apparently has the build to take over for Pickets or possibly even in the nose, but will need to add more mass before being ready (currently 6'2, 316lbs). His upside is quite big, but he also needs work and some people question if he had the drive to reach it. He is however said to be light on his feet with an absolute tonne of strength that he is good at translating to power right off the snap on his first push. That is something our line could use as Raj has played lazy in recent seasons and while Pickets has been great and still is useful consuming space, he a has lot that initial meant with age.

Unlike some others I don't think our defensive line is that bad at all, it is just very young and has been misused by Capers a good deal. We don't know what will happen with Ray which is why I would have liked someone like Nix and pickets is getting in. However Daniels came on strong last year, and 3-4 DL typically takes a long while to develop in... Datones quiet rookie season does not worry me in the slightest, and Worthy had injuries to deal with.

I would give this pick a C, though I figure it winds up a complete hit or complete miss either way.

3 comp (98). Richard Rodgers: The last time we drafted a guy from Cal called Rodgers it worked out alright. :p

Still, I don't think this was a great pick. It's really weird to see Ted Thompson reach for need, he is usually a BPA type as much as you will find. I do think think he will do much for us to be honest, he doesn't have much explosive speed and isn't known as a smooth route runner or anything. Hopefully I am wrong and Ted Thompson makes everyone look like idiots again, but I see this guy being a very average player and struggling to make it past his second year with us. His dad is the ST coach for the Panthers though, so maybe he can offer something there.

TE is a big need for us at this point. Lee are not the type of team to put players health at risk (see: nick collins) and so I highly doubt Finley will be back, but at this point I really am hoping he gets better and we pick him up on so. Etching cheap and short term. I am higher on Quarless than most, but he is more of a very solid blocker who can make you pay a little for completely ignoring him when he runs so a route.

Otherwise I really hope we pick up someone like Skov as a UDFA or even a guy like Winslow in a 1yr vet minimum deal.

I would give this a D, probably would have been a D- if we didn't have such a huge need. Most had him as a 6th round guy at best from what I understand. I would have liked us to use this pick on someone like Russell Bodice at center or maybe a couple with the versatility to move inside and give depth at S also.

4 (121). Carl Bradford: I like this pick a lot, but not as an OLD where he had so many sacks in college as he doesn't have the length. Expect him to play I'M and to finally give us the effective blitzed that we have been missing since Desmond Bishop. That has been a huge element our defense has been missing... remember, Bishop forced THAT fumble in the Superbowl.

He is a bit undersized, not too much though and it shouldn't be a huge worry as Clay has shown you can overcome that. Also like Clay he has a high, high motor and plays with huge energy on top of having a mean streak. Expect him to cause havoc inside on 3rd and long if the oppositions blockers don't give him enough attention and instead just look to cover the DEs/OLBs at and outside the tackles.

There is no guarantee is makes it, but I am grading this an A. Gives us more energy and meanness in our front 7 along with Thornton, could be of huge importance even as a rookie of 3rd down.

Brad Jones struggled badly this season but I still like him as a guy to rotate around the LB spots so that is another possible added benefit.

4 (161). Corey Linsley: I am not mad on this pick, but it isn't terrible either. He is meant to be slow-ish and weighs a shade 300lbs... But he is strong as a bull with 36 reps, with a max of over 500lbs! Apparently a low ceiling type guy whose skillet is nothing fantastic, but comparisons have been made with Wells and EDS.

An issues I would take is that I would have rather a guard here behind the proven combo of Lang/Sitton, then take a journeyman FA at low cost to compete with Tretter as center, if we weren't going to get one of the top few guys there.

I'll give it a C. Might have been a notch higher if we had retained EDS or had a proven starter ahead of him but he could still be a decent player and if he turns out to be that, he looks a decent fit for our system.

6 (176). Jared Abbrederis: I loved our late WE pickups and it's classic Ted Thompson taking advantage of BPAs in a deep, deep draft of receivers. In other years this guy could have gone as high as the third round. With Adams already taken, I think this is the end of Myles White who wasn't terrible but was definitively "just a guy" again without any standout attribute that I mentioned earlier about Boykin.

His ha d's need work but he at best will be our 4th guy so no big worries there and he has some serious talent to learn from as well as Rodgers throwing to him. He also has a concussion history, which is a legit worry... but the upside is undeniable.

Supposed to be a great character guy, potentially very dangerous in the slot (also helpful in case Cobb wants money we can't afford next year) and should make a big impact as a returner immediately, which in turn allows us to keep Cobb rested for the offense.

A+ absolutely love this pick.

• Advertisement

6 (197). Demeter Goodson: an odd pick, but considering it is right by the 200 mark I kind of like it.

First, the downside... He was a basketball player until very recently, is still very new to the sport and will be a25 year old rookie. If he were 3 or 4 years younger I would be ecstatic with this pick, but there is a huge chance he won't develop. It's quite realistic that he never makes the team, and never even plays and NFL roster in his career. He could easily be a completely wasted pick where a lineman might have helped out (Henderson or Leno Jr) , where we could have taken McCullers for depth at NT (6'7, 352lbs... that guy is huge!) or even a developmental QB like Boyd or further S depth in Dowding.

The upside: he is an athlete, full stop. His measurable were through the roof and if he gets the knack of the position he could be a really, really good NFL player. With Hyde and Hayward we have two great guys inside, so he offers us a bit more outside to go with Shields and Tramon (House is a bit of a tweener to me). With our depth in the secondary we can use him very sparingly and his athleticism could show up well on special teams.

I give this a B-, could be a completely wasted pick but since for a pick right around #200, it doesn't hurt to absolutely swing for the fences.

Billy86 wrote: »
    6 (176). Jared Abbrederis: I loved our late WE pickups and it's classic Ted Thompson taking advantage of BPAs in a deep, deep draft of receivers. In other years this guy could have gone as high as the third round. With Adams already taken, I think this is the end of Myles White who wasn't terrible but was definitively "just a guy" again without any standout attribute that I mentioned earlier about Boykin.

His ha d's need work but he at best will be our 4th guy so no big worries there and he has some serious talent to learn from as well as Rodgers throwing to him. He also has a concussion history, which is a legit worry... but the upside is undeniable.

Supposed to be a great character guy, potentially very dangerous in the slot (also helpful in case Cobb wants money we can't afford next year) and should make a big impact as a returner immediately, which in turn allows us to keep Cobb rested for the offense.

A+ absolutely love this pick.

First let me say good write up as I haven't had a chance to follow the draft with whats happened in KK this week so this break down is much appreciated. Make no mistake packers will not let cobb walk!

7 (236). Jeff Janis: Well... we look loaded at receiver again. Janis, Jared, Adams, Cobb and Nelson. Also White and Boykin, though the former is surely gone and the latter will be in a real struggle to keep his roster spot too. Incredible, and another fantastic value pick late on for TT with a player that in other seasons would have gone far earlier.

Cobb and Nelsons contracts are both up last year, Jared was great insurance for the former and Janis could be for the latter in case they go looking for more money than we can give. It also offsets our weakness at TE somewhat.

He did play in a weak conference in college buys the second day all time receiver there with 4,305 yards, last season had 83 catches for 1,573 yards (nearly 20 per catch!) and 14 TDs. He also has 103 for 1635 and 17 on 2012 and despite the lower conference he plays in got invited to this year's Senior Bowl. He has drawn comparisons to Bill Schroeder and Jordy Nelson, and at 6'3, 220lbs is also extremely quick, with a 4.42 40.

Due to lower level he played at in college and our depth at WR he might have a tough time making the roster, but for pick #236 he still has a solid chance and the upside is very noticeable. Don't expect much from him as a rookie at all as he will also need some time to acclimatise to such a higher level of opposition even if he does make the 53, but he has massive upside. To be honest, my biggest worry is exactly what it was with Charles Johnson deep in the 7th last year... if he doesn't make the 53, we almost definitely won't be able to keep him on the practice squad.

A-, the only criticism I have here is that we could have jumped for a versatile offensive lineman, big body NT or perhaps rangy safety or de elopement QB type (though I really like Matt Flynn as backup in our system), but there is good foresight to this and Jareds picks this year with Cobb and Nelson in contract years, and the value for them is brilliant. Should help offset our TE weakness somewhat.

Overall grade: A-

First, the negatives:
    - We didn't get the TE we desperately need, but there was no point in taking Amaro or Ask in the first or Fiedorwicz in the second so no real complaints... Still, Rodgers was a poor reach in my opinion. We should have looked to get someone in the 6th or 7th like him or Skov because the drop off was huge after the top guys. We could have, and I hope we still do, supplement this with a 1yr cheap deal for a Kellen Winslow or Dustin Keller. Or in a perfect world, Finley if he recovers. But we do need something more than what we have, much as I like Quarley as a #2.

- We addressed the wrong OR position. Just my opinion and Linsley does seem like an OK guy who could fit our system but with proven and experienced guys at guard and (essentially) a rookie in Tretter who has never taken an NFL snap I would have preferred a rookie at guard and average, cheap journeyman at C (yes, even if that led to another Saturday situation, though preferably not someone as old). Not a major complaint, just a minor gripe. Maybe Barclay might be rotated at guard if Sherrod is fit and ready to back up at T?

- I would have liked a big body insurance type for Raj, like a mix or later on McCullers. Thornton strikes me as more of a Pickett than a Raj. Thornton and McCullers would have been a handy duo. Mind you, I completely forgot we signed Leroy Guion so it might not be too much of an issue.

Now, the positives:
    - WE HAVE A DEEP ZONE SAFETY!!! Not only that but the best guy in the draft for it. He was my number 1 guy for us in the entire draft, none of the other safeties filled our need deep in the backfield at all in my opinion... And we got him. Happiest I have been about any pick of ours in years. Incredible, and after Bridgewater perhaps the best value-meets-need pick in the entire draft.

- Those three receivers. Our James Jones replacement (with better hands), and our Cobb and Nelson insurance all with great value, the latter two especially. Expect Adams and Jared to make some waves immediately, and I really hope we Janis gets the 5th/6th spot as he could be a quality player by his 2nd or 3rd year. If you had told me we would get 3 Was before the Draft, I would not have been too happy about it, but the value with the latter two completely chances my outlook. Elated.

- Bradford. He looks like he could be the next Des Bishop at ILB for us, something that a lot of people overlook us as missing badly since he left. He also gives us more attitude and motor to accompany CMIII in our LBs. Anyone who remembers Bishop will remember his aggression, and even though it caused him to over commit at times, it was hugely valuable and blogs been missed a lot. I only expect to see much of him on 3rd down and with big leads (eg. passing plays) as a rookie, but he should be a big help there.

- We addressed nearly all of our needs at least adequately outside of guard and TE. If we can get a Winslow/Keller on a cheap, short contract and maybe something similar at interior OL this will have been a fantastic off season.

Now let's pray Capers doesn't f*** it all up on us.

Nice write ups Billy. Going to have a look at all the drafted players in the next day or so. Watched some of the Carl Bradford tape, was very impressed.

Oh and another draft we pick up a 'hybrid' DE.. they just can't help themselves! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement