Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE HEAT, I feel liek I AM GOING INSANE...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

It was that warm. It was averaging 26c in my cycle on the sun. This same thing comes up every time we have this thread. All the met eireann and weather reports are taken from thermometers that are in a box, so they're in the shade. And the boxes have airholes, so they get a breeze if there is one. If you're sitting in the sun it's going to be a lot warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    It's too warm to go to sleep :(

I second that, I have a fan on and it's pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

KungPao wrote: »
    Yeah, 17 degrees. Ouch! We weren't designed for these extreme temperatures!

Where I am, near Hamilton, Ontario, it is currently 26 celsius (feels like 30 on the humidex meter). More of the same all week.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Yup. I was talking to a woman with beauty spots on her cleavage. I was a goner from the beginning :o

But where's there's sun, there's...

:cool:

Sunglasses.

Did you know that women can legally walk around topless where I live?
    We even have nude beaches. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Jimmyie wrote: »
    - LETS ALL GET TOGETHER NACKED AND GO IN THE SEA AND GO SURFING AND STUFF.

ALso, the other other very fun THING is CHRISTMAS, the feeling. ALSO, OMG I JUST CAME UP WITH THE BEST IDEA, what if you pay someone to buy you random presents with that money, THEN YOU take DMT before you go to bed, then wake up on christmas night AND GET THE PRESENTS

uwatmate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Spunge wrote: »
    uwatmate

He's already taken the dmt, don't you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It was 42 degrees celsius where I live before I left last week to visit Ireland. Stop moaning! It's nice and warm, not hot.

It's going to be scorchio today. Already 15° and I'm sitting here in shorts and tshirt with all the windows in the house open. Might crack out the paddling pool later. :cool:

mad muffin wrote: »
    It's going to be scorchio today. Already 15° and I'm sitting here in shorts and tshirt with all the windows in the house open. Might crack out the paddling pool later. :cool:

It's nearly 3:30 in the morning and feeling like 23 here and I actually feel cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

46 degrees here but feels allot hotter due to the humidity. Jogging has been put off for early morning / evening when it cools down to a nice 30.

http://www.bbc.com/weather/287286

I'll be home soon and well wrapped up for anything under 25.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    46 degrees here but feels allot hotter due to the humidity. Jogging has been put off for early morning / evening when it cools down to a nice 30.

http://www.bbc.com/weather/287286

I'll be home soon and well wrapped up for anything under 25.

I bet you will be! 42 to 44 is about the highest I have seen it in my area. Of course it feels higher with the humidity factored in. Generally that only happens here off and on from July to September but when it gets that hot it just sucks the life out of you.

Better bring a warm parka when you get back home. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lyaiera wrote: »
    It was that warm. It was averaging 26c in my cycle on the sun. This same thing comes up every time we have this thread. All the met eireann and weather reports are taken from thermometers that are in a box, so they're in the shade. And the boxes have airholes, so they get a breeze if there is one. If you're sitting in the sun it's going to be a lot warmer.

Of course it's going to be warmer sitting in the sun.

All temperatures around the world are measured in the shade.

Today is forecast for 19-21 degrees in Dublin, that is very pleasant but seriously it's by no means warm or uncomfortable.

Its certainly hot these days, its just about the right temp during the day(don't know how people enjoy living in places where its 10 degrees hotter or more all the time).

But I really wish it got cold at night, I haven't slept as well as I would like for the last while due to the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Lyaiera wrote: »

Those boxes are the only way the accurately measure the air temperature. You do realise weather forecast are given in air temperature, right?

My car said 26*C the other day and it because my driveway absorbs the Sun's heat and then radiates it back out, thus, making the air above my driveway warmer.

If we covered the entire country in black tarmac, we would get seriously high temperatures compared to other countries.

Also, the breeze doesn't affect the thermometers. Only lifeforms feel the cooling effect of the wind. Look up wind chill on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just a puddle of sweat atm. It's disgusting. I want cold weather again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Warm about covers it. Hot was what I felt in Dubai. First night I was there, we went to an "Irish pub" (don't ask), and when we came out, the wind was blowing from the general direction of Riyadh. The car thermometer read 43°C ... at midnight. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

This song is about exactly this. How the Irish complain about the weather, then it gets hot and everyone complains again, and then are secretly relieved when it goes back to the usual pishy weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37M3ylDALSg

anything over 12 degrees and I'm dying

i prefer the cold SERIOUSLY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Went for a walk there and the sweat was lashing off me, humid today. Gonna lie here all day now and allow this fan to constantly blow air on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Yeeeesh, people complaining about a mere 20°C - when I was living in Malaysia, it averaged at 35°C there <_<;

• Advertisement

Yeah. Imagine living on the equator where the mean temperature is 30° day and night all year round, with humidity always around 100% :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Irish people love complaining about 'the heat.'.

In my local gym there are people who come in to use the sauna, they sit down and immediately start complaining "ah jaysus, it's too hot in here for me, it's shockin' hot".

It's a sauna for feck sake, it's supposed to be hot. I wouldn't mind, but most of the saunas in Ireland are way too cool, and it's because of the 'it's too hot in here' brigade. But that's a rant for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Nothing like a weather c*ck measuring contest thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I think Irish people all all farmers at heart when it comes to the weather no matter where we live.

Good Weather : "Jaysus, you'd miss the drop of rain, this heat is wrecking the crops"

Bad Weather : "Jaysus will this rain ever end, it's wrecking the crops"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yeah. Imagine living on the equator where the mean temperature is 30° day and night all year round, with humidity always around 100% :eek:

Our bodies would be used to it by then. I'm a cold weather person, I walk around in t-shirts in December and January and don't even feel it. In warm weather, even if relatively, our current weather isn't warm in comparison to other countries, I'm a mess. Constant sweating and headaches, and not functioning as well as I would normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I went to Australia last year on a one year working holiday visa. I only managed 8 weeks. Something people dont tell you is that the breeze over there is a hot breeze. Like a hair dryer in your face. And it wasn't even the start of summer yet! The heat over there made me sick and it wasn't worth it.

When I landed back here it was -1 and it was lovely. Wore a t-shirt.

Irish summers are grand. Its just a week and you get over it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

If I can't spend a few hours outside without my skin getting burned and getting a headache then it's too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Pffft. It's actually freezing. I used to live on the sun and it was 10 million degrees. At night. I'm wearing 12 jumpers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jimmyie will become a boards legend long before his account spirals out of control and is banned from existance. Post on, brother-man, post on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think it's an Irish thing to complain about those who are complaining about those who are complaining about those who are complaining about the weather.

All I care about is that it holds up so I don't have to dig out my wintery clothes again (which I've packed away) when I visit next month! Hold up, Irish weather. Hold up!

Crap, I just put my Winter stuff away last week, expecting not to see them until December after I've moved house but now that I think of it, I'll need most of it for Ireland in July :(

Advertisement