Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE HEAT, I feel liek I AM GOING INSANE...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

At least it's nothing like last summer. A few sunny days here and there is fine, but an extended heatwave is horribly unpleasant. That's my idea of 'bad weather'. It'll get a bit cooler and cloudier later in the week, so this isn't too bad.

I'm already looking forward to autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

OSI wrote: »
    Whatever you're taking, stop it, stop it it now!

And give us some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

e_e wrote: »
    Don't mind the sun/heat all that much but hay fever is an absolute bastard.
    Have you tried eating some locally produced honey? It really does help for some reason. I don't question why, I'm just happy that it makes it less of a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's not even 20° and people are moaning about the "heat". Imagine if it was actually hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Have you tried eating some locally produced honey? It really does help for some reason. I don't question why, I'm just happy that it makes it less of a nightmare.
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Jimmyie

e_e wrote: »
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Have you tried some Chlorphenamine?, it can make you feel good too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's not even 20° and people are moaning about the "heat". Imagine if it was actually hot.

Its 22 here in north Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I dont mind heat if there is a breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The sooner the sun dies, the better....oh wait. ;_;

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Anything north of 30ºc is just energy-sapping. I don't enjoy lying by the pool etc

Tell the truth by the pool, instead ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

30 odd degrees where i am today.. and its only goin to get hotter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im dying of fcuking cold for the past week.

I just want to go out and go swimming. But im in bed drinking hot lemons.

Fcuk you, you miserable sneezy basterd. Go and riddle someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It's warm. Not that hot. Although some people at work have been sunburned :o They must have been standing outside and looking at the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

It's been low/mid 20's last week and this week here, not a huge fan of heat but I'm not complaining about all the girls cycling around in short skirts/dresses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Only 6 more days and the days will be getting shorter.

Enjoy it while you can!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's not warm enough as far as I'm concerned. Roll on a heatwave I say.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It's been low/mid 20's last week and this week here, not a huge fan of heat but I'm not complaining about all the girls cycling around in short skirts/dresses :)

I am.

I never had wandering eyes like this before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    I am.

I never had wandering eyes like this before :(

So awks when you meet someone out scantily clad. I'm always like in my head 'don't look at her boobs, don't look at her boobs, quit looking at her legs, phwoar the chest on your man'.

Very distracting and no matter how hard you try, you still end up looking at them. >.< :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pauric89

Its HOT when the temperature is up near the 30's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Perfect weather for training :D I'd cry in joy if it was like this all summer... But we are in Ireland after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Pauric89 wrote: »
    Its HOT when the temperature is up near the 30's!!

32 degrees here today when enda kenny was over visiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

2-3 day of decent weather and half the country complains about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Not this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anything over 31 degrees and Dave Syndrome sets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly II

Im dying of fcuking cold for the past week.

I just want to go out and go swimming. But im in bed drinking hot lemons.

Fcuk you, you miserable sneezy basterd. Go and riddle someone else.

Have you considered you might have an allergy, like hay fever? It causes congestion and all that.

I'm fair skinned and I don't tan, the sun is lovely but not that lovely. I don't like big crowds and I hate the beach. I'd rather it was cooler, it would be easier to sleep at night and I could walk around without there being so many out, and without sweating so much, and without burning. Fcuk it, humbug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

People who complain about the heat in Ireland need to be loaded onto a ship and sent off the Greenland for good because its utter madness. It's not even hot yet, its about 19 degrees at most with a bit of wind.

Put on a pair of shorts and t-shirt and relax a bit. Over-reaction at its finest. I think a lot of people just say they love the cold and rain to seem cool (excuse the pun) or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,812 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have you all gone mad? It's regularly 25C here and its charming. Anything above 30 is of course getting uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Only 6 more days and the days will be getting shorter.

Enjoy it while you can!

Whys that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This is just perfect :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

maguic24 wrote: »
    So awks when you meet someone out scantily clad. I'm always like in my head 'don't look at her boobs, don't look at her boobs, quit looking at her legs, phwoar the chest on your man'.

Very distracting and no matter how hard you try, you still end up looking at them. >.< :o:p

Yup. I was talking to a woman with beauty spots on her cleavage. I was a goner from the beginning :o

But where's there's sun, there's...

:cool:

Sunglasses.

Advertisement