Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation weight loss clinic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mitzy24

Maybe ask can u take normal food as your snack?? Mine is very nice and doesn't push anything on mw

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Windchime

I asked could I maybe eat a couple of eggs for protein or tuna etc and she said Id have to eat a hell of a lot of it for it to be equivalent. I cant believe that.

There is 15g of protein in supplements I think, so I don't think it's too much. You could also get protein shakes, I think they cost €40ish in pharmacies and its a very big container too

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Windchime

Ok thanks for that. I will have to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Windchime wrote: »
    Yeh its two bars a day. Which plan were you on ? The basic plan has no supplements. I really want to see if the weight comes up steadily ie 5Ibs a weeks would be great.

it was a couple of years ago so not sure what is called or even if they had more than one plan then!

I did not pay up front for the supplements I bought them seperately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I considered this but I'd just be worried that any diet that recommends supplements over proper food isn't exactly setting you on the right track when you're trying to change your lifestyle.

The protein supplements are just snacks really and you will be weaned off them when u reach ur goal. I have had 12 weighins and total weight loss is 31.5lbs so 2 stone 3.5 lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I considered this but I'd just be worried that any diet that recommends supplements over proper food isn't exactly setting you on the right track when you're trying to change your lifestyle.

its not quite that tbh

The plan is for 5 meals a day mostly protein with restricted fats and carbs, two of which are protein snacks

the 3 meals are all "proper food"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Selling protein bars is just a money making scheme tbh. I have a protein bar recipe from boards that I've used and it's just fine, and you can buy whey protein for about forty euro for a massive tub, which would do you for a few weeks. 15g of protein isn't a huge amount.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Selling protein bars is just a money making scheme tbh. I have a protein bar recipe from boards that I've used and it's just fine, and you can buy whey protein for about forty euro for a massive tub, which would do you for a few weeks. 15g of protein isn't a huge amount.

The protein bars aren't compulsory so u can make ur own no hassle. I don't at the minute but will prob do it soon

• Advertisement

Mitzy24 wrote: »
    The protein bars
    aren't compulsory so u can make ur own no hassle. I don't at the minute
    but will prob do it soon

I know they're not compulsory, but some reps seem to be really pushing them on people, which is why I pointed out that there are cheaper alternatives. :)

I know they're not compulsory, but some reps seem to be really pushing them on people, which is why I pointed out that there are cheaper alternatives. :)

I agree some are quite pushy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

About 2 years ago, I read the stickies on the thread about eating healthily

Total Cost = €0

I started running and following exercise routines on you tube = €0

Lost 3 stone over 6 months

Have kept weight off due to learning to eat healthy and exercise.

But having read this thread I'm kinda wishing I joined up to one of these sham weight loss programmes and handed them over a couple of grand.

ebixa82 wrote: »
    About 2 years ago, I read the stickies on the thread about eating healthily

Total Cost = €0

I started running and following exercise routines on you tube = €0

Lost 3 stone over 6 months

Have kept weight off due to learning to eat healthy and exercise.

But having read this thread I'm kinda wishing I joined up to one of these sham weight loss programmes and handed them over a couple of grand.

Each to their own!! Obviously the programme isn't for everyone!! Sometimes people need a help others can go at it alone

Each to their own!! Obviously the programme isn't for everyone!! Sometimes people need a help others can go at it alone

I understand that, but anyone with half a brain should know that these weight loss clinics are a sham.

€1,300 for a 6 month course.

Eating healthily shouldn't involve eating bars.

If you need help employ a personal trainer, one session every couple of weeks wouldn't be a fraction of what the scammers charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

I'll be honest- this diet does work while your are on it; I did it lost a stone weight but once I gave up the protein bars and started eating normal I put on a stone and half in matter of 6 months- so weight watcher and exercising is the way to go.

ebixa82 wrote: »
    I understand that, but anyone with half a brain should know that these weight loss clinics are a sham.

€1,300 for a 6 month course.

Eating healthily shouldn't involve eating bars.

If you need help employ a personal trainer, one session every couple of weeks wouldn't be a fraction of what the scammers charge.

I exercise at the min of 4 times a weeks, ranging from circuits to fitness classes. Motivation is just an extra push.

I am more than aware of what I getting myself into and thought everything through. I have more than half a brain also, insults aren't really necessary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I exercise at the min of 4 times a weeks, ranging from circuits to fitness classes. Motivation is just an extra push.

I am more than aware of what I getting myself into and thought everything through. I have more than half a brain also, insults aren't really necessary!

She wasn't insulting you.

If you are exercising 4 times a week then it's obviously your diet that's holding you back.

If you read the stickies (which are free), use the info from them, at least give them a shot and if you still don't see an improvement then join Motivation.

Why not try the free option first?

She wasn't insulting you.

If you are exercising 4 times a week then it's obviously your diet that's holding you back.

If you read the stickies (which are free), use the info from them, at least give them a shot and if you still don't see an improvement then join Motivation.

Why not try the free option first?

I have already joined and have lost 2 stone 3.5 lbs in 12 weeks

I have already joined and have lost 2 stone 3.5 lbs in 12 weeks

Do you not think that a bit much?

I mean you didn't put on 2 stone in 12 weeks. Are you planning on eating the bars for the rest of your life?

• Advertisement

Do you not think that a bit much?

I mean you didn't put on 2 stone in 12 weeks. Are you planning on eating the bars for the rest of your life?

I'm coming off the bars in 2 weeks and eating normal protein in food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Its hilarious, they tackle why you eat my arse. They throw you on a crazy "power sauce bar" diet, take a load of cash and let you rebound cause you have changed nothing. Your lifestyle has not changed. You still eat crap and do too little exercise, now its just expensive bar shaped crap. There is not rude awakening, no kick in the ass, Its fast fixes.

For 1000 euro you would get diet plans a two personal training sessions a week, weekly weigh in and gym membership for 4 months. You would leave with knowledge about carb control, nutrition and how to exercise to suit your body and goals.#

Powersauce.jpg

I would love to see stats for people who waste their money on these motivation regimes, lose weight and rebound back to normal weight plus some.

I reckon the rebound weight gain levels are phenomenal.

It's interesting that those commenting negatively have no idea about the programme!! It's a diet just like weight watchers but u don't have to cue with loads other people. So why don't u go criticise those doing that instead of bad mouthing something that you clearly have no understanding about!!

It's interesting that those commenting negatively have no idea about the programme!! It's a diet just like weight watchers but u don't have to cue with loads other people. So why don't u go criticise those doing that instead of bad mouthing something that you clearly have no understanding about!!

I hate all weight loss groups equally. :D

..and how do you know we know nothing? You don't.

...... no idea about the programme!! It's a diet just like weight watchers .....

Yep, diets dont work cause they are by definition short term. Fad diets are twice as bad cause they foster unhealthy eating habits, and diets without exercise are three times as bad cause they make you skinny fat the ultimate rebound machine.

Tbh, I don't understand the mentality behind encouraging people to eat protein bars when they're trying to lose weight.

The only reason you'd need a huge amount more protein than usual is if you exercise a LOT and are cutting down on carbs. I eat plenty of protein because I do high intensity work outs all the time.

However, I don't bother my arse with protein bars. For the same amount of calories, and just as much protein, I can make lean meat and steamed vegetables. Much more filling, healthier and tastes better.

Diets are a short term fix. what the Motivation clinics are offering is essentially a diet, what with the X week courses and pushing protein bars. If you want to keep weight off long term, change your eating habits and work out regime and make damn sure it's sustainable. That's what I did, and i've lost 11 and a half stone in 3 years, and have kept it all off, and am still losing, slowly but surely. I'm also toning like crazy and never go hungry, have a drink or a pack of crisps whenever I want one, but because i'm used to eating healthily all the time, I simply don't want junk food because i'm no longer used to it.

I DO pay for trainers, to keep me motivated on the exercise front, and I do various types of exercise to make sure I never get bored (I currently do weights classes, TRX, boxing, circuits and abs toning classes, and run a lot).

changes like those which I have made are sustainable, and a hell of a lot cheaper than Motivation. Motivation's regime might see you lose a few stone in a short space of time, but that's a crash diet. Long term weight loss should be slow and steady.

That's what I did, and i've lost 11 and a half stone in 3 years, and have kept it all off, .

Fook :eek: Listen to this person folks, thats amazing.

Fook :eek: Listen to this person folks, thats amazing.

:pac: Not really, shouldn't have let myself get that far gone in the first place tbh. I was just undoing all my bad work! :o

But, since I have to admit it is a huge weight loss, I sure as hell didn't pay anyone a fortune to give me protein bars and put me on a faddy diet. I stuck rigidly to a healthy eating plan set out by my trainers, which fills me, is all fresh, healthy food, doesn't cost anything extra in my shopping bill, and is sustainable, most importantly.

As for paying my trainers, I pay them a fiver an hour because I work out in a group and get one on one advice for free from them if I need it, by Facebooking them.

The other thing that helped me were the stickies here on boards. There's seriously no need for fad diets, spending a fortune and then gaining back some weight when you find out that what you're doing isn't sustainable long-term. It CAN be done in a more healthy way.

I have weeks where I pig out or drink too many cocktails, and I might gain a pound or two back, but I lose it again the next week, so in all, my weight is staying off and still dropping, albeit slowly because I only have 2 stone to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 time2change222

hi ladies
    ive signed up today-have 3 stone to lose with wedding in august so hoping to give it a good shot!
    ive joined the Ashbourne clinic and my advisor was very motivating with a good positive attitude-protein bars very tasty
    are you all attending dublin clinic?

Advertisement