Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Connect residential customer base acquired by Vodafone Ireland

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

So.....I thought I had to have a new email address set up from July 1st, when the @utvinternet.com addresses were supposed to be shut down?

Well, my main utv address is working away sending & receiving as usual and it's now August 5th.

I had two other utv addresses and while one has stopped working, the second one still works both ways too.

Does anyone know when these addresses will eventually be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Still on the UTV settings here too. I tried out the vodafone settings and it worked fine but changed back to UTV for as long as it lasts. The vodafone website stats show only the few minutes of usage when I was logged in to them.

Got my bill from vodafone and paid online (I was a credit card customer with UTV so no direct debit). No payment taken by UTV thankfully.

Over at the 'talk to' vodafone forum, I queried if the UTV servers were under in control of UTV and was told that they were. They won't (or can't) say how much longer this dual availability was likely to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Was migrated on to the 'Home Off Peak Value' package with "Unlimited broadband usage allowance". Today's bill (dated 5th ?? ... to be debited on 22nd) included a "Broadband Usage" charge for July of €30. Vodafone customer care says there has been a glitch with some UTV customers wrongly being charged for usage and made a recrediting request to accounts.

If you're billed contact customer care (ph. 1907).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Anyone else finding the broadband all over the place since the changeover, I'm finding some evenings I cant even open a web page let alone watch a video:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

fergal.b wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the broadband all over the place since the changeover, I'm finding some evenings I cant even open a web page let alone watch a video:(

I know it is some time ago. However, when Vodafone took over BT it was several months before speeds came up to speed (no pun intended).
    CS was not good at all.

Now, with fibre it should be a lot better.

• Advertisement

Two months on and UTV settings still working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ITBhoy

No problems on my side , in saying that I am still on BB , not fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ipnet

sesswhat wrote: »

It's likely you are getting that service from Rainbow Communications and not VF.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ipnet wrote: »
    It's likely you are getting that service from Rainbow Communications and not VF.

There not operating in ROI?

Sully wrote: »
    There not operating in ROI?

They are for business customers. Residential customers were migrated to VF and business customers moved to Rainbow (as were all customers in NI). For business customers, everything remained the same in terms of configuration. It's likely the residential customers credentials have not been removed from the back-end which is why they are still working.

• Advertisement

They are for business customers. Residential customers were migrated to VF and business customers moved to Rainbow (as were all customers in NI). For business customers, everything remained the same in terms of configuration. It's likely the residential customers credentials have not been removed from the back-end which is why they are still working.

I have a static IP so they may be treating it like a business account for that reason?

I have a static IP so they may be treating it like a business account for that reason?

Might be, thought I suspect using any residential account credentials would give a UTV IP address in the 194.46.0.0/16 range.

Given Rainbow have bought both the residential and business customer base in NI and have bought the business customer base in ROI, my guess is they will be probably at some point remove the ROI residential accounts. At this stage most people will have moved to VF by connecting the router so there are probably very few of them using the Rainbow service.

..my guess is they will be probably at some point remove the ROI residential accounts. At this stage most people will have moved to VF by connecting the router so there are probably very few of them using the Rainbow service.

Yes, I expect they could pull the plug at any time.

Have Rainbow actually taken over the TIBUS equipment or have UTV just left everything running for now?

Yes, I expect they could pull the plug at any time.

Have Rainbow actually taken over the TIBUS equipment or have UTV just left everything running for now?

I'd say Rainbow have taken over the network and UTV are no longer in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

same here but I'm now unable to log into my account on the utv website to check my bandwidth usage...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ObsidianOrder

fergal.b wrote: »

I did, but more or less settle down now. I think some of the routers are faulty - I moved to a Netgear one I had, as the VF one was, it seems, causing the blips/disconnections.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Yep it seems to be getting a bit better now, maybe it was everyone uploading their ice bucket videos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭INFODAD

Hello need a few questions answered if possible. So I'm an ex utv customer now vodafone. I've been using my utv netgear modem up till a few weeks ago with no problems. I got a text from vodafone around 3 weeks ago telling me to change out my modem to the vodafone modem they sent me a number of months ago.so did that with no problem changed a few basic settings ie channel, ssid, passwords with no probs speed ping and upload was grand. Now I'm having a problem with the network connection all devices show connection but I can't connect to internet this happens only intermittently for about a half hour to an hour at night. Can anyone tell me if this is the modem rebooting or something? Has anyone else experienced this. By the way I have adsl and lights are all green no red but wifi and internet lights blinking green in unison. Help. Oh and can I change back to my netgear by changing settings to vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Maybe coincidence but I've had similar intermittent network failures this week - in Dublin 6 on the old modem with vodafone settings. Switching back and forth with the old modem will confirm if it's the new modem causing yours or not. All you should have to do on the old modem is change the UTV login & password to Username: vodafone@vodafone.ie & Password: broadband - the other settings (VPI, VCI etc) are the same. Obviously the old SSID will return.

styron wrote: »
    Maybe coincidence but I've had similar intermittent network failures this week - in Dublin 6 on the old modem with vodafone settings. Switching back and forth with the old modem will confirm if it's the new modem causing yours or not. All you should have to do on the old modem is change the UTV login & password to Username: vodafone@vodafone.ie & Password: broadband - the other settings (VPI, VCI etc) are the same. Obviously the old SSID will return.

Ok cheers for that I'll give that a try and see. Like my old netgear think it's better that the new box of a modem from vodafone it's not nice and feel cheaply made. Thanks I'll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Well, this is interesting.... wonder if it happened to anyone else? Last month, Vodafone didn't take out any money from my account, which meant last month's bill was carried over. They said the payment would be due on the 22nd, and I watched as the 22nd came and went and still, the money was not touched. So naturally, having not been paid, they cut our connection and I just got off the phone with them. After paying the bill through the automated system, I waited on hold for a person to answer.

Why didn't they take out the money last month and on the 22nd? Because apparently, they don't have my bank details. That's strange, I said, and told them I was a UTV customer who was told that I wouldn't have to do anything, and that the switchover would be seamless. Again, I was told they didn't have my bank details. Stranger still, I said, because they took money from my account in July to pay for June. He hummed and hawed for a minute before saying, yeah, they did take money in July, but... but they don't have my bank details.

Wtf?! Did they lose them or something? How inept are they? Freaking hell. Really curious to know whether this happened with anyone else this month.

So the vodafone modem I got for free turned out to be a bag of Poo the signal was crap and it dropped out sometimes. I decided to change back to my netgear and it still works? Vodafone told me it wouldn't work after August? I didn't have to change any user name or password. Signal is now excellent happy days. Any comments welcome

Just got a letter today from Vodafone looking for me to pay 55 euro for a service I never used. I'm not a customer and never was. In it they are threatening legal action, court judgments and debt collection agencies. I have had nothing except harassment from Vodafone since the UTV sale despite the fact I went with another provider. This is the final straw, this company doesn't deserve to have a licence to operate in this state and you'd get more satisfaction from a bunch of trained chimps than their customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 salaamifirm

In the United States, this could be the beginning of a claim you might have against a debt collection agency... I'm not familiar with other territories. What are the laws in the UK for debt collection? Can anyone send me website with a good reference on the breakdown of collection activity and rights? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Is anyone still logging in with their UTV credentials ??? Mine seems to have stopped working @ midnight...

Advertisement