Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Hi,
    Looking for somebody that could repair bolster on a leather seat?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I want to sent a buddy in america some fishing luers, anyone have advice? Will call into Duffys but feedback appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Odd enough of a question here, does anyone know of a few places that might sell old-fashioned kids toys (like wooden cup and ball games)? Haven't actually gotten around to checking Smyths yet but I want to see as big of a variety of ones as I can.

If there's somewhere in Dublin that's especially good for that kind of thing, I'd like to hear of it too.

Thanks!

There is a tiny place just open in Athenry who do lovely wooden toys. They have some really quality stuff. Might be worth a trip out. Don't think they have a website even, just a Facebook page.

The Little Bird Toy Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for somebody that could repair bolster on a leather seat?
    Thanks in advance.

this fella out in Furbo has been mentioned before, haven't used him myself
    www.karolsupholstery.com

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Is there anywhere I can buy ready made Falafel? I know Tesco sell them but they're not great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Evergreen should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Joyces have them I'm sure. In their deli.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

looking for professional carpet cleaners in galway.... very expensive carpet needs some tlc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Need help in locating one if these in the city for this weekend.

Any ideas?

kefir32 wrote: »
    looking for professional carpet cleaners in galway.... very expensive carpet needs some tlc

Sorry, can't really help you (or myself), but I can't stop thinking about Del Boy, Rodney and the chandelier episode of Only Fools And Horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Where's the cheapest place to get passport style photos in the city centre?

I used the booth outside Marks & Spencer last time. There is one in the Supermacs side of the GSC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I need to get my gutter (& possibly soffit & fascia) replaced at the front of my house (small terraced house).

Can anyone recommend someone good and reasonably priced to do this? Also does anyone have a vague idea of the cost of this sort of job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Is Westside Cycles the only bike shop in the west side of the city?

Need to pick up a couple of bits and wondering is there any other one in Newcastle, Salthill, Knocknacarra etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Anyone know where I could get a personalized new baby gift that can be made while you wait. i.e. a photo frame with the babies name etc. I need it by tomorrow so something that can be made in a short time.

Thanks.

Cotton on in eyre square centre will put names on comfort blankets bibs babygrows etc maybe this would do

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone know where I can get a big Irish tri colour that isn't attached to a pole or a stick? I would go online but i need it asap.

Tribes Shop street has nylon cheap versions so has 2 euroshop but they are smaller, quality ones are hard to come by

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is there any butcher in Galway where you can get chicken fillets sourced in Ireland?

All this talk of the chicken we get here having traveled all around Europe before ending up on a crate in Hungary to be sold at a market is making me queasy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a big Irish tri colour that isn't attached to a pole or a stick? I would go online but i need it asap.

Theres a stall in Eyre square shopping centre selling big flags, on left on way in opposite Art& Hobby shop.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

MadYaker wrote: »

Any of the 'Ireland' themed tourist tack shops along Shop St. will carry them in varying sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Manhatten cheese and onion crisps. I had a pack of these in the goalpost recently and am hooked. Anywhere else I can get them cause they are back to hunky dorey

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

;) *For Hiking, no luck in Portwest/Great Outdoors... any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anywhere to buy a Tipperapy flag? (for my wife, not me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'm looking to pick up some lighter gas specifically this brand. I've tried all the usual places like duffys and other hardware stores. Does anyone know if this can be found in the city?

Here's a picture:

Clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

I bought that brand in tesco a few years back. They could still stock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭deisedude

So I recently moved into a house near a school. People are actually parking in my driveway getting out of their cars and walking their kids to school. Think I need a No Parking sign. Anyone know where to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Online or perhaps places like McDonoghs hardware shop in Ballyban.
    www.mcdonoghdirect.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Maplin and woodies have lighter refills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

deisedude wrote: »
    So I recently moved into a house near a school. People are actually parking in my driveway getting out of their cars and walking their kids to school. Think I need a No Parking sign. Anyone know where to get one?

The discount store opposite mothercare in Corbett Court had some today. I've also seen them in B&Q.

Advertisement