Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Got my 3 stone award tonight and to say I'm delighted is an understatement! I was expecting a little gain after a big weekend so was very pleasantly surprised! I have never felt better and I still can't believe it has been so easy with slimming world. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hello all.. Well done on all your weight losses.. mind boggling how quickly some have lost a great amount.. well done is what i say!! you motivate the rest of us!!!

lost 1.5 lbs last ni in sw.. 9.5lbs in 3 weeks! Delighted with myself.. :o) did a SAS this week to help with emotional eating.. helped somewhat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hi
    I'm thinking of joining slimming world. I wanted to loose weight just doing it myself but that's not working for me I can get a stone down but then I just get lazy and put it back up again. I would like to loose about 6 stone altogether.
    I find I eat little during the day and go over borde at nite and I have such a sweet tooth I love chocolate and crisps and we always have takeaway Saturday nite can I still have this in moderation of course. Also how much butter and mayo can u have I use low fat all the time? Thanks any advice ??

hbonbr wrote: »
    Just had a disastrous holiday, up eight and a half pounds! Back on the straight and narrow now, though!

It's great that you're open about it though. Couple of people in my SW class - when they've gained, they ask the consultant/tutor/whatever the title is, to not call them out to the group.

I think it's a bit silly, myself. It's good that you're acknowledging you've put on a few pound. Personally, if it were me, I'd rather come back from holiday a stone heavier and after having a great time, than a pound lighter and miserable thinking of all the food I wanted to eat but restricted myself from.

Always make the most of a holiday. You'll get the 8.5lbs off soon enough :)

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Starting weight was 26 stone 7 pounds.
    Some people cannot hack the success of others. Don't hate......Congratulate....!!

That's an enormous loss and if it's accurate, I both thoroughly applaud your effort :) but also feel a bit sorry for you cos I know that's going to be extremely difficult to maintain. :o

Sometime last year, or the year before, I dropped a stone in a week. Needless to say it took a lot of very hard work. Of course, such dedication wasn't feasible to maintain, so when I started relaxing my exercise and diet, the stone was back in the following 2-3 weeks.

I can completely understand where Eircom Sucks is coming from. It is a bit of an over-the-top loss, but you're obviously putting the work in, so fair play.

I weighed in tonight, and I was down 4.5lbs. This brings me to my current weight of 15st 13.5lbs. So I'm in the 15's by the skin of my teeth.

I started keeping an eye on my weight about 5 years ago (random bursts of exercise and dieting here and there, but always kept an eye on my weight, just out of curiousity, even when i wasnt doing anything about it). I'm pretty certain that this is the first time in those 5 years that I've seen 15 on a scale. so I'm pleased with that.

My history of SW so far is;

(I started my weight loss efforts 4 weeks before joining SW, so my 1st week of SW was my 5th week of eating right and exercising):

Weight 4 weeks before SW: 18st 11lbs
    SW Week 1: 18st 2lbs (Start Weight)
    SW Week 2: 17st 6lbs (-10)
    SW Week 3: 17st 2lbs (-4)
    SW Week 4: 17st 0.5lbs (-1.5)
    SW Week 5: 16st 9lbs (-5.5)
    SW Week 6: 16st 12lbs (+3)
    SW Week 7: 16st 4lbs (-8)
    SW Week 8: 16st 3lbs (-1)
    SW Week 9: 16st 4lbs (+1)
    SW Week 10: 15st 13.5lbs (-4.5)

So if I was 18st 11lbs on the 21st of April. So that's what... 13 weeks? And in that time I've lost, despite the odd gain here and there, 2st 11.5lbs?

My mathematical abilities are atrocious, but I think those numbers are right. Works out at an average of 3lbs per week? :confused:

Crappy maths efforts aside, I'm a relatively happy camper, all in all.

I'm intent on trying to get 4.5lbs off this week, to get the 2.5 stone award (meaning I'll weigh in at 15st 9lbs). I'd be thrilled with that, but I think I'd be getting too optimistic.

However, I have put my name down for a 10k run that I know I'm not able to physically do, so that's in a month's time, which means over the next 4 weeks, I should be working out for that, which will hopefully help me out with my weight, too. :)

As an aside, I know I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I'm still reading it and enjoying it. Ye guys are great :)

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm thinking of joining slimming world. I wanted to loose weight just doing it myself but that's not working for me I can get a stone down but then I just get lazy and put it back up again. I would like to loose about 6 stone altogether.
    I find I eat little during the day and go over borde at nite and I have such a sweet tooth I love chocolate and crisps and we always have takeaway Saturday nite can I still have this in moderation of course. Also how much butter and mayo can u have I use low fat all the time? Thanks any advice ??

Personally, I find the eating plan a bit too simplistic, with SW. I calorie count, but i use the SW system as a food pyramid of sorts (as SW does encourage healthy eating, to be fair).

I find that the best thing you can do is bite the bullet and join a class. Stay, get to know the faces and go from there.

I find that having a weekly weigh in, publicly, makes you a lot more accountable and responsible for your eating actions. But that could be just me.

If you do join up, don't worry about butter or mayo. Keep using them and work on the takeaways, chocolate, etc first. If you strip everything you like away at once, you won't stick it cos you'll get fed up of it overnight. Tackle the bigger issues first and keep the smaller treats, and work on them over time. That's what I'd do, anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

My first weigh in after starting. I lost 2 pounds. I was a bit disappointed. I thought I would lose more somehow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

dont worry auldgranny. for everybody it is diffrent (my friend who started at the same time with me lost 2lbs too in her first week). but it is defo worth doing your food diary every day and then give it to your group Consultant to check :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

auldgranny wrote: »
    My first weigh in after starting. I lost 2 pounds. I was a bit disappointed. I thought I would lose more somehow :(

Try not get disheartened. Just think, in less than 2 months if you had 2 off every week that's a stone.

We all want big losses, but sometimes our bodies don't lose loads in one week.

It can also take a while to really get to grips with the plan and you might need a bit of time to get your head around it, but just think of how much 2 lbs of fat looks like or two lbs of sausages, its quite a bit when you look at it that way so be proud of your loss :)

andreac wrote: »
    Try not get disheartened. Just think, in less than 2 months if you had 2 off every week that's a stone.

We all want big losses, but sometimes our bodies don't lose loads in one week.

It can also take a while to really get to grips with the plan and you might need a bit of time to get your head around it, but just think of how much 2 lbs of fat looks like or two lbs of sausages, its quite a bit when you look at it that way so be proud of your loss :)

Well when you put it that way it definitely sounds way better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

down a 1lb happy enough

andreac wrote: »
    but just think of how much 2 lbs of fat looks like or two lbs of sausages

The 2lbs of Sausages thing is a great way of looking at it, isn't it! It's mad to think that could be coming off your body.

The 2lbs of Sausages thing is a great way of looking at it, isn't it! It's mad to think that could be coming off your body.

Or 2 pounds of butter yuch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm thinking of starting slimming world! What are the pros and cons of it? A girl in work lost fpur stone in 9 months! That's amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

loubian wrote: »
    I'm thinking of starting slimming world! What are the pros and cons of it? A girl in work lost fpur stone in 9 months! That's amazing!

The pros are you can lose weight without having to cut out anything. You can still have your chocolate or crisps just in moderation.

Have a read through the thread and see what you think. You can go along to a meeting and have "the introduction chat" without having to join/pay.

The only con is your own willpower/battle with food. Sw works.

This is all just my opinion:

Cons:
    You pay a tenner a week.
    You spend an hour each week listening to the same tired old recipes, comments and questions.
    You get an eating plan that lets you eat as much food as you want so long as it falls within a certain category (fruit etc.) (I disagree with this part of the plan).
    You are expected to blindly follow the plan and not question aspects of it.
    It's mostly women. :(

Pros:
    It's a weekly public weigh in, so the 'impending doom' each week, makes you a more responsible eater.
    You get an eating plan that carries with it a solid food pyramid that can be used to improve your diet fairly swiftly.
    You get 'awards' for your progress to keep you on track. Although I initially didn't care about these when I joined, they actually do motivate you.
    You get a SW pack (books on different things, food, exercise, etc. in a transparent plastic casing). It's really professionally done, not at all tacky, and worth the joining costs alone.
    It's a decent social circle to spend an hour or two in each week. Obviously it varies from group to group, but the class I joined is full of people who are very pleasant and welcoming.
    It's mostly women. :D

All in all, I would highly recommend joining. Definitely try get someone to go with you when you join, as it can be a bit daunting, but once you're there for 2-3 classes you start getting to know some of the faces and can fall in and out of conversation that bit easier.

It also opens you up to a social circle of people looking to lose weight. So if you're looking for someone to go walking with, for example, you can always put the feelers out at a meeting and see if you can nab someone (probably not too difficult).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There's a lot to be said about sw but I'm uncertain about one key part.

I can eat literally a tonne of spaghetti bolognese and not gain weight. Whilst I can testify that you can be rolling around the couch every night after eating your body weight in certain meals and still lose weight it just doesn't ring right to me.

Calorie intake versus output is where it's at and even though I'm still on slimming world, I'm leaning more toward this train of thought as I gain in on my sw target.

What's the biggest benefits of it for me? An education into what kind of foods are good for me and what are not. And the second of course being significantly lighter than I was this time last year. Give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

I agree with you, Mugs, while you can eat lots of zero calorie foods, it cant be right to be able to eat, say, five bananas, or loads of lean meat and pasta, and expect to lose weight. I am a member for about 3 months, and struggling to not gain weight would describe my experience.

Its great you are getting to target, and I think your approach is a sensible one.

Best of luck!

Does anyone else find that they get an enormous urge to binge-eat all kinds of crap foods every now and again?

I gave in last night (not very wise, considering my SW class is this evening). But at the time there was just no stopping it. :o I feel annoyed at myself, but at the same time, I didn't really enjoy the sweets and stuff as much as I'd have liked, so maybe it's a good thing (maybe i'll start to associate sweets and crisps with pains in my belly and underwhelming tastes and ultimately be put off such foods... or maybe I'm just being too optimistic...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,655 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Does anyone else find that they get an enormous urge to binge-eat all kinds of crap foods every now and again?

I gave in last night (not very wise, considering my SW class is this evening). But at the time there was just no stopping it. :o I feel annoyed at myself, but at the same time, I didn't really enjoy the sweets and stuff as much as I'd have liked, so maybe it's a good thing (maybe i'll start to associate sweets and crisps with pains in my belly and underwhelming tastes and ultimately be put off such foods... or maybe I'm just being too optimistic...)

If you try and cut out everything, yopu'll get that. best way is to allow yourself a small amount and then you're far less likely to have that build up, mentally, that ends up far worse.

I still get that. More so I'd be sitting there craving for a Dominos or KFC bucket. But I just fill myself with free foods instead and remember the target I'd set for myself that week.

I've come too far to let it slip. When I need to stop losing weight, I'll relax that mindset but for the time being I am being very disciplined.

Also, if you don't have them in the house, you can't binge! :)

• Advertisement

I weighed in last night, with a 4.5lbs gain :o

Looking back, I can see why (got a bit of work on with a chap in a van.. spent the whole week sitting and not moving, and eating lunches out on the road). Probably thought i was gonna have a 'maintain' week, but 4.5lbs is a bit more than I had thought!

So this week I'm aiming to do things a bit more health consciously. Will aim to get a run in in the morning before heading off, bring some of those Tesco fruit pots as a lunch and do some light enough resistance training in the evenings perhaps (haven't done weight training in quite some time).

Will keep a tab of everything I eat and all the exercise I do. Will hopefully all combine to get a loss of more than 4.5lbs off (i know you usually do lose a little more weight on a week after you've had a fairly big gain).

Gonna be a long week.. haha.

I have been having what I can only call surges of cravings over the last few weeks. I gave in over the weekend and I ate before and after me. I wolfed down junk as quick as I could get my hands on it. I was like a savage possessed.

Result: 2.5lb gain and I was lucky that's all it was.

I've never denied myself my treats and always have my syns so I hadn't deprived myself of anything. But hopefully that's it now and I can knuckle down again and beat off the little demons in my mind.

4 lbs this week so I am happy. 1 more lb to half stone.:)

auldgranny wrote: »
    4 lbs this week so I am happy. 1 more lb to half stone.:)

Well done. Sticker time next week for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I was up 2 this week, totally deserved. I just can't stop eating! I don't know what's wrong with me. Crisps,muffins chocolate etc. I need to rediscover my willpower before I really start undoing all my hard work so far :(

Has anyone here done slimming world online? Debating whether to sign up or just wait for my class next week!

Has anyone here done slimming world online? Debating whether to sign up or just wait for my class next week!

I would def join a class as it can a while to get your head around the plan so its better to have someone explain it to you first and you can ask questions if needs be.

Personally, without the weekly classes, there's no point in doing SW, in my opinion. Doing it online, you may aswell just do any other diet that pops up in a google search.

(although I don't really actually follow the SW diet, it's just the weekly classes that enthuse me)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

hey guys

i have been in weight watchers since my 2nd child was born in 2008 and i have lost and gained the same 2 stone over the past 5 years

instead of rejoining again with my head held low i was thinking of mayby trying sw

anyone else go from ww to sw with thriving results
    i suppose im afraid of the idea of a new plan

any ideas for someone with a very sweet tooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 mistyd

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Down 7.5 pounds this week. Slimming World is fantastic.
    Started first week in October 2013, I've lost 11 stone 3 pounds. Yippee. Delighted.

Wow.. we'll done dobbs . So inspiring.. I'm on week 2 and have 11 lbs gone.. I have few friends and cousins who are slim now and haven't been in years because of slimming world, so here's hoping I'll follow suit 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Guys do u have loads of weiht to loose if u dont mind me asking. Seems like u are loosing loads. I loose a pound or two a week, sometimes i gain (during my period) and i follow all the sw rules.

maria34 wrote: »
    Guys do u have loads of weiht to loose if u dont mind me asking. Seems like u are loosing loads. I loose a pound or two a week, sometimes i gain (during my period) and i follow all the sw rules.

I don't lose large amounts each week, I'm happy with a pound and thrilled if it's two but that rarely happens. Everybody loses differently but it's rare that someone loses large amounts every week.

maria34 wrote: »
    You'll find people are not as vocal about their gains :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Met a friend on holidays who has lost over 4 stone in a year. I couldn't get over the change in her when we called. She swears by SW, she has given me one of their mags and I have checked out the website also. Really thinking of joining when I get back.
    I have lost 2 stone over 18 months myself, just eating well and walking. I have cut our carbs pretty much so the thoughts of eating pasta does not appeal to me!!
    My biggest killer I think is alcohol, each night I love to have a drink, one or two bottles of cider or whiskey with a dash of water. Nothing too much but still a habit, will have to change this I think!!
    Am going to join when kids are back to school as only time suitable for me. I will post my weigh ins, think I need to loose another 5 stone!!! Fingers crossed.....

Met a friend on holidays who has lost over 4 stone in a year. I couldn't get over the change in her when we called. She swears by SW, she has given me one of their mags and I have checked out the website also. Really thinking of joining when I get back.
    I have lost 2 stone over 18 months myself, just eating well and walking. I have cut our carbs pretty much so the thoughts of eating pasta does not appeal to me!!
    My biggest killer I think is alcohol, each night I love to have a drink, one or two bottles of cider or whiskey with a dash of water. Nothing too much but still a habit, will have to change this I think!!
    Am going to join when kids are back to school as only time suitable for me. I will post my weigh ins, think I need to loose another 5 stone!!! Fingers crossed.....

I'm joining today too. I've to lose about 5 stone but going to try focus on health and fitness rather than numbers! Hopefully well both succeed with sw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I'm joining today too. I've to lose about 5 stone but going to try focus on health and fitness rather than numbers! Hopefully well both succeed with sw

Best of luck to you too, I won't be able to start until beginning of sept, but will start the food thing now to see how it goes. I am 100% determined to do this. Have a wedding jan 3rd to aim towards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 new2tri

Howdy all,

I started back to SW a couple of weeks ago after trying it last year for a couple of months. I got on OK last time loosing a stone in about six weeks but between one thing and another I gave up. This time around though my OH joined too and we are doing it together. He has a good bit of weight to loose too so I'm hoping we will motivate each other to stay on track.

I really do like the extra easy plan, however one thing that really P's me off about slimming world is that I think us Irish are being ripped off every week. It only costs £4.95 in the UK and €6 in other euro countries (e.g. Cyprus). It's roughly 50% more expensive here. I can't imagine the operating costs of renting venues etc. here are 50% higher that other countries. It's not like something you can openly ask in class either because it's so very 'un-Irish'!

Maybe we could start a petition or something!

N.

new2tri wrote: »

N.

Or just not join?

I've spent over 500 quid on SW since joining and have no issue with this as it's money well spent in my eyes.

I am healthier and have a better understanding of what foods I should be eating. When the time comes, I'll stop going and use that money to join a gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

new2tri wrote: »
    Howdy all,

I started back to SW a couple of weeks ago after trying it last year for a couple of months. I got on OK last time loosing a stone in about six weeks but between one thing and another I gave up. This time around though my OH joined too and we are doing it together. He has a good bit of weight to loose too so I'm hoping we will motivate each other to stay on track.

I really do like the extra easy plan, however one thing that really P's me off about slimming world is that I think us Irish are being ripped off every week. It only costs £4.95 in the UK and €6 in other euro countries (e.g. Cyprus). It's roughly 50% more expensive here. I can't imagine the operating costs of renting venues etc. here are 50% higher that other countries. It's not like something you can openly ask in class either because it's so very 'un-Irish'!

N.

totally up for it too! Was wondering the same since I started SW at the end of May!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

is there one in Ballyjamesduff area or cavan. Not too fussed about SW programme but motivation needed

• Registered Users Posts: 42 new2tri

MugMugs wrote: »
    Or just not join?

I've spent over 500 quid on SW since joining and have no issue with this as it's money well spent in my eyes.

I am healthier and have a better understanding of what foods I should be eating. When the time comes, I'll stop going and use that money to join a gym.

I have no problem paying it's just that it is uniquely more expensive in Ireland for some reason.

mdolly123 wrote: »
    is there one in Ballyjamesduff area or cavan. Not too fussed about SW programme but motivation needed

Castlerahan Community Centre

Castlerahan Community Centre, Castlerahan, Ballyjamesduff,

Tuesdays 5:30pm and 7:30pm
    Your Consultant's name is Gillian
    Telephone 086 368 2507

Taken from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

Hey,

New to SW. Am not sure if doing it right :-(

Bfast - porridge with fruit

Lunch - smoked salmon fillet Brazil nuts

Syns - viscount biscuits x3

Din - steak mince, basil, passata, onion, garlic, whole meal spaghetti

Snacks- Apple, banana, slice of whole meal bread with cheese and tomatoe

I'm not sure if the spaghetti is free or not? Don't understand :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

Hey guys,

New to SW and not sure if doing it right?

Is whole wheat spaghetti free? And even if it is I am def eating too much! Help :-(

ansmcwilla wrote: »
    Hey guys,

New to SW and not sure if doing it right?

Is whole wheat spaghetti free? And even if it is I am def eating too much! Help :-(

All dried pasta is free, regardless of whether it's whole wheat or normal. You can eat as much pasta as long as it's dried before cooking. It's the fresh pasta that's not free.

• Advertisement

Did you sit in the the members talk? With SW the point is with every meal you have 1/3 super free which is your fruit or veg and 2/3 free which is usually your meat, pasta, rice, potatoes eggs etc. All the info is in your book of what's free, super free etc so keep reading the book.

You have an allowance of bread/cereal etc which is your healthy b and then your dairy which is your healthy a option, every day and anything over that has to be counted as syns.

Any other questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭nhg

Hi Guys, did sw online this time last yr & lost 1 stone, managed to keep that off (up 2 lb down 2lb etc).
    Back on track but not attending a group or unline due to cost but hope to maybe join a class when child back to school.

Yesterday's for diary:
    Glass of water with lemon
    An orange
    Porridge (hea) milk (Heb) 6 almonds, sunflower seed & a bananna sliced in

3 tomatoes

4 eggs scrambled with a few chives chopped in
    A mango

2 lion pork chops cooked on George foreman (dog got the fat)
    1/2 onion cooked on George foreman
    Sweet potatoe wedges cooked in oven with fry lite olive oil
    2 boiled new potatoes
    2 big scoops of SW coleslaw
    Small spoon of baked beans

5 almonds

Some days I find it hard to drink water, other days no problem, yesterday was one where I drank way too little. I don't drink tea or coffee or fizzy drinks.

I also try to eat my fruit before eating other food.

Any comments /observations why I'm finding it hard to shift the weight (about 41/2 stone to lose)

(Also is it possible to eat too much fruit - yesterday I wasn't too bad on fruit but some days I could eat a pear, another bananna & maybe some plums as well - depends what's on offer.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i have joined sw online (i am very self conscious) so looking for any hints or tips people got from the meetings?!

i have about 5 stone to shift...so any hints would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ene wrote: »
    i have joined sw online (i am very self conscious) so looking for any hints or tips people got from the meetings?!

i have about 5 stone to shift...so any hints would be great

Hi! I don't do SW but like to read these threads for motivation etc. since whatever programme you're following, we all have the same goal at the end of the day! So I don't have any SW specific tips for you but I have one major suggestion that came to me when I read your last sentence there and which I think is super important:

Do not focus on the 5 stone you need to lose.

I've lost over 5 stone so far so I know where you're coming from and sometimes it seems insurmountable. If you constantly think about the "5 whole stone" you need to lose it can be very de-motivating. So what you should do is break it down into smaller goals. Start off by aiming for a half a stone loss. 7 lbs. You can do that in no time at all (especially when starting your journey!). Have a reward planned for when you hit that first goal (preferably something totally unrelated to food like buying yourself a new game/book/gadget/purse/whatever or planning a day trip somewhere or whatever floats your boat). Once you've achieved a 7lb loss (or whatever amount you decide), don't think "right, 4.5 stone still to go" just move straight on to the next 7lb goal and focus on your next reward.

This is of course a lot easier said than done but I think most people will agree that it's a lot easier to focus on smaller increments than the big picture!

The other thing you should do is take pictures and measurements straight away. I know that's hard cause I certainly did not want any reminders of how big I'd gotten when I started but the scale is not the only (or best!) indicator of progress. I often read people on here and other forums etc. who drop dress sizes (i.e. lose inches) without the scale budging much. It's good to have several measures of progress so you can see how far you've come :)

Best of luck and make sure you check in here plenty - for the good and the bad! Sometimes I feel stupid writing out my struggles and feel like no one wants to read that crap but it does give me the kick up the arse I need sometimes. Weight loss is not a straightforward journey and there will be many ups and downs - you just have to learn to accept that and make sure you keep moving upwards.

Best of luck! Hope to see you achieving your first goal very soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ginger_Nut

nhg wrote: »
    Hi Guys, did sw online this time last yr & lost 1 stone, managed to keep that off (up 2 lb down 2lb etc).
    Back on track but not attending a group or unline due to cost but hope to maybe join a class when child back to school.

Yesterday's for diary:
    Glass of water with lemon
    An orange
    Porridge (hea) milk (Heb) 6 almonds, sunflower seed & a bananna sliced in

3 tomatoes

4 eggs scrambled with a few chives chopped in
    A mango

2 lion pork chops cooked on George foreman (dog got the fat)
    1/2 onion cooked on George foreman
    Sweet potatoe wedges cooked in oven with fry lite olive oil
    2 boiled new potatoes
    2 big scoops of SW coleslaw
    Small spoon of baked beans

5 almonds

Some days I find it hard to drink water, other days no problem, yesterday was one where I drank way too little. I don't drink tea or coffee or fizzy drinks.

I also try to eat my fruit before eating other food.

Any comments /observations why I'm finding it hard to shift the weight (about 41/2 stone to lose)

(Also is it possible to eat too much fruit - yesterday I wasn't too bad on fruit but some days I could eat a pear, another bananna & maybe some plums as well - depends what's on offer.)

Hi I just noticed you're having 2 HEB. Almonds are synned or I think you can have 20 as a HEB. Also sunflowers seeds have to be synned.
    Haven't done slimming world in a while but i'm joining this week! Out of practice so can't offer anymore incite.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement