Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA 2K14

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For the lads looking to play in the arena with your pro, it's under play now, as Shootaround.

Class, will have a look for that, are you on ps3 gen or ps4 gen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Class, will have a look for that, are you on ps3 gen or ps4 gen?

PC so ps3 gen I'd imagine.

Nah can't find it on ps4. I picked the same jumper and release as chris smoove and seems to be working great. Playing 10 min quarters and wrecking the opposition. Bucks teammates suck but I'm dragging them to victories. Really enjoying the career mode in this, much better than previous games.

I'm finding it hard to defend tho, usually no problem staying with my guy but in this they skip past me easy enough. My quickness is 88, maybe just need to get it into the 90's. Also no highlight video for player of the game is a bit strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Do ye use buttons or stick for shooting? I can't get used to the stick so just use square, even though it limits the kind of shots I can take.

I use the button for shooting. I hate using the stick.

I might start to try the stick when attacking the basket. I don't think you can do a floater or a euro step, etc when using the button.

Became a starter after my 30th game, long time coming with my stats. As bad as the Bucks are, I always answered positively in situations agreeing with teammates, coach and GM. As much as I didn't agree sometimes, I think this helped as my teammate grade is at 92%, local support at 94% and gm at 100%, I'm finding the game an absolute joy to play. Finishing games on an A grade average, nearly always a double double and winning a lot of games. I'm playing 8 minute quarters so might put it down to 6 now or I might never finish a season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

How long until you get a shoe sponsorship? Absolutely loving everything apart from the horrific 2K Generic shoes!

Also, heres a crazy thought, are there enough of us on Xbox One to get a team going for 2v2 or 3v3 in The Park? Looks like a fun game mode. Add me if you fancy it, GT is same as username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    How long until you get a shoe sponsorship? Absolutely loving everything apart from the horrific 2K Generic shoes!
    I got them the game before All Star week, rockin bright Pink Nikes now :D

Decided to mess around with the Upload Studio feature on Xbox One and make a little montage of my rookie season so far in MyPlayer. The music was an obvious choice. If you're not arsed watching the whole thing, the highlight is killing Steve Nash will a spin move for the jam at 1:50.

• Advertisement

That vid is class man! Pity I'm on PS4, wouldn't mind putting my PG up against you!

My season took a bit of a dive with OJ Mayo saying he wanted the ball more and I can be his sidekick. STUPIDLY I agreed but now coach wants me to just keep giving him the ball. After wrecking my game as we just beat the bulls and I had 34 points & 14 assists to having an awful game then as the 'sidekick'. I gave Mayo a good few assists but got flamed after the game for not passing enough. Anyone else go this route? Anyway I can reverse my decision, tell him f*ck off?

Its just a one off game, there isn't any clear cut way to pass it.

I just passed it a lot more to K.Love and that was enough, you go back to normal after one game so wouldn't worry about what you picked or how it went.

If you say no, the challenge is to score 20+ or something along those lines.

Its just a one off game, there isn't any clear cut way to pass it.

I just passed it a lot more to K.Love and that was enough, you go back to normal after one game so wouldn't worry about what you picked or how it went.

If you say no, the challenge is to score 20+ or something along those lines.

Ah Okay, Mayo said we need to do it next game as well but no goal popped up. Wish I said I wasn't a sidekick, carrying the whole team on my back at the moment. Thanks to whoever suggest the Nash freethrow, getting a much higher success rate.

Ah Okay, Mayo said we need to do it next game as well but no goal popped up. Wish I said I wasn't a sidekick, carrying the whole team on my back at the moment. Thanks to whoever suggest the Nash freethrow, getting a much higher success rate.
    Kobe said I was his Robin, I said sound yeah, after him giving out to me for not passing him the ball, he quickly realised I was more interested in my shoes and having 35ppg 7asts(all to the post till they traded away Pau) type games

Decided to have a bash at The Park last night, it was great fun, even with randomers. Played 3v3 and had a very close game, only had time for one but will be playing it more for sure. Again, anyone on Xbox One who wants to team up, add me.

Ah FFS! Just threw it on but a 2GB patch is installing that is currently clocked at 93 minutes. I can't play My Career (single player game), nba today or my team without connecting to 2K servers and can't connect to those until the patch is installed. Fukking 2K!

• Advertisement

Ah FFS! Just threw it on but a 2GB patch is installing that is currently clocked at 93 minutes. I can't play My Career (single player game), nba today or my team without connecting to 2K servers and can't connect to those until the patch is installed. Fukking 2K!
    Is that not the usual protocol with a patch update on every game though, well not the size. Plus it will sort out alot the the problems such as contract negotiations in GM mode

Usualy you can't access online features without the latees patch but I hate that I can't play a single player game without connecting to an online server.

Any word as to what the update is for?

Any word as to what the update is for?

I read mostly to fix Park and my gm issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You're a hero Mikey, and so is Steve Nash and his freethrows...

• Advertisement

I haven't tried The Park yet but going to real soon after watching this, looks like a good laugh! Got my Player to an 80 overall, few games before the Allstar weekend so will get that out of the 1st.

Also, here is a locker code for a random bit of clothing for your My Career.

N14PS-FW6YJ-FGYUB-DVMMY-JPVQT

I've only played The Park once, 3v3 with randoms, it was an absoltue blast. Nobody on the mic though which was annoying, with a friend or two in party chat it would be absolutely unreal.

Again, anyone on Xbox One, lets dominate the Yanks on The Park!

Oh My God how good is The Park!! Had to pull myself away from it. Playing 3v3 games and the first one, some guy with a mic kept pronouncing my name Shee-hi and kept referring to me as 'my ni**a Sheehi'. In bits from laughing at the trash talk, like being in Above the Rim or White Men Can't Jump.

Lads, anyone on PS4 let me know, would be great to have some teamates from here on. I bought a load of stuff for the park but never equipped them. Have them for next time though, got mad dunks, iso moves, celebration and taunt (my2k app coming in handy)

Caught my best block yet on the PS4 share feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

I've only played The Park once, 3v3 with randoms, it was an absoltue blast. Nobody on the mic though which was annoying, with a friend or two in party chat it would be absolutely unreal.

Again, anyone on Xbox One, lets dominate the Yanks on The Park!

Looks like i have no choice and have to help You with your quest. :D

I bate ellis off the court at the rising stars game, then onto the 3pt shootout contest which was a disaster, only got one point. near the end I saw a meter so maybe I was supposed to time my jumps to that? Have the all star game and dunk contest next. Gonna look up the dunk contest controls first though.

Playing the Park at the moment, waiting ages for a game only for my 96 rated teammate was a complete glory bollox and wreckedthe game. waiting ages now for a new game now. 80% of players are rated over 90 but it shouldn't put anyone off as they play sh*t ball.

Next game I got into, I had 2 great teammates. Won 3 games in a row but had to head off. Captured this lovely fast break dunk. Trying to do one all game, thought I didn't equip it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

There's now a Space Jam mod for this on the PC :)

Just won the NBA Title in my second season, start off third season and Im demoted to 6th man with DJ Augustin taking my place :mad: Cue Aidan Demanding a trade to the Knicks/Raptors/Mavericks ended up in Minnesota which I wasnt having, now at Rockets with Harden and Dwight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone out there start their second season, you know the way before a game it asks "next game or next key game", if i keep choosing next key game will the simulator mess up my chances of reaching the playoffs by not simulating enough winning games, or should i just keep picking "next game" if i want to win enough games to reach playoffs? Cheers

Anyone out there start their second season, you know the way before a game it asks "next game or next key game", if i keep choosing next key game will the simulator mess up my chances of reaching the playoffs by not simulating enough winning games, or should i just keep picking "next game" if i want to win enough games to reach playoffs? Cheers
    I played second season, they pretty much make you play against star players in your position and high profile games ala Lakers/Celtics. In the play offs you play games such as first home game and decider games.

astonaidan wrote: »
    I played second season, they pretty much make you play against star players in your position and high profile games ala Lakers/Celtics. In the play offs you play games such as first home game and decider games.

You can sim games in your 2nd season ?, praise the Lord

Soby wrote: »
    You can sim games in your 2nd season ?, praise the Lord
    I was the same, put off starting second season thinking I had to play all the games. Nearly cried when sim to next key game came up :D

So guys Ive got to the end off my forth season and I thought Id surely have hit free agency by now, only for it to sim the off season again, i then checked my contract and noticed I dont actually have a wage and its just a continuous contract, is anyone else finding this

astonaidan wrote: »
    So guys Ive got to the end off my forth season and I thought Id surely have hit free agency by now, only for it to sim the off season again, i then checked my contract and noticed I dont actually have a wage and its just a continuous contract, is anyone else finding this
    Not sure if ye guys are still playing this, I had to start my career again as when they updated the game it wrecked my game I played four seasons and my contract never renewed :mad:
    I think I kinda ruined it for myself by always demanding trades anyways so this time going to stick with one team (76ers) till I get to move via free agency to a big un :cool: but not after telling my team Im going to re-new :pac:

I've started playing again because of the playoffs. But I'm really getting into MyTeam, its really good fun but the servers are still dogey online.

Anyone still playing this? I'm looking to pick it up again, want to get stuck back into My Career but might just hold off for NBA 2K15. Has there been any patches released to improve gameplay in any way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone still playing this? I'm looking to pick it up again, want to get stuck back into My Career but might just hold off for NBA 2K15. Has there been any patches released to improve gameplay in any way?

Gonna hold off for 2K15 myself.

• Advertisement

I presume any VC from NBA2K14 won't transfer over to 15?

I started a new MyGM mode yesterday as my interest was sparked again by news of Lebron & Melo. Stuck together a decent set of starters as the Knicks:

Parker,
    JR,
    Melo,
    Pau Gasol,
    Chandler

Danny Green as 6th man.

Enjoying it so far but tempted to wait for 15. I hope they put in an option to only play key games in MyCareer. It was such a slog doing a 82 game season + the playoffs. I only played 1 season and left it at that.

Also wish you do a career with a current pro. Like pick wiggins and start off his career

v3ttel wrote: »
    Enjoying it so far but tempted to wait for 15. I hope they put in an option to only play key games in MyCareer. It was such a slog doing a 82 game season + the playoffs. I only played 1 season and left it at that.

In the second season of MyCareer on Xbox One it gave me the option to only play key games?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Server closures ruin these games! Is it worth it?

In the second season of MyCareer on Xbox One it gave me the option to only play key games?

I don't have the option to skip to key games in the second season, unless I missed it? It doesn't seem to have key games highlighted in the calendar.

I haven't even played one game in the second one yet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

NBA 2k13 > NBA 2k14. Why? Because of controlls, IMO in 2k13 it was way more better than 2k14. Is there an option to change control settings to be like in 2k13? I was looking everywhere, can't find that :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement