Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free AVG Internet Security 2015 4 Year License

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

was getting message for last 2 weeks, now , new 1, you have 29 days to get a license as the one you are using is an illegal one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Could not have timed it better. My trial ran out recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

My son says when the 1st post appired on this thread he clicked on the AVG link & it did indeed say free AVG IS for 4 yrs & gave a choice of 2 serial No's including the one listed by the OP, if this is true then AVG are messing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

richieb wrote: »
    was getting message for last 2 weeks, now , new 1, you have 29 days to get a license as the one you are using is an illegal one

Enter the serial number again
    Copy and paste
    Worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

my serial no. was changed to 30 day trial version, copied and pasted 4 year one , rebooted pc and its 4 year again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Was down to 9 days left on a free trial - now I have 1076 days left! Thanks OP :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

richieb wrote: »
    my serial no. was changed to 30 day trial version, copied and pasted 4 year one , rebooted pc and its 4 year again
    Same here ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

AVG said they have no details on this key and checked it out.
    They got back saying it's not genuine and I need to get my money back - but obviously it wasn't paid for.
    They asked me to consider getting a genuine copy and a 40% discount.

PeteK* wrote: »
    AVG said they have no details on this key and checked it out.
    They got back saying it's not genuine and I need to get my money back - but obviously it wasn't paid for.
    They asked me to consider getting a genuine copy and a 40% discount.
    Why would you ask them about it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Mine is good until the 2038:)

AVAST_zpsorhbhvxx.jpg

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Mine is good until the 2038:)

AVAST_zpsorhbhvxx.jpg

how did you manage that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

how did you manage that

oops sorry lads :o thought this thread was about Avast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Mine keeps reverting back to the trial after a day or two every time i change the code anyone else getting this?

NATLOR wrote: »
    Mine keeps reverting back to the trial after a day or two every time i change the code anyone else getting this?

Yeah mines the same

Wonder what will happen when trial is over, will know in 9 days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I'd imagine it just won't update any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Just cut&paste the serial number in again, it works.

mad m wrote: »
    Just cut&paste the serial number in again, it works.
    yeah i just did that for the second time, long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Guys, I'm all for not paying for software. But this ain't a Bargain's Alert. It's a leaked product key, which AVG are trying to invalidate.

* Enters Key again to get two more days out of it....

Dampsquid wrote: »
    Guys, I'm all for not paying for software. But this ain't a Bargain's Alert. It's a leaked product key, which AVG are trying to invalidate.

* Enters Key again to get two more days out of it....

why do you say two days ?

surely its a bargain if we get it for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Also av-test.org gave a low rating for AVG for last month, switched back to Avast after one of my clients PCs got infected.

stevek93 wrote: »
    Also av-test.org gave a low rating for AVG for last month, switched back to Avast after one of my clients PCs got infected.

Avg can't block everything
    People click on links not knowing what they are doing half the time
    Last laptop I cleaned for someone had 900 threats, his anti virus was a virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I do wonder at times what the fudge people do be at, I get around on my machine and never a threat...like where are they picking up these things??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I do wonder at times what the fudge people do be at, I get around on my machine and never a threat...like where are they picking up these things??

"Free emoticons? Where do I sign up?!"

Dody Facebook links, landlord was on about he installed a new version of flash player and all of a sudden his computer went into lock down mode and started asking for money. :D

Also firstrowssports or any of them streaming websites for films are riddled with script attacks. A lot of people don't update their machine and then complain they have a virus.

The machine was completely locked down GP wouldn't allow it do anything. No administrator rights, also had malwarebytes.

stevek93 wrote: »
    The machine was completely locked down GP wouldn't allow it do anything. No administrator rights, also had malwarebytes.

I scan mine at regular intervals with avg. ccleaner,and malwarebytes, I'm yet to get infected
    The amount of people that ask me to look at laptops don't even bother doing this or update there systems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

It's called handy money. ;)

Money ? Where ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Money ? Where ?
    Just install this FREE browser add-on! We promise not to spam you with ads or log your keystrokes. After all, it's free! What could be suspicious about that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

I scan mine at regular intervals with avg. ccleaner,and malwarebytes, I'm yet to get infected
    The amount of people that ask me to look at laptops don't even bother doing this or update there systems

I preform a full update and scan each week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

Lads have any of ye had issues with RAM usage after installing this..my laptop is hitting seven years and I refuse to upgrade as it's still going strong,still quiet enough for a 7 year old and fair prompt to start up. It was 4gb when purchased.One thing Iv noticed is that it randomly restarts...im guessing it's ram however I don't get a low memory warning...im guess that's it as I never get a blue screen or critical error screen after the restart. this has happened very fortnight or three weeks. id use my laptop daily in college. any ideas if its the anti-virus? or even tips suggestions apart from upgrading memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

skinny90 wrote: »
    Lads have any of ye had issues with RAM usage after installing this..my laptop is hitting seven years and I refuse to upgrade as it's still going strong,still quiet enough for a 7 year old and fair prompt to start up. It was 4gb when purchased.One thing Iv noticed is that it randomly restarts...im guessing it's ram however I don't get a low memory warning...im guess that's it as I never get a blue screen or critical error screen after the restart. this has happened very fortnight or three weeks. id use my laptop daily in college. any ideas if its the anti-virus? or even tips suggestions apart from upgrading memory

It might be that your install of AVG is set to auto reboot your laptop after an update. Go into advanced settings and there should be a section allowing you to choose when to update the AVG files.
    If not AVG some other program might be dong this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

If you're on Windows 8 or above you have little need for antivirus, just ensure Windows Defender is activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

If you're on Windows 8 or above you have little need for antivirus, just ensure Windows Defender is activated.

Whats above windows 8? :):):):):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

That's an attitude that makes plenty of work for me believe me it's not good enough.

0 out of 6 for protection
    http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-8/february-2015/microsoft-windows-defender-4.6-150671/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Just 4 days to go.
    What's a good alternative to AVG (free of course!)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Microsoft Security Essentials

• Advertisement

i wouldn't charge anyone for that

don't be so naive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Microsoft Security Essentials

Which I believe is now renamed Windows defender on Windows 8/8.1

Avast is top at the moment I believe,

Saying that I use Windows defender on my PC but I'm careful what I do when on the PC / internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

jay0109 wrote: »
    Just 4 days to go.
    What's a good alternative to AVG (free of course!)?
    Have you tried repasting in the license key from the start of the thread - I originally used it on AVG 2014 - then when the other posters started mentioning about the expiry / illegal warnings I got a 1 year license free for AVG 2015 which was going to last til June (as I had previous trial license on PC), but on the off chance I pasted in the key from the thread and Bingo - the license is back for Feb 2018 - Worth a shot maybe?

Have you tried repasting in the license key from the start of the thread - I originally used it on AVG 2014 - then when the other posters started mentioning about the expiry / illegal warnings I got a 1 year license free for AVG 2015 which was going to last til June (as I had previous trial license on PC), but on the off chance I pasted in the key from the thread and Bingo - the license is back for Feb 2018 - Worth a shot maybe?

Have tried that a few times and all seems to go ok. But a few days later the warning reappears with the countdown continuing on as from before my attempted update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Whats above windows 8? :):):):):D

Windows 10.

• Advertisement

AVG expires tomorrow for me

And ?

just sayin is all, to alert other folk that might be that close to losing theirs also:rolleyes:

For anyone who has lost their AVG,Bitdefender currently giving 6 months free, courtesy of another BA (post 34)

link

Lots of people complaining about it on that link, slowing down machines

Avg free trial for me for a month I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement