Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free AVG Internet Security 2015 4 Year License

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My 1 year code from last year expired about 2 weeks ago, this antivirus expires in 2018, thank you OP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Thanks OP just got a copy for myself and a copy for her new laptop. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Thanks doctor saves me a trip to PC world

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

4 posts in and no sign of the Microsoft essentials brigade.

Will get avg later. Thanks op:)

Just asking.
    Is M$ Essentials useless or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

OU812 wrote: »
    Have a Mac. Don't need anti virus.

;)

Smart phone and abacus ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

vectra wrote: »
    Just asking.
    Is M$ Essentials useless or something?

Worst rated of them all. Its what the other companies class as sh1t and at least try and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Worst rated of them all. Its what the other companies class as sh1t and at least try and better.

AVG installed and licenced to 2018
    Thanks and thank OP

Screenshot2014-10-02104940_zps76b54846.png

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

This is what I get ,can someone help.i barely have basics for computers .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

OU812 wrote: »
    Have a Mac. Don't need anti virus.

;)

Hows that ShellShock Vulnerability going?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Installed and applied the code, but am getting an error when trying to update the virus definitions (General error Popup box in the corner). Any ideas?

Thanks.

(Seems their site is currently down too).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

What's the source for the licence key?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Worked for me thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Well thank you...

ppshay wrote: »
    What's the source for the licence key?
    go direct to avg and download full suite and type in code in box for it during install if worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Does anyone else find it quite ironic that an internet security firm has such a gaping hole in it's own security that allows an unlimited number of users to get their product for free by re-using the same product key?

Akrasia wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it quite ironic that an internet security firm has such a gaping hole in it's own security that allows an unlimited number of users to get their product for free by re-using the same product key?
    I was thinking the 4 years was abit much but then it's windows, most installs will blow up well before that and as many more through new machines + it doesn't really cost them anything to do it and if the feeling of an extra layer of security gets a few % of whoever installs now through this promotion shure they're laughing.

I doubt it'd be as huge a take up as you'd imagine aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

thanks op
    installed perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Worked for me too. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Cheers OP. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Thanks OP, I would warn people to keep an eye on updates though as if the key is disabled it could last less than four years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

For those of you running AVG on Windows 7/8/8.1 you might want to recheck installing AVG.

You'll see that both AVG Free and Internet Security are quite low on the list. (click to sort by 'protection').

http://www.av-test.org/en/?avtest%5Btype%5D=3&avtest%5Bplatforms%5D=5-4-1&avtest%5Bseries%5D=5-4-1:1406851200.2

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭zzap64

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting reading and it looks like they do deep research. I think it's time to get rid of AVG Free and get Norton. Around £24 on Amazon for 3 user 1 year version, which is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,812 ✭✭✭✭muffler

shardylan wrote: »
    You know more than I know seeing as you are able to use proxy servers. :)

muffler wrote: »
    You know more than I know seeing as you are able to use proxy servers. :)
    It throws up that screen if you have a bad connection aswell, which I'd say happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

All working fine now :)

Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

It throws up that screen if you have a bad connection aswell, which I'd say happened here.

It wasn't showing a problem with my comnection(I have UPC which is fairly decent)
    I had avg already so I'm going to try change the licence key and restart see if that helps
    Thanks

It wasn't showing a problem with my comnection(I have UPC which is fairly decent)
    I had avg already so I'm going to try change the licence key and restart see if that helps
    Thanks
    Try deleting the whole thing, grab the free trial of the main site, when installing it you can input the Key, theirs a box for it, see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Still working.

After installing with the key provided the license info says

Product Name: AVG Internet Security 2015 (Full, 145000 computers)

Must be either a bulk licence key or maybe a limited giveaway by AVG ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    From somebody who works in the security industry I wouldn't put any faith in AV-test results. Lets just say they dont mean too much. Still a good offer though :)

Have to second that. I have yet to come across anyone who relies solely on AVG.

I know a lot here dont like paying for antivirus. I have had more friends come to me with issues with viruses and thats after spending over 100 euro with various outlets to remove the viruses only for the owner to reinstall AVG and go back to where they were. I have used Nortons for quite some time and have 6 pcs in the circle using it, have never had an issue with either. It does all for the user without them having to do anything. For the cost of Nortons in respect to what people pay for the laptop, coupled with ease of use of Nortons against limited knowledge of what they would have to install and regularly run i.e various programmes. I am unconvinced by these free antivirus packages.

Advertisement