Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

This one was particularly painful because ordinarily you'd share the cost of outside talent with other promotions using that talent during their time in Europe. Mox and Pac were only working OTT so it's OTT that takes on the burden of the costs on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I see the goal went from 4k to 6k there overnight on the gofundme and it's nearly there.

Here's a question. Why isn't Alexander Dean wrestling for OTT? He's unreal and really coming into his own recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Sirsok wrote: »
    Just for some perspective to run Wrestlecon , which was two shows in the Tivoli with Abyss, Xpac and Chris Hero, Joe said before he needed to take out a 20k loan. And if any thing was to happen to Tivoli, say it flooded, he would lose all that money.

There was the Q+A also where Joe said that if the first Stadium show wasn't a success they were going to fold.

brianblaze wrote: »
    I see the goal went from 4k to 6k there overnight on the gofundme and it's nearly there.

Here's a question. Why isn't Alexander Dean wrestling for OTT? He's unreal and really coming into his own recently?

I think he was booking courage and Joe did not like Courage running dublin, so there was a rule that if you worked Courage you'd never work OTT. I think that's relaxed with J Money and others though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Sirsok wrote: »
    Just for some perspective to run Wrestlecon , which was two shows in the Tivoli with Abyss, Xpac and Chris Hero, Joe said before he needed to take out a 20k loan. And if any thing was to happen to Tivoli, say it flooded, he would lose all that money.

is he not insured? ****ty way to run a business if he isnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,870 ✭✭✭hynesie08

montyrebel wrote: »

Insurance isn't magic, if they can figure out a way to get out of paying you, they will. Joe would have all the necessary insurance to run an event, but any out of pocket expenses wouldn't be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I'm sure he is, but that would cover the price of the venue, if the insurer doesn't somehow find a way to get out. Not what they've paid the likes of Chris Hero to fly over and wrestle.

I'm insured, I even have loss of earnings insurance which covers force majeure etc, and they're not covering this. Pandemic apparently is totally outside anything covered in any small business insurance package

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Bit of a meh statement - you could have the best of insurance and they will still find ways to get out of paying. Travel insurance companies are not paying out on disruption due to COVID-19..... Im sure they have insurance but certain things may be excluded and wont cover everything.

I've never been to an event of OTT but obviously am familar with the company and had planned on heading to some of the events this year! Think its vital that people support it as much as possible! Think of Mox, Pac, Mustache Mountain & Toni Storm - all on WWE/AEW TV in the last 2 months and they are bringing them over.

Give them all the help we can imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Knew Tyler Bate would find another reason to no-show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Seriously? Think alone of how much it would cost to fly in Jon Moxley. Former WWE champion, he's 100% on a first class flight, he lives in Vegas, imagine how much money that flight cost? Then add up the flights of other wrestlers he's bringing in. Even Dan Barry's flight from New York would've cost upwards of 500 euro. Then there's the building rental, advertising etc.
    Okay I won't ask any questions, thanks pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

brianblaze wrote: »

I'd say the tiniest bit of digging on Twitter etc would answer that question for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Omackeral wrote: »
    Knew Tyler Bate would find another reason to no-show.

This deserves more thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

OTT have put Scrappermania V up for free and people have been doing a live tweet-along since 8pm.

https://overthetopwrestling.pivotshare.com/media/over-the-top-wrestling-presents-scrappermania-5/85078/feature?t=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I dunno about the whole OTT asking for 6k.
    If I were to donate 100 euro to them right now... On one hand it could be classed as me supporting OTT.
    On the other hand if I had problems next month paying my electricity bill would OTT help me out? Would OTT give me the same 100? They wouldn't. Let's be honest. It's a business.

Joe puts on these shows to make money and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I pay for virgin media broadband.
    I pay for Xbox game pass.
    I pay for ea access.
    I pay for ps now.
    I pay for utility bills.
    I pay for food.
    I pay for Dublin bus.
    I pay for rent.
    Etc.

These are services and goods I "consume" - it's a business transaction. Nothing more. Nothing less. You wouldn't donate 1 euro more than what you have to towards Dublin bus or your local petrol station etc would you?

Think about how that 6k could have went to people in need like charities etc.

So there for, and I am not saying this to be controversial, mean or stir the pot... But the term "mark" seems to be alive and well within the pro wrestling fan community.

Except they didn’t ask for it. A fan set up the go fund me.

Except they didn’t ask for it. A fan set up the go fund me.
    They won't refuse it tho

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anywho!

Aonghus Óg McAnally, Dan Barry and 2 members of Kings of The North liked my tweets and/or retweeted me on Twitter last night, so I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

If I were to donate 100 euro to them right now... On one hand it could be classed as me supporting OTT.
    On the other hand if I had problems next month paying my electricity bill would OTT help me out? Would OTT give me the same 100? They wouldn't. Let's be honest. It's a business.

Joe puts on these shows to make money and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I pay for ea access.
    I pay for ps now.
    I pay for utility bills.
    I pay for food.
    I pay for Dublin bus.
    I pay for rent.
    Etc.

These are services and goods I "consume" - it's a business transaction. Nothing more. Nothing less. You wouldn't donate 1 euro more than what you have to towards Dublin bus or your local petrol station etc would you?

So there for, and I am not saying this to be controversial, mean or stir the pot... But the term "mark" seems to be alive and well within the pro wrestling fan community.

Hopefully you can afford to still settle your electricity bill after you pay for all your video gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I pay for ea access.
    I pay for ps now.
    I pay for utility bills.
    I pay for food.
    I pay for Dublin bus.
    I pay for rent.
    Etc.

Why do you feel like this is some sort of mandatory payment that you have to donate to OTT. Very odd post this. Keep your money and let others do what they want with theirs. Its a fan backed Go Fund Me by fans who wanted to do it. You don't need to have any involvement at all.

They won't refuse it tho

Why would they? Why should they? Odd rebuttal.

showpony1 wrote: »
    Hopefully you can afford to still settle your electricity bill after you pay for all your video gaming.

*Runs bridge of nose*
    Erm.. ok.

To the other posters who quoted me :

Look, my two cents are, which I am sure won't go down well is that see all the whole supporting OTT with using the refund money to buy merch? Donate to this go fund me? ... It's markish.

OTT is a business.

Like you remember the Perry Saturn video? He's crying. He's homeless. Down on his luck and no where to stay. Man that's a cause to give to.

So OTT had to cancel a show. Millions of businesses around the world have been effected and cancelled things.

As said, I could donate 100 euro to OTT. Heck I could donate 500. But come next month if I have problems paying the rent or bills are OTT going to return that favour?

No. It's a business. That's two cents. If everyone else is allowed to have an opinion of things then I am too. Agree .... Or Disagree. Cool.

But ciano don't say I don't have a right to talk about things. This is a message board. People post their opinions weather right or wrong. Am sure if I looked at your post history I would find so much crap where "you had no right" so don't play that card, ciano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads, donate if you want, dont donate if you dont want to.

simple as. Lets move on. Its getting a bit babyish now.....

Markish?

It's called supporting something you like. People enjoy OTT. It gives them joy. It's the highlight of social interaction for a lot of people there. If they want to lend a hand to something that brings them joy, how is that markish? Only in wrestling would you hear that. I'm a member at Bohemian FC. I pay up front for that and it gets me admission to all games and a vote at meetings. Sometimes I donate to fundraisers too because I like the club and get back as much as I put in, maybe more. Bohs is high up on my totem pole. I don't consider myself a mark for doing that. Just a passionate fan who cares. They guys and gals are simply doing the same for OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Markish?

It's called supporting something you like. People enjoy OTT. It gives them joy. It's the highlight of social interaction for a lot of people there. If they want to lend a hand to something that brings them joy, how is that markish? Only in wrestling would you hear that. I'm a member at Bohemian FC. I pay up front for that and it gets me admission to all games and a vote at meetings. Sometimes I donate to fundraisers too because I like the club and get back as much as I put in, maybe more. Bohs is high up on my totem pole. I don't consider myself a mark for doing that. Just a passionate fan who cares. They guys and gals are simply doing the same for OTT.

This could easily apply to everyone on this forum. Just swap out Bohemians and insert X,Y,Z hobby or interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

I was saying Boo-OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Anyone get a Scrappermania refund? I realise they are swamped but is it just a matter of waiting or am I meant to apply for one? Can't see where I would do that on eventbrite

They’re automatic pal

Phoenix have got their streaming service up atm
    https://phoenixwrasslin.pivotshare.com/

First two shows are up now, there's also some free matches up now too.
    Allonsy v Keitel for the inaugural Phoenix Empress title and Armstrongs vs MTH are both free if you wanna check them out.

cian68 wrote: »
    Anyone get a Scrappermania refund? I realise they are swamped but is it just a matter of waiting or am I meant to apply for one? Can't see where I would do that on eventbrite

All automatic through Eventbrite. They're refunding a lot of events globally now though so will probably take a while

• Advertisement

Lads, we knocked this on the head once already. Let people spend their money however they please, move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

No surprise OTT had to cancel there Waterford and next Belfast show. I think they said refunds from OTT will be coming next week, but of course could be longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

jface187 wrote: »
    No surprise OTT had to cancel there Waterford and next Belfast show. I think they said refunds from OTT will be coming next week, but of course could be longer.

Might be a long time before we see another OTT show. Supposed to be one day before NXT Dublin. Say both events will be gone as well. Maybe August/September if even before we get a show :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Lads, take it away from the thread. We’d prefer to discuss Irish wrestling, not read you both go tit for tat with each other. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I uh, I got the refund anyway. Cheers lads. I see everything went swimmingly since I asked

I uh, I got the refund anyway. Cheers lads. I see everything went swimmingly since I asked

Got mine yesterday as well. Subbed to OTT On Demand last week to get my Irish wrestling fix. Might have a look at the Phoenix stuff soon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

MOD NOTE: Trolling results in a ban. Good job those not rising to it. Deleting posts and related posts to clean up the thread. Cheers guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

https://youtu.be/tzYGH__Anjg

Great stuff from OTT. They will be back. Scrappermania 5 was my favorite show of 2019.

Mine came in about 2 days ago fwiw

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Over The Top Wrestling
    ‪🔴 Date Changes🔴‬
    ‪Homecoming 3 will now take place AUG 15th from WIT Arena #Waterford‬
    ‪Banjaxed 2 will now take please AUG 16 from The Europa #Belfast ‬
    ‪All tickets still valid for new dates. All customers should receive an email with further information. #OTT ‬

• Advertisement

NXT UK Takover Dublin is now October 25th - probably will clash with OTT's Sunday ringside club for their 6th Anniversary weekend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NXT UK Takover Dublin is now October 25th - probably will clash with OTT's Sunday ringside club for their 6th Anniversary weekend.

Unless they do an early show so people could do both?

Unless they do an early show so people could do both?

The stadium show the night before and NXT UK on Sunday will be enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Not a coincidence when you consider the original date was one day after another OTT show.

not much analysis here of the OTT tivoli gems show

All the analysis was done live on Twitter! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Outrageous decision by the landlord. As was quickly pointed out on Twitter, it's not as if other customers will be queueing up to pay rent on the unit any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

so ni company wrespect had a peado working for them as well as stalker callum murray, check out @wrespecttrainee on twitter for details, company needs shut down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

so ni company wrespect had a peado working for them as well as stalker callum murray, check out @wrespecttrainee on twitter for details, company needs shut down

Accounts been deleted by the look of things.

Advertisement