Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Crew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    B@stard!

If anyone gets a PS4 code that they don't want, I'll gladly take it off you. Then if I get one in an email I'll post it up here.

The email says the key is non-transferable. I wonder if they have locked it to your PSN ID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Waiting for one on the Xbox one myself

The email says the key is non-transferable. I wonder if they have locked it to your PSN ID.

Did u have to enter your psn Id when u signed up?

naughto wrote: »
    Did u have to enter your psn Id when u signed up?

Maybe, honestly can't remember. But the email is addressed to my PSN name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,908 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, you use your PSN ID to sign up.

Actually just checked, you register for beta with your UPlay account. Fully sure I'd get it today, balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Got my key aswell, downloading as we speak :D

New Patch notes

Now that the console beta is coming closer we’d like to give you a look at some of the major changes that were applied to the game.

Graphics
    • Removed the Grany effect at night time.
    • Regrouped the colors from the Headquarters/Car Tuners in a logical order.
    • Fixed minor visuals bugs on cars.
    • Fixed an issue affecting the camera that was passing through objects in Car Dealers/Car. Tuners/Headquarters.
    • Fixed various graphical bugs in Car Dealers/Car Tuners/Headquarters.
    • Fixed various graphical bugs throughout the world.
    • Fixed an issue when a vehicle was leaving the car tuner without its chassis.

• Improved the sessoning system in freeride.
    • Improved the PvP lobby sessioning system.
    • Reduced the bandwidth used by the game.
    • Added a party system to voice chat only with your friends.

UI
    • Tweaked the UI to allow the players to have a more distinct display of information.
    • Improved the quick coop interface.
    • Improved the friend list interface.
    • Corrected and updated texts throughout the game.
    • Updated some wiki pages that were deprecated.
    • Updated skill names in order to be consistent with the game progression.
    • Added an AFK icon (zZz bubble) next to the player's name and in the crew roster to indicate that a player is idle.
    • Added a small icon next to the players name indicating whether the player is in sport handling (orange wheel) or hardcore handling (red wheel).
    • Added icons on the map that indicate the approximate areas where secret car parts can be found.
    • Fixed an issue where players do not receive notifications when a friend beats their score record from skills or missions.

Gameplay
    • Improved the global PvP flow.
    • Enhancement of the car handling while in “sport” or “hardcore” mode.
    • Enhancement of the “Drifting” aspect of the cars.
    • Added an auto “back on track” feature.
    • Improved traffic AI.
    • Removed the timer to select a race in PvP Private modes.
    • Tweaked the police AI to be slightly more aggressive.
    • Tweaked AI and mission difficulty.
    • Tweaked skill difficulty.
    • Improved car physics and collisions with environment and other players.

The team also fixed over 4000 bugs in the last 30 days and many other modifications and improvements have been made to the game.

Get your PS4 and Xbox One ready for the next beta and don’t forget to have fun on our roads!

#NeverDriveAlone
    The Crew Team

I'm so glad I got into the beta for this game. Now I know that I can safely avoid buying it later this year when all games start coming thick and fast.

Just my first impressiona but there was nothing impressive on show here, except for the cool map implementation. I didn't immedi take to the car handling like in say a NFS game. And graphically I found it very disappointing. I'd say it is no more impressive than NFS Most Wanted.

Anyone else get a BETA code, still waiting but not holding my breath. Really wanted to try it before buying. If controls aren't too good, I'd stick with Drive Club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just signed up wanna try it so bad just see the maps size lol

If anyone gets a cide they dont want can they PM it to me
    Would also help with the wait till alien isolation LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played a bit of it and didn't particularly enjoy it. Just seems pretty generic to me.

I'm also assuming it looks poor as it's a beta and they toned back on the graphics. Otherwise it's nowhere near as good looking as the trailers.

The beta keeps making my ps4 freeze so I stopped playing it, didn't really find it any good anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

can i drive to las vegas in this beta??

biggebruv wrote: »
    can i drive to las vegas in this beta??

Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Would suggest people stick with until at least level 7, around then you get the good car mods and the handling changes when you apply things to your car.

It has to have some sort of Grinding to work as its MMO, and most importantly play coop games. Great fun when you have take someone out and your Crew box him in.

• Advertisement

Sickened I didn't get a code :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm also assuming it looks poor as it's a beta and they toned back on the graphics. Otherwise it's nowhere near as good looking as the trailers.

I'd say that's how it will look. I've never come across a game that improved it's graphics from beta to final release. A beta is basically finished and it's just game mode tweaks and bug smashing to do. All online only/focused games on the large scale tend to have average graphics as a general rule.

Think we all know at this stage that trailers are not a real indicator of final graphic quality. Watchdogs being a prime example.

There's a new beta on the 6th, anyone know if those who had the beta still downloaded from the last time can use it again?

There's a new reg page on their website. I registered again but not holding my breath. I'd say you should reg again just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I just got an email to say I'll be getting a code for the second beta :)

I only registered the once for the first one.

• Advertisement

Just got an email as well. Anyone know the approx size if the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I got an email with a code for xbox one. Anyone want the code I don't think I'll have the time to play it

Got a code too, I take it the beta I have still downloaded from the last time won't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I got an email with a code for xbox one. Anyone want the code I don't think I'll have the time to play it

I'll take it if it's still available.

If any one has a code they don't want I'll take it

I'm able too play on the beta I downloaded from before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

if anyone has a ps4 code id be very grateful for one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got a PS4 code, but have to wait until Thursday to play. I take it i have to wait until then to download it too... Will drag me away from AW for a while at least.

Got a PS4 code, but have to wait until Thursday to play. I take it i have to wait until then to download it too... Will drag me away from AW for a while at least.

Did you get an email or code sent to your PS4 account on the console?

any idea how long this beta will last? got a code and waiting for my email

• Advertisement

I got an email but no code. Then saw CVG giveing away hundreds of codes and a competition (win headphones by posting the fastest lap on a certain mission. Just registered my code. If I get my original one, I'll post it here.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/480426/blog/giveaway-the-crew-ps4-xbox-one-beta-keys/

any idea how long this beta will last? got a code and waiting for my email

Till Monday I think

ah balls anyway, in london for the weekend :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did you get an email or code sent to your PS4 account on the console?

Just an email from Ubi saying i've been selected and i'll get the code Thursday.

Got my code for the Beta this morning, sent it to the download queue. 13.3gb's, hopefully will be ready for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

three codes for PS4
    944L-J4NK-74C7

HT73-LBNP-4JCF

NTHK-DTNH-9JLJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Feels like need for speed mixed with forza horizon and fast and furious guest starring gordon freeman as the driver :D

It's got Demon Cleaner by Kyuss on the sound track :eek: Sold!!!!!!

Doesn't look all that nice when you hold it up to others in it's class, few things not finished like the rear view mirror not showing a reflection when in car view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have it downloaded waiting to be played later on. Looking forward to trying this out, I haven't looked into it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Played about half an hour, it's utter crap IMO. Cheesy dialogue, poor vehicle handling, just not my kind of game. It's like a cross between Driver San Francisco and Watchdogs without being able to get out of your car.

• Advertisement

I've a code and no interest in playing. PM if anyone would like it.
    Edit: for PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Played about half an hour, it's utter crap IMO. Cheesy dialogue, poor vehicle handling, just not my kind of game. It's like a cross between Driver San Francisco and Watchdogs without being able to get out of your car.

Have you messed with the different driving options in the menu ?. Theres loads of dials to tweak, along with presets for "all aids" on, "sports" and "pro" or something similar. I played for an hour and just stuck it on sports, got past the first few story missions and got to the point where the whole map is now explorable.. havent really formed a solid impression on it yet myself apart from it having not so great visuals, but not brutal either, it kind of reminds me of the look of the Midnight club games on the ps2.. ill have to have a spin from NY to LA and see if the driving clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

For those that have played a bit of it:

How big is the game? Is the map large enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

For those that have played a bit of it:

How big is the game? Is the map large enough?

The map is very big, driving between cities can take awhile let alone driving from one side of the map to the other, which i gotta try later. and ill time it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I could only play the prologue. Now every time I try to play it says that PSN is unreachable. Anyone else having this trouble?

nocoverart wrote: »
    I could only play the prologue. Now every time I try to play it says that PSN is unreachable. Anyone else having this trouble?

Just tried to play it after downloading there, getting the same message. Will try again later.

• Advertisement

Anyone see any difference between this demo and the last one? I didn't enjoy the last one and thought that it was very rough graphically.

All downloaded when i got home, finished the prologue and really enjoyed. Dash cam definitely the best way to play in it. In the main garage and told i cant leave until more of the game installs. I quit to xmb and check options for the game. Shows 6gbs of 16gbs downloaded. Another 10 bollicking gbs. Will check again later tonight.

Enjoying the story, alex looks like a cross between Gordon freeman and a young walter white.

tok9 wrote: »
    I've a code and no interest in playing. PM if anyone would like it.
    Edit: for PS4

Code is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EdragonXX

Everyone on PS4 and Xbox One is already invited to play Crew beta. So you do not need a code.

Still can't get past the prologue, 5gbs downloaded, another 5 to go. Giving up for the night. What car did ye pick starting? I went with the Camaro ss, class car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement