Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

when a mission goes really sour

Heh, I mean really sour, I mean stuck in the middle of that bloody cattle ranch sour :D

Grabbing a spas 12 has saved my tuckas a number of times

Anyone had a grenade launcher or RPG jam on them yet? Curious to what happens.

I know if a pistol or rifle jams too often it goes off in your hand, want to see what happens with RPG :D

or for that matter the flamethrower!

Its jammed on me once which was just it hissing alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Gold AK-47 FTW, nothin else packs more power

I've yet to find one (well haven't really looked :)). How many shots to down the bad guys?

Just found something that may help people who get frustrated about the checkpoints refilling so fast. The IED's seem to stay around when you plant them, so you can clear a checkpoint and plant the ied's, do whatever you need to do then come back and detonate them when the checkpoint is respawned. They will level absolutley everything :D

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Heh, I mean really sour, I mean stuck in the middle of that bloody cattle ranch sour :D

I know if a pistol or rifle jams too often it goes off in your hand, want to see what happens with RPG :D

You think the cattle ranch is bad, wait till you get to
    escaping from port selao after delivering the arms shipment ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

DarkJager wrote: »
    I've yet to find one (well haven't really looked :)). How many shots to down the bad guys?

4-5 bullets, not sure if it packs more power than the standard AK but it doesn't get jammed at all, I've done 6-8 missions with the same one and now I've finally got round to buying a storage box & I'm trying out some of the other guns. Maybe I was unlucky to find one so early in the game cos I'm spoilt now, the others just don't compare.

I found it
    in a car on its own in the desert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

One thing I will say is that the longer I play it the more immersion into the environment I feel. Like when driving a car and pulling out the map to look at it whilst also flicking your eyes back to the road, or looking left and right to take in the sights. Or the various ways you heal yourself like setting broken bones (absolutely horrible to watch due the sound of the bones cracking), bandaging yourself, pulling/poking out bullets, patting down fire.. etc. The lack of a HUD also adds greatly to the immersion. I find also because I don't have a radar to locate baddies I'm using my hearing a lot more than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

L31mr0d wrote: »
    The various ways you heal yourself like setting broken bones (absolutely horrible to watch due the sound of the bones cracking), bandaging yourself, pulling/poking out bullets, patting down fire.. etc.

Thats one of my favourite features in FC2, its great when he shoves his finger into his arm and the bullet pops out the far side, brill, haven't gotten any broken bones yet tho :(

I find also because I don't have a radar to locate baddies I'm using my hearing a lot more than usual.

Yes, 5.1 surround is a must, I've my rear speakers just a few inches behind me & I find myself crouching and listening carefully for the sniper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

The grenade launcher jam is the most annoying one in the game. The grenade fires but it doesnt launch, so it just drops out of the gun and explodes in front of you, killing you instantly.

The hissing of the flamethrower is it being out of fuel i think.

Oh and the gold Ak 47 is by no means the best gun in the game. Try the top level shotgun or the ar 16 for that.

The grenade launcher jam is the most annoying one in the game. The grenade fires but it doesnt launch, so it just drops out of the gun and explodes in front of you, killing you instantly.

The hissing of the flamethrower is it being out of fuel i think.

Oh and the gold Ak 47 is by no means the best gun in the game. Try the top level shotgun or the ar 16 for that.

I'm using the FAL Paratrooper rifle and its quite lethal....the iron sights are also a lot clearer to see what you're firing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I'm a fan of the deagle myself. What a punch it has.

• Advertisement

haven't gotten any broken bones yet tho :(

get run over by a truck, that will break a few bones. Make sure you have full health because it will take most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

anyone having a problem with their order from Play.com.

I am. it hasnt arrived yet. im pretty p***ed off about it. over a week now, since it was released, and over 10 days since it was posted out and it still hasnt arrived. wont be buying games from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Great. Just ****ing great.

Not long into the game (I'd say half an hour) I came across a gold AK. Not wanting to drop my sniper rifle (I was keeping it for a mission I knew I could use it for) I thought I could pick it up on the way back. It was gone.

Now I find out that it doesn't jam and is incredibly rare. You know, I wish they'd implemented the same weapons system from Far Cry 1. I don't need a pistol but I could happily do with a sniper rifle and some other small arm (shotgun or assault rifle) for closer engagements.

Quinine wrote: »
    I don't need a pistol but I could happily do with a sniper rifle and some other small arm (shotgun or assault rifle) for closer engagements.

Replace your pistol with an UZI or a MAC-10

Are the uzi's worthwhile then? The Dart rifle can also stand in for a sniper rifle if you need to carry an assault weapon. Make sure you buy the ammo upgrades for it though - it will give you up to 20 darts I think, which is more than enough to wipe out a checkpoint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

anyone having a problem with their order from Play.com.

I am. it hasnt arrived yet. im pretty p***ed off about it. over a week now, since it was released, and over 10 days since it was posted out and it still hasnt arrived. wont be buying games from them again.

I'm in the exact same situation there Brian. Play says it has shipped but its been over a week now and still no sign!

DarkJager wrote: »
    Are the uzi's worthwhile then? The Dart rifle can also stand in for a sniper rifle if you need to carry an assault weapon. Make sure you buy the ammo upgrades for it though - it will give you up to 20 darts I think, which is more than enough to wipe out a checkpoint :D

I don't currently have the UZI unlocked but I find the MAC-10 excellent. It has zero recoil but you couldn't hit the side of a barn if you're shooting from the hip, you have to look down the sights. Up close I find 2 short sprays from it will take down a bad guy. I only use it for close range though. It can be inadequate though if you find yourself surrounded as it's mag size is quite small

Ok, an update, the gold AK-47 does jam eventually, just happened there now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Any word on a patch yet?

just in case anyones wondering what a golf AK-47 looks like :D Supposedly there are 8 of them in total in the game

65813.jpg

• Advertisement

I haven't come across any yet but I'll be sure to do that when I can. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone finished the game yet?Im 50% through the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Skittle

Its so annoying. where do you think the hold up is? Is it play.com's fault? I ordered a book and a dvd at the same time, book was dispatched before the dvd(cause the dvd was bought prerelease), and it took longer to get to my house. It's really odd that more than one has had this problem.
    Any thought?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

just in case anyones wondering what a golf AK-47 looks like :D Supposedly there are 8 of them in total in the game

Gotta love them Germans. Normally reliable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

The game seems to be getting better every mission I play, if you don't like it at first then keep playing! It gets a lot better imo.

I love my weapon set up too now am using that assault rifle with the green scope, in place of the pistol slot I'm using a grenade launcher (in place of a pistol for god sake!!!!), and last but not least my dart rifle for a stealthy kill. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Skittle

Its so annoying. where do you think the hold up is? Is it play.com's fault? I ordered a book and a dvd at the same time, book was dispatched before the dvd(cause the dvd was bought prerelease), and it took longer to get to my house. It's really odd that more than one has had this problem.
    Any thought?

No idea what the hold up might be Brian. Maybe there's some hold-up in Portlaoise where all the packages get processed.

Guy's I'd never buy from Play.com again. An order with them once went continually from processing to being processed to being shipped back to processing...and so on for about a week. I think it actually went from shipped back to being packed at one stage.

I ordered two copies of Supreme Commander (after one showed no sign of being shipped) and cancelled one. It was still shipped out but my card was refunded and they've never requested the return of the extra copy.
    Still, after the above rigmarole (of which the ordering of Supreme Commander was a part) I couldn't buy from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Quinine wrote: »
    Guy's I'd never buy from Play.com again. An order with them once went continually from processing to being processed to being shipped back to processing...and so on for about a week. I think it actually went from shipped back to being packed at one stage.
    Out of 204 orders with play over the past 5 years I've never had an issue like that (quite a few of these were cancellations)

Still waiting for my copy from Sendit which was only posted on Tuesday:mad:

musician wrote: »
    Gotta love them Germans. Normally reliable though.

lol... I must of read that 5 or 6 times before I got it. Didn't realize i'd spelt gold wrong :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mcdonrob

Skittle wrote: »
    No idea what the hold up might be Brian. Maybe there's some hold-up in Portlaoise where all the packages get processed.

Could it be the "Exclusive Steelbook" is causing problems in shipping? (with An Post & Customs I mean). My copy was supposedly shipped Mon 27th.

Advertisement