Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Danii86 wrote: »
    OMG iv jus discovered tecso strawberry and apple dilute........it tastes like the red part of the tangle twisters.....mega yum!!!!!
    Going to pop in at lunch tomorrow and get some sounds yum I drink litres of Apple and Blackcurrnet every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

ali85 wrote: »
    Ah brilliant Bernso!! im delighted for ya... its great when you see that minus sign, especially when you are after having a few bad weeks... Thrilled for ya!!!

You won't see those 6lbs going!!!! :D Keep on truckin!!! :D

Thanks doll :D

Awh Shanna, you nearly made me tear up a bit there! Don't be so down hun, try and think of it as a positive thing you can do for yourself. Like if you're a bit quiet it's like taking baby steps to perhaps meeting a few of the people doing the same WW class as you or something. I go by myself, and you do feel like a bit of an eegit for a while, but then it becomes normal to just go along. But I totally understand, sure I went to a boxerfit class a while ago, I got there & didn't know the set up, there was no one collecting money just an empty cash box, that you put your money into & waited for others to put theirs in so you could take your change which was weird. Then I tried to say hi to the other few that arrived, about 5 or 6 girls with no real response, and they obviously all went every week coz they we chatting & the (guy) instructor was giving them hugs etc & I felt crap & left out. But then the guy said pair up and one person take the gloves & the other take the pad, and they all paired up & I was there & the instructor didn't say anything to me as I stood there, so I very quickly grabbed my money back & went home. Sometimes it's hard for sure to start something new by yourself, but the people in WW would I hope be one of the more understanding groups to join. Anyway best of luck with your home WI's! I'll be rooting for you! :D

Awh Bailey thats so bad what happened you I would cry before leaving! :( & Shanna best of luck with your ww journey.. we will be here for you, I moved to the other end of the country last year for work and dont have many friends but from my first night at ww everyone was chatty and i looked forward to going again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb :) Happy with that! Really want it to be more next week though but I don't think I could up my exercise too much this week because I am still feeling crappy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Thank you girls, I still don't think I can face a new class, just feel like a total eejit, was bad enough in my old meeting after my friend left, sitting there on my own like a fool! To be honest, I find it more supportive here than I did at my meeting. My leader is absolutely lovely, but I just felt sometimes like I wasn't getting anything for my money - just flinging a tenner away every week and not learning anything new.

Going to stick to it this week, am doing out my shopping list tonight on the tesco online website - I find it great because I have to stick to the stuff on the list and I know exactly how much everything costs!

Here's to a good week and a great loss x

Shanna, i know its hard, i put of joining WW for so long coz i had noone to go with, i kept asking my friend to join with me and she said she would but never did, then 1 day i just went by myself and joined the class, that first day was so hard going in on my own and not knowing anyone at all but it was def the best decision i ever made. i still go my own and dont know anyone there but i still stay for the meeting, sometimes the people beside me talk to me and more times they dont, and it is hard when you see everyone else in their groups chatting away and i do feel awkard sometimes, but i just try to not let it bother me. my leader is fantastic and i want to stay to hear what she has to say every week and when i see others getting their silver 7's and stones ect it does give me great encouragement. if you have a class close to you maybe consider giving it another go, but dont let the fact that you would have to go on your own put you of. but if not and you are going to do it at home, then we will all be here to support you.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Down 1lb :) Happy with that! Really want it to be more next week though but I don't think I could up my exercise too much this week because I am still feeling crappy...

Well done Monife!! So happy for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Does anyone know how many PP's are in those little Lindt Choc bunnies? They're tiny - they were beside the checkout in SuperValu this evening, 2 for €1 and they just fell in to my basket! :o:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

twirlagig wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many PP's are in those little Lindt Choc bunnies? They're tiny - they were beside the checkout in SuperValu this evening, 2 for €1 and they just fell in to my basket! :o:p:D

Hate when bunnies fall into your basket like that! ;) I'd weigh it and then pp from there. It's 2pp for 2 squares of chocolate which I would imagine is 20g?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Following my guilty conscience about the chinese I had after my weigh in on Tuesday, I have now been invited to a 'girly catch up' tomorrow night in Eddie Rockets!

Could anyone suggest some low pp choices from there?

Is it the 26g Lindt bunny or the 50 Lindt bunny?

The 26g one is 4PP and the 50g one is 8PP :)

Edit: I also came across 10g ones which were 56 calories which I would guestimate at approx 1PP, but I can't imagine a choc bunny that small :D

• Advertisement

@Shanna83 sorry to hear that it's hard for you like that. I go on my own every week and have my book in my bag. I weigh in and hen read and wait for the meeting! At the end of the day I know your friend asked you to join with her. But you lost 2 stone 9 which is amazing! And you didn't lose it for her, you lost it for you! So at the end of the day doing this is doing it for you and no one else. If you really can't face it then you should keep on plan and track and weigh in at home every week and come on here and let us know how your getting on. We're your support :)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Following my guilty conscience about the chinese I had after my weigh in on Tuesday, I have now been invited to a 'girly catch up' tomorrow night in Eddie Rockets!

They have a new menu and the salads are meant to be quite nice and good pp wise. I think the Ceaser Salad is 11? Their menu and nutrition is here

http://www.eddierockets.ie/menu/nutrition/

They don't have the nutrition up yet (irrelevant!) but they have the menu online to give you an idea! But ask for any of them with the sauce on the side. Save yourself a few pp and enjoy!

100% recommend the marinated grilled chicken caesar salad. It is 11PP and GORGEOUS!! Their chips are 14PP and the garlic sauce is 7PP (beware!!)!!

Skinny Doll's Blog has a full list of PP values for Eddie Rockets... nom nom nom :)

100% recommend the marinated grilled chicken caesar salad. It is 11PP and GORGEOUS!! Their chips are 14PP and the garlic sauce is 7PP (beware!!)!!

Skinny Doll's Blog has a full list of PP values for Eddie Rockets... nom nom nom :)

Isn't it mad that you can have a whole salad for 'less' than a portion of the chips, which to be fair for me is like a side snack :p and the garlic sauce is tiny :eek: My lunch today was huge for 6pp and I almost had a bag of LFC's afterwards for 5. I was like cop on its waste of points. Had an apple instead :rolleyes:. To be fair craving for them passed after a couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Why thank you =)

I came accross something online that said they're tenders meal is 11pp, but I can't remember where I found that and it's lost now!

Somehow I don't think I trust that pp!!

Thanks for the advice! Fingers crossed i'll make a decision with all this info and stick to this decision =)

Is it the 26g Lindt bunny or the 50 Lindt bunny?

The 26g one is 4PP and the 50g one is 8PP :)

Edit: I also came across 10g ones which were 56 calories which I would guestimate at approx 1PP, but I can't imagine a choc bunny that small :D

Had to go take the wrapper from the bin, it WAS the 10g - googled the barcode, very deeelishh!!! :D

http://www.carricksofpenrith.com/40-easter/649-gold-bunny-milk-chocolate-10g.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Have started bringing my own milk into work - its only going to save me one pp a day on my cereal but I was getting to used to the taste of low fat - and I love skimmed milk. Also every now and then there is only full fat in work and that wastes so many pp. Trying to be as motivated as I can be. Have developed a taste for crunchy nut cornflakes - so tomorrow am going to go back to the healthier cereals, sugarfree alpen, weetabix or even just rice crispies!

Finally got the charger back for my computer so putting up all the recipes I have tried over the past couple of weeks up on my blog in the next day or 2! It feels so good to be able to update it again - it is definitely therapeutic.
    Looking forward to reading your blog!

Shanna, I use here as my meeting as my class is not the best at all! good luck and hoprfully you will be replying to your friend about all you wonderful losses :)

Happy days bird, a pound is a solid loss. Happy days :)

Well I was shocked today when I lost 4 and a half pounds :) so got my 10% and Im 1/2 a pound away from my 3rd silver 7 more than made up for my gain last week that should of not been there :) one happy girl here this evening

Thats the biggest amount lost in one week since I begain ww 10 months ago!

Over all I have lost 24 pounds now that including the weight I lost before I joined WW :)

sorry about the me post but I know you all feel me LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Why thank you =)

I came accross something online that said they're tenders meal is 11pp, but I can't remember where I found that and it's lost now!

Somehow I don't think I trust that pp!!

Thanks for the advice! Fingers crossed i'll make a decision with all this info and stick to this decision =)

hmmm I always get the tenders meal when I go there, it definately doesn't have as much chips or chicken as if you were to get both seperate but I always still point it as if they were thr big portions, which would be 22 for both.. The garlic mayo is a must for me, sooo costly points wise but sooooo worth it!

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well I was shocked today when I lost 4 and a half pounds :) so got my 10% and Im 1/2 a pound away from my 3rd silver 7 more than made up for my gain last week that should of not been there :) one happy girl here this evening

Over all I have lost 24 pounds now that including the weight I lost before I joined WW :)

Jeez - that is a bloody brilliant loss - AMAZEBALLS! (as I've seen used here a few times before!:D) Fair fecking play baby - you must be feeling pretty chuffed this evening? Good on ya girl! :)

AMAZING loss, i was the same this week down alot after being up with no real reason last week. Well done on the overall loss too, wow!

Jeez - that is a bloody brilliant loss - AMAZEBALLS! (as I've seen used here a few times before!:D) Fair fecking play baby - you must be feeling pretty chuffed this evening? Good on ya girl! :)

Yep pretty dam good! esp at how unsupportive my leader was last week! which I reminded her of and she mummbled a bit and just said well done! :)

Amazeballs great word lol

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Down 1.5 pound. Well chuffed:-) feel soooo bloated though. Have the worst period pain imaginable and don't even feel like eating because of it. Soooo not like me, what's happening to me. Lol :-)

Wanna make soup at the weekend. Usually make butternut and chilli but fancy something different. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Yep pretty dam good! esp at how unsupportive my leader was last week! which I reminded her of and she mummbled a bit and just said well done! :)

Well done! Just goes to show that sticking with it through the tough weeks really works!!

You're leader sounds like a right cow though. I would have expected her to be so excited. If i lost that much my leader would be over the moon!

Seriously though, well done! It's great to think you can pull off a big number outta the bag like that 10 months in.... I'm only 2 months in and its getting tough for me! :o Inspiring, girl! Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

them numbers are brilliant... monife, baby75 and all the rest... sorry for not remembering everyone... they were coming in so thick and fast... absolutely brilliant!!!! :D

I was so good today. Had a MASSIVE dinner for only 4pp!!! yes... 4pp!!! Had one of those fish fillets from Aldi and some roasted butternut squash wedgies... loadsa veggies.... my plate was piled high... and i was soooo stuffed. It meant i had 12pp left for this evening... just had a big bag of microwave popcorn... mmmm soooooo nice!!!

anyone know how many pp are in the popz bags??? Can't be more than 12pp surely. I mean I didn't put any butter on it or anything.... anyone any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

I got low fat micro popcorn in spar (own brand) pointed it at 10pp for 100g bag. Not sure about popz but i wud imagine u wud be safe enuf giving it 12.

them numbers are brilliant... monife, baby75 and all the rest... sorry for not remembering everyone... they were coming in so thick and fast... absolutely brilliant!!!! :D

I was so good today. Had a MASSIVE dinner for only 4pp!!! yes... 4pp!!! Had one of those fish fillets from Aldi and some roasted butternut squash wedgies... loadsa veggies.... my plate was piled high... and i was soooo stuffed. It meant i had 12pp left for this evening... just had a big bag of microwave popcorn... mmmm soooooo nice!!!

anyone know how many pp are in the popz bags??? Can't be more than 12pp surely. I mean I didn't put any butter on it or anything.... anyone any ideas???

Which one ali? Everytime I'm there, I get confused looking at the variety! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all!!

Been catching in up for the past few days.. after my great 2.9kg loss last week i was up 1.6kg after a perfect week was soo gutted I was even in tears at one stage.. anyways Im sad to say that spiralled and I am only back tracking since yesterday!!

Great day yesterday until I went cinema an had popcorn, jellies and KFC.. aaahhhh!! Iv lost the plot!! I weigh in on Saturday which I intend on going to. Im in Sydneys for paddys weekend so I miss my meeting so I am just really going to try and track, water, make right decisions and get back into a gym routine. I just hate the way my body works being sooo good with no results then I cling to the ' Whats the point' attitude for.. 5 days!!!!

Anyways well done on the losses.. Baby75 AMAZING!! and Bernso and Monife too and everyone else :) You are all great and should be kicking me in the backside to get going again !!

Every time i post I seem to complain.. I promise I will try and be more positive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Up 1this morn, dissapointed in myself after my slip on wed night,i had been doin really well al week otherwise,by far my best week in awhile, so really p-eed off with myself, bu hopefully its a lesson learned!! Was even so proud of myself yesterday when i got chocolate in my head and was sooo close to havin a piece of choc biscuit cake, but i didnt!! And even when i put it bac there was still that little vioce in my head sayin go on you know u want it!!!! Resisted tho!!
    Just wondering Are tired muscles heavier than normal 1s? My legs are feeling really tired and heavy after spinning last night and wondering does that make them heavier??ya im totaly tryin to justify my gain here!!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Absolutely amazing Baby!! Jealous lol!! Great work :-)

Seriously though, well done! It's great to think you can pull off a big number outta the bag like that 10 months in.... I'm only 2 months in and its getting tough for me! :o Inspiring, girl! Thank you! :)

I'm finding it tough too the last 2 weeks & am only in 2 months myself. Very hard to stay within 26 points a day :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Lucky you, my boyfriend is from Sligo.. were going here for our year anaversery... last time i was there I met Kian Egan.. embarrassment.com

I know we will share the wings for a starter (the portion is soooo big)

Then I was thinking steak with jacket spud or else the steak fajitas and not eat the wrap.. will be having a few drinks to so will just wipe the 49 weeklies and have all fingers and toes crossed for next Tuesday!! :P

Oh the Venue chicken wings are the BEST!!!

The most important thing is that you ENJOY your dinner out!!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

CONGRATULATIONS!! Delighted for you Baby - well done! :)

Which one ali? Everytime I'm there, I get confused looking at the variety! :confused:

Was just going to say the exact same thing! Looking forward to your words of wisdom ali :D

• Advertisement

They are the "lightly dusted" fish fillets. They come in a small blue and yellow box with 2 fillets in it. They have Haddock, cod and sole from what i can see.... maybe there are more. But they are gorgeous! I couldn't believe that they are all only 4pp. I pointed some Donegal catch and it was 7pp for roughly the same size fillet. AND they are only €2.50 or something.... :)

My freezer is full of them!!!!

Boop22 wrote: »
    Down 1.5 pound. Well chuffed:-) feel soooo bloated though. Have the worst period pain imaginable and don't even feel like eating because of it. Soooo not like me, what's happening to me. Lol :-)

Wanna make soup at the weekend. Usually make butternut and chilli but fancy something different. Any ideas??

Carrot and coriander! or potato and leek I have the complete kitchen cook book it has, Tai vegetable broth, Celeric,leek & potato soup1pp or Cumin- spiced squash soup0pp or chunky bean soup 3pp If any one wants me to post any if them I can do :)
    Absolutely amazing Baby!! Jealous lol!! Great work :-)

Thanks so much, to every one :) still feel happy this morning! my biggest number yet! :)
    I'm finding it tough too the last 2 weeks & am only in 2 months myself. Very hard to stay within 26 points a day :-(

You know I am on 26 + 7 for breastfeeding and then my 49 now I decided last week after WI that I was going back to 29 and only having 2 extra for feeding the baby as we are at the weaning stage now and he is not relying in me as much any more. I used about half my 49 walked lots and Zumba Wednesday night and some exercise on the wii Im not sure if thats why I got the good loss this week! I kinda think its a loss from last week and this week went I shifted the excess water and moved in the other department :D

But I'm trying it again this week, although I am not looking for a big loss each week 1 pound and the odd 2 pound will make me very happy :)

Hi folks...

Just found a steal!!! They sell these diet yogurts in my canteen and was always wary of getting them because they are so creamy, even thought they are diet.... Just pointed them... 1pp!!!!!

1 for 1pp!!! 2 for 2pp and 3 for 4pp.... :D

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271662285

The one day I really want soup and they have creamy soups or meaty soups in work! Grrr. So I ended up having the biggest plate of 0pp salad and a 6pp wrap. Have 19pp left for tonight and all 49 weeklies. Still have no idea who to pp my dinner but atleast I have lots left for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Hi folks...

Just found a steal!!! They sell these diet yogurts in my canteen and was always wary of getting them because they are so creamy, even thought they are diet.... Just pointed them... 1pp!!!!!

1 for 1pp!!! 2 for 2pp and 3 for 4pp.... :D

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271662285

Which yogurts are they Ali? When I click on the link it won't open because I'm not registered to shop online?

• Advertisement

OMG, was so not expecting a loss this week! 1.5lbs down whoop!

I hadn't tracked, out of pure laziness, but had still been relatively good, not that I could say for sure mind you because of the lack of tracking, but had done a good bit of exercise. Davina, horse riding & yoga.

Had been getting quite down hearted about the whole thing having sts last week & finding it very hard to stay within my points. The OH doesn't really like veggies, so I tend to just make whatever and only have a small portion myself. Chicken or fish & a plate of veggies would do me, I tend to spend more than I should on dinners rather than make one dinner for him & another for myself.

Have to figure something out there. But delighted and re-motivated now after having a loss, yeay! :-)

Congratulations to all the losses the past day or two also! Really amazing x

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well done Bailey! :D

OMG, was so not expecting a loss this week! 1.5lbs down whoop!

I hadn't tracked, out of pure laziness, but had still been relatively good, not that I could say for sure mind you because of the lack of tracking, but had done a good bit of exercise. Davina, horse riding & yoga.

Had been getting quite down hearted about the whole thing having sts last week & finding it very hard to stay within my points. The OH doesn't really like veggies, so I tend to just make whatever and only have a small portion myself. Chicken or fish & a plate of veggies would do me, I tend to spend more than I should on dinners rather than make one dinner for him & another for myself.

Have to figure something out there. But delighted and re-motivated now after having a loss, yeay! :-)

Congratulations to all the losses the past day or two also! Really amazing x

Yay!! Well done :)

Lightly dusted cod, Haddock, Yellow sole Fin (theres one with lemon yellow on the box or garlic green on the box) all 4pp and yummy!! in the freezers btw

Bailey I was on 26pp finding it hard so moved back to 19, i dont use them everyday but do some days find it much easier and no affect on the weight loss.. im not saying you should do it but it did work for me. 29 was the old minimum before the changes in December.

Edit: PS WELL DONE ON YOUR LOSS!!

Carrot and coriander! or potato and leek I have the complete kitchen cook book it has, Tai vegetable broth, Celeric,leek & potato soup1pp or Cumin- spiced squash soup0pp or chunky bean soup 3pp If any one wants me to post any if them I can do :)

Thanks so much, to every one :) still feel happy this morning! my biggest number yet! :)

You know I am on 26 + 7 for breastfeeding and then my 49 now I decided last week after WI that I was going back to 29 and only having 2 extra for feeding the baby as we are at the weaning stage now and he is not relying in me as much any more. I used about half my 49 walked lots and Zumba Wednesday night and some exercise on the wii Im not sure if thats why I got the good loss this week! I kinda think its a loss from last week and this week went I shifted the excess water and moved in the other department :D

But I'm trying it again this week, although I am not looking for a big loss each week 1 pound and the odd 2 pound will make me very happy :)

Well done on your amazing loss this week Baby :)

Lightly dusted cod, Haddock, Yellow sole Fin (theres one with lemon yellow on the box or garlic green on the box) all 4pp and yummy!! in the freezers btw

I pointed the yellow fin sole at 5pp - i think it was the one with cracked black pepper?

I pointed the yellow fin sole at 5pp - i think it was the one with cracked black pepper?

I usualy have the one in the blue and yellow box always pointed it as four I will double check both when I am in there this week.

skinny doll has 2 for 6pp on here blog that couldnt be possible could it... (im drooling thinking about it hehe)

Tonight were have a veg pizza made at home 9pp for half, nandos lemon chicken rub on fresh chicken strips 5pp for 4 of them and bns wedges 0pp so a Fakeaway for 14pp you cant beat weight watchers for yummy creative food!

I usualy have the one in the blue and yellow box always pointed it as four I will double check both when I am in there this week.

skinny doll has 2 for 6pp on here blog that couldnt be possible could it... (im drooling thinking about it hehe)

Tonight were have a veg pizza made at home 9pp for half, nandos lemon chicken rub on fresh chicken strips 5pp for 4 of them and bns wedges 0pp so a Fakeaway for 14pp you cant beat weight watchers for yummy creative food!

'Fakeaway' - I love it :D

PS I dont know if i told ye this but corona Light is new to the Irish markey 99 calories a bottle and only 3pp for the 330ml bottle.. not in all the shops yet but keep an eye out will save ye 2pp!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement