Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just bought a fulltone OCD v1.4, i'm in the states at the minute, and i somehow got lucky and picked up the last one they had in the third guitar centre i've tried (they've all had them on back-order). The only bad part is that i can't actually try the damned thing out! it's killing me! All my gear's at home and i'm not home 'till Sunday.....god dang it! I guess i'll just have to be patient, here's hoping it lives up to my expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

I removed my last thanks from the pics thread, as it seems a few people are posting up the guitars they have at the same time they have them on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Not that I really care,as im not buying or selling
    but why's it a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I just bought a fulltone OCD v1.4, i'm in the states at the minute, and i somehow got lucky and picked up the last one they had in the third guitar centre i've tried (they've all had them on back-order). The only bad part is that i can't actually try the damned thing out! it's killing me! All my gear's at home and i'm not home 'till Sunday.....god dang it! I guess i'll just have to be patient, here's hoping it lives up to my expectations!

you ave to let me know how it goes

version 2 and 3 sounds the best to my ears, but 4 is perfectly cool too, give it a whirl when u can

wait 1.4.... whats goin on with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Nice setup crosstown, but how could you get rid of the AX-7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

@ zafo - less posting gear pics, more building rangemaster clones for me!!
    Good to see you on here dude. The SG is sweet, did you re-finish it or did it just come out that colour in the pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

boycey wrote: »
    @ zafo - less posting gear pics, more building rangemaster clones for me!!
    Good to see you on here dude. The SG is sweet, did you re-finish it or did it just come out that colour in the pics?

If they'd hurry up send me the parts I'd have a Rangemaster clone for you, waiting a month now, supposedly there's some stuff out of stock. Only work done on the SG is gluing some of the cracks in the body and a set up. You've seen it in real life haven't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

All my guitar related gear

Guitars:
    Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
    Washburn Dime 333
    Ibanez Semi-Acoustic
    Suzuki Nylon String
    Fender Squire Bass
    SX knock off

Amp:
    Marshall 100DFX
    Drive 25 watt

Pedals:
    ZOOM 606
    Metal Distortion
    Marshall stomp switch

Studio Gear:
    Boss 1600 Studio
    Macbook Pro
    Line 6 PODXT
    Guitarport

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm just looking at this post and I have to ask you reniwren, what's the 9 string bass like to play? It looks like an absolute monster! Also, what tuning do you have it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭reniwren

Plays like a dream light enough too, I hav it in standard 4ths from f sharp, all the details are here if ya like http://www.acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/136/ it was the first 9 he made and has buit 1 since with an order for a 10 string aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Guitars:
    Jackson KV2 King V
    Epiphone Explorer

Amp:
    Marshall JCM 2000 DSL50 head
    Marshall MG412 Cabinet

Pedals:
    Boss Metalzone MT2
    Marshall 3 way footswitch

Recording Gear:
    Line6 Pod 2.0
    Line6 GuitarPort

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

Bass:
    Fender jazz 24
    Hopefully sonne enough musicman stingray HS

Amps:
    Ashdown Mag 600^
    90 liter cab with a fane 15-425 in it.

Pedals:
    Ashdown Drive +

It gets the job done, its mostly the amp i would like to change, with some different cabs, but ya know.

Boycey that's stunning!......you Git! :p

That SG looks great Kev, can't wait to get a go. I like the single volume and tone knobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Feckin' tasty SG Boycey! :D

zafo wrote: »
    That SG looks great Kev, can't wait to get a go. I like the single volume and tone knobs.

I'll actually need your help there! Its wired up with two volumes and no tone so I'll be requesting your soldering/re-wiring skills soon!

Strange, those lovely P90s and no tone control. I wouldn't be into that. I'll bring me iron down with me next week so. Will have a nice selection of pedals to play with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Squirrel: LOVE the bass, almost bought one myself, the neck is very comfortable and the finish looks great!

punchdrunk: Is that an original dan electro or a RI? They look fantastic, have a unique sound but the body seems to be made of cork lol :P My guitarist has been gassing over an original for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Squirrel: LOVE the bass, almost bought one myself, the neck is very comfortable and the finish looks great!

I got it in Xmusic with the price match from Thomann. The neck is lovely to play I have to say. It's my first bass, and I was trying out everything, Ibanez, Fender, Squier and Epiphone and everything in Xmusic. And for the price it was the only one to stand out

Zangetsu wrote: »

punchdrunk: Is that an original dan electro or a RI? They look fantastic, have a unique sound but the body seems to be made of cork lol :P My guitarist has been gassing over an original for ages!

it's a re-issue about ten years old i'd say,can't wait to get it next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Boycey, Boycey, Boycey. What did you go and buy a 68 SG for? Why? Do you realise I now have to look for a different guitar for my next purchase as I would hate to be seen copying you ;). Maybe I'll have to go down the Tele route now. August meet sounds tasty now.......

Quattroste wrote: »
    Boycey, Boycey, Boycey. What did you go and buy a 68 SG for? Why? Do you realise I now have to look for a different guitar for my next purchase as I would hate to be seen copying you ;). Maybe I'll have to go down the Tele route now. August meet sounds tasty now.......

Sorry Ste!!
    I ended up buying from the guitars4you guy again, he had the Sg and another nice Hamer, but after owning an SG faded years ago and remembering how light it was the SG won out. Worse than that the Bacchus is for sale, but I'm kind of hoping no one shows any interest and the Mrs lets me keep it!

*I just remembered that's actually the SG I pm'd you about a while back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

*I just remembered that's actually the SG I pm'd you about a while back!

Yeah, but I'm only dreaming in regards to getting a new guitar at the moment. I could sell to buy but that just leaves feeling like I'm trading my children cos I like them all so much. I do have Tele and upmarket acoustic gas, quite a bad dose :D.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Dazberry, I frickin love that light blue Eggle. I was thinking about that one for ages after the last meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

I've said it before and I'll say it again Dazberry, I frickin love that light blue Eggle. I was thinking about that one for ages after the last meet up.

Thanks Boycey, yeah I was happy with my lot until I saw it on ebay, and then I was happy with my lot until I saw the plus (which arrived today :)). Nature of GAS I suppose!!

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Is it wrong to want that exparkler?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Do I have much hope in getting a Gibson Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash guitar for less than a grand anywhere?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Mental Mickey, this thread is for discussion about posts in the Pictures thread. You already have a thread for your topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Nice Firebird, Dangerous Man. Filtertrons are the biz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Really enjoy looking at everyone stuff on here some really cool gear.

But do you notice how many pic's are taken on unmade beds with clothes strewn about :D
    It's great! in their haste to get the photos taken and posted forget about what else is in the photo!:D
    I love it:D

Advertisement