Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best revenge you got on someone who did something bad to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I said Id never seen one in 5 years of serving them in various pubs and I didnt, it wasn't really a central pillar of my theory that all these people claiming to be spiking peoples food and drink with laxatives and seeing them instantly run off to the toilet and **** themselves are lying, Im perfectly prepared to accept there are twist off beer caps in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Candie wrote: »
    I worked with a lady who liked to throw her not inconsiderable weight around while I was a student. She had a very demanding way about her, and would issue orders rather than ask politely. She would constantly tell me to get her something from across the room rather than fetch it herself, or tell me to get her stuff from the shops or do other menial stuff not in my job description. She was a long standing member of staff, and I a student part-timer, so I didn't feel I could refuse. She would never, ever do even the smallest favour for anyone else, even if it put her to no trouble.

Whenever I would go upstairs to fetch coffee, she would order me to get her a large Americano with low fat milk and two sweeteners. So as my little act of revenge, I would get her Americano with full fat milk, and two big sugars.

I would watch her drink it, and smile on the inside. It made me phenomenally happy. :)

I know you didn't mean too much harm by that, but if she was diabetic that might have caused a bit of trouble. I'm guessing you knew she wasn't since it probably happened often, but in case anyone decides to do it yiz should make sure first.
    Speedwell wrote: »
    I was de-facto-partners with a guy for 10 years. The first few years were great, the next few, meh, the last few, I don't know what the matter with me was but perhaps I was too stubborn to call it quits. I am stubborn. He used to drive me round the bend petulantly whining that I wasn't doing what it took to make him happy, that I didn't love him enough, that I was too tight with money, all while he was sitting in front of his computer in his underwear with a beer all his waking hours, treating me like his mother, and refusing to stick at a job longer than two weeks. He hadn't always been like that and I lived in the hope that he'd find his way back to the man he used to be. Finally I got where I wanted to stop paying for the way I was being treated and rebuild my own life somehow. So the next time he tried to pick a needless fight with me, this happened:

(angrily) "You don't love me anymore. You aren't making me happy."
    (in a gentle, positive tone of voice) "Well, you know, I've been thinking about that and I've realized that you're right. I've been doing everything I can for you and obviously it isn't what you need. You'd be better off if I allowed you to find someone who is able to make you happy, and I want you to be happy. So, here's the phone; call your sister and tell her to come pick you up tonight. Are these your keys? Good, I'm taking off my apartment key. I'll box your stuff up and let you know when to come pick it up."

His mouth opened and closed like a fish, slowly, a couple of times. His sister, who was on my side, told him to shut up and get in the car. I scrupulously packed everything he legitimately owned (his clothing, his gifts from me and his family, the things he purchased with his own money). He never came to pick up half of it, but he called once to ask if we could get back together. I said, "No, remember, I don't love you anymore and I don't make you happy. Please don't ask again." And he didn't.

Last I heard, he was squatting in a cheap, dirty hotel room paid for by his aging parents since neither they nor his sister could stand to be around his underwear-clad, beer-stinking, computer-addicted a***. I went on to get a promotion and raise since I was no longer struggling and depressed, was sent by my US-based multinational around the world to conduct training, and met and married a lovely Irishman while I was traveling, so now I'm here! :)

This one just seems mean spirited. "We were both depressed [someone all of a sudden becoming lazy and unenthusiastic about working/doing things is a pretty big sign of it, not just armchair diagnosing] because the relationship had gone sour and I admittedly wasn't interested in the relationship anymore. Thank god his life is still ****, but mine's not." You shouldn't have to stay with someone like that obviously, but sounds a bit cruel that you seem so thrilled he's still depressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

I know you didn't mean too much harm by that, but if she was diabetic that might have caused a bit of trouble. I'm guessing you knew she wasn't since it probably happened often, but in case anyone decides to do it yiz should make sure first.

This one just seems mean spirited. "We were both depressed [someone all of a sudden becoming lazy and unenthusiastic about working/doing things is a pretty big sign of it, not just armchair diagnosing] because the relationship had gone sour and I admittedly wasn't interested in the relationship anymore. Thank god his life is still ****, but mine's not." You shouldn't have to stay with someone like that obviously, but sounds a bit cruel that you seem so thrilled he's still depressed.

He sounded like an emotional leech and a**hole in fairness!

deseil wrote: »
    He sounded like an emotional leech and a**hole in fairness!

As the poster said though, they weren't always like that. Something changed them, which is what makes me think depression. From the story they told, doesn't sound like a great person to be with, but they don't sound like they deserve to be living in depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

kfallon wrote: »
    A fella I used to live with for a few months (he was a bit of a tool) decided that he should bring a few mates back to the gaff around 1am to continue their night out (it was a Thurs night, I had work the next morn). Great craic altogether as I had to listen to the fúcking eejits til about 4am.

Next morn I get up for work about 8am, go into the main room, leave the door open, turn on the TV full blast. Go into the bathroom, piss on his toothbrush, into the kitchen and dip my prick into the fresh 2 litre carton of milk he had in the fridge. He moved out shortly afterwards, he lost his job, I didn't shed a tear!

Tell you what tho, that Cleopatra had the right idea, me flute never looked so good after being submerged in the milk :pac:

Its stories like this and a lot of the others on thread that make pray to god I never live/work/interact with most of the posters on this thread.
    I get revenge if somebody is deliberately harms or puts you down but a lot of these just sound like the posters just don't get on with the people they are taking revenge on.

Edit: Did hear one revenge story about a what a friend of a friend paid to have done too a junkie that robbed his ma's but honestly hope its never happened (way way to nasty)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

I used to frequent a out of town friendly gay bar in London which catered for a more middle aged mature crowd but with a clubby atmosphere with a couple of pool tables and small dance floor.

One evening I was there one busy Friday evening with a older Scottish friend of mine, 60 odd at the time but still loved going out drinking. He wore an eye patch as a result of a brain haemorrhage he had in his fifties so he had a pirate look about him and probably looked older than he should but a great friend to me and am very fond of him.

One evening some out of towners, a female probably a straight fag hag with a couple of sassy young gay males who didn't quite get the theme of the friendly venue, arrived. My Scottish mate couldn't play pool to save his life but he gave it a go now and again and was at the table with one eye to cue up the ball which he took some considerable time over to line up usually missing by a mile to great cheers if he got one in.

As he was lining up a shot this fag hag though if would be funny if she kicked him in the arse as he was on the table, behind his back. Great hilarity ensued within the trio as they did this repeatedly over the course of the game , himself actually being mostly oblivious to what was going on at his expense , as I observed getting more incensed all the while.

The situation ended as the game ended and I casually plonked myself over to where the trio were gaggling away. I engaged her in chit chat which is easy to do when your on the beer about nothing in particular but as the conversation moved and we were getting on famously I propositioned her in some way at the same time making a faked pass at her. She retracted immediately , her demeanour changed and asked why a gay man would be interested in her. I said I was sorry but I though she was a man.

She punched me in the face quite hard but had zero effect on me. Her friends started screaming at me and security plus bar manger quickly arrived to sort the situation out. I was a regular and guess who was promptly kicked out of the pub after we both argued our positions. My ploy was just to annoy her but they found themselves on the street to boot.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yep, and I clearly said that in my original response. But why be glad that "Last I heard, he was squatting in a cheap, dirty hotel room paid for by his aging parents since neither they nor his sister could stand to be around his underwear-clad, beer-stinking, computer-addicted a***"? Just a bit mean-spirited, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I have no idea whether he's still depressed, if he even is or was depressed. It wasn't sudden at all, and I truly did all I could for him, including trying to get him to seek help (and in America, therapy is no harder to get than any other medical care, which is to say impossible if you can't afford it, but I could afford it). He was emotionally abusive, but I'm not disclaiming my responsibility for staying in the relationship, far from it. Anyway, yes, I have to say that it indicates what kind of effort we were each putting in that as soon as I cut the tether, he sank like a stone and I rose like a balloon. He's a 30+ year-old adult with local supportive family (I had none to rely on) and, thank God, no longer my responsibility.

As long as we're being armchair psychologists, I have to ask why you're being so defensive. Do you really think I deserved to be made into someone's permanent caregiver with sex privileges, all while putting up with abuse and paying for it out of my own pocket? Do you feel like there are areas of your life in which you need to exert a little more independence and a little more kindness toward those supporting you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

A few years ago I worked in a fairly crap company. Started off well and mingled with the staff a lot.
    Was in very well with the manager and I got sent on some work trips which helped me learn new things.
    A nasty bitch started a rumour that I was coming into work drunk which the manager believed.
    The girl left soon after on maternity leave but I had to put up with my managers constant digs.
    Fast forward two years and it had descended into utter ****e as the manager would intentionally call me a different name, speak to me in a different language just soni wouldn't understand and tell me to fcuk off and whatnot.
    The company started to suffer massive outpouring of employees as people kept leaving and low and behold she starts being nice to me and giving me hints to stay working as well as the other two people on our team had quit.
    Reassured her I wouldn't quit.
    Christmas eve arrived which I had been waiting for and knew she was about to go on holidays, so in I walk to her office with my hands behind me back and asked how things were. "could be much much better, what do you want?"
    Me: "ah not much to be honest but here is my notice. Merry Xmas and walked out".
    She had now lost everyone on her team.
    Good enough for the bitch.
    Moved onto another job 3 weeks later for twice the pay.

Btw, to the poster who said that himself and a friend pissed on some lad who was asleep. You are fcuking disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

colossus-x wrote: »
    I used to frequent a out of town friendly gay bar in London which catered for a more middle aged mature crowd but with a clubby atmosphere with a couple of pool tables and small dance floor.

One evening I was there one busy Friday evening with a older Scottish friend of mine, 60 odd at the time but still loved going out drinking. He wore an eye patch as a result of a brain haemorrhage he had in his fifties so he had a pirate look about him and probably looked older than he should but a great friend to me and am very fond of him.

One evening some out of towners, a female probably a straight fag hag with a couple of sassy young gay males who didn't quite get the theme of the friendly venue, arrived. My Scottish mate couldn't play pool to save his life but he gave it a go now and again and was at the table with one eye to cue up the ball which he took some considerable time over to line up usually missing by a mile to great cheers if he got one in.

As he was lining up a shot this fag hag though if would be funny if she kicked him in the arse as he was on the table, behind his back. Great hilarity ensued within the trio as they did this repeatedly over the course of the game , himself actually being mostly oblivious to what was going on at his expense , as I observed getting more incensed all the while.

The situation ended as the game ended and I casually plonked myself over to where the trio were gaggling away. I engaged her in chit chat which is easy to do when your on the beer about nothing in particular but as the conversation moved and we were getting on famously I propositioned her in some way at the same time making a faked pass at her. She retracted immediately , her demeanour changed and asked why a gay man would be interested in her. I said I was sorry but I though she was a man.

She punched me in the face quite hard but had zero effect on me. Her friends started screaming at me and security plus bar manger quickly arrived to sort the situation out. I was a regular and guess who was promptly kicked out of the pub after we both argued our positions. My ploy was just to annoy her but they found themselves on the street to boot.

Brilliant :D

By the way, what's a "straight fag hag"? As in a straight woman that has lots of gay friends or just a straight woman that goes to gay clubs?

Mourinho wrote: »

By the way, what's a "straight fag hag"?

A straight woman id guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭md23040

This was posted before by me in another thread years ago - it does not involve me at all, but the means of revenge and dealing with a psychopathic power hungry priest always gave me a fond smirk...

At a dump of a boarding school in the early 1980’s, run by a bunch of satanic priests, their only mission in life was making ours an absolute misery. The worst by far was the dean of the school, who in charge of discipline and he considered his role to be one of legitimately battering as many pupils as he could on a daily basis, and as such was hated completely by all boarders who frequently crossed his path.

To cut a long story short he got a new Fiat car, his pride and joy (even though it was low end), and less than one week into ownership, a merry band of rebels decided to get up in the middle of the night, for some kind of revenge karma and spent a number of hours jumping for joy on top of the car and pulverising the roof to a sorry state of its former self.

Basically, without much evidence to go on other than any of the 200 plus hate-filled boarders could be culpable, he decided on a Mexican stand off and proceeded to ban evening rec time. Instead everyone had to gather standing in the hall and no none could leave for 90 minutes until the culprits admitted to their guilt. Given this frame of mind he was in it for the long haul as was clear from his temperament on the third evening saying it would last indefinitely until he found out.

Anyway, that evening there were confessions and old Darth Vader himself was in the driving seat. One of the lads went in and confessed with remorse from the bottom of his heart, next thing happened was this deep raspberry-flushed, bull-head psychopath just jumped out of the confessional box just screaming incoherently, then after about a minute or two in utter silence of all gathered to watch the fete, he had to get back inside as his vows dictated, offer forgiveness and hold to the oath of silence henceforth about the matter. We all had a smirk for years as we passed the priest and hailed the guys as absolute legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

got a hold of their password, then posted their nude pics on their linkedin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Mourinho wrote: »

By the way, what's a "straight fag hag"? As in a straight woman that has lots of gay friends or just a straight woman that goes to gay clubs?

The word 'straight' was superfluous there - I suppose I just said it for clarity.

Generally a fag-hag is a straight female who hangs around gay men and builds their social life around it. Not to be confused with a female who has gay friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Robsweezie wrote: »

D!ckmove.

Really lousy thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

^^^^^^^^^^
    Is that not against the law?
    Rotten thing to do btw

Wow... That's seriously fcuked up. I wouldn't even be bragging about that.
    Very low thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Lived with a guy who was absolutely disgusting. He would eat everyone else's food, steal tobacco from people's rooms, and was the messiest laziest housemate I've ever had. He kept the Pyrex jug in his car for a couple of weeks so he could piss in it on his way to work and empty it out the car window, then put it back in the house and didn't tell us until weeks afterwards that that's what he was doing with it. We were all using the jug for cooking in the meantime.

In one of the bathrooms where he was too lazy to aim in the toilet and flush, he'd just piss in the sink when he was brushing his teeth. He thought it was funny and told us.

He started growing weed in his room and stank the whole house out. He'd smoke in there too and leave fag butts all over the carpet, stub them out on the windowsill, in the bedside locker, anywhere.

Anyway, I got sick of his crap and called the landlord, explained the situation, and organised a surprise house inspection. Everyone else's rooms were spotless apart from this guys. For added effect, a few minutes before the landlord came over I went into this guys room and smoked a few fags, to create a nice smokey ambiance.

Landlord walked in, saw the weed, saw the carpet which was destroyed, saw that he had dismantled the wardrobe and broke up all of the shelves, had plates and cups in there which were covered in mould, and that he had created "candles" out of orange peel and olive oil which could have burned the house down and killed everyone.

Landlord took pictures of everything. Everyone in the house is obliged to have 24 hours notice of an inspection so I scribbled a note saying "Hey guys, house inspection on Friday at 4 o clock, make sure everything is tidy", and left it kind of half hidden, but also slightly noticeable on the hall table like it had been there for a few days and could have been easily passed by or missed.

Landlord gets in contact with said housemate, sends him pictures that he had taken, and basically tells him to get out or the Gardaí would be informed of his weed growing & selling business. Disgusting housemate was gone within a week!

• Advertisement

Smidge wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^ Is that not against the law? Rotten thing to do btw

As it's been pointed out, yes I'm sure it's illegal under some "revenge porn" law, So I probably wouldn't be posting this if I hadve done it.

I'd just like to clarify that I didn't! I just happened to be browsing LinkedIn and it came into my head, considering how prim and proper the site is , your nude pics appearing on there would be a shocker of a revenge plot.

As it's been pointed out, yes I'm sure it's illegal under some "revenge porn" law, So I probably wouldn't be posting this if I hadve done it.

I'd just like to clarify that I didn't! I just happened to be browsing LinkedIn and it came into my head, considering how prim and proper the site is , your nude pics appearing on there would be a shocker of a revenge plot.

You are contradicting yourself here, have you just realised that you shouldn't have said a thing and are regretting posting it?
    What you did was a complete breach of morality. Do you realise anyone can see that and completely fcuk up the persons opportunity at getting future jobs?
    Unless you made the whole thing up which is pathetic really or you actually did do it (which I believe you did) and now regret posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I don't think these type of thread are a good idea as the give ideas to the slightly unhinged or dim or even worse someone with an underlying nasty streak combine with a huge sense of self importance.

Years ago I know of someone who did something simple but it cause about two days of work frustration and upset, they did it because the person was their boss and they didn't like them. It was the kind of person who does have an underlying nasty streak but hid it well always the worst type.

You have no basis to believe I did other than my word, of someone you've never met.

People joke and exaggerate all the time on this site, particularly this neck of the woods. Do I mean everything I post? No. Surprisingly nobody has ever pushed me as far as to warrant doing such a thing for real. I'm well aware of the career implications.

I'm clarifying now to avoid people going mad reporting me over it . Apologies and my heart bleeds that this felt like a step too far for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

You have no basis to believe I did other than my word, of someone you've never met.

People joke and exaggerate all the time on this site, particularly this neck of the woods. Do I mean everything I post? No. Surprisingly nobody has ever pushed me as far as to warrant doing such a thing for real. I'm well aware of the career implications.

I'm clarifying now to avoid people going mad reporting me over it . Apologies and my heart bleeds that this felt like a step too far for you all.

Yeah, not too impressed that you pulled a "Penthouse Letters" here, either. If you didn't do it, why say you did? At best, you were dishonest to create a momentary impression in the minds of a bunch of perfect strangers; at worst, you actually did what you claimed to have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jesus Christ lads, how many other stories on this thread are tall tales? Was the post distasteful? Probably. Funny? Probably not but very subjective.

Quit with the lecturing ffs.

Aren't you lecturing us yourself with post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Depending on what the person did to you, posting nude pics of them on their LinkedIn page could be a reasonable response.

Yeah_Right wrote:
    Depending on what the person did to you, posting nude pics of them on their LinkedIn page could be a reasonable response.

I was going to include that in my response, this "person" could've done anything to me or those I love. I'm not the vengeful sort though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Yeah_Right wrote: »

What could someone do that would make that reasonable?

If she did something awful, I might be able to understand why he did something so unreasonable - but that definitely wouldn't make it reasonable.

Advertisement