Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 GAA Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Waterford jersey is very nice, probably my favourite from the new ones.

Don't like the Clare one. Would have been nice if they'd left off the blue on the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

A pity Azzurri didn't find their groove sooner, when they had more contracts. Their last two Waterford jerseys have been great.

The Clare one looks horrifically outdated already, and it hasn't even launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The new Waterford jersey does look very nice indeed.

Regarding the old baggy jerseys, just remember back not so long ago that rugby union jerseys were made of heavy cotton and were XXXL regardless of the player's size!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    who's yerwan?

Google tells me "yerwan" is Sarsfields camogie and football player (and model) Mairead O'Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭josip

Google tells me "yerwan" is Sarsfields camogie and football player (and model) Mairead O'Farrell.

Why is she the only one not wearing socks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

shaneon77 wrote: »
    any word on meaths new kit yet?

Can't be any worse than having Mr. Tayto on it. Desperate looking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Waterford jersery is very nice in fairness. I wouldnt be gone on the round collar trend which O'Neills have gone for in the past year or 2. I'd much prefer the v neck Azzuari have going on, but thats just my opinion....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Waterford Jersey is nice. The Clare one is pure muck, sad to say we're stuck with it for the next three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Ooneills really don't give a **** about gaa jerseys, absolutely dreadful stuff, the cork, clare, galway, Kildare jerseys no imagination just churn them out for the gaa who they effectively have a monopoly on.........wateford jersey from azzuri very nice in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

sean mac wrote: »
    Ooneills really don't give a **** about gaa jerseys, absolutely dreadful stuff, the cork, clare, galway, Kildare jerseys no imagination just churn them out for the gaa who they effectively have a monopoly on.........wateford jersey from azzuri very nice in comparison

They don't give a **** about their biggest revenue earner? O'neills produce numerous samples for county boards to select and then the board makes their decision. Maybe it's the county boards that have no imagination? You are right in saying that all the above show no imagination but I am 100% sure they weren't given this one jersey and told to take it or leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

statto25 wrote: »
    They don't give a **** about their biggest revenue earner? O'neills produce numerous samples for county boards to select and then the board makes their decision. Maybe it's the county boards that have no imagination? You are right in saying that all the above show no imagination but I am 100% sure they weren't given this one jersey and told to take it or leave it.

The fact these ****e jerseys were acutally put on the table shows the lack of imagination and the contempt they show akin to rte's coverage of the games. Oneills simply trot out so much similar crap jerseys every year when they could do so much more

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Can't be any worse than having Mr. Tayto on it. Desperate looking thing.

Ara you're just jealous that we have the backing of the single most important celebrity in Irish life :P.

Though that aside I haven't heard of a new Meath kit this year. Would have expected such a thing to be out for Christmas. This will be the third year of the current one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

The fact these ****e jerseys were acutally put on the table shows the lack of imagination and the contempt they show akin to rte's coverage of the games. Oneills simply trot out so much similar crap jerseys every year when they could do so much more

Oneills have been shaking things up over the last few years. Have a look at some of the club kits on their website. Take the 3 new Jordanstown University jersies for the Sigerson. They are top notch in my view. I think o'neills will do whatever boards want them to do, but behind the door County boards prefer the plain jersey where the sponsors are the main focal point rather than the colors and county they represent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I like our jersey (Galway) this year. Granted they didn't do much with it bar add a bit more white onto the end of the sleeves. Sometimes less is more. They could have gone crazy adding all sorts of designs and made a pig's mickey out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

^^^^^
    They got rid of that honeycomb / hexagon pattern over it as well, i think.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Dimitrov

Anyone notice the jerseys have gone up €2 to €62? Total rip off.

Dimitrov wrote: »
    Anyone notice the jerseys have gone up €2 to €62? Total rip off.

Disgraceful. Id love to know what profit margin they make. Abnormal id say.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Dimitrov

Disgraceful. Id love to know what profit margin they make. Abnormal id say.
    It has to be. GAA jerseys are pretty poor quality compared to rugby or soccer jerseys, there's no stitching on them.

I'd love to know what the split between O'Neill's and each county board is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'd disagree that the GAA jerseys are poor quality. I've always found the O'Neills jersey good in terms of hard wearing, long lasting and holding shape, colour, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

While the might be hard wearing, they are a terrible material for replicas. Very cheap feeling and looking.

I actually find the stitching (the odd bit that's on it) gives way a bit too easily for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭josip

Maybe a deterioration in quality has crept in in recent years?
    My Mahon & McPhillips and Avonmore 1st Gen are both still going strong and get worn (and tested :)) regularly. All seams still intact.
    The only collateral damage is a cigarette mark from the olden days when people smoked in pubs.

Hibbeler wrote: »
    Ara you're just jealous that we have the backing of the single most important celebrity in Irish life :P.

Though that aside I haven't heard of a new Meath kit this year. Would have expected such a thing to be out for Christmas. This will be the third year of the current one.

I was at the Meath/Westmeath game in Croker and noticed that most Meath supporters were wearing and Kepak and other retro jersies than the Mr. Tayto one. which I assume was not just due to meanness :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I was at the Meath/Westmeath game in Croker and noticed that most Meath supporters were wearing and Kepak and other retro jersies than the Mr. Tayto one. which I assume was not just due to meanness :-)

To be fair to you the Kepak Jerseys were much nicer than what came after, the simpler the better with the 2001 jersey in yellow my personal favourite. The current one has a wee bit too much going on in terms of swrils and frills. The sponsor logo would indeed look better without Mr Tayto himself and just the Tayto Park writing

Hibbeler wrote: »
    To be fair to you the Kepak Jerseys were much nicer than what came after, the simpler the better with the 2001 jersey in yellow my personal favourite. The current one has a wee bit too much going on in terms of swrils and frills. The sponsor logo would indeed look better without Mr Tayto himself and just the Tayto Park writing

The Meath logo is definitely the worst, although Tyrone gave them a run for their money when another crisp company was sponsoring them. Another awful looking yoke.

And I am not being biased. If Dublin were sponsored by M & Ms I would not be wearing a jersey with one of the M & M chaps on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

New Down jersey. Not bad.

down-jersey-home-1.jpg

paul0103 wrote: »
    New Down jersey. Not bad.

down-jersey-home-1.jpg

Sponsor is far too dominant. Its hard to believe they could not shrink it 10%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Sponsor is far too dominant. Its hard to believe they could not shrink it 10%?

Your right with the ssponsors logo. I always thought that the 1991 down jersey was the Start of jersies being fashionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Glad to see them back in black sleeves. The 2010 shirt was a thing of beauty. As was the "Ulster" shirt they wore in the final v Cork.

• Advertisement

Offaly one on display at the county convention the other night. Poor pic but you can just about make out the detail. Why Offaly havent released it to the public at Christmas is baffling.

CVumgsEW4AAGDgA.jpg

Advertisement