Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well feck you, about 3 days before i do:D

Ah but you will have the last laugh I'm sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Let there be gold

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jaysus, dunno what I did there, it's not including me. Just thought I'd play for a day or two! :pac:

That's better. Just to confirm, everyone has seen my 3 golds right?

Jaysus, dunno what I did there, it's not including me. Just thought I'd play for a day or two! :pac:
    Fixed that for you.

Ooh dislodged Fazz ... Lead hoochie... cunning move. Well done on 3 Golds!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

That's better. Just to confirm, everyone has seen my 3 golds right?

Oh so you're back in now ?

*Cards marked for 2013 SBR.
    :D

Good job on the Golds. Smashing considering the niggles you've had.

Oh so you're back in now ?

*Cards marked for 2013 SBR.
    :D

Good job on the Golds. Smashing considering the niggles you've had.

After the weekends cycling I won't be back on the bike for a proper long spin until February. So you can get a mighty head start there.

Since 2013 SBR has been mentioned already I will unsticky this in a few weeks to get chat rolling about the 2013 SBR format.

Lots of targets rolling in the last 2 weeks, great stuff folks! A lot more green and golds on the board this year than the last 2 years :D

Can anyone catch JB? Does Fazz have some run miles to log to make it a tight run in. I think its Zico vs JB. Zico, if the swimming is kept up after Phuket. :D

Got to hand it to the hoochies, really mixing it up. Just wonder if DD can close the gap on RQ :pac:

Thread unstickied. Last 5 weeks to get the kms in. Log them before 31.12.12 00:00 as anything logged after that for 2012 won't count. I've been harsh the last 2 challenges and will be again this year ;)

We could incorporate the confession box into the 2013 challenge? Log the crap calories you consume. Negative metric muffin man column :pac: so you may log the most SBR kms but the ill discipline in the kitchen will put olive oil on the ladder rungs! Ha, an uber healthy newbie doing a first sprint tri could do quite well :o

Any other fun metrics we could log ?! Just how geeky can this get?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Finally got green run :rolleyes::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Can anyone catch JB? Does Fazz have some run miles to log to make it a tight run in.

Yes. To the second question at least...

First one still a way off I'm nowhere near green run for a while yet. In fact may be tight to hit it before end of yr.

Will update when I get a chance. Have numbers tracked on TP since back training after my break.

Really impressive step up in general with the kms being clocked in the 2012 edition! Relatively more swim golds too. Interesting that the run again is the hardest one to get. Is it time to review the targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Finally tipped the 3 greens.

If it wasnt for this darn injury i'd be knocking on a run gold at the end of the year. :(

Thanks to the X train challenge, I've finally given more thought to the S&C area of training too. Have my targets set for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Really impressive step up in general with the kms being clocked in the 2012 edition! Relatively more swim golds too. Interesting that the run again is the hardest one to get. Is it time to review the targets?

No, its soft enough, just need to run more

tunney wrote: »
    No, its soft enough, just need to run more

Will you get it by year end?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Looks like you need a red category, for those who go 3x green. (gold being 2x green).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

This year is the closest I've come to run gold but I know I won't get there. I also know I need to run more but knowing and doing/having time are 2 different things :D

Given that it's a rare one to hit, maybe it sure be rewarded more favourably in the scoring?

Will you get it by year end?

Four weeks, 440km, unlikely, I should have run more!

200km, 4000km, 2000km, challenging but achieveable if you get off your fat ar$e. If its so soft that everyone gets them then why bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

should the golds for swimming and cycling be increased ?
    these appear to be hit earlier in the year as opposed to the Running Gold.

BennyMul wrote: »
    should the golds for swimming and cycling be increased ?
    these appear to be hit earlier in the year as opposed to the Running Gold.

2000/52 is only 38km a week, which really is feck all and we should all hang our heads in shame for not achieveing this,

The swimming is 3.8km a week, thats a nice swim set not a weekly number.

And the cycling is 76km a week, again its shameful not to hit it.

(I am aware that I will not hit gold for two, again for shame)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tunney wrote: »
    Four weeks, 440km, unlikely, I should have run more!

200km, 4000km, 2000km, challenging but achieveable if you get off your fat ar$e. If its so soft that everyone gets them then why bother.
    You risk making it too elitist. The 'ordinary' folk just wont bother getting involved. Not everyone hit targets, even this year, which was pretty epic in terms of the levels reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Nah we had this issue last year, I think they are fine the way they are. Far from impossible but certainly not easy - you really need to do a marathon to give yourself a real chance of getting the run gold. I would have just scraped it again this year with DCM but for that damn stomach injury reaching for the Erdinger!

Getting gold in all 3 is great going (as long as they aren't junk miles :rolleyes: )

Oryx wrote: »
    You risk making it too elitist. The 'ordinary' folk just wont bother getting involved. Not everyone hit targets, even this year, which was pretty epic in terms of the levels reached.

I'm not the one advocating change.

:o it was only a suggestion, dont shoot me.
    for a disclamer I havent hit Gold in running yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

BennyMul wrote: »
    :o it was only a suggestion, dont shoot me.
    for a disclamer I havent hit Gold in running yet either.

Soon very soon......a very solid years training from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

3.8km/76km/38km per week averages.

Your average athlete should be hitting one of those targets in just one session, another target should be hit in just two sessions a week. Clearly running is the more difficult target to reach requiring at least 3 runs a week, sometimes 4 for most people. But do we really want to dumb it down to a point where everyone is hitting all golds come December? I'd be all for leaving as it is. A decent three run week should have you hitting that target easily enough anyway.

* I also won't be hitting run gold, but thats because I've ran a total of 12km in the last 2months. Injury sucks.

You could change it to gold, silver, bronze goals and increase the numbers for gold ones?

For the record, my bike gold does include some of my commuting. But I commute, on average, between 140km to 175km a week so felt I deserved to include some of that. ;) Potentially increasing to over 200km a week in the new year.
    Could use the two currents sets of goals as silver + bronze and add an extra 1000km for bike and run + whatever suits for swim for gold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Swim and Bike golds as they stand are easy to hit, 17 and 19 golds as opposed to 7 in running. I like RQ's idea, something like
    Swim: bronze:100k, silver:200k, gold:300k
    Bike: bronze:2500k, silver:5000k, gold:7500k
    Run: bronze:1000k, silver:1750k, gold:2500k

Brone=1pt, Silver=2pt and Gold=3pt, alterntively don't worry about numbers and colours and just go out and do some training:)

or in addition to RC have a weighting system to hours trained,

• Advertisement

Swim and Bike golds as they stand are easy to hit, 17 and 19 golds as opposed to 7 in running. I like RQ's idea, something like
    Swim: bronze:100k, silver:200k, gold:300k
    Bike: bronze:2500k, silver:5000k, gold:7500k
    Run: bronze:1000k, silver:1750k, gold:2500k

Brone=1pt, Silver=2pt and Gold=3pt, alterntively don't worry about numbers and colours and just go out and do some training:)

Whats this points business?

Advertisement