Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Im thinking less incidental dialogue, or less pre-rendered clips
    like the fight against the Collector ship after the Omega 4 relay, probably several vids there depending on how upgraded your ship was/wasnt

Yeah those pre-rendered cutscenes sucked because they were highly compressed and of really low quality on the PC version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads, anyone know of the beta MP of ME3 being released soon and how to get a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

picked up battlefield 3 and got a code inside for early access to the multiplayer beta also says dates will be announced in january

I don't suppose anyone who bought BF 3 has a spare code they wont b using?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does anyone know anywhere selling the Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition online? I know Gamestop are selling it but I'd prefer to give my business elsewhere.

It is annoying that Amazon aren't selling it as they only charge you once the items ships.

• Advertisement

Pat at Gamesnash said they will carry the collectors edition if it is made available to them, just have to wait closer to the date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As much as i love the gameplay and combat of both mass effect 1 and 2 i hope they cut down on the endless dialogue and cutscenes.
    I want to play not watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone who bought BF 3 has a spare code they wont b using?

PS3 or Xbox, I might get able to get a PS3, one of the lads got BF3, and hated it, and never played Mass Effect, so doubtful he will be using that pass.

Its not tied into the online pass tho is it? hardly be able to get it then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dcully wrote: »
    As much as i love the gameplay and combat of both mass effect 1 and 2 i hope they cut down on the endless dialogue and cutscenes.

Not me. Thought the combat was woeful in the first game and not much better in the second. It's the dialogue and choices that make it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I am so impressed that someone, like yourself, who obviously has so many mental issues, was capable of posting in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Too true, I hate when dialogue and storylines get in the way of a good RPG. :(

I am so impressed that someone, like yourself, who obviously has so many mental issues, was capable of posting in this thread.

Care to explain wtf your on about?

gizmo wrote: »
    Too true, I hate when dialogue and storylines get in the way of a good RPG. :(

Im as big an rpg fan as anyone, theres just too much dialogue for me with bioware titles in general.
    Its just my opinion,its down to taste.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Not me. Thought the combat was woeful in the first game and not much better in the second. It's the dialogue and choices that make it for me.

Couldn't agree more! Story and choices first in Mass Effect, combat is definitely second fiddle & it feels it....

If they cut down on dialogue and cutscenes in favour of more action, that would be just more dumbing down of the series!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    PS3 or Xbox, I might get able to get a PS3, one of the lads got BF3, and hated it, and never played Mass Effect, so doubtful he will be using that pass.

Its not tied into the online pass tho is it? hardly be able to get it then.

PS3, That would be class man! I think it's just a seperate code, would be crap if it was tied in with the online code. If it is seperate and he's not using it, I would much appreciate it and send you some virtual cheese burgers :D

I love all the stories and cutscenes in ME 2 and I equally love the combat in it as well. No surprise my favourite game this year!

PS3, That would be class man! I think it's just a seperate code, would be crap if it was tied in with the online code. If it is seperate and he's not using it, I would much appreciate it and send you some virtual cheese burgers :D

From reading my xbox one, it seems like its pretty much tied into the BF3 online pass, not a separate redeemable code, unless we get emailed the codes around the time. Keep ya posted anyways.

Excellent, thanks man. Pity they didn't give the codes to a mailing list instead of a completely different genre of game of which some buyers might never even use it. Ah I'd say it will be just early access to the demo anyway and the rest of us will get it eventually...hopefully.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I want more cutscenes and dialogue, not less. I enjoyed the combat (of both games), but it's the story that keeps me interested.

Nice little read on Kotaku

5 reasons i'm nervous about ME3
    http://kotaku.com/5873532/5-reasons-im-nervous-about-mass-effect-3

5 reasons i'm totally NOT nervous about ME3
    http://kotaku.com/5873558/5-reasons-im-totally-not-nervous-about-mass-effect-3

The NOT nervous article has a better argument imo.

• Advertisement

The NOT nervous article has a better argument imo.

I couldn't disagree with either article to be honest. Initially I thought before reading, that I would definitely side with the Nervous article, but no, both raise valid points.

As a massive fan of the series so far (sheehy you can't talk, you haven't even done Insanity mode :pac:), I am now cautiously optimistic as opposed to worried when I heard about the multiplayer and kinect features, and began to worry that this game could get dumbed down to DA2 standards, or worse.

F u Freeze haha! I'll kick your ass in some ME3 Multiplayer :D

I got some of the ME comics but way too many of them so found a timeline on ME wikia that covers the events of the comics as well. great read for some background info on the universe.

F u Freeze haha! I'll kick your ass in some ME3 Multiplayer :D

Its co-op, pfffttt, call yourself a fan! We'll be working together, no kicking each others asses.

Anyways, regarding the co-op, I read an article on x360a.org about when they got a hands on with it, and Dan Webb, think he runs that site, but I think he could be one of the biggest Mass Effect fans around wasn't happy at all after he played the co-op, must try and dig up the article.

Woops, forgot to add the timeline link, actually the story line but covers everything.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Storyline

Ah I thought there was a deathmatch kind of mode as well? Ah sure we might be able to turn off friendly fire and then we'll see!

The more I look at the collectors edition, the more I think it's not worth the money. Think i'll just save my cash for the DLC missions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

[QUOTE=sheehy83;76351057http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Storyline [/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks for that. I know what i'm doing in work today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pat at Gamesnash said they will carry the collectors edition if it is made available to them, just have to wait closer to the date.

Any idea what kind of price will be on it over here?

No price yet, they have to confirm, if they will be carrying it first. I'm reading that the CE is already sold out in a lot of Gamestop shops in America.

Saw on Gamestop the CE will be 80 euro, thats way too expensive for an art book, fabric patch, a picture of the Normandy and a comic. I'm only interested in the in-game DLC which sounds class but not 'an extra 30 euro' class. Would be cool to have that dog running round the Normandy tho. Looks like the normal edition for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wow thats a bit of a joke considering it's $79 in the states from Amazon. Bloody rip off!

• Advertisement

Thinking of going normal edition now too. CE is a mental price, 85.47 delivered via express delivery from Gamestop.:eek:

Advertisement